New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default This is Life Ain't It wierd.

Well my little pudding skins, This is the beggining, the begginging, it's the beggining to our story. sorry was listining to my 8 track player. any who. This is the begining you all start in the town square eating lunch one thing odd about the town square is it is shaped in a rectangle.
    "Those who have packed far up into grizzly country know that the presence of even one grizzly on the land elevates the mountains, deepens the canyons, chills the winds, brightens the stars, darkens the forest, and quickens the pulse of all who enter it. They know that when a bear dies, something sacred in every living thing interconnected with that realm... also dies."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: This is Life Ain't It wierd.

Stupid lack of geometrical symmetry, thinks Ruby, stewing silently. He shakes his head so that his long dyed-black bangs fall into his face to better conceal his eyes. All of his clothing is black as well, from his large hooded cloak to his fine satin gloves. His canvas backpack has the names of his favorite tragic bards scribbled all over it in black and purple ink.

"So, why are all of you following me? He glares at everyone around him as he sips his Extra Calorie-Free Diet Cepsi (which constitutes the entirety of his lunch). "I know none of you really care, so why don't you just let me be alone."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

OOC: *Goes to figure out what the name of his character is then comes back*

Alveen strolled through the square, taking a final bite from his sandwhich before strumming a few cords on his guitar "WELL! LADDY-DOO! MY SLIGHTLY SELF-SADISTIC FRIEND!" he says jollfully (if thats even a word) to the angry looking dark-haired man, before spinning around playing a few more songs. He dances from one foot to the other and smiles "We aren't following you! We just happen to be behind you!" he looks around and then leans in, a serious look on his face "But the question is, my jolly ally of good and duckiness, who are we?" he whispers in a hushed, conspirical voice, before glancing around to make sure nobody is following him aswell.
    Then suddenly the strange bard breaks into a grin and does a quick jig, playing a tune on his guitar before dancing off towards the other side of the square without waiting for a reply.

4. - Top - End - #4

((OOC: What race is the bard? Dwarf or somethin?))

"The word is masochistic, not self-sadistic," mumbles Ruby, clearly annoyed. "And what's with the weird jig? Talk about running a perfectly gloomy mood..."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

OOC: Human XD

Alveen seems to bend over backwards, looking at Ruby in a nearly crab-like pose as he plays the guitar, his shoulder-length hair brushing the ground as gravity takes hold "WELL! MY macho-y machosist furrendo...GLOOMY MOODS ARE THE WORST!" he does a sort of backflip, playing his guitar the whole time. The backflips end next to Ruby "AND!" he suddenly becomes very somber, quietly playing the tune for gospel music on his guitar "...The great and holy Squeakers hath once said 'Thou must be happy, if thy soul shall be fullfilled by the bubblebath of life, or else thy ducky shall no longer squeak..."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

(ooc: sorry, I haven't been conscious for a while, how much gold do we get a 4th? also, DWARVES!)

"OTAPOT IS THE GOD OF ALL!" shouts a nervous looking dwarf, "And he once said "remember the potato, for it shall be the only thing left in a moist and slightly damp world" so is the grace of otapot. I am Warf, by the grace of Otapot, Warf Goldenbeard, ...by the grace of Otapot!"
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

7. - Top - End - #7

Finishing off his Cepsi, Ruby squints at the dwarf with confusion, though it's nearly impossible to tell due to the length of the hair over his eyes. Otapot certainly isn't the god of my line of work. Dumb potatoes. I'd rather have Soweyn's weapon and powers any day. Besides, carbs are bad for me.

None of this is said out loud, of course, since Ruby has already done more than enough talking for the time being. He takes out his long but extraordinarily slender dagger and stabs the empty soda can with it. This soda can is like my heart, empty and unloved but pierced with Soweyn's grace. Except, I just have a mundane dagger, so for the soda can that part is rather metaphorical.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Hello Down there I am Dissembodied Voice 1863 Just back from Frog Star world B. I am glad you are all getting along so greatly But fate has chosen you all for a distinct purpose and that purpose is YOUR RENT IS DUE!!!!! thank you this message will explode in 5 4 NOW BOOM! roll for reflex if you want.

um gold yea um 5,400 and one potato
    "Those who have packed far up into grizzly country know that the presence of even one grizzly on the land elevates the mountains, deepens the canyons, chills the winds, brightens the stars, darkens the forest, and quickens the pulse of all who enter it. They know that when a bear dies, something sacred in every living thing interconnected with that realm... also dies."

9. - Top - End - #9

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex save of (1d20+4)[12]

"Hmph. I don't owe anyone rent."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh! Hold onthis is 1 Dungheap lane. Isn't, it?

11. - Top - End - #11

"No, this is the rectangular center of town with the misnomer of Town Square."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Alveen lets out a manly yet girlish scream and ducks underneath a bench "THE ENEMYS OF ALL THAT IS DUCKY HAS COME TO DESTROY US!"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

so, zaphod beeblkebrox is not here or is that black adder sorry the dm is a terribly confusing person and gave me all these tasks I cant remember who to tell what to as the voice sobs you have no idea how hrd it is I have a wife and six kids you know

14. - Top - End - #14

"Share in the pain of life," Ruby mutters. "At least you have a family. I am an orphan, as any stereotypical, angry, emo character should be!"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

OOC: Mr.DM...can I suggest quotation marks? ""

Alveen begins to play a song on his guitar "Cheer up me anonymous friend! For the great Mr.Squeakers watches over you and your family, keeping them from coming to harm!"

16. - Top - End - #16

"Mr. Squearkers?! And my name's Ruby, you dork, not like it matters." A metaphorical raincloud appears over his head.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Alveen looks over at Ruby "I was speaking to our friend in the sky, mr.Masochist!"

18. - Top - End - #18

Ruby starts to sob, kicks his Cepsi can aside, and leaves the rectangular town square.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

As this bickering continues and the unnamed but not unnumbered voice dissapers yelling something about how he should put everyone in the total reality perception box for all the trouble. You here a loud roaring voice. A man who looks like he should be in a barbarshop quartet is standing there yelling. " Atttention Ladies and Gentelmen! May I have your attention Please! Are there any here fool, er Brave enough to step foot inside the horrible dungeon of the mad wizard at the carnival? The Wizard has lost his most prized possesion and would like you to retrieve it. You keep the gold and treasure you find all he asks is for the return of his most prized possesion! Are any of you up for the challenge?!"

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Alveen perks up, hearing the man yell. He then rushes over to Ruby "Dont leave, friend! I have an idea!" he chooses his words carefully "Let us...darken...our spirits by entering that mad wizard's dungeon! MAY DEATH BE INSIDE!"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

"Come now any takers?" "You can't All be cowards!" "It's just a little death and dissmemberment." "Come any one One Copper and the battle is yours to begin."

22. - Top - End - #22

Stopping thanks to Alveen's yelling, Ruby looks down at his shoes. "Fine, if you insist." He sighs dramatically but trudges over to the entrance of the carnival dungeon.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

The man In the strange outfit Points his walking cane at you three and says "Ah, we have three contestants a dwarf, a human with a splendid voice, and well this sad person here." "Please see the man in front of the entrance and face your doom er, adventure."

You walk past and sitting in a booth that looks like a miniture tower sits a man as you aproach he asks "Name and occupation please."

24. - Top - End - #24

"Ruby Alei’ev’lli. Dark elf necromancer in touch with his inner demon of melancholy."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

"Magic user Necromancy,... NEXT!"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"I AM WARF, CLERIC of Otapot! Do you have nachos?"
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

"Ok Cleric..NEXT!" "Nachos can be purchased at the supply shop along with anything else they have for sail there"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Barbarian in the Playground

A young woman with cat-ears comes walking down the street. "Am I even in this game?" she asks curiously.

"Coz' if I am I think the weakest one of you should gimme their f***ing nachos already." She approaches the cleric, pulling the red sleeve of her cloak up to reveal a fine hand with delicate, slightly long nails. "Or you can be my pillow for bodyheat tonight."

"Does anyone know a Klondike bar?" Voiree Misallo says.
    "I could use some drinks now. Maybe we can swap character sheets while we're at it and I can write mine up. Somebody stole it yesterday... I'm a bit confused about my identity right now but if you buy me some icecreams I'll let you all help me out =^_^=."

"Gomen Nasai. Please forgive my rudeness in threatening you all and giving directions & asking for friendship implicitly at the same time. It's an old habit of mine." the mithra bows to the gentle PC's present. "Enough about me." she stares at them all curiously.

<I hope we get to murder some NPC's together soon> she thinks.

VM smiles at the strangers with her puffy red chin, maroon-reddish brown hair and red eyes. She's small, just 11 years old, but on her first sheet she had written 5 after joining up with the Red Mage Academy after being raised by barnyard cats.
    Last edited by Moechi_Vill; 2007-10-11 at 04:45 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

As you ramble on the man behind the counter who has been quite is now shouting [SIZE="6"]"NAME AND OCUPATION PLEASE!!!!![/SIZE]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

"Traveling ROCKSTAR!" Alveen states for his profession with a smirk as he plays a song called 'Smoke on the Two parts Hydrogen one part Oxygen'.
    After this he walks into the dungeon behind Otapot, playing random songs on his guitar as he goes.