New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

Etsia

Etsia snarled under her breath at the sight of the lizardmen. The prey was too close to the predator, using fire would be unwise. Instead she began whispering a spell under her breath, her green eyes scouting for a suitable spot. She crouched a little, the fingers of the left hand clenching around the symbol of Rillifane Rallathil that she wore as a pendant. The words turned into a low growl in the end as she finished the summon with a commanding gesture toward the three lizardmen attacking the women in the wagon.

A gray wolf appeared out of nothing next to the lizardmen. With a growl echoing Etsia's, it lunged to attack the nearest lizardman.

Spoiler
    Show

Summoned Wolf:
    Bite - (1d20+3)[23]

If applicable:
    Damage - (1d6+1)[2]

If the bite hits, attempts to Trip:
    Trip - (1d20+1)[5]

And to see if the wolf crits:
    [roll=Bite]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by Bunny~; 2007-11-02 at 12:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #452

Spoiler
    Show

Right, this happens when I -don't- copy-paste the roll code. ...or maybe it's the editing... the original rolls stayed the same at least, I don't dare to touch it anymore, so rolling the possible Summoned Wolf crit here in a separate post.

Bite - (1d20+3)[9]

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

The wolf appeared (I12) out of a grey misty smoke and lunged for one of the lizardmen(6) tearing into the green reptile's hamstring. The lizardman screams and hisses trying to turn around to swat the wolf, but cannot. Althought the wolf did it's job and prevented the lizardman from helping his two allies from grabbing one of the two ladies.

The one free standing lizardman looked to his right and spotted some movement. As he noticed a small elven rogue, the lizardman leader leveled his shortbow on the rogue and fired off an arrow at Fistar.
    Bow - (1d20)[13]
    dmg - (1d4)[2]

The lizardman with a spear (3) Ducked a shot from the old man with the greatsword and lunged foreward, thrusting it into the man's gut, blood splashed the tropical grass and the man's shirt.

The next lizardman (2) swung a nasty bone chiseled sword at the old man, missing , but as he missed it put the old man in an off-balanced position, and the third lizardman fighting him (1) charged in (mv to I8) and stabbed the man in the chest, dropping him to the bloody ground.

ROUND 1:
    Etsia: 24 X
    Lizardman 7: 20 X
    Lizardman 3: 19 X
    Lizardman 2: 18 X
    Lizardman 1: 18 X
    Zarrae : 17
    Kelzir : 12
    Old man: 12
    Lizardman5: 11
    Lizardman4: 10
    Lizardman6: 10
    Jessamyn: 8
    Fistar: 6
    Elystria: 4

Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

5. - Top - End - #455

KELZIR
    (map)

From the sounds of angry hissing, he counted the differences in tone as it reverberated off the stones and through the air. There were at least five, probably more he surmised. The horses seemed content to remain where they were for now, so he ventured away from them in order to see more of what was going on. Yet not so far as to leave their mounts untended.

6. - Top - End - #456

Zarraema:

Upon hearing the lizardman scream (who could miss it after hearing the female screams?), she scowled and headed towards Kelzir, using her native tongue to speak, "Kelzir, sevir l'zaphodiopen, nind xal ssrig'luin udossta dortho."
    Spoiler
    Show

"Kelzir, leave the horses, they may require our aid."

Without waiting, and knowing that he would be close, she took off at a dead run towards the direction the others left in...hoping and praying to Eilistraee that it was the correct way.

Original Artwork by: -Mo-

7. - Top - End - #457

KELZIR
    (map)

His Mistress' words snapped his attention fully. With one last look back at the horses to check on them, he launched himself into a dead run. The nearly silent hiss of drow made steel was only the beginning as his rapier and a dagger came to his hands.

He angled his approach to intersect with Zarraema, attempting to head her off slightly. If there was a bowyer about, he wanted the shaft to find him first. Reaching her, he slowed only slightly, his deep voice reaching out to carry toward the battle, as he began to sing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inspire Courage +1 Morale .. translates to +1 morale bonus to save versus charm and fear, +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.
    PERFORM: (1d20+4)[14](18)

"Tlu kr'athin ulu jindurn dosst streea ussta mua,
    Wund l'vidennen d'uoi'nota zhal dos alu.
    zil dosst khel ulnen t'larryo p'los ussta velve,
    whol dos ol zhah biu shaiith tonashss ulu p'obon dosst phalar."

Spoiler
    Show
    Be ready to face your death my foe,
    Into the gates of hell shall you go.
    As your body lies broken before my blade,
    for you it's a nameless rock to mark your grave.
    Last edited by Edonil; 2007-11-02 at 07:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Pixie in the Playground

Elystria's dismay at the lizardmen's ability to shake off her blows turned to cautious hope as she caught sight of the newcomers, but she dared not turn her attention away to get a better look. Instead, she swung her quarterstaff with renewed vigor and put all of her slight weight behind the blow and prayed frantically to the Lord of the Continuum that there was enough time for them to get to her. Whether they would be better than the lizardmen was a risk she was willing to take.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit: (1d20)[8]
    Last edited by daythief; 2007-11-02 at 08:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kelzir and Zarraema move uptowards the location, spotting the hawk still up in the sky, circling the battle. Moving up, armed and towards the sound of the battle, the two drow make their way across the rocky tropical ground.
    ((You will be on the spot I have your initials at on the map for next round.))

Elystria:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The number at the end of the name in the intiative list, is the order in which they go. The "X" shows who has gone.. and with your initiative at a 4, you um....go last :0. I put an "X" on your name, so i'll move your missed attack to the bottom of the attacks, once everyone has gone, then after i post your miss, it'll go back to the top, (starting with Etsia, it is sorta good to go last, because it gives you time to post what it is you want to do, and see what everyone else does. Now, you -can- post out of "your turn" and can change it whenever you want, up to the point of it being your turn. after that..it's gospel.

The lizardman (5) reaches out snatching the leg of the noble woman, yanking her hard and almost completely out of the wagon. The Lizardman (5) attempts to take a bit of her calf muscle, but the noble woman kick the lizardman in the face, stopping the bite.

The other lizardman (4), Swipes a claw at the standing staffer female, Elystria, and misses horribly. His swing is blocked by the quarterstaff deftly ((NINJA IBBY! He missed his roll...)).

The final lizardman reaches back and sraps it's claws along the wolf's back, tearing chunks of fur and flesh from the wolf. Scoring deep gashes in the wolf's back, the lizardman howls ((I have track of the summoned monster's hp))

Jessamyn is up.

ROUND 1:
    Lizardman 7: 20 X
    Lizardman 3: 19 X
    Lizardman 1: 18 X
    Zarrae : 17 X
    Kelzir : 12 X
    Old man: 12 X
    Lizardman5: 11 X
    Lizardman4: 10 X
    Lizardman6: 10 X
    Elystria: 4 X

10. - Top - End - #460

Jessamyn

The paladin strides forward into the fray, bringing her greatsword to bear and thrusting out at the torso of the lizardman that has the woman by the leg.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh, short post...

Attack on lizardman 5: (1d20+5)[8](13)

Confirmation in case of crit: (1d20+5)[8](13)

In case of hit, damage: (2d6+3)[6][1](10)

-- the Dmg(S) and Dmg(M) always mixes me up, so this is the Dmg(M)...if it wasn't what I rolled before, then I was wrong on....one of these rolls! *shrug!* It's not a small greatsword. <.<
    Last edited by bluenihil; 2007-11-03 at 04:49 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461

Fistar

"Why that silly lizard trying to hit me with an arrow," Fistar smirked as he took aim with his own bow and let loose at the lizard with the bow. "Here's a gift from little ole me."

Spoiler
    Show

At #7 Lizardman

Attack - (1d20+2)[2](4)

Crit - (1d20+2)[8](10)

Damage - (1d6)[1](1)

*cough* I think I coughed..

Last edited by Tsol; 2007-11-03 at 01:57 PM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessamyn rushes up to the lizardman who turns to spot the paladin right before her greatsword swung upward. The slice through the air didn't sotop once it hit lizardman flesh. It tore through his arm at the armpit and it's tip gashed dthrough it's neck, spewing blood everywhere. The lizardman dropped into a pile of it's own blood, gurgling, and choking on it's own blood. The arm still hung attached to the noble woman's leg, which increased her terror to the point, her eyes rolled up into her skull and she fell back into the wagon.

Fistar Fired the arrow, sending it towards the lizardman, but wind, wun in his eyes, or something veered the arrow behind the lizardman and the arrow dissapeared into the jungle behind him.

You all hear (Z and Kel too) the sound of a man, screaming bloody murder. You turn to see the three lizardmen,(1,2,3) rip into the man's flesh, tearing an arm off at the elbow and another one tearing into the man's throat dropping the man dead to the bloody grass.

The standing woman with the quarterstaff swung down and struck the other lizardman, but shook the blow off, which only made the woman fight harder. Seeing the noblewoman beside her pass out from stress, the standing female seemed to only fight more fiercely, to keep them both alive.

ROUND 2:
    Etsia: 24
    Lizardman 7: 20
    Lizardman 3: 19
    Lizardman 2: 18
    Lizardman 1: 18

13. - Top - End - #463

Etsia

Etsia snarled as she saw the wolf -- summoned or not -- get hurt. She stepped out of the protection of the bushes, pulled out her sling and aimed a shot at the lizard who had hurt the animal.

Spoiler
    Show

Attacking Lizardman 6 with a sling, rolling possible critical check and damage, in case she hits.

Attack - (1d20+4)[21]

Critical - (1d20+4)[24]

Damage - (1d4+1)[5]

14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground

Etsia winds up and stands quickly, popping from the bush, She fires the rock at the speed of a bullet, cracking the one lizardman (6) in the eye, dropping him to the floor.

The obvious lizardman leader(7) sneered at the elf and puts his bow away as one of the other lizardman(3), brought it's leader the dead old man's severed head. Taking the head in it's hands, the leader turned and dissapeared into the jungle. The lizardman (3) draws out a crude rusty short sword and leather wrapped shield.

The closest liardman (1) ran up about 10 feet and threw a spear toward Fistar with a hiss.
    spear - (1d20+1)[21]
    dmg - (1d6)[3]

While the one launched a spear, the other Lizardman (2) spotted the paladin, then saw a small elf pop out of the bush, but instead fired it's spear at the paladin, determining her a bigger threat.

spear - (1d20+1)[13]
    dmg - (1d6)[4]

ROUND 2:
    Lizardman 7: 20
    Lizardman 3: 19 x
    Lizardman 2: 18 x
    Lizardman 1: 18 x
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-11-06 at 02:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Crit threat on Fistar, need a successful hit to make a crit, triple dmg.))

spear - (1d20+1)[13]

(If this hits, triple the original dmg.)
    No critical, but Fistar has a spear through his thigh, and sticking out the back....and sticking into the ground..

((SPIKED THE MAGPIE BOY!))

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-11-06 at 02:10 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

Zarraema:

Close enough, by now, to see a few things, she frowns as they run and whispers a prayer, "Dark Lady, give me wisdom in this..."

Kelzir's song gave her a bit of confidence - knowing that he was near did even more. Unable to pick up the pace any more than she was already moving, she peered ahead to see where her abilities might best be used - my sword or my spells, which will they need more?

Spoiler
    Show

Zarraema's search the area, to see where she might be of use.
    (1d20)[1](1)

((OMG! Zarraema is blind! x.x))
    Last edited by Zarrae; 2007-11-07 at 07:35 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467

KELZIR
    (still mappin it)

He continued on his way, his eyes scanning the scene with anything but a servile attitude. This was life and death, a game he'd been playing for many years. Carelessness now would cost one or all of them dearly, and mistakes could not be afforded. He watched the movements of the lizards as he approached rapidly, trying to determine the flow of the fight. He wasn't trying to be stealthy, he knew his songs would bolster his companions, so still on the run, he sang out.

Spoiler
    Show

Continuing to sing and provide bonuses in combat, when I'm within earshot they should take effect.

Search: Optimum point of attack or assistance if needed (1d20+3)[4](7)

18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zarraema
    Spoiler
    Show
    click on your picture sig...go to skills....you have a +3 in SPOT.....don't forget you still get points for bonuses when using skills, even if you didn't put points in it. no need to reroll i put you in a random spot.

Anyone who attacks, now the group all gets an additional +1 to attacks from Kelzir's song.

The one lizardman (4) Snatches a small wrapped bundle out of the wagon, and with a lump growing on his head, it turns tail and runs into the woods.

The other Lizardman (6) staggers to it's feet, clutching one of his eyes. blood was pouring down it's green scaled face and it makes a half hearted defensive swipe in front of him but hitting nothing.

(He can't attack since he stood up. Jessamyn gets one free Attack of Opportunity on him as he is standing, and then it's her turn..so Jessamyn, go twice!)

ROUND 2:
    Lizardman 3: 19 x
    Lizardman 2: 18 x
    Zarrae : 17 x
    Kelzir : 12 x
    Lizardman4: 10 x
    Lizardman6: 10 x
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-11-08 at 02:39 AM.

19. - Top - End - #469

Jessamyn

The paladin saw one of the lizardmen pull a bundle from the wagon and immediately alarm-bells went off in her head. She stepped forward over the body of the one she had previously spitted, prepared to give chase, when the lizardman who had collapsed a moment before staggered to its feet beside her. Reflexively she slashed at the potential threat before lunging past it, bringing her sword back and up in an arc before stabbing straight forward at the fleeing lizardman's midsection.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity on Lizardman 6: (1d20+6)[5](11)

Confirmation in case of crit: (1d20+6)[15](21)

Damage: (2d6+3)[1][6](10)

Attack on Lizardman 4 (provided it hasn't run out of reach of a 5'+ sword yet): (1d20+6)[8](14)

Confirmation in case of crit: (1d20+6)[18](24)

Damage: (2d6+3)[3][6](12)

Added the bonus point due to Kelzir's song.

Edit: Meh! Can I switch my attack and crit-confirmation rolls? *snickers, shakes fist at dice*
    Last edited by bluenihil; 2007-11-08 at 11:50 AM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jessamyn steps up and approaches the lizardman(6) who has about 4 feet gain on her. She slashes deftly to her side and barely missed the one eyed lizardman(6), before turning her attention on the leaving lizardman with the bundle.

With a fast slash, Jessamyn watched a scaley foot fly high into the air, severed above the ankle, flipping end over end and landing in the bush behind her. The one-legged lizardman (4) falls hard screaming and tossing the bundle into the air. It hits the ground (H9) and it begins to cry. Small infant crying can be heard from the bundle!

((fistar's turn, then Elystria))

21. - Top - End - #471

Fistar

Fistar gasps in pain as he looks down to the spear protuding from his thigh. When he saw the spear fly towards him, his life flashed before his eyes and then for some unknown reason he stumbled to the side and the spear impaled his thigh. Gasping with pain and almost dropping his bow he looked at the battle, with outmost concentration he took aim at the one of the lizardman closest to him and let loose an arrow, before pain and shock overcame him and he dropped the bow and grasps his thigh.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack lizardman #3 I'm not even sure if he can with a spear in his leg.. if you want to take any penality off do so.. I've added Kelzir's song to the attack.

Attack - (1d20+3)[18](21)

Damage - (1d6)[6](6)

Crit - (1d20+3)[19](22)

Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

22. - Top - End - #472
    Pixie in the Playground

Elystria let out another shout as the lizardman grabbed the bundle and then, staff still in hand, considered the situation. Chances were good that the lizardmen weren't much interested in her... which made it an excellent moment for a little satisfaction. She sighted on nearest lizardman and narrowed her eyes, raised her free hand, and spit out the arcane words that would cast the missile of power.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shooting lizardman 2, I believe? (1d4+1)[4]
    Last edited by daythief; 2007-11-08 at 10:46 PM.

23. - Top - End - #473

Etsia

Etsia blinked up as she heard the cry of a baby. She did not know what the lizardmen wanted with the baby, but she rather stayed ignorant on that as well. Instead she concentrated on the new priority: to keep the lizardmen from snatching the bundle again.

Seeing one of the women in the wagon cast a spell at the lizardman nearest to the infant, she took aim and shot at the lizardman who was near to the bundle as well.

Spoiler
    Show

Attacking lizardman 1 with a sling. Adding the +1 from Kelzir's song. Rolling possible crit-check and damage, if she hits.

Attack - (1d20+5)[14]
    Crit - (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage - (1d4+1)[4]

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fistar: After tossing the spear at Fistar, the lizardman began closing the space between him and Fistar, but instead caught a fletched arrow in the chest, and soon the heart inside, cleaved in twain, stops beating.

Elystria: The lizardman(2) looked suprised as the magical missle of pinkish energy rocks out of the female standing on the wagon and the missle catches it right between the eyes, but merely staggers the lizardman.

The other spear-tosser lizardman(1) attempts to start to close the gap between he and the paladin, first caught a rock in the face from Etsia, staggering him.

The one lizardman bloody from the dead old man(2) turns his head at the sound of the baby and bolts for it (Full run). With a magic missle wound on his head, he scooped the bundle up into his scaley arms and continued to run, leaving two lizardmen standing (6)(1). With one eye, wildly swinging around a growing pile of his dead and dying lizard friends The lizardmen howl and hiss.

ROUND 3:
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-11-09 at 03:01 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475

Zarraema:

Seeing the chatterbox Wood Elf speared through the leg told her immediately, where she was needed. Spells would do him no good with the weapon still protruding from him, but she could at least remain nearby to ensure that he was not injured further; until it was safe to remove the offending object.

Admittedly, she could not see much from her vantage point, but this seemed to be the most immediate use for her abilities, and so, she drew her bastard sword and took up a defensive position between Fisten...Fiter?...whatever his name was, and the still-moving lizardmen.

26. - Top - End - #476

KELZIR
    (map)

Song still streaming from his lips, he surmised the situation quickly. The one fleeing, the other two still in place. The fleeing one was already out of accurate dagger range, nearly sixty feet away. So he turned his attention to the other two.

With nothing resembling a flourish, he speared the ground with his rapier and tossed his dagger in twisting hop to his other hand while drawing the other dagger. As it came free, the first one was let fly in a spinning arc toward the lizard headed for the armored woman. As he lifted his rapier back up from where it was stuck in the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

To hit lizard man 1 ... (1d20+4)[16](20)
    critical ... (1d20+4)[13](17)
    dagger damage ... (1d3+1)[3](4)

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground

The dark elven bard sung his song and let fly a dagger. end over end it flipped right over the paladin's left shoulder, and into the skull of the lizardman(6). With a shudder and a wail, the green skinned creature dropped to Jessamyn's feet, dead.

ROUND 3:
    Etsia: 24 x
    Zarrae : 17 x
    Kelzir : 12 x

28. - Top - End - #478

Jessamyn

The paladin had seen the other lizardman snatch the baby, but she knew all too well that she could not hope to catch up with the unburdened creature...especially after it lunged into the forest. Face set in a grim mask, she turned her attention to the last enemy on the field and stepped forward over another scaly corpse, driving her greatsword at the remaining lizardman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on lizardman 1: (1d20+6)[2](8) with the +1 still from the bardsong I think

In case of crit: (1d20+6)[13](19)

Damage: (2d6+4)[4][5](13) with the +1 from the bardsong I believe

Edit: Wow, I totally failed to hit. Heehee. Jessamyn too pissed off to attack effectively!
    Last edited by bluenihil; 2007-11-12 at 02:32 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479

Fistar

Fistar writhed in pain as he grasped the protuding spear his hand and shoved the shaft of it all the way thru, letting out a loud yelp at the pain. Grimacing with a look of determination, he picked up his bow and took aim at the remain lizard only to noticed that there was a dark elf in his way. He waited until he could see a clear shot.

Spoiler
    Show

((only attack if its a clear shot.. hmm not even sure he can attack after spending his move removing the spear.. ))

Attack - (1d20+5)[2](7)

Attack - (1d6)[5](5)

Crit - (1d20+5)[5](10)

Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

30. - Top - End - #480
    Pixie in the Playground

Elystria let out her breath in a huff as she looked after the fleeing lizardman. The one left didn't look like it stood much chance against the woman in the armor and her companions... no sense in wasting a spell when she might be in hot water shortly! Instead, the white-haired elf crouched down next to the noblewoman with her in the cart to assess her situation... and to give Elystria herself time to think about her own.