Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 554
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Edonil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    KELZIR

    The explosion of sound caused him to jump and bring his hands to his ears. Noticing the giants motion, he followed it through the breach of lowering his hands back to his sides and attempting to give off some air of dignity. He was fully aware of the eyes upon him and his large cohort, and was fairly certain that there were going to be some irate people around. Mostly those that had been engaged in betting on which of the two combatants was going to be the winner.

    When the giant actually kneeled down to him, he blinked in surprise. His mind twitched slightly as his thoughts reeled. The soft spoken, for something that size, introduction snapped him out of it. With a slight smile, he reached out and made a try of taking the giant's hand, more likely ending up with a finger or two.

    "Thank you, Grakk." He lifted his other hand, to poke himself in the chest with his thumb, and speaking carefully. "Kel-zeer."

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    bluenihil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Jessamyn

    The paladin nodded slightly at Orophen's words. "Only that we have been well-warned by the Holy Champion as well as being encouraged. Racing into the jungle in the dark would be foolhardy."

    Not that she wouldn't do it anyway, if the situation required. Her green gaze moved methodically from Fistar to the stables to the back street on which they stood, never pausing on any of their watchers, just keeping everything in sight as they waited.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tsol's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Fistar

    The wood elf followed the conversations briefly and agreed with the paladin, "Very much so, I suggest we gather all ourselves together and go to the Inn, I'm sure the other two would be there waiting. " He thought for a moment, "I guess leaving first thing in the morning, would be the plan," he smiled and looked at the new elf. "Orophen.. is it? Do you require a horse as well, and supplies? The kind people here are willing to lend them to us for this endevour."

    Fistar then looked at his horse and frowned, "Mind you I wonder if they just want to get rid of that nuisance, " he sighed and walked towards his horse and nimbly jumped onto the saddle, "Well, Jessamyn shall I wait for the rest to get ready, or meet you at the Inn?" As the rogue was talking, he felt the horse shift under him, and then the saddle slide around the girth, promptly throwing him to the ground. He got up and started swearing in a mixed of elvish and common. While comparing the horse's linage to that of ass's and donkey's, Fistar started to reset the the saddle on the horse, doing a quick elbow to horse's rib, to expell the breath as he tighten the girth belt.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    bluenihil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Jessamyn

    "I would rather the four of us go together than further split. Zarraema and--" She paused a moment, trying to recall the male drow's name. "--Kelzir will likely be together, we will meet them at the inn."

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tsol's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Fistar

    The wood elf finished up with Jumper, this time double checking all the straps and bindings. As he thought about the return to the inn, he schemed on how to still retain a profit. He looked at the group, hoping that everyone was ready, he hopped onto his horse, Jumper shifted again almost making the rogue lose his balance, he smirked, "Now now, lets try to be friends ok? " patting Jumper's neck, "I'll even tell you some nice stories as we travel. "

    He glanced back at the group, "Well looks like we are ready to move on.. so lets head out then. If we seperated by accident, just meet at the inn." He then headed out of the courtyard, onto the sreets.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jeggred Von's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I live under your bed.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Orophen Looks to you all and his face almost drains of color. his hands wring each other as he looks back to the church. He begins taking steps backwards and then speaks up.
    "I um...seem to have forgotten something in the church. The Sleeping Centaur you say? I shall go gather my things, and meet you either there in the bar, or outside of town. If you plan on leaving tonight, I will be outside the city walls..waiting."

    Orophen turn around and curses himself for forgetting a most important piece of his gear. He swiftly dissapears around a corner.

    ********
    The rest of you gather your things and gain any equipment from the general goods store and then saddle up and move down the alleyway toward the Sleeping Centaur. You can still feel eyes on you as you move through the shaded alleyway from the hot sun. You emerge behind a corner building where two streets meet, and notice a large crowd off to your right who have gathered for some reason or another. From your raised position, you can see a open space in the center of the mob and some sort of activity is going on. A large hill giant is standing on the edge of the crowd and turns to look at your riding group, then pays you no more mind and continues to watch the fight.

    You turn and ride up the road, away from the ruckus and see the familiar knife riddled sign of the Sleeping Centaur Inn.

    The crowd is thick here in this part of town, merchants selling their wares and regular townsfolk passing through on their way to whatever it is they do.Riding is slow going, as to not knock anyone over.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Etsia and Fistar, roll a spot check

    Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tsol's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Fistar

    Fistar eyes darted around the crowd as he moved though towards the inn.

    Spoiler
    Show

    spot - (1d20+1)[7](8)

    edit: :P Its that purple people eater monster again... its been following Fistar.

    Last edited by Tsol; 2007-08-07 at 03:00 PM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Bunny~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Etsia

    After she had learned how to saddle the horse -- the stallion had told her that the saddle riders called him 'Elmshadow' -- Etsia had visited the supply shop briefly. After a moment of trying on different clothes and finding most of them helplessly way too big, she had eventually managed to gather a warmer outfit consisting of cloth and wool and leather, with some fur garments on top for the coldest weathers. She had also picked saddlebags for the horse, two blankets and another waterskin. After a moment of poking at the rations dubiously and sniffing at them, she had also taken some smoked meat, dried fruit and nuts and cheese as well as feed for Elmshadow. And some apples.

    She had packed all her new things into the saddlebags for the big stallion to carry and after a moment of watching the saddle with consideration, she had also managed to mount up. Granted the process had been more or less her leaping high and grabbing hold of the saddle to swing herself onto it than the more traditional way, but it had worked.

    So now she was following the others, riding on her own! It felt strange, being positioned so high above the street, looking down at people instead of up, as she usually had to. The hawk on her backpack seemed to sense her mood and took flight to stretch its wings and to enjoy the air.

    Etsia glanced up at its soaring, then back down and around her to make sure Elmshadow wasn't stepping on anyone while she wasn't looking!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot - (1d20+6)[15]

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jeggred Von's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I live under your bed.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    You both ride through the crowd, following Jessamyn. You see things that you'd never imagine as you travel the roads. people are crammed shouldet to shoulder, and your horses make a nice path as you make your way to the Inn to catch up with your dark elven friends.

    You know Orophen will never catch up and decide to just continue on and if he catches up..he catches up...if not...less things to wory about.

    People bumping your horse and your legs as you ride make you watch all around you at the people and types of things touching you.

    Humans, orc, drow, hal elves, halflings, hobgoblins, gnolls, gruargh, lizardmen, ogres..it's strange to see so many different types of people in one town..

    Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    bluenihil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Jessamyn


    Jessamyn was walking, since Ghost and her gear were back at the inn, so no doubt she got jostled more than the others.

    Of course, she was also a tall armored woman with a six-foot sword and a Tormite tabard, so possibly not.

    Onward!

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Edonil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    KELZIR

    Without a word, he walked into the stables of the inn and located his Mistress' horse. The saddle and blanket were nearby on the stall rail. Without waiting, he slipped the blanket over the horse's back, followed by the saddle itself. With a few deft motions, it was secured and followed by reigns. Leaving a few silver, he led the horse out to await Zarraema at the front of the inn.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Zarrae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Zarraema:
    (map - still tucked in her sleeve/gauntlet)

    It hadn't been an easy trek to the Inn. As the Hill Giant's wake closed in around her, elbows and other appendages bumped and harried her. Setting her face to a stolid, determined expression, she pushed through the sea of people. Fear at the many hands and eyes on her crept into her throat and hung there until she finally pushed free of the throng.

    To calm herself, she allowed the memories of Kelzir's song to drift over her mind; the soothing words gave her back her courage and the resolution not to falter. The Inn was finally in sight by the time she'd managed to regain her composure and Kelzir's presence, standing there with the horse he'd found for her, brought a gentle smile to her face. How could I have ever been cruel to him?

    "I'm pleased that you were able to navigate the crowd, Kelzir. You've managed to learn a good deal more than I since coming to the surface." The smile fades by a degree as someone's voice echoed through her memories, reminding her of the inferiority of males. Those ways are gone. We are here now, and as soon as I manage a private place, where the embarrassment of his station can be concealed, I will remedy one of my mistakes.

    Original Artwork by: -Mo-

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tsol's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Fistar
    The rogue looked at the throngs of people, the mix of the different races, colors filled the boulavard. Seeing the Inn up ahead, he quickly dismounted taking the reins in his hand and head towards it.

    He tried to spot the stable boy who was there earlier and did not seeing him, instead he saw the two dark elf companions waiting out front.

    "Shesh, everyone around here seems to be in a hurry, do you expect to sleep on the road tonight? " He inquired, "Not that I mind, I'm sure there are plenty of bandits around, that will need a good thrashing. " he chuckled.

    "Personally since its late in day, I think we should just spend the night here and leave at first light." He looked at Zarraema, "Do you still have that item from the library?"

    Jumper the horse seeing his opportunity, at this moment tossed his head yanking back on the reigns, which pulled Fistar off his feet and on to his ass. He got up and started swearing at the horse in elven.
    Last edited by Tsol; 2007-08-13 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Learning to spell :P
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Zarrae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Zarraema:
    (Map - still tucked in her sleeve/glove)

    Waiting patiently for his tirade at the horse to cease, she patted the belt pouch in which she kept a few trinkets.

    "I do."

    And I don't trust you with the possible information it holds. Mistrust born of necessity came naturally to most of those raised in the Underdark - as did misdirection and deception. Unfortunately for the former Priestess of the Spider Queen, her recent, honest tendencies caused her eyes to shift away and her stance remained slightly insecure.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Roll Bluff Check for Zarraema's attempted misdirection:
    (1d20+2)[2](4)

    (wow, cannot get a break on rolls with this group!)
    Last edited by Zarrae; 2007-08-16 at 07:52 PM.

    Original Artwork by: -Mo-

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    bluenihil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Jessamyn


    The paladin led her small part of the group carefully through the crowd toward the Sleeping Centaur's stables. "If we're staying here overnight, we'll have to lodge the horses for a bit. We'll need to call everyone together and figure out the full plan," she spoke over her shoulder to Etsia.

    She turned her attention back to the street as they drew near the Inn, that feeling of being watched still putting her on edge. Whatever the Holy Champion had said, whatever the Gothmoor history book had detailed, this still felt like a strange and uncomfortable city to the young Tormite. Perhaps in the future, when she had a chance to get used to it, to see how Torm's duties directed her with so many Underdark faces among the crowd...

    Speaking of Underdark faces, she caught sight of Zarraema and Kelzir as they broke through the crowd, there at the front with Fistar. A smile of relief touched her face briefly--so they had not all vanished into the twisting streets after all. She led on toward them, giving all three a polite nod as she stepped up with the faint scuff of armored boots.

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Bunny~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Etsia

    Having followed the tall armored woman carefully -- she was certain she'd get lost within these buildings and streets that all looked the same to her without guidance -- Etsia was glad to arrive back at the stables. She hopped down from the saddle and patted Elmshadow.

    She did not bother to hold onto the reins really, after all, the palomino stallion had said he'd be her companion. Instead she offered him an apple and while he crunched on it, she concentrated on petting and braiding his mane, watching the others.

    "...we could also sleep under the stars..." Her tone made it obvious that this option sounded heavenly to her in comparison to the crowded buildings.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tsol's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Fistar
    Fistar, looked at the dark elf woman, noticing the uncertainity in her eyes. She could be telling the truth he thought, but he very much doubt it. "Well as long as you still have it and don't plan to run off without me tagging along, I'll be happy, " giving a wry grin to Zarraema.

    The wood elf watched the approach of the paladin and listened to her and with a nod he grinned.

    "Finally someone who has enough sense to see its too late to travel, " the wood elf looked at the armored woman, then without much fuss he took his horse around to the stables. As he was walking he heard Etsia commented about sleeping under the stars, he grimmaced slightly, "Well you can always sleep on the roof, " he chuckled, "Barring that, there maybe a park around here, mind you, I wouldn't trust myself alone in it at night, " he grinned. "You will never know what kind of two legged beasties are about at night." The wood elf looked at the diminative wild elf and thought a moment, "There maybe room in the stables, if its the crowded buildings your afraid of, at least it maybe suited for you then a closed in room."
    Last edited by Tsol; 2007-08-17 at 05:48 PM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Edonil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    KELZIR

    He bowed to Zarraema as she came upon him, his eyes still shifting back and forth, through the crowds. The fact that she'd returned alone and not with the others, was noted with an inward frown. With another bow, his musical voice was quietly heard again.

    "One city is much like any other, Mistress. I am used to making my path and finding my way around obstacles. And also adept at avoiding the incursion of another's wrath. If I'd been delayed, then your horse would not be ready."

    The noisy elf was bouncing around again, and it appeared he'd found a rather ... entertaining horse. The fact that he seemed to know nothing of the animals, nearly brought a smile to Kelzir's face. Alarms kept sounding in his mind whenever Fistar was nearby, the way he moved, the way he kept weapons, the fact that he was always chattering about something. It was a distraction, and an intended one that Fistar used to his advantage. The elf was deceitful, untrustworthy, double-dealing, and imminently opprotunistic, in some ways, Kelzir was amazed that the surface elf's skin was so pale.

    When mention of the map crossed Fistar's mouth again, Kelzir hid the furrowing of his brow and slight frown by keeping his head bowed.

    "Do you still have that item from the library?" Fistar had asked, then followed it up with another statement. "Well as long as you still have it and don't plan to run off without me tagging along, I'll be happy, "

    Again, the warnings rang out. This one was to be watched, not trusted, and most definitely kept on a short string, somehow. Fistar was interested in money, quick loot, and keeping his own ass safe as he could ... nothing more ... all he seemed to want was a quick trip to the pawn shop.

    He noticed the Holy Warrioress and tiny, even to him, Druid returning, he breathed a little easier. Perhaps the ironclad woman would reign Fistar in and keep him in check. The advent of another, behind those he already knew caused him to surreptitiously scan the stranger. From under lowered brow he noted carefully the crease of pants, boots and their shine, another elf, from the size of the feet and light imprint they left on the road.
    Last edited by Edonil; 2007-08-18 at 06:14 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jeggred Von's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I live under your bed.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    You all stable your horses, and as you walk back o the Inn, you see the tall lamps that dot the streets begin to be lit by the lamplighter's guild. Slowly the city falls under the blanket of dusk and the city is aglow in he evening sky. You move past those rushing to get hom or whereever, and make it back into the Sleeping Centaur. The barkeep smiles at your return and gives a few kind words as he wipes the same spot on the bar down six or seven hundred times.The taproom is jumping. full with people to the point of having to twist around a few people to get to the stairwell. It doesn't take long to see there will be people down here for quite a while.

    You get your keys from him and move up into theupstairs section of the inn/tavern and walk to your rooms. There are two rooms, across the hall from each other and they are at the end of the hallway. Your belongings have be taken up to the rooms respectively and the items carefully placed by the door by unseen hands.

    You all stand in the hallways, looking back and forth and decide who sleeps where.


    ooc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (decide who is sleping where and we'll carry on from here...)






    Last edited by Jeggred Von; 2007-08-27 at 12:42 PM.

    Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    bluenihil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Jessamyn

    The paladin wasted no time in staring at closed doors, but stepped around the baggage to peer into first one room, then the other. After only a moment's thought, she hefted her bags off the floor and carried them into the rightward room.

    Dropping her belongings near the table, she moved to check the windows--their locks, the ease of opening, what they looked out upon--before bothering to take in the rest of the room. Whoever else entered after her could choose their bed first.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Bunny~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Etsia

    Etsia didn't even look at the rooms. Instead she watched the tall woman with green sharp eyes like a little hawk. When she walked into the one on the right, she followed immediately and without a second thought hopped on the bed nearest to the window and outdoors. She frowned a little at the whole bed notion, set her bag on it, moved around, tried if it bounced, poked at the pillows, peered under the mattress... eventually she stopped and joined Jessamyn at the window.

    "Can we open it? It's hard to breathe in here and the hawk cannot come in if it's closed."
    She knocked on the glass and pressed her nose against it.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tsol's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Fistar

    The wood elf shrugged, one room is as good as the other to him. He watched the paladin and the wild elf choose the right most room, he looked at the dark elves contemplating. Fistar wondered if he should keep an eye on the one carrying the map, nibbling his lower lip in indecision. He had heard so many rumors about the dark elves in general, maybe it would be safest to stay with the paladin for the moment, until he got the feel for these dark elves.

    He glanced at the wild elf, watching her forlornly looking out the window. He chuckled, making a decision, he grabbed his bags and tossed them on the bed nearest to the door, he walked up to the window, "Here let me help you with this. " He glanced at the catch noting how it worked, his mind working out ways of opening it from the outside, he then released the catch and opened the window. "There you go, my friend." looking at the wild elf, "I'm assuming you will be sleeping by the window. Do call out if you feel that some one is about to enter thru that way. " he chuckled, "I remebered when ..." Fistar continued chatting about a time when while sleeping with a window open a friend snucked in and placed water bowls around his bed. As he chatted he went to the bed closest to the door and checked his baggage before placing them on the floor, he took out a dagger and placed under his pillow before flopping onto the bed with his hands behind his head.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jeggred Von's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    I live under your bed.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    The rooms are comfy. Not too greatly furnished...but Comfy. Three small beds in each, footlockers for those who stay a bit longer, each one has a key hanging from an open lock. a small round table with three backless stoll under it is the only other remaining piece of furniture other than some old, dusty drapes, nailed to the wall above the window.

    The window frame is about 2 foot wide and 3 foot tall.(60 cm x 91cm) the wood is thick , old and worn. The window is nice and sturdy, no wory of it breaking, but the building itself smells of age. Not must and dust, but just...aged wood. There are three lanterns around each the rooms, and lighting sticks.

    Fistar opens the window with much pressur and defiance from the warped and aged wood, but finally the window slides up without problem. the smell of the ocean can be found on the wind and the air sends a nice breeze through your room and down into the hall.

    Ancient Kingdoms Campaign Sourcebook: Available Now!
    Ancient Kingdoms - Gothmoor: Nation of Shadows : In Progress

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Bunny~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Etsia

    Etsia grinned and almost bounced up and down a little. Then she poked her head out of the window and let out a shrill hawk-shriek. In a moment her companion flew down and settled to perch on the window sill, peering inside, obviously dubious.

    The wild elf ran her fingers over the hawk's feathers lightly, mimicking grooming, and turned to beam at the wood elf. "Thanks!" Then she looked up at the tall woman. "I think it can sleep here. It'll wake up and be very angry if anything tries to come in..." It was obvious the hawk would not want to come further in than the window sill.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    bluenihil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Jessamyn


    As Fistar rambled, the paladin pondered the window as if trying to decide the best way to cram a chatterbox through it.

    She blinked at the screech from the wild elf, and stepped back respectfully as the hawk landed on the sill. "If it's comfortable there, I think that's acceptable," she said. "We can open the other window as well. Do you want the corner bed with both windows?"

    Expecting the answer to be yes, she moved already to place her gear by the middle bed. Slinging the greatsword and its long strap from her back, she placed it across the foot of the bed and perched there, facing away from Fistar as she tugged at the buckles on her banded armor.

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Bunny~'s Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Etsia

    Etsia nodded enthusiastically at the tall woman's question about beds -- the one near both the windows was almost tolerable for being indoors. She groomed the hawk for a while still, then hopped on her bed and after a while of inspection and seemingly random blanket removal and replacement, was more or less nested within the big blankets like a little bird. She nodded again, in some sort of half-approval and then flopped down and closed her eyes. It had been a strange and exciting day for a small wild elf and she was soon asleep.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Edonil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    KILZIR

    Kelzir watched quietly as the variety of people invaded the right hand room. Noticing the odd sort of hesitancy the dagger wielder displayed, before following the small elf. There was an inward frown, because of it. They'd drawn attention, possibly unwanted attention, from that one. And his intermittent harping on the map his Mistress held, was enough to set the alarms off in his head again.

    Without a word, he lifted his and Zarraema's things, and moved into the unoccupied room. Setting their parcels down, he moved to the center bed and tested it to see how firm it was, the softness, the feel of the blankets. After satisfying himself, he then performed the same task on the bed closest to the window.

    With a slight frown, he pulled the mattress from the center bed and set it on the floor, then lifted the one from the far corner bed and set it on empty frame. With a small effort, he then lifted the mattress from the floor and placed it on top of the one he'd just moved. With efficiency and precision born of decades of performance, he covered and neatly arranged the coverings for the maximum of comfort.

    He stood, surveying his work for a short time, again frowning. The distaste blatantly evident that the bedding was so crude. With a slight sigh, he then turned to their bags and knelt at the center chest. He removed various articles, placing them within the container for easier access. Stacking things neatly, or setting other items around breakables to protect them.

    His last endeavor was to go to the window, and peer at what the view was like. Noticing how close the next building was, if there were windows across from them. Any possible handholds or odd outcroppings of random things. He checked the latch, ensuring it's ease or difficulty of release. Opening the latch, he determined if it was an upward or downward opening window then made sure it was shut tightly and latched again. Pulling a dagger from a boot, he wedged it into the window frame in order to hold the latch in place now that it was set properly.

    When he finally finished his work, he moved himself toward the center of the room, midway between the bed and chest. He surveyed his work, taking note of the items in the room. Finally, he lowered himself back onto his knees to await his Mistress' entrance and opinion of their sleeping accommodations.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Zarrae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Zarraema:
    (Map - still tucked into her gauntlet/sleeve)

    She slipped into the door and watched Kelzir work in a self-reproaching haze. How could I let him continue like this? I thought I'd left that life behind me. Dark Lady, how can I ask his forgiveness? Violet eyes followed his every movement, letting memories of their century or so together flitter by; every harsh word, every bitter strike of the scourge, every ... everything.

    When he finally knelt to await her orders, she knelt in front of him and let her chin rest on her chest as she avoided his eyes. Her shoulders sagged with the guilt of her past and her voice barely managed to push past the weight, "Kelzir, have I lead you to believe that you are obligated to remain with me now that we are both ..free?"

    Original Artwork by: -Mo-

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Tsol's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Fistar

    Fistar layed on the bed and was amazed on how the wild elf had called the hawk to the window. He watched the paladin moved thru the room and then choose the center bed placing her large sword at the foot of the bed. He grew silent and watched the paladin commenced to unbuckle her armor.

    The wild elf continued preening the hawk, with a delightful look on her face before nodding to the paladin on the choice of beds. After a time she hopped on to her bed, rearranging it into a nest. He chuckled and wondered if she would sprout wings soon.

    His mind turned the dark elves as heard the movement outside, he glanced at the open door and watched the two dark elves entered the other room. The wood elf wondered briefly what had finally driven out these dark elves into the light. The male was obviously a servant or slave of the female. He grimmaced slightly, why would anyone submit themselves that way. He sighed and glanced at the Jessamyn, briefly wondering what she was wearing under her armor.

    "Well, I should see about getting a refund for the one night that we aren't staying here," he said as he swung his legs around on the bed and placed them on the floor. "I'll go do that now." Sliding his hand under his pillow he retrieve his dagger and sheaved it.

    Fistar checked to see if he had still had the key and then walked out the door and head down the stairs to the tavern. Once he got there he went to the bartender and explained to him that they had decided that they would be only staying the one night, not the two as they had previously thought.
    "The rooms are under the name of Kelzir." he smiled at the bartender.
    Last edited by Tsol; 2007-09-01 at 10:12 PM.
    Fistar
    Talk is cheap.
    Cheap is good

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    bluenihil's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Gothmoor IC (purple)

    Jessamyn

    Jessamyn pulled her armor off bit by bit, exposing the padded tunic and trousers beneath. Nothing interesting for any rogues to see, at least at the moment. She checked over her armor automatically, examining it for rust or damage; remembering the rain earlier, she fetched supplies from her pack and worked over each piece.

    All of this was done quietly, briskly. Finishing, she organized the armor carefully beside the bed--away from the window in case of a midnight squall--and set her Tormite tabard next to it. Reaching back, she tugged the clips from her hair and pulled it down.

    Once undone from its coil of braids, the paladin's platinum hair was extremely long--impractically so, falling almost to her knees. With brush and comb, she worked the full length of it slowly. Her green gaze roamed back and forth between the door and windows, slightly-pointed ears attuned to the sounds of the tavern below and the streets outside.

    Finishing the brushwork, she divided the strands and expertly began reweaving the long braid.
    Last edited by bluenihil; 2007-09-01 at 05:53 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •