New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

KELZIR

He fell into place behind her again. Still his movements were wooden and it seemed as though his feet were made of clay. Though his mind was a turmoil of horror, still he stepped with care to make as little noise as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silently: (1d20+4)[11](15)

Silence was key to survival. Being seen and unnoticed was the other. His ears listened for any sign that his presence was demanded for anything. In a Temple, the slightest provocation would mean sacrifice.
    Last edited by Edonil; 2007-07-20 at 10:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #152

Zarraema:

The temple was full of strangers, as she looked around, trying to remain a calm pillar for Kelzir to stand behind - to draw strength from, she tried to remember the pales' faces.

...vith...they all look the same...

Spoiler
    Show

Search for any of their companions, for Zarraema:
    (1d20+3)[13](16)
    Last edited by Zarrae; 2007-07-20 at 10:16 AM.

Original Artwork by: -Mo-

3. - Top - End - #153

Fistar

Fistar looked at the immense tapastries then glanced back at the armored cleric. "Interesting, so the dark elves were one of the first to settle the area and then were helped by that knight later," nodding to the tapestry with the knight protecting the dark elves. He thought a moment thinking of the two dark elves that he had traveled with. Maybe he should locate them again and see if they have any information. He shook his head and smiled, "So is there much information on the ruins themselves and are any still in existance? "
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Warrior cleric looked to Fistar and raised one eyebrow in slight confusion.
    He adjusted his stance, making his armor clank and groan in the movement, but then looked around the library looking for something.

"Yes the ruins are real. It is the previous city built on this location,which seems to have been pushed into the ground 20 feet or so by the Gods." The warrior cleric pointed one of his heavy gauntleted hands toward a shelf.

"There is not much information on the ruins, but many many books on rumors and speculation. No one who visits the ruins, ever comes back with any information of use, or they just don't come back. I am pretty sure that there are tunnel, and cleared out streets and buildings down there, but no one has dared map it, or even described it for a scribe to pen it to parchment." The Warrior cleric nods and wises the bard a good safe day and returns to his guard duties.

Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

5. - Top - End - #155

Fistar

The wood elf rogue watched the departing armored man return to his duties. He shrugged nonchalantly and returned to looking at the shelves of books that the cleric had pointed out. He grimaced, not really wanting to look thru all those tomes. He recalled his father placing books in front of him, forcing him to sit for hours reading. Little good did that do him as he recalled the stern look of his father, when he said he was leaving the forest. He shook his head, bringing him back to the present and started picking thru the old musty tomes.

Spoiler
    Show

Search - (1d20+2)[15](17)
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

6. - Top - End - #156

Jessamyn

The paladin sat at her reading table, absorbed in the book of history. Her sheathed greatsword lay across the table in front of her, well within reach--training had instilled that instinct in her, even with the comforting atmosphere of the Temple all around.

She was oblivious to her surroundings, platinum-blond brows furrowed in contemplation as she carefully turned the pages. It was her current mission, after all. It would take someone walking up and actually poking her to draw her attention.

7. - Top - End - #157

Zarraema:

There. The hair, armor, and sword. She recognized them as belonging to the Paladin who'd confronted her about Kelzir's position. She appeared busy, but then, this was a library...

Carefully, keeping her eyes on the blond-haired woman, she picked her way through to the table, knowing that Kelzir would remain within a hair's breadth of her elbow and praying to the Goddess that she could think of something intelligible to say - pales were, after all, so much different here; it was sometimes difficult to speak with them without offending their sensibilities.

She stepped up to the Paladin and kept her voice low, "Jessamyn of Torm?"

8. - Top - End - #158

Jessamyn

Getting addressed in that manner did yank the paladin's attention back to reality. Blinking, she lowered the book and gave the drow female a questioning look.

"Ah...yes? Zarraema?" Hoping she remembered the name... She was fairly certain it was the same drow, what with the male lurking behind her like that.

9. - Top - End - #159

Zarraema:

With what she hoped was a disarming smile, she gave a small nod, "I wonder, Jessamyn of Torm, if you can tell us anything of this?" Cautiously, she held out the folded, drow-drawn map.

"It seems to be a map of this area, but that is as far as our knowledge of the surface can determine." She winced, inwardly, at giving away such a weakness as their lack of knowledge - so many things that she would never have done only months before...

10. - Top - End - #160

Jessamyn

The paladin took the offered map and spread it out on the table, examining it thoughtfully. "I'm not very familiar with this area either, I fear. Is there something on it you're looking for?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess it would be Knowledge: Geography... I have a strikethrough in it on my sheet, but a +1, so... If I can actually use it, here it is.

(1d20+1)[8](9)

11. - Top - End - #161

Zarraema:

She stared at the map for a moment; a question she hadn't been prepared to answer...

"A pale's perspective to where it may lead, perhaps? It seems to simply guide to the woods and stop." She smiled to Jessamyn, hoping by her statement to let the Paladin know that her differing perspective would hold value.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

((weeeee.....adenture!))

13. - Top - End - #163

Jessamyn

The paladin pondered the parchment for another moment, considering the notations, then looked up to Zarraema with an armored shrug.

"It looks like a treasure map, really..."

14. - Top - End - #164

Zarraema:

"Treasure?" The thought blurted out before she could truly comprehend, "Why would anyone mark such things down on paper?"

She peered over her shoulder to Kelzir and then back to the map, musing to herself ...such odd things are done here. Should such a thing have been written down at ...home, there would be a pile of bodies and pools of blood hiding it from sight. "If you wish to keep it, Jessamyn of Torm, we have little use or understanding of surface treasures."

15. - Top - End - #165

Jessamyn

"Well, I can't say for sure that's what it is. And I would turn it over to the Temple, regardless. It's hard to know without going to see... Really, it could be anything. Anything someone wanted to keep hidden."

16. - Top - End - #166

KELZIR

His hands still twitched against the strings, causing them to resonate slightly. Eyes continued to stare at the floor, as though boring holes into it.

In a nearly silent whisper, "It was hidden here for a purpose, Mistress. The place it was hidden, was also purposeful. Perhaps it was placed to tell the location of enemies of ....."

The whisper trailed off to nothing as what small spark of courage in the confines of a Temple faded.

17. - Top - End - #167

Zarraema:

The Priestess paused in near-wide-eyed shock. Kelzir had actually spoken without being prompted. He'd offered information without being commanded... there is still hope...

"...whose enemies, Kelzir?" her words came out gently, as she'd intended, hoping to coax more out of him.

"And perhaps it would be best if it were not remanded to your temple until it was investigated. If treasure, then I'm sure that would be easily handled by yourself."

18. - Top - End - #168

Jessamyn

The paladin frowned slightly. "I had not meant to turn over your map... It is yours, after all. But if you put treasures in my hands, they would be given to the Temple-- Oh, that reminds me."

She turned away from the parchment and pushed up from her chair, patting at the coin-pouch at her hip as she glanced around for the nearest priest. "I meant to tithe..."

19. - Top - End - #169

Fistar
    The wood elf grew bored reading the books, he had gathered enough information about the city, that his mind was starting to fog over. So there were at least five previous attempts of this city, ruins built upon ruins. Who knew what kind of catacombs or treasures hidden deep under the current city. He sighed, if only there was way to find an entrance to the underbelly of this place.

He heard some whispered conversation and glancing around the corner of the book case he saw the dark elves and the half elf paladin looking at a piece of parchment laid on a table..

Whispered words drifted to him. "....treasure... ...turn over your map..."
    His eyes widened in glee. He quickly replace the book he was reading and walked briskly to the group.

"What do you have there? ", he asked eagerily. "Can I see?" Making an attempt to crowd out the onlookers. "Wow, this is better than the map I had found, back at that house. ", He pointed to the '8 Days march' " Oh now I definitely need to purchase a horse, I'm not going to walk", he frowned. "Oh well it looks promising and I running out of gold. This place is expensive." He poked Kelzir, "What do you think. You think there could be treasure there?" his eyes gleam as he thought of the treasure that could be found.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

20. - Top - End - #170

KELZIR

He shied to the side as the wood elf touched him, removing himself from the growing group. A few quietly muttered words in Underdark, an apology for being so stupid and inept as to be in the way. With his head still bowed he replied.

"Of .. Her .. Mistress. Enemies of Her. I cannot know what lies in that place, only that there is one way of discovering the truth. That is to travel there, so you may see for yourself."

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah! A well drawn map to the West."
    High Priest Dentlor walks up past the table, shoving two acolytes in front of him, both of them piled high with books in their arms. High Priest Dentlorsmiles at you all and takes no more notice to the map out of respect, but looks to Jessamyn.

"Holy Knight. If you and your group of brave adventurers are willing to follow this map to possible treasure, or to find a group of people in need of Torm's protection, we here can provide mounts and supplies." High Priest Dentlor pauses as he looks directly to Jessamyn and smiles genuinely after he speaks.

"Many in this library are adventurers from all over Faerun and are merely here resting before traveling out of the North gate once again for further fame and glory. I am sure there are others who would accompany you, if merely asked."

22. - Top - End - #172

Zarraema:

Violet eyes stared at the map, a little wider than normal, it was found in Torm's temple in a darkened alcove. Kelzir could be correct. What joy to find others that would fight ..Her.. with us.

"Kelzir and I will follow the map if none other will."
    Her head bobbed a nod at her own words, as if reaffirming what she'd just spoken aloud.

23. - Top - End - #173

KELZIR

He bowed deeply to all those present, his long silver hair brushing the ground. "I shall go make ready for your departure, Mistress."

Quietly, and with a practice of many decades, he began backing away from them. His footfalls quiet, and even chairs and tables didn't seem to hinder his passage.

24. - Top - End - #174

Fistar

Fistar listened to the cleric offer the use of horses and supplies. He grinned happily, his green eyes glinting mischievously. “Well I’m not one to turn down a helpful hand in this endeavour, but what is in it for you? Surely the loan of mounts and supplies must come at a cost?” The wood elf glanced briefly at the retreating male dark elf with a slight frown, then turned back to Zarraema smiling, “I will go of course, I’m always looking for adventure. “
    Last edited by Tsol; 2007-07-25 at 11:19 AM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

25. - Top - End - #175

Etsia

Etsia took a deep breath and closed the tome of maps. She stood up and set it back on the table with another nod at the elf. "I found what I was looking for."

She now knew some town names from the north, as well as others on the way there and had some ideas on the roads going there. It did not really matter where in the north she went, as long as she kept going to the right direction. It would be a long trip and if she had understood correctly, a cold one. She frowned a little at that. She would need new clothes. Furs, probably. And it would be a long, long journey -- dangerous, too -- unless she found another caravan or a horse...

She nodded distractedly first at the elf, then at Acolyte Oryic, and wandered off. The hawk on her backpack made another impatient sound and she responded reflexively with a soothing one. She blinked as she noticed the familiar group and then approached them determinedly. Maybe they would know about such arrangements.

"Hello again." She nodded to the little gathering. "I need to travel north. I think I need fur clothes. And a caravan. Or a horse. Do you know..." She shrugged a little. "...of such things?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Orophen:

High Priest Dentlor walks up to you and clears his throat softly and nods slightly in an apology and whispers to you.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "M'lord, you asked to be notified if anyone was headed north via the jungle, and it just so happens that a group has arrived to do just that. One of them is a paladin of my order, and will gladly take you with them. Your coins fill our offering plates and we would enjoy to see you find whatever it is you're looking for. It is our duty to help you." High Priest Dentlor nodded once again in a slight bow and looked to you awaiting an answer

27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Orophen

Startled out of his intense study (and a minor headache that was coming on) by the approach of the Priest, the elf... falls flat out of his chair, tumbling onto his back, the book sailing.

"Whoa... WHOA!" he cries as he falls, followed shortly by a muttered "Ow..." a moment later. Looking up at Dentlor, he nods briefly, picking himself up and dusting his robes.

Taking the sheathed rapier leaning against the table into his right hand, he nods a quick affirmation to Dentlor.

"I suppose accompanying some strange individuals to the north would be a good idea." Mainly because I can't remember the way myself, he thought to himself.
    Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.
    I cast irresistable phantasmal killer as a 4th level spell. No save, just die.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

High Priest Dentlor smiles and helps you to your feet as you speak to him he nods once and says, "Very well." He moves off from you to move back to the paladin's side.

"A thousand pardons, Paladin, but there seems to be a man who has come to us seeking knowledge and understanding of the world. and since you have come from the north, he was seeking someone who knew the area to accompany. As I see your map leads North, Would you perform your duty to accompany this man or allow him to accompany you on your trek to the location on the map? He may stya for the entire trip, he may leave, but regardless, it is against my ethos, and yours to deny the dedication to duty....Praise Torm." High Priest Dentlor makes a small religious gesture, for Torm's blessing and waves Orophen over.
    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-07-25 at 08:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Zarraema:

Violet eyes peered around the growing group in swiftly mounting trepidation - I'm surrounded by pales... she took a deep breath, letting the moment of discomfort melt into the background of her mind.

"...I will...help Kelzir make preparations. Should you need us, we will be in or around the Inn or in the room that Firstar acquired for us."
    She begins patting at her belt pouches, trying to remember which one she'd scooped it into as they hurriedly left the tavern.

"Acceptable?"

With deliberate precision, she refolded the map and tucked it into the sleeve of her leather tunic...for now.

30. - Top - End - #180

Jessamyn

"Praise Torm," the paladin echoed automatically, mirroring the gesture. She turned sharp green eyes to the unfamiliar elf, but as he was being vouched-for by a priest of the Temple...

"Of course, Holy Champion. As I escort the others to seek what their map might show, I will escort him as well."

She was a bit hazy on how all of this had suddenly become an excursion, but as it seemed to carry the blessing of the Temple and all the trappings of a mission...a mission it would be!
    Last edited by bluenihil; 2007-07-25 at 10:44 PM.