New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cooking styles: what type of food do you cook?

I hesitate to say we do anything but Norwegian cooking authentically, knowing how much '[insert ethinicity]' cuisine tends to differs between land of origin and wherever you live, for reasons of available ingredients if nothing else.
    We do a couple different 'Tex-Mex' dishes, some 'Italian' dishes, some 'Indian' dishes, some 'Thai' dishes, some 'Greek' dishes (from an actual cookbook written by a Greek, and all the recipes are drowning in olive oil, so it's probably genuine ), half of one Tanzanian dish, the odd 'French' dish, a whole bunch of indeterminate stuff we cobbled together on our own and a smattering of what I assume are American dishes.
    Last edited by BWR; 2016-05-16 at 12:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

My dad and I just bought a deep fryer. We've been frying everything. We're making chimichangas for dinner tonight.
    Many thanks to Kris On A Stick for use of the avatar!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

I like baking with protein powder. :)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

I suck at cooking. In general, my diet is about 60-70% pasta. Sometimes I cook meat. Rarely I boil potatoes. My main problem is calculating how much food I actually need. I don't like wasting things, and pasta can be stored pretty much indefinitely, so I buy a lot of it. I used to make soups, but I stopped - I simply forgot about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).