New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

KELZIR

Spoiler
    Show

Have you ever known a drow to be anything BUT lethal?
    However, I'm currently unarmed ... so I'm not sure how that plays out. You're going to have to make that call. The rules are still unfamiliar to me.
    If it's really up to me .. the jerk's gonna die.

DAMAGE ROLL: (1d3+1)[2](3)

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

(lethal it is..check the ooc thread in case.)

Round1
    Kelzir: 21 -done
    Jessamyn: 20 +
    Pirate 4: 20
    pirate 3: 19
    Fistar: 18
    Zarraema: 16
    Etsia: 8
    Pirate 2: 7
    Pirate 1: 5
    Pirate 5: 5

Jessamyn is up.
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-10 at 07:44 PM.

Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

3. - Top - End - #273

Jessamyn

The paladin shouted, "Behind me!" at Etsia as she brought the greatsword to bear and stabbed it down at the pirate who had stabbed the wild elf. She intended to take both pirates on while sheltering the smaller woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on Pirate 3: (1d20+4)[7](11)
    Damage (if applicable): (1d10+3)[9](12) --I think that's right, +3 strength bonus...

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

The filthy bandana pirate (4) pauses and isn't sure what it is he is supposed to do, noticing that the female who was sleeping a second ago, is not standing on her bed swinging a sword almost as tall as he is. He looks from he filthy friend back to the door, then takes a step back..
    *Holding Action*

The Third pirate took a heavy swing at the elf and slammed the club into her shoulder with a solid hit, not breaking anything, and seeing the elf stil;l using the arm to scramble behind Jessamyn, the pirate took a step forward, not noticing the paladin swinging at him. He got his cutlass up in time to block the tip of the greatsword to cut a deep gash into his face. The fear laden grimace made the pirate stagger back and backpedal to stand at his friend's side, reevaluating their current plan of attack.
    *Holding Action.*

Round1
    Kelzir: 21 -done
    Jessamyn: 20 -done
    Pirate 4: 20 -done
    pirate 3: 19 -done

The Bartender washes a mug with a dirty rag and looks up to the sailor. Then the tender looks to Fistar and shrugs.
    "Aye, we got a few up there, single rooms near your ro-"

"THIEF!" Fistar hears the paladin's voice scream from the far end of the hallway.

The bartender looks over to the door and sees his half orc bouncer carrying a drunken merchant out of the front doors. The half orc turns and looks to the stairs, then back to the tender confused.('uh, should I do this..or handle that?')

OOC: ((Fistar, it'll take you one round to get through the taproom and to the top of the stairs...if you decide to.))
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-10 at 11:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275

Fistar

The roar of "THIEF" reverbrated from above, Fistar glanced around quickly to make sure no one was pointing at him. With a sigh of relief he glanced at the woman and stepped away towards the stair case, "Sorry Love, but that sounded like a friend of mine. " grins slyly, "Maybe we can meet up a bit later." He then bounded up the stairs, arming himself with is dagger and rapier. He reached the top of the stairway and looked down the hallway to see the afore mentioned sneaking sailor standing look out.
    He slide his body to the wall of the hallway in an attempt to have a small profile and hopefully hide in the shadows. He then glanced back to the stairs to see if anyone was following as well.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide - (1d20+4)[9](13)

((seems like I did a lot of action here... I know you said one round, up to you, if you think it should be more with the actions I've taken.))

Last edited by Tsol; 2007-09-11 at 10:10 AM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fistar: it's fine. good work.

Zarraema's turn.
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-12 at 04:56 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277

Zarraema:

Stunned into a moment of inaction at the sudden intrusion, she almost let the sweaty, half-rotting brute get too close. Her state of undress never crossed her mind as she silently thanked Eilistraee for being with her, giving her the wherewithal to duck her head and shoulders under the dirty club. Reversing her momentum in a blink, she stood back up, attempting to place her elbow in his solar plexus, fully intent upon killing her attacker.

Spoiler
    Show

(Using this, until you tell me otherwise, Boss)
    Elbow to Pirate 1 Solar Plexus:
    (1d20+2)[7](9)

Damage if it lands:
    (1d3+2)[1](3)
    Last edited by Zarrae; 2007-09-12 at 06:35 PM.

Original Artwork by: -Mo-

8. - Top - End - #278

Etsia

Etsia squeaked as the club slammed into her shoulder, making her take several steps with the momentum, just to keep her footing and not fall down. She moved to stand behind the tall woman as instructed, and did her best to ignore the pain, concentrating on the spell to make the pain lessen. She held the spear with the hand of the injured arm, making a small gesture with the other, breathing the words of the healing spell out in an exhale. She touched the injured shoulder and sighed in relief as the healing energy lessened the pain a little.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Cure Minor Wounds on herself, +1 hit point. Due to the lack of RPG Web Profiler, noting down here that she has 8 maximum hit points, got hit for 4 hp, now recovered 1. Present hp: 5 hp.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

The cap'n(1) who had Kelzir's leg but was made to let go, and the other one chasing Zaraema(2) both turned as a whistle is heard in the hallway. Without warning they both ran out of the room into the hallway, disengaging.

"Blast it...next time Dirt elves." was all that was said.

((the dark elf room is empty..the girl's room still has pirates.))

Fistar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see one of the pirates seem to turn and look , not at you, but down your direction at your end of the hallway. He whistles and two most pirates sporting weapons come running from the room. the three move about 2 doors away from the dark elves room and head off into another room's doorway on the right side of the hall.(H8) Before entering the room, the last one throws a small bag which lands no more than 5 feet from your hidden location.(f12)

Round 2

Kelzir: 21
    Jessamyn: 20
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-13 at 02:23 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280

KELZIR
    (still have the map, safe and sound at my neck, I told you ain't no pirate steeling my booty.)

Kelzir rolled off the end of bed, following the momentum created by his kick. The two within the room fled, a shrill whistle being heard. Obviously the scalawag that had tried to grab him felt that perhaps physical contact with an irritated drow, even one that is a slave, might not be prudent.

He spun as to look out of the doorway, noticing the large woman with the sword bearing down on her foe. Both of them seemed to be backpedaling, desperately trying to get out of range of her weapon. The small one was concealing herself quite well behind the sword swinging siren of slashing. As the two filthy scum, he released a spell he'd been holding in reserve to give the large woman a chance to capture one of their attackers.

Spoiler
    Show

Spell roll to determine "difficulty" resisting Daze: (1d20+1)[11](12)

11. - Top - End - #281

Jessamyn

The paladin held her position on the bed, blade extended in such a way as to menace both pirates. She heard the whistle and the scuttle of running steps from outside but did not look away from her opponents; she could only hope the drow were still well, and that angered her.

Rather than attack, she glared at the two pirates that stood indecisively before her.

"Breaking-in and assault. You are already caught; lay down your weapons before you add more crimes to the list and you will be dealt with fairly."

Her voice was firm and deadly serious.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if that would be a Bluff roll (though it's not a bluff as far as she's concerned) or Charisma or something, so...I'll just let it stand without a roll.

Jess is holding the rest of her action to parry. I can do that now... I think a parry roll is like a normal attack roll? If not, um...will reroll when I know what it is.

(1d20+4)[6](10)

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

The fourth pirate turns to the door spotting his captain and one other leave the dark elven room, then quickly looks back to you and takes a 5 foot step toward the door. He spits at you and then turns and runs down the hallway.
    (runs to G6)

The third Pirate sees this and attempts to run past Jessamyn's reach and get to the doorway as well.

Jessamyn:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get an attack of Opportunity, hereafter called an AoO. You get "One Free internets Attack." Roll and type out the attack, he is going right in front of you as he runs by.

And the roll, for your shouting statements..is INTIMIDATION.
    And yes you can go "total Defense" and get a +4 to Dodge for the next round or until you're done being "total defense.

Fistar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you see the random thug/pirate toss a bag at you, it slumps to the floor, and nothing more happens. You notice the door open again andas the dor opens, another thug comes running out of YOUR room! You can hear jessamyn shouting something , coming from the room and the sounds of a struggle. The escaping thug/pirate is running towards the now open door.

Round 2

Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-19 at 02:04 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

Jessamyn

The paladin's green eyes narrowed slightly and she stepped forward on the bed, planting her bare feet for stability on the softish surface. With a slight motion of hands and wrists, she adjusted her grip on the greatsword to present the flat of the blade, then swung it hard at the pirate trying to pass by. As her blade had been interposed between the position of the two pirates, it did not take much motion to do so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity -- Subdual -- Pirate 3: (1d20+4)[10](14)

Damage (if applicable): (1d10+3)[7](10)

And good to know that's all Intimidation, thanks.

14. - Top - End - #284

Fistar

Fistar grimaced as he watched the thugs leave his room, he had vision of destroyed furniture and damaged done to the rooms and wondered how much the inn owner will charge for damages. These visions then turned to that of silver coins slowly flying away and out of his reach.
    Fistar sheathed his rapier, he drew out a dart and threw it at the last thug leaving HIS room after throwing the dart he stepped back away from the bag and drew out his rapier again.

Spoiler
    Show

[rollv=Attack]1d20+2[rollv]

[rollv=Damage]1d4[rollv]

((not sure where the bag is but I want to be at least one square seperating myself and the bag.))

Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

15. - Top - End - #285

Fistar

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (1d20+2)[8](10)

Damage - (1d4)[3](3)

((Bah for forgetting the slashes.. anyways place Fistar at F12.))

Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

The third pirate thought of nothing but escape, with the flat of her blade, Jessamyn smashed his nose sideways across his cheek. as his feet kept running, but his head and body staying behind the smached node and flattened blade, the pirate fell to the floor, onto his back, screaming as he held his face. (prone)

The fourth pirate came around the cornerEscaping the room, and saw Fistar, but didn't see the dart until it was too late, the dart his it's target, but caught the billowy shirt under te pirate's punping arm and bit no flesh. The pirate's wide eyes calmed as he felt nothing harm him, he continued to try to get to his ally holding the door open for his dart pierced friend.

Round 2

Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-19 at 07:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

Zarraema:

Irritated at missing her mark, the drowish priestess shook the attack off and strode over to her things. As she grasped for her bastardsword, she glanced over her shoulder to ensure Kelzir's safety and breathed a silent prayer to the Goddess that he seemed unharmed.

Without another blink of hesitation, she drew her blade and moved toward their companions' room - stark naked; black skin shimmering in the moonlight, when it touched her. Could it have been our fault that the brutes attacked? They wanted something...

Spoiler
    Show

((If that's too much action, let me know. Since Kelzir's spell failed, there's really nothing left to do but go check on the others. Hehe.))

Original Artwork by: -Mo-

18. - Top - End - #288

Etsia:

Etsia didn't waste time as she saw the pirate fall. She hopped down from her safe spot behind the tall woman's back and grabbed her spear better. Apparently the tall woman didn't want to kill the man, so the druid also used the spear more like a staff instead of a piercing weapon, attempting to whack the man straight between his legs with the blunt end. "Teaches you to hurt little women," she hissed.

Spoiler
    Show

Attacking pirate 3, who is on the ground. Yes, in the nuts. Subdual, extremely painful damage if hit. ...what? He hit her first! For half her health! She's angry! (Adding +4 to attack and damage because the pirate is 'prone' and Jegg told me to! +1 is her normal strength bonus.)

Attack - (1d20+5)[6]

Damage if applicable:
    Damage - (1d6+5)[9]

19. - Top - End - #289

Spoiler
    Show

...and I roll 1. There is a god of pirates, and he doesn't want the man's nuts mashed. So... rolling again to determine if I fumbled and like... speared myself in the eye or something. *headdesks*

Attack - (1d20+6)[13]

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

You swing out at the prone pirate holding his mashed face and the tip of your spear and go to swing toward the man. with the hustle of jumping behind the defending paladin and the rumping tof the bed, the spear got tangled within the sheets of the bed, making your shot miss horribly. yanking the spear free the tip of the spear comes awfully close to your own leg, but you right it in time, hurting no one....including yourself.
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-21 at 06:23 PM.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pirate 2: movement
    Porate 1: Movement

Pirate 5: Holding the door he turns and looks to Fistar, spotting the man who he heard coming up the stairs earlier. Hissing at the elf through black and rotted teeth, the pirate digs into his belt and spins his body around the door, facing you fully, his arm trailing last, using the momentum to whip a dagger towards Fistar.
    [spoiler]dagger - (1d20+2)[15]
    dmg - (1d4)[1]
    crit if needed - (1d20+2)[11]
    dmg - (1d4)[4]

Round 3**NEW ROUND**

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

23. - Top - End - #293

KELZIR
    (I still gotta map at me neck, pirate ain't stolen me booty)

Kelzir quickly drew his dagger and rapier from the items he'd left near the bed as he'd removed his attire for his Mistress. With graceful steps, he followed her, keeping his body interposed between Zarraema and the direction those ruffians had beat a hasty retreat in. Should any of the varlets choose to attack from range, he would be sure to be standing between his Mistress and danger.

As naked as the woman he used his body to shield, the only difference in attire was the glimmering collar against the inky black skin at his neck. The mark of his station, wasn't some hideous iron clamp. The workmanship of it was carefully done and subtle, made to be hidden to a casual observer. Etchings of dancing figures could be seen on the carefully hinged pieces. On the central lock, where normally the hideous symbol of a drow house would be, there was an image of a woman dancing in front of the moon while bearing a sword.

Entirely unconcerned for his state of undress before the other two women, his lithe and toned form catching what moonlight struck it. He stood with his knees slightly bent and on his toes, ready to move in an instant. His impressive, for a male drow, five foot height bearing the cruel looking weapons of the Underdark. The man on the floor seemed to be immobile, but there were still others in the hallway dividing his attention to ensure a renewed assault from behind didn't occur.

24. - Top - End - #294

Jessamyn

The paladin wavered. She wanted to pursue the pirate who had fled -- and those who had assaulted her companions and also fled -- but there was the man she had laid out, still groaning on the floor. Stepping down carefully from the bed, she placed the edge of her greatsword against his neck.

"Surrender now and repent of your villainous life, or force me to drag you before the justice of the city... Your choice, sir. I suggest you make it swiftly."

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Kelzir and Jessamyn= you two just doing free actions this round, not any movements or attacks?

Just asking before I have the pirates move/act.

26. - Top - End - #296

((Free action yes, holding to parry if Pirate 3 tries anything, of course. If possible. Though if Pirate 3 surrenders and she can still move, she'll do so. ....just no running off before he's given up properly. *shakes fist*))

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Pirate 4: The pirate sneers and runs past his friend into the open door. Escaping and dissapearing into the room.

Pirate 3 Rolls around on the floor, the blood stain on the front of his shirt still slowly growing. " Do yer werst wench. by brotha will ged me. Den de'll ged you." His speech is almost humorous sounding from the broken nose and the blood trickling down his throat. His hand slowly reaches for his belt.

Round 3**NEW ROUND**

Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-25 at 02:35 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Fistar

Fistar watched his dart pass thru the shirt of the pirate just barely missing him, and then he deftly dodge the dagger that was thrown at him.

"Is that the best that you can do ?" he taunted the man. "My sister can throw better than that."

With a burst of speed and dodging the bag that was on the ground, the wood elf charged the man,attempting to slam the door with his shoulder, hoping to catch him with the door itself to send him flying.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure what to roll for bashing the door.. hmm I'm just going to use my strength modifier.

(1d20+2)[10](12)

Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

29. - Top - End - #299

Jessamyn

"No, you will not receive my worst. You will receive what you deserve. Add to your crimes and you shall only add to your punishment."

The paladin kept her blade close to the man's face, the threat obvious. Never glancing away, she said, "Etsia? If you would disarm the recalcitrant man, so that we might avoid further complications. I would like to aid our companions as soon as possible."

30. - Top - End - #300

Etsia

Etsia nodded and leaned down to disarm the pirate, throwing the dagger from his belt onto the bed. Then she poked him with her spear to the side. "Turn."

While the pirate rolled to his stomach, she unwrapped a leather strap from her wrist that she used as a bracer and then hopped to sit on top of the pirate to bind his hands together with it. Then she set the spearhead against the back of the pirate's neck and growled. "Don't move." She poked him with the spear, just enough to draw blood as a warning.