New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

Fistar slammed hard intothe door. shoulder lowered and jammed the door forward. The pirate barely saw the rogue's intention and dove into the room, trying to get away from the door. He was a bit late. The door's edge and handl slammed into his hip as he flew by, the ankle of the closest leg cracked with a sickening sound as the force of Fistar's shoulder slammed the door closed.

A scream and yell inside was followed quickly by the sound of a wooden beam sliding across the door's inside. Fistar's charging slam came to a stumbling stop at G6.

Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

2. - Top - End - #302
    Halfling in the Playground

Fistar

"Bah.. you dimwits trapped yourself in your own room. " Fistar shooked his head in disgust. Keeping an eye on the door to the room, where the thugs had disappeared into, he then called out behind him, "Are you guys OK?"
    Last edited by Tsol; 2007-09-27 at 03:20 PM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

3. - Top - End - #303
    Dwarf in the Playground

The sound of screeching is heard loudly through the window as the hawk hovers just outside the sill and looking down to the alley below.
    Shadowy images of three beings climbing down a drainpipe and one limping away as fast as possible can barely be seen.

((*Combat over*))
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-09-27 at 03:41 PM.

4. - Top - End - #304

Etsia

Etsia blinked and looked toward the window at the hawk-shriek. She wavered between going to check what it was and keeping the pirate still.

"Jessamee-een!" Her voice was almost as high-pitched as the hawk's. "The hawk says there's danger outside, look what it is!"

5. - Top - End - #305

Jessamyn

The paladin stopped in midstride, looking from the door to Etsia to the window beyond. A tic appeared under one eye at the thought of more trouble, then with a sharp nod to the tiny elf she turned and strode by to peek cautiously out the window.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot check! (1d20+3)[12](15)

6. - Top - End - #306
    Dwarf in the Playground

You spot the remainder of the pirate thugs escaping, down the alleyway, the rear one limping on a near broken ankle.

7. - Top - End - #307

Jessamyn

The paladin scowled and turned away, striding toward the hall and the commotion she knew was ongoing out there. On the way she gave Etsia a nod of appreciation for her spotting.

Sticking her head out into the hall, the paladin called to her companions and whatever gawkers might have joined, "The miscreants have escaped, I saw them fleeing down the alley. But we captured one."

She nodded back into her room.
    Last edited by bluenihil; 2007-09-28 at 11:59 AM.

8. - Top - End - #308

Fistar
    "Ahh it is a good thing that they ran, " He smiled at the paladin as he walked towards the room, "I wouild have beaten them to a pulp." he grinned, "I'm sure they took one look at me and decided that it wasn't worth my wrath."

Fistar's eyes widen briefly at the two naked dark elves, "I would put on some clothes on before we have some company from downstairs come up," he took a closer look at the female dark elf, "Mind you.... " his voice trails off as he finally noticed the trussed up pirate on the ground, "Oh my, I see you have captured one of them. The poor bastard looks like he's had his faced beat in, " he chuckled and then commenced to go thru his pockets, "Just making sure he doesn't have any hidden surprises. " He grinned.

Spoiler
    Show

Palming coins if he can.

sleight of hand - (1d20+7)[9](16)

Last edited by Tsol; 2007-09-28 at 06:40 PM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

9. - Top - End - #309

Zarraema:

Dark lips pursed themselves together in irritation, "All is well, here. I'm unaware of anything that was removed and neither Kelzir nor myself are injured."

She slid the sword back into its baldric and shrugged on her cloak. She lowered her voice and spoke to Kelzir in Under-Common, "You are alright, Kelzir?"

With the cloak wrapped around her, she peered back out of her doorway and reverted to common speech, "Are all of you uninjured?"
    Last edited by Zarrae; 2007-09-29 at 10:09 AM.

Original Artwork by: -Mo-

10. - Top - End - #310

KELZIR
    (I still got da maaa-aaaap)

He watched all the events unfold, the interlopers had been run off. Their companion still bemoaning and cursing his fate on the floor. The look he saw from the rogue caused him to narrow his eyes slightly as he flipped the dagger in his hand, the rapier tip still toward the floor.

He turned slightly, to bow at Zarraema's query. "Yes, Mistress, all is well. But I still see too much blood from the small one there." He pointed, raising a finger off the hilt of the dagger to indicate Etsia.
    Last edited by Edonil; 2007-09-29 at 10:15 AM.

11. - Top - End - #311

Etsia

"Hit me in the shoulder." Etsia muttered and poked the pirate with her spear for good measure, still sitting on him, her shoulder and arm showing indeed considerable amount of bruising, dark against the tanned skin. "But then Jessameen smashed his face!" Her declaration was joyful, and delivered with an approving grin at the tall woman.

12. - Top - End - #312

Jessamyn

The paladin showed no similar enthusiasm for her attack, but nodded sternly to the little wild elf in acknowledgment of it.

She cast a glance to the two dark elves, eyes widening just a bit at their state of address, then looked away quickly. Nothing to blush over, but it would be impolite to stare.

"I am uncertain of the security of this place now, as they likely have allies nearby. And this one--" She indicated the captured pirate. "--will need to be taken before the local law."

13. - Top - End - #313

Etsia

Etsia nodded enthusiastically. "Then their Chief can smash his face, too."

She stood up, wincing a little at the pain in the shoulder now that the adrenaline was beginning to wear off. She climbed back to the big bed and sat down in the middle of the nesting blankets, whispering the spell to heal the bruises, running her fingers lightly over the hurt area.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Cure Light Wounds on herself, rolling for healed point amount.
    Cure Light Wounds - (1d8+1)[5]

14. - Top - End - #314

Zarraema:

Still carrying her sheathed bastard sword, and with her cloak ... mostly covering her lack of clothing, Zarraema strode toward Etsia with a faint frown. Laying her baldric and sword down on the bed, she reached out and then stopped dead, giving the Druidess a steady, violet-eyed look, "Would you permit my assistance, little one?"

15. - Top - End - #315

Etsia:

Etsia blinked up and then grinned and shook her head. Then she shook her arm, moving it to show it was working again, the bruise vanished under the druid's healing spell. "No need. It's fine again."

She hopped down from the bed and then looked the cloaked naked drow over, from toes to tips of her ears. "If I get mashed again today, I'll need help though. All out of healing spells for tonight. So you're a healer of some sort?"

16. - Top - End - #316

Zarraema:

Tall for a Drow, with the black skin tone that typified her people, she endured the examination without modesty. Something behind her violet eyes spoke of more than the cold, cruelty of the Underdark.

"...a priestess, Little One, saved from the depths by a ..friend and given a purpose by Eilistraee."

17. - Top - End - #317

KELZIR
    (still gotz da maa-aap)

He started to relax slightly, the immediate danger now passed. Still unconcerned and completely immodest for his lack of attire, he was thoughtful. He looked down at the large woman's captive, his mind turning. There were several things that would be good knowing.

1. How had they known of the map, unless it was meant for them? It's possible Fistar's mouth had been the trouble, speaking around the matter. But that was doubtful. Which meant something else, that one of those in the Temple of Torm had given them away.

2. How had they known that his Mistress had been in possession of it? The ones who had invaded their room had clearly known, apparently. While Fistar kept asking his Mistress about it, still it was dubious that was the cause. This brought him back to the Temple itself. And the possibility that there was somebody there who had given it away.

3. What was it going to lead them to? Pirates, those were the culprits. But that didn't mean anything at all. They could have been hired by others. Again, this would point to a culprit in the Temple while they had been there.

They'd stepped foot into something much larger than just trying to survive in a new and hostile land. There were things at work here much larger than any they had imagined. The ones in the common room had mentioned factions, he wondered if they had chosen the correct side.

He looked over to his Mistress, his deep but quiet voice interrupting other conversations. "Mistress, with your leave. But there may be a few things we should discuss with our companions. Since it seems we're going to have daggers flung at our backs now."
    Last edited by Edonil; 2007-09-30 at 02:03 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318

Etsia

Recognizing the name of Eilistraee as one of the good gods and making the link between the stories of the surface-drow who tried to be good and the name of the goddess, the druid nodded in approval. She reached to pat Zarraema's arm.

"Good. But my name is Etsia. Not 'Little One'." She turned to look at Kelzir. "What things?"

19. - Top - End - #319
    Dwarf in the Playground

The sounds of many footsteps echoed down the hall into your rooms. Three large humans and the bartender, all weilding weapons stormed up tot he endo fo the hall. The three large humans smashed into the pirate's room and searched it. The bartender came up to tyou all and was momentarily taken aback at the semi naked dark elves.

"I came as soon as I heard the commotion. I sent for the Watch. They should be here soon. is everyone allright?"

The tender waved his slightly rusty mace around, looking in the nooks and crannies of the rooms.

20. - Top - End - #320

Fistar

Fistar grins at the bartender, "I scared them off, I did, into that room your bruiser's are bashing in, " he chuckled. "Is there a reward for capturing this guy? " he asked as he gave a swift kick to the side of the pirate, and grumbles under his breath of the lack of gold on him.

The wood elf then smiled as another thought crossed his mind, "By the way, is that cute half elf downstairs still around. It was quite rude for me to run off like that. It reminds of the time when... " Fistar continued talking about a woman he met at another bar, and how he eventually got her to his bed, to find out that it was a man... "... you wouldn't believe how shocking that was to poor little me... " he sighed.

Spoiler
    Show

kick damage non-lethal
    damage - (1d3+2)[3](5)

Last edited by Tsol; 2007-10-01 at 06:06 PM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

21. - Top - End - #321

KELZIR
    (( My map! Mine! Mine! All mine!))

Kelzir stood silently, the appearance of the keeper and his goons, oh so convenient now that the altercation was over. He frowned to himself, keeping his opinions quiet. Once again the blithering of Fistar was overrunning himself. Kelzir sighed softly.

At the question to the small elf, he merely mouthed the word "later" and turned a dagger point to indicate the men in the room.

22. - Top - End - #322

Zarraema:

The priestess gave the little Druidess a faint smile at the pat - one of the first times anyone had touched her kindly, aside from her former slave. "Etsia."

At the advent of the armed 'guards' from downstairs, she simply rose and flipped the edge of her cloak over one shoulder, uncarring for her lack of attire or the Wood Elf's blabbering, "All are currently unharmed. Your Watch - will they take the prisoner? Will we have a moment to speak with him?"

23. - Top - End - #323

Jessamyn

The paladin frowned at Fistar's behavior -- the babbling subject-matter, the claims, the kick to the bound and helpless man -- and so she moved to place herself between the rogue and the pirate without any particular pretense at subtlety. Greatsword balanced across one shoulder, and taking care not to whack anyone accidentally with it, she looked to the bartender and his enforcers and nodded.

"Yes, we seem to be recovered, though this one did assault a member of our company. I will give a report on what I witnessed to the Watch when they come. I apologize, I believe this man is bleeding on your floor."
    Last edited by bluenihil; 2007-10-01 at 07:08 PM.

24. - Top - End - #324

Etsia

Etsia nodded at the male dark elf, then turned to look at the other men in the room, trying her best to drown out the chittery sounds the wood elf was making.

"He hit me with a club." She nodded and pointed at the tied-up pirate. "But I healed myself already." She nodded again, obviously deciding that the case was closed with that.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Dwarf in the Playground

The bartender looked your group over, making sure he didn't need to call for any clerics. happy that noone lost their life in his Inn...tonight, he sighed and lowered his weapon.

"Aye lass, the Watch will come and confiscate him, but..if'n you and yer people want to hold him until they arrive, I can close yer door...and leave two guards outside the door, until they arrive." The bartender smiled evilly to the paladin and then to the dark elves.

Either way he motions his armed helpers out of the room and into the hall, where they wait for the bartender.

"Your choice, ladies and sirs. And uh, don't be worryin about the blood. I can send Gerte up here ta clean it up. as long as it doesn't bother you, the mess won't bother me. i'm just glad none of ye were hurt is all."
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-10-02 at 01:07 AM.

26. - Top - End - #326

Zarraema:

Still clad in nothing but her traveling cloak (which she'd shrugged behind her shoulders), the Drowish priestess waited for the strangers to leave before making a move. Reflexively, she returned the Innkeeper's wicked grin with what she hoped appeared equally as vicious.

Once the strangers had gone, she strode in front of the prisoner and looked down at him with a dead-blank expression - legs apart, slightly, hands folded behind her back, and attempting as commanding a pose as possible. Her bastard sword remained sheathed and the baldric she grasped, horizontally behind her back, so that the tip and hilt were visible on either side of her.

Without intending for so much as one iota of emotion to leak into her voice, stance, or expression, she addressed the captive pirate, "Why was your party in our rooms? What were you looking for?"

Spoiler
    Show

((Not sure what to roll here, so... going for intimidate <winces>
    (1d20)[1](1)
    If I'm wrong, Jeggy, let me know.))

EDIT: Oh.. EM... GEEEE! Zarraema is about as intimidating as a rolley polley!
    Last edited by Zarrae; 2007-10-02 at 04:47 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327

KELZIR
    (( **hordes his map, petting it** My preeesciouuuus. ))

Kelzir slid around the man, so he was behind him. He leaned the hilt of his rapier against his leg for a moment, making quick gestures to his Mistress. Without a word, he wrapped his hand around the hilt once more. Just waiting for the man to do something stupid.

28. - Top - End - #328

Fistar

The wood elf backed up a bit from the the paladin, giving her a wry lopsided grin. He listened to the exchange from the guard and inn keeper and nodded in understanding.

He chuckled slightly at the drows attempt at questioning the would be attacker.

"I've heard that you drows were good at gathering information in nefarious ways, but I've never knew it was so simple as just asking nicely, " he grinned. "You know, I think a little more persuasion is probably needed, in this situation. "

He deftly stepped around Jessamyn and bringing out his dagger the wood elf knelt down and viciously grabbed the pirate's hair pulling his head back he placed the dagger against his throat and gleefully said, "Answer the drow, scumbag, or I'll open another mouth for you, " he smiled happily at the pirate.

Spoiler
    Show

initmidate - (1d20+1)[16](17)

Last edited by Tsol; 2007-10-03 at 12:58 PM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

29. - Top - End - #329

Etsia

"You're doing it all wrong. First you ask a question and say 'or else'. Then when they don't, then you do the else-bit. Not start with the else before they've said 'not gonna tell you'."

The druid shook her head. The tribe sometimes caught intruders. Usually they didn't bother asking questions, though. Why would they be interested in why there were strangers in their territory, anyway? Intruders came, intruders died. Just like robbers barged in and robbers had their faces smashed in.

30. - Top - End - #330

Fistar

Fistar looked at the wild elf, "What's the fun in that, what if he answered right away, I wouldn't get the chance to threaten him then, this way he knows right away, " he giggles to himself.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good