New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: My character lost his world, what to do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Haveatya View Post
    Thanks for the responses. My Knight is the very true Knight type. Follows everything to the letter, it works out with our current party comp of cleric, paly, and wizard. He's similar to a barristan selmy type. Anyhow, I'm not 100% sure that they are dead but the Kings men certainly burnt that place to the ground and haven't heard of my family since. How could someone with such a code directly work against the king...? :L
    Loyalty works both ways. Every Knight/Paldin code I've read has the servant loyal to the master as the master is loyal to the servant. If the master breaks his end of the bargain, the knight is freed from his end. So pick one of Red Fel's suggestions, or come up with one of your own. But your knight's duty to the king ends as soon as he discovers the king's treachery. You may choose to still be loyal to the kingdom, but no longer to the king.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Loyalty works both ways. Every Knight/Paldin code I've read has the servant loyal to the master as the master is loyal to the servant. If the master breaks his end of the bargain, the knight is freed from his end. So pick one of Red Fel's suggestions, or come up with one of your own. But your knight's duty to the king ends as soon as he discovers the king's treachery. You may choose to still be loyal to the kingdom, but no longer to the king.
    Yup.

This really can end only with either your PC or the king dead at the other's hand.

Depending on the setting and the DM's connivance, if you *don't* seek vengeance, you may have some furies after you as well.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

By all means, though, verify what's going on and what has truly happened and who is behind it before embarking on a bloody campaign of regicide.

Evil Viziers do sometimes do this sort of thing in order to get someone else to kill the king for them, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide