Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Results 541 to 554 of 554
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    bluenihil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Jessamyn

    The paladin pulled her shield from its place and slid her arm through the straps, then took the reins again. The warhammer stayed in its place, hanging from her belt, for the moment. She glanced across the group.

    "I know two of you can heal...I hope you can deal with poisons as well. My kit does not allow much in the way of certainty for dealing with such things.

    "If you have any way to protect yourselves, I'd advise preparing it. No doubt we'll be shot at during some point of this."


    She nodded to Etsia then and pointed with her chin toward the continuing trail.

  2. - Top - End - #542
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Bunny~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Etsia

    Etsia nodded, and since she had not noticed any signs of ambush, she urged Elmshadow forward, following the tracks of the lizardmen to west.

  3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jeggred Von's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I live under your bed.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    With careful movement, The group makes it way down through the underbrush, urging their horses deeper into the hot jungle. The bugs and the annoying insects are beginning to get to you as the ground ahead begins to soften and you can hear the wet sounds of the horse's hooved feet being sucked into the muddy ground.

    The sky opens up as the hovering clouds begin their unloading of buckets of rain. The noise of the forest is amplified as the rain hits the wide leafy bushes and canopy above. You make out the trail the lizardmen used and follow it for another 200 yards, until you come across what looks like a deer run.

    A small worn path used by predator and prey alike, worn down to provide a small ammount of resistance-free movement, runs across your own trail. You notice the trail you're currently on does not continue past the deer run.

    The tracks of the lizardmen are filling with rain water and you can see the head off to the left. The sounds of the jungle are alive, and you can hear all sorts of animals and creatures as the rain brings the soggy woods further to life.

    Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

  4. - Top - End - #544
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Bunny~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Etsia

    Etsia sighed. "Looks like they continued along the path to left... but with this rain, if they stepped out of it again, we will not be able to see it." She turned Elmshadow left, hoping to catch the lizardmen before they slipped past her tracking ability.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Trying her best to notice anything track-worthy in the surroundings while riding, broken branches, not-washed-away tracks leading away from the path, anything else 'off' or strange. Not sure which to roll, so rolling both! Use whatever is applicable.
    Search - (1d20+6)[12]
    Track - (1d20+13)[24]

  5. - Top - End - #545
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Edonil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    KELZIR
    (map)

    He followed along, watching from near the middle of the group. The jungle elf was now in her element and leading them quickly for all the overgrowth. The advent of the trail was only slightly welcoming.

    The rain slicked down his hair, plastering it against his head, the noise of it amplified as the air thickened. While it would keep them from hearing an approach from a distance, it would also mask their noise as well. It seemed that the reptiles were still moving hastily, apparently expecting some kind of reprisal. As they mulled over for a short time before turning left along the trail, he had a thought that perhaps they were supposed to be following the larger group of tracks. He realized that if he'd regrouped with counterparts and was the one being chased, that he would attempt to lure any pursuers off by making it seem like he'd joined with the larger group. So, before catching up, he rode a short way, looking for any sign that they were being led astray .... and into a trap.

    Spoiler
    Show

    SEARCH: Looking for tracks, upturned mud, the telltale dragging of a tail tip in the mud that might lead in another direction.
    (1d20+4)[14](18)

  6. - Top - End - #546
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    daythief's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Elystria

    Sitting awkwardly on her acquired horse and feeling the rain seep down inside her clothes, the young elf sighed heavily and pondered her spells. None useful for rain, particularly, that she had bothered reading this morning! Damn.

    She looked around at the adventurers... she had to prove she was useful somehow so that they'd keep her on! Hopefully some sort of lizardman would pop out and she could fry them, although the last batch seemed remarkably resistant to arcane energies. She frowned furiously at that and hunkered down beneath the rain, trying to keep an eye on the jungle around them; she couldn't track to save her life, but she could still be useful!
    Last edited by daythief; 2007-12-08 at 03:43 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #547
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    daythief's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Spoiler
    Show
    spot (1d20+4)[12]
    search (1d20+5)[20]

  8. - Top - End - #548
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Zarrae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Zarraema:

    She nodded to the Paladin's admonition, mentally reviewing all of the spells that the Dark Lady had blessed her with as they rode.

    The rain served to cool off the heat of the day, but began to cause her armor to take on an uncomfortable soggy state. That, in addition to the small trail raised the hairs on the back of her neck.

    "It could be that they knew more rescuers would follow and have prepared a trap or ambush on this tiny trail."

    Moon Maiden, give me wisdom for this...

    Original Artwork by: -Mo-

  9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jeggred Von's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I live under your bed.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Carefully, the group makes it's way down the tiny trail, watching both sides and ahead for any sort of trap or sign of something amiss.

    Nothing comes.

    You wander down the trail, the rain soaking you to the bone and the steam coming off of the plants and even your own armor making the air thick with humidity, turning breathing into work. The rising mists of the cooled surounding scenery makes visibility a little hard to see more than 30 feet ahead. The low visibility gives those hairs on the backs of your necks even more reason to be up and at attention.

    The trail wanders westward as you come to a small gorge. You stand atop the one side of the valley that spread out before you for hundred of acres.
    Thousands of untamed and untouched jungle lies before you in a small steaming valley. The sides of the valley are steep, but still ridable. Down below in the valley, you can see the mist hugs the tree line and you spot a thicker mote of steam or smoke that stands out from the surrounding mist.

    The trail leads off the edge and down into the valley below. It seems to zig-zag down the valley wall.

    Spoiler
    Show

    The white line is the trail...steep but ridable. (think donkey path)
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-12-17 at 05:16 PM.

    Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

  10. - Top - End - #550
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Bunny~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Etsia

    The rain had not really troubled the little druid who was wearing very little for that very reason: the weather in the jungle was not kind to heavy layers of clothing. She squinted at the potential smoke and pointed at it. "Maybe they have a village of some sort down there."

    She glanced at the others to see how they were faring, ready to continue down the path and into the valley.

  11. - Top - End - #551
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    bluenihil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Jessamyn

    Rainwater dripped off the tip of the paladin's nose. She looked as grim as always, green eyes scanning what little could be seen of the route and terrain. A slight nod of acknowledgment was her only response.

  12. - Top - End - #552
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tsol's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Fistar
    Fistar hummed under his breath and thought that this was a waste of time, it was obvious that the lizardmen knew this part of the area quite well and used that knowledge to keep ahead of them. He pulled the hood of his cloak over his head to keep the rain out as he watched the rest of the party travel carefully and somberly down the trail. He hoped that this adventure was worth the trouble, already he could feel the dampness seep into his boots, as he glanced at the sky hoping to see a break in the weather.

    He looked at the newcomer, glancing at the way she rode her horse and almost grin with amusement, until his own horse, Jumper, stumbled briefly almost throwing him from the saddle. He growled under his breath at the horse, "Bet you did that on purpose, you mule.." Jumper nickered softly as if laughing at the rogue in the saddle and flicked it's ear around with a twitch.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

  13. - Top - End - #553
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    daythief's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Santa Clara, CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Elystria

    Elystria sat up somewhat, trying to stay away from the edge for (unfounded) fear of overbalancing her horse while at the same time trying to lean out for a better view.

    "Do lizardmen even live in villages? Oh!!! They're probably being led by an evil wizard!" In her excitement she slipped somewhat in the saddle, but her silver eyes still lit up with avarice as she regained her seat. "I mean, why else would they be stealing babies? It's probably for a ritual or something or.. oh, maybe he's going to raise it as his apprentice!"

    She glanced around at the group, reassessing their abilities.

    "You've probably fought wizards before, of course..."
    Last edited by daythief; 2007-12-19 at 09:48 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #554
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tsol's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Fistar

    "Eh? Wizards? sure... I've fought many of them in my home town, finger wiggler's I call them," the rogue smiled. "Of course it was all in good fun, but I remember when I came across this little house in the woods..." Fistar continued chatting about how he had entered the house and thinking it was empty and then finding a wizard in one of the room sleeping. "... ohh and she wasn't too impressed with me being there, she started to do her little finger wiggling at me and I had to leave the bed quite quickly." A wishful look crossed his face.

    Spoiler
    Show


    ((Just jump starting this again... ))

    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •