New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [DragonsITP] Dragons, Dragons Everywhere! Redux - IC

Hello! Welcome to the Dragons, Dragons Everywhere! RP, where everyone plays a dragon.

A brief introduction of the world we're going to play in:
    Spoiler: Introduction
    Show
    The continent of Latium is a wild, and diverse place. Despite the presence of civilization spanning for a few millennia, much of the continent remain wild and unexplored.

Of the three Great Powers on the continent, the Commonwealth straddles the north-eastern coast of the land. In theory, it lays claim to much of the eastern portion of the continent, but its sway over the land extends only as far as its legionnaires. The Commonwealth’s main capital city is Highhaven, located strategically at the conflux of two rivers: the Evergreen and the Everblue, with the main port city of Seacross located right at the mouth of the Everblue. Together with the city of Phrecia, the Phrecian Plains in between these three main cities are considered the heartlands of the Commonwealth. The Commonwealth exists in an uneasy state with the natural order of the land, with significant amount cleared for industry, or farming purposes.

Once the foremost power of the continent, the Conclave of Elves saw their influence and power decline with the rise of the young races. Officially, the Conclave of Elves do not rule over any territory, and are seen by most elves as mostly a peacekeeping force. The rise of humans has led elves to be pushed away from the eastern portion of the land, and they’re now mostly confined to the west. As a result, the Conclave now effectively acts as the military of what’s left of the elven race. The city of Eliandor and its environs is where the high elves make their home, while the wood elves live in small villages, located mainly in the intact forests that still exists in the western part of the continent. Dark elves co-exist with gnomes underground, throughout the continent, though they do not consider themselves officially part of the Conclave.

The mercantile Consortium is smallest of the Great Powers, mainly centered around the great dwarven city of Hammerfall. It also maintains “guilds” in various cities of the land, and their law extends to the lands owned by this guild. It is not uncommon to see a Consortium enclave within a major city, be it human or elven. It has cordial relationships with the other dwarven cities in the continent.

Outside (and sometimes inside) the nominal borders of these major powers, lies a bewildering array of small independent nations, led by an equally bewildering array of kings, prophets, high chiefs, lord mayors and presidents that rise and fall with startling speed. Wars are frequent between these minor powers, with each other, and occasionally, skirmishing with the major powers at else. (Usually to the detriment of the minor).

And what of dragons? As old as the continent itself, dragons have always played a major role in shaping its history. When the world was young, the dragons ruled supreme over the younger races. Many a dragon had tried ruling over the continent itself, though most attempts do not last beyond a few decades, with control often lost due to rival dragons, or rebellions. The last Great Dragon Empire was overthrown by the then nascent Conclave of Elves, and no dragon since has tried to attempt such an audacious task. On a smaller scale, dragons have been known to rule over lesser kingdoms as well, sometimes in their mighty winged form, others in the guise of their subjects. Political intrigue isn’t unknown to these noble beasts as well.

And a map (that would be updated when I have the time):
    Spoiler: Map
    Show

OOC thread is here, along with any relevant links that might be handy.

Have fun roleplaying!
    Last edited by Grif; 2016-04-28 at 10:37 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DragonsITP] Dragons, Dragons Everywhere! Redux - IC

Zarakkan
    Dragons, they are noble and powerful beasts. They are powerful and have shaped the course of Latium, the tale of this particular dragon-
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!! HELP ME!"
    Zarakkan shouted as he flies away from a village mob brandishing pitchforks at him
    "Stay away from our crops you dern dragon!!"
    -is about being chase by villagers? wha?
    "I don't see why your so angry!"
    He said as he kept flying from them
    "I was just trying to upgrade your scarecrows! Make them super-scarecrows, kill any crows that come for your crops, as well as blast fire at any potential locust swarms! mobility! the best scarecrows anyone ever made! But now you interrupted that and now all they will ever do is dance. That is what your village will forever be named now: The Village of Dancing Scarecrows. All because I was just starting on the appropriate rituals to enchant them but you just had to be ignorant and attack me just for casting a few enchantments without telling you."
    He wondered what "Village of Dancing Scarecrows" would be in draconic. Probably Kalastrabopfimilgar, that was the translation. He was trying to help, and really didn't mean any harm to anyone. Well. aside from crows and locusts. Stupid little flying things, thinking they can share the skies with a dragon. Wait, why wasn't he just flying higher into the air again?

His zig-zagging train of thought is interrupted by being hit in the head with a rock.
    "Oooooow! Stop that! I had an important thought I needed to think! I think it was something about me living? What was I supposed to do again for that?"
    It was either something involving wings or inventing a scarecrow to protect himself with. He didn't want to hurt them after all. Maybe some other dragon will come along and help him with this predicament?
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Zarakkan
    Swish. An impossibly fast blur of gold passes overhead.
    Swosh. The blur turns around and heads back, now visible as a lean, golden dragon, a bit bigger than a large horse and he lands with an oddly soft thud between Zarakkan and the angry mob.

"Well, well, well, what have we got going on here, huh? Got a real ruckus happening! You lot have some pretty big balls, going after a dragon."

The gold dragon turns to the other dragon.

"And you must have really pissed these bumpkins off if they're coming after you. What'd do, pillage their lands? Kidnap their children? Drink all their ale?"
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2016-04-24 at 03:33 PM.
    Just "John" is fine.

Credit to Edwin for the awesome orc avatar.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Zarakkan
    "What I did was I looked at their scarecrows see? and I was like "hm, what if scarecrows could do more than scare crows away? What if they could KILL crows? and" and so I started casting my enchantments to try and make them into animate locust and crow destroying scarecrows, and when they were all mobile, the villagers suddenly started attacking me and interrupted my enchantments to help them, and now the scarecrows will just dance forever."
    "He made the scarecrows come to LIFE! that dragon is a WITCH!"
    "that and dragons eat a lot! He was near our crops! We ain't gonna feed any witch dragon!"
    "I don't see the problem, I was just casting a few spells out of nowhere without explanation to make the scarecrows come to life and become crow and locust killing machines to protect your food. Just. y'know. Randomly kind like that. I'm sure anyone else would've done the same in my position."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Zarakkan
    "So let's see if I've got this..."
    The gold dragon looks at the mob.
    "So this dragon helped you, or tried anyway..."
    He looks at Zarakkan.
    "...By performing scary enchantments without permission."
    Looks back at the mob.
    "Look folks, how about this, we do this smart. You unarmed farmers leave the exceedingly powerful magic, witch-dragon to me..."
    The gold dragon gives Zarakkan a quick wink.
    "...and you instead fight the weak, straw-filled scarecrows, how's that sound?"
    Just "John" is fine.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Zarakkan, Gold Dragon and the mob
    Fortunately, the mob was only half-stupid.
    "...Makes sense. Lets go catch em scarecrows and beat em until they stop dancing and get back to their jobs! Stupid dragons, disrupting our lives"
    As they begin to walk back grumbling, Zarakkan turns to the gold dragon
    "....Y'know, they may be bumpkins but they do have a point that many dragons disrupt peoples lives and whatnot. It was why I was running in the first place. Sure they may not be a threat to me, but they don't need some crazy steam dragon ruining their lives if they don't like what I'm doing. Thanks though. By the way, whats your name? Mine is Zarakkan, and I'm a dragon inventor!"
    Please don't let his name start with "Aur", he had enough of the Eleven Clans nonsense the last time he gone near Mount Draco, and his experience with gold dragons of the Aur Clan was that they were all greedy merchant types, not just hoarding gold but having guilds and companies to make more money in smarter ways than just stealing it. A clan of dragon merchant princes basically. He was out here to get AWAY from them thank you very much.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Enter Taisa
    The gold dragon shrugs.
    "Meh. Countryside was geting boring and you looked like you needed the help. And hey, stability is overrated; can't make things better without disrupting things first, right? Anyway, I'm Taisa the Messenger, Taisa to my friends. I'll leave you to figure out my occupation yourself. You seem pretty sharp."
    Taisa eyes the path away from the village and stretches his wings.
    "So where are you headed, Zarakkan? Might be a good idea to get some distance on these bumpkins while we talk."
    Just "John" is fine.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Taisa and Zarakkan
    Oh good, not apart of Aur Clan! As for his occupation, hm, only messages? delivery? But he was a dragon, he could lift and deliver far more than that, but then again he was clearly smaller than Zarakkan though not by much, about the size of a horse compared to his size of a car, so perhaps he delivered lots of things at once or something who knows. Delivery dragon. How useful.
    "Well see Taisa, I'm more of a "journey" kind of dragon rather than destination kind of one. Its not about where I'm going to, but that I go and see things. However! I do have general things I'd like to get to. Like someplace to make a lab, so I can start hoarding books and machine parts, y'know knowledge and technology, make things from them, that sort of thing."
    He takes off the same time Taisa does
    "Honestly I'm not even sure where I am. Where did I put my compass and map? I swear I'd lose my own head if it weren't attached to me...."
    He seen that kind of problem with the Absent-Minded Headless Horseman. Nice guy, but he literally forgot where his own head was and Zarakkan had to get it back to him. But that was a tale for another day.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Deep into the forests...long into the swamps, and far out to sea, long before it could be seen, it could be heard. A heavy clang...a massive belch of fire, and the roar of a dragon's breath...the great volcano, Veridao Crio was being noisy, and for good reason. The Iron Keeper was at work, the sword slowly taking shape in his claws as he took hammer and claw to the nearly white hot metal. Cavoraei was in his element.

His massive, wingless draconic form shadowed the many kobolds that ran around him, each at work on smaller pieces of their own work, or others bringing materials for use. The great dragon lifted the lump of slowly shaping metal and blasted it with his blue flames, once again making it white hot as he bent back to working it into form.

As he worked, a whelpling kobold looked down from on top of his head, watching his work with a glimmer of wonder in his eyes.

"You may not have my fire, young one, but you too can work wonder with metal. Watch your family around you, for all can contribute to our art!"

Outside, the mountain nearly glowed from one of the many vents, as it was releasing a small lava flow in the dead of the night. Cavoraei rarely stuck to any particular schedule, and so neither did his kobolds, minus those that kept guard, of course.

The sandbar that led to this mountainous volcano was partly lit from the lava flow, but thankfully was itself devoid of the hot danger, and could easily be traversed by any who were to visit.
    Last edited by sildra45; 2016-04-24 at 11:33 PM.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Taisa and Zarakkan
    Taisa takes off and flies alongside Zarakkan, flying slower than usual to keep pace with him.
    "Ha! Zarakkan, you're a dragon after my own heart! Never been much of a destination dragon myself, either. It's why I decided on carrying messages: lots of travel. I mean, if travelling is what I would be doing anyway, I figured I might as well get paid for it as long as I drop off some letters and such."
    Taisa flies closer to Zarakkan and leans over to look at his map, not 100% sure on where he was either. Stopping had really messed with his rhythm, and these countrysides all look the same after a while.
    "So what are you looking for in a lab location, then? I assume if you could just settle down and set up shop anywhere, you would have done so by now, yes?"
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2016-04-25 at 03:39 AM.
    Just "John" is fine.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Taisa and Zarakkan
    He narrows his red eyes.
    "Well actually I've tried to settle down about three times by now. But my lab kept getting destroyed. By this jerk, named Kirnarraz, a black dragon, jealous of my inventing talents and so of course wants to kill me and prove he is somehow a greater inventor, and is kinda my archenemy, so of course I fight back and try to get rid of him, but he has an unfortunate tendency to survive things that should kill him."
    Zarakkan scratches his head at the map as they both look at it. Which nation was this again? He knew he was far away from Mount Draco which was his intention, and he probably wasn't among one of the Three Great Powers, it was kind of obvious when you were in those. How was it obvious? You'll see. They weren't the most powerful three on the continent for nothing. So where WERE they?
    "He doesn't come back for a while though. Always has to take time building stuff to throw at me. Though if you stick around long enough, you might see him after all. You will know when, Kirnarraz is not the most subtle of dragons in the world."
    Hm, if his memory was good he went through THAT nation there....and then that one....and he was pretty sure the Village of Dancing Scarecrows had a certain cultural look of THIS one.... so meaning...this nation that they were probably in....had a volcano in it? That could be useful as a landmark. the blue dragon flies higher to get a better look farther and soon sees it.
    "Aha! I think I know where we are, we are near that volcano over there! What was it called ....Veridao Crio? according to this map....in the nation of watchmacallit...."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Northwest Coast of Latium]

Somewhere in the northwest, located where many geography experts generally considered smack-dab in the middle of absolutely nowhere, there lay a small, insignificant fishing village. Most of it had settled at the edge of a large cliff, with the docks placed at the cliff bottom, all for reasons best described as "it seemed like a good idea at the time". It was a quiet little backwater, isolated from the rest of the land; even the tax collectors didn't usually bother to show up.

All in all, not a place Kiadre found particularly enjoyable.

Right now, the water dragon was looking over a tiny selection of books, mostly consisting of hymnals. "Can you seriously not find any more?" she asked one of the villagers.

"Look, dragon lady," said the villager, "this isn't a library. Half of us can't even read."

"Isn't that fabulous. I suppose there's no chance of establishing a school here or anything, either."

"Why would we need that? We've got boats, nets, line... What we do is catch fish. We don't need fancy education or such."

"Don't you ever get bored of that? Don't you ever want something more from life than just fishing all day?"

"No. Why would we?"

Kiadre sighed. This week was going to be a long one.

[West-Southwest Swamps of Latium]

Under the cover of darkness, two small dragons flew over the murky waters, clearly in quite a hurry.

"Are you sure you know where we're going, Smoketail?" asked Sparkwing.

"It's more a matter of where we're not going," said Smoketail. "I think we've lost them for now, at least."

"But we could lose ourselves as well. I can't see any landmarks."

"We'll worry about that later. Right now, our first priority is staying alive, then finding allies. We can worry about our home later."

"If you say so. But I still don't like this."

"Yes, you've made that clear. Just keep flying, all right?"

After a few hours of aimless travel, the pair spotted a light in the distance, and heard the sound of ocean waves.

"Huh. What do you think that is?"

"I don't know. Do you think those creatures can swim?"

"Not very well, I'd expect."

"Then I don't think it's more of them. Maybe we can take a closer look?"

"I guess. It's a start, at least."

Thus, the two little dragons approached the light of Veridao Crio, unsure of where they were going, but confident that they'd at least made it somewhere.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

As the dragons in flight, in more ways than one, approached the great volcano, they'd soon find themselves over, or upon, the sand bar that led to the tall mountainous landmark. The steady but seemingly gentle glow of the magma leaking from a vent left the sandbar in an orange hue. The sounds of his and the kobolds work still ringing out into the night.

The peninsula it sat upon was made of nothing but the sand, and a close look might reveal to anyone knowledgeable about such things that the tides sometimes washed over the beach, possibly leaving the volcano to appear to rise out of the very ocean behind it.

Where the sandbar meets the mountain, there appear to be a massive pair of doors, tall enough to make most human castles look like a child's playhouse. It would take a massive dragon indeed to have trouble with these doors.

And it was this mass that would make the four armored Kobolds standing sentry appear even smaller than they usually did. The dark steel coloration only slightly showing some green within it...a trademark of the dragon smith that resided here.

A closer look in the dim glow of the mountain would easily reveal that the faces of the kobolds had some streaks of silver in their otherwise muddy colored scales. Further proof that they were not your average kobolds.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Northwest Coast of Latium]
    Meanwhile!
    Kabus is on the prowl.

The dragon Kabus is about the size of a large dog. Her scales are as black as night and her feathers a deep purple. She hangs halfway up the cliff, staring down at the docks. She watches the fish struggling in the nets, the fish being tossed from the boat to the docks, the gills move up and down desperate for water. It's hypnotizing, as if the fish are calling her and begging to be eaten. The way the fish's muscles cause it to squirm and flop around, and the knowledge that the fish are in their last moments of life. . .

There's only one problem between Kabus and her meal: all the people working. They're too close to the fish.

She moves downwards on the cliff, to better smell the dying fish. Delicious. Intoxicating. She waits a little longer, for the fish to suffer more: they taste better that way. Soon, however, she can't wait any longer. She spreads her wings, and dives off the side of the cliff. She reaches the docks, and successfully lands near a net full of fish.

A fisher shouts at her and moves to shoo her away from the fish. To protect herself, Kabus breathes despair and misery into the fisher, causing him to collapse in sadness. In fact, she might as well do this to all the humans around her, to give her time to feast. Circling around, she breathes this darkness into everyone too near.

She doesn't have much time, though. She quickly tears through the net with her foreclaws, and takes as many disease-ridden bites into the fish as possible. Her window of safety is almost up, so she takes one last bite into the pile of fish, as large as she can. Then, she scampers down the dock trying to get away from all the shouters, as quickly as possible.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Zarakkan and Taisa
    Taisa makes a confused face.
    "But wouldn't killing you just prove he's the better murderer, not the better inventor?"
    Taisa shrugs and motions to Zarakkan's harness and weapons.
    "Guess that explains why you're so heavily armed though."
    Following Zarakkan to higher altitudes, Taisa too, looks around for landmarks, finding Veridao Crio at the same time as Zarakkan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    "Aha! I think I know where we are, we are near that volcano over there! What was it called ....Veridao Crio? according to this map....in the nation of watchmacallit...."
    "The Conclave. Or close enough to it, I suppose. It's right on the border. Kind of. It's not really a nation, the Conclave just represents elves as a whole whenever there's something that affects, well, elves as a whole. The rest of the time, the elves just kinda do what they want. Elves are weird that way, makes it hard to nail down exactly where their borders are. Hell, a whole lot of my messenger work was just settling border disputes between the Conclave and basically everyone else.

Always wanted to see Veridao Crio up close, though. Heard some crazy stories about that place. You up for a little adventure, Zarakkan?"
    Just "John" is fine.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Zarakkan and Taisa
    "Jealousy and Envy have never been the most logical of things. Greed in general isn't logical, as its basically an over-developed hoarding instinct that doesn't know when to stop. Though think about it from the point of view of say....a general. War drives invention, always has. Arms races being the most obvious so, he thinks he is in some arms race to create a weapon that can kill me see? The side with the better weapons wins. Because form a certain point of view, You can always measure how technologically advanced a civilization is by how spectacularly they can destroy themselves with their own toys."
    He narrows his eyes.
    "Yeah, elves, weirdoes the lot of them. Can never quite figure them out...and yes I am always up for adventure! Except for ones involving prophecies my dear Taisa, always stay away from prophecies, those things are dangerous."
    Let foolish mortals with pretty swords deal with Prophecy Foolishness. Stupid mortals with their stupid chosen ones, thinking they are so cool when they are just trapping themselves in foretold or self-fulfilling idiocy. He flies down to Veridao Crio and lands down upon its sandbar, looking at the door and the kobolds
    "Hello little ones! This place seems inhabited and me this other dragon Taisa a tad lost don'cha know, well not anymore technically since we think this is Veridao Crio, or Crio for short I suppose?I'm Zarakkan by the way and what is that banging sound? Is that blacksmithing? My keen inventor intuition is telling me that it is. And the make of your armor is clearly high quality, very well done, may I ask who made it? Is it the person working right now? Can I go see them? I don't want to intrude but if the person can point to any good lair spots aside from this one that would be really appreciated, because you wouldn't believe what happened to my other ones...."
    His babbling curiosity. Its overwhelming!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Veridao Crio]

Smoketail took a long look over the volcanic fortress, assessing it and its defences. "One major entryway. Highly defensible, but easily blocked off. I'm guessing the inhabitants have a good store of supplies inside, at the very least."

"In a volcano? Isn't that dangerous?"

"Not if you're heat-tolerant."

"Hmm..." Sparkwing took another look. "I'd guess they are, then. At least it doesn't look like the violently explosive type..."

At this point, Smoketail noticed a couple of alarmingly fast things flying in their general direction. "Something's coming! Get down!"

With no other hiding place in sight, the two little dragons leapt into the shallow water on either side of the sandbar, then waited until the fliers had passed them by before coming out again.

"What were those, anyway?" asked Sparkwing.

"I don't know," said Smoketail as she shook herself dry. "They looked sort of like us, but bigger."

"Maybe they're the great ones we've heard stories about?"

"They might be. Let's get a closer look. Carefully, though."

Using whatever cover they could find, the two small dragons crept toward the fortress to assess the situation there.

[Northwestern Coast Fishing Village]

Several screams were heard from below the cliff.

"Hmm... This is new." Kiadre sniffed the air a bit. "Ah, yes. You'll need to know more than fishing to deal with a spirit of abysmal despair, you know."

"Oh, stow it. It's probably just a kraken or something."

"No, krakens don't radiate black magic. Please excuse me."

Kiadre spread her wings and dove from the cliff. She planned to land on the pier below, but overshot and landed in the sea instead. After a moment, she resurfaced and observed the scene.

"No blood, no bruises, nothing harmed except the catch..." She shook her head. "Cease this ruckus, all of you. You had me thinking we were dealing with an actual threat rather than just a fish thief."

As the situation settled down, Kiadre looked around for signs of the creature that had caused this. The time it took her to get down, however, had likely given Kabus a good chance to make her escape already.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Gorimirden
    Under The Mountain

Gormirden have slept, lieing on his pile of gold. He didn't moved when the bunch of dwarves came to his cavern.
    All of them were scarred- in soul and body.
    The dwarf who led them, was young. His beard barely have covered his neck- he wore broken golden helmet- the helmet of the king.
    "Gormirden! Awaken! Me- Bogorf son of Eldarif summon thee!" He shouted.

The left head opened his eyes, while the other remained unphased.
    "What is it, young king?" He have asked.

"I'm here to tell you, that.. our deal is off. My people starving and so few have remained of us.. so we won't give you anymore tribute of Gold and Virgins."

Now the other head awakened, with their noseril widening and smoking.
    The right head grinned evily. "Very well. We'll eat YOU. Right now."
    The dwarves pulled their weapons.
    "Stop this, Den." Said the main head.
    He eyed the young king. "I CAN destroy what ever left of your stupid kingdom," He said,

The King looked at him. "Yes, you might. But if we will give you such tributes as before, we will simply perish slower. We prefer to die soon at battle by a noble dragon, then by the coward claws of starvation."

Gormirden. "I see. I guess I'll have to do something about it."
    "Eat them?" the right head have offered.
    "No. We will save our kingdom. On the long run we need this kingdom to be rich and well."

The King bowed. "We'l.. wait."

Gormirden roared, he gotten up, streching. "Very well. I'll go find something to save you." He said and with his monstrouse fore claws started to dig his way- almost as fast as flying
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Zarakkan and Taisa do Veridao Crio
    "Feh, from what I know of the Kith races, any who could actually see the future would simply find a card game somewhere and make a killing. I reckon that "prophets" just like to hear themselves talk."

Taisa doesn't land at the same time as Zarakkan, instead flying a quick circle around the volcano for a better look, touching down just as Zarakkan finishes his verbal tsunami.

"Hi there, I'm Taisa and this is Zarakkan, in case my friend neglected to mention that. He's very excitable.

Taisa briefly leans in close to Zarakkan.
    "Don't touch their scarecrows."
    Just "John" is fine.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Colossus in the Playground

Hektirithir

Several more brushes and the last of the dirt was cleaned away. Hektirithir stood around a stone concave disc set into a depression in the ground. The light gold dragon himself was covered in dirt as he had spent the last hour or so wiping it away as the vast majority of the dirt had been brushed away. He was only able to find this device from the landmarks depicted in a tomb he had entered a week ago. One depicting the location of a Wayfinder. An ancient structure built hundreds of years ago. Navigation was poor at the time, so physical, artificial landmarks were used. So long as its users had excellent senses of direction. They aren't uncommon, any explorer who spends any good amount of time around the wilderness might find one, but this one. This one was different. It pointed to many different long-destroyed towns and cities, but there was one secret.

Referenced only in vague murals is an ancient citadel. A garrison. An indomitable fortress of last resort. Should the Wayfinders' builders, the Kallian Dwarves fall to invasion, they are to return to the Citadel and take up arms and make their final stand. However corruption and decadence did more to the Kallians than any invading army ever could, and the Dwarven kingdom ended not with a bang but with wimpers. Those who even know about the Citadel died centuries ago or simply regarded it as myth.

But Hektirithir knew better. Every myth has a basis in fact. And the fact is that the Kallians equipped the Citadel with the expectation of defending it from the army to end all armies. Who knows what sort of powerful magical artifacts or lost super-weapons were inside?

The problem is that the dais doesn't simply disclose the location. It needed...persuasion. Fortunately the murals were quite clear on that. A specially cut gemstone, when the sun was at its peak, would focus light into a dish on the disc, a small indentation. It would absorb the light, and the hidden arrow would light itself, revealing the way to the Citadel! Fortunately, the tomb Hektirithir explored previously was kind enough to relinquish such a gem. A spike of clear quartz.

Hektirithir held up the crystal spike. Unsure if he spent too much time clearing off the dirt from the indentations and the sun was not in the ideal position or not. Nevertheless, he didn't want to wait another day. Holding up the crystal, he could see the light bend through the spike, refracting, until it terminates in a beam of light that bursts from the point of the spike and just to the left of the dish! Adjusting the crystal's position slightly, the dragon is able to activate the dish. Hidden ornamental indentations light up from the center, continuing from one direction until it finally forms an arrow, pointing towards-

Is the ground shaking?

The disruption breaks the light refractions inside the disc. Hektirithir curses to himself. So distracted is he by trying to cement his orientation and direction in his memory towards the Citadel that he completely neglects to simply flutter into the air to avoid the apparent earthquake.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Gormirden

"I can't believe we are not punishing the little fools!" Den grumbled.
    Mir argued:"But they our allies! They need us!"
    Gor frowned from the other heads's argue while concetrating on digging. "And more importantly- we need the little vermins for a safe supply of gold and virgins to eat. We-" He have stopped. He sniffed the earth here. Most of the earth in the world was still virgin inside, untouched...
    But here... powerful things have been built and stated of this earth. The earth here, felt less naive. Exprienced... even challenging. This might be the key!

He started to dig toward the surface- in few minutes hydra like, dragon with four metalic wings bursted of the very earth. He was covered with mud and stones.
    The heads looked around- they haven't noticed yet the smaller dragon with their eyes.
    Mir roared. "I smell a dragon! A dragon invaded our new territory!"
    Den argued again. 'It's probably belong to him, we should be respectful..."
    Gor remained quite looking over the place.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-04-27 at 05:27 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Two of the Kobolds standing guard marched forward, in particular the pair carrying spears. Each of them bowed in turn before the one on the right spoke in a rather high pitched voice...even for a female kobold.

Welcome to Veridao Crio, home of the Iron Keeper, Cavoraei. Is this visit for business? The Smith is in the middle of a piece at this time, but visitors may enter freely so long as they are peaceful and stay within the corridors marked by silver lines upon the wall, and listen to any of the guard as the need arises."

A keen eyed creature would be able to note that while there only appeared to be these few guards...there were several more hidden all along the mountain face, the bare glint of their armor or weapons the only sign of any of them.

The second Kobold spoke, his voice almost as high as his fellow guard.

""We apologize for the guard force, but we've had many an...adventurer think they could pilfer from our mountain. They learned otherwise rather quickly."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Northwestern Coast Fishing Village]

Because Kabus can't actually fly (only glide/dive) and can't swim all that well, the small shadowy dragon realizes the only real way to escape is to scale the cliff again. Sure, she's pretty good at climbing, but sheer cliffs are never that easy.

She is about halfway up the cliff when she hears the large splash in the sea. Stopping in place, she turns her head around to see what it was. Then, she spots the Kiadre. There in the sea, it's...something larger than her. Also a dragon! Could probably eat her.

Although they're far away from each other, Kabus hisses at the water dragon. Hopefully that scares away the larger dragon. Yes, of course it did. Counting on it, she turns back up the cliff, and continues her ascent. Besides, the larger dragon is in the water still.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Veridao Crio
    "Oh come now, do they even they need or have scarecrows? This place looks very fortress-y, and the drive of Knowledge, Passion, and INVENTION cannot be bound! I come, I see, I invent! The fires of progress need to be fed to burn brightly!! And did I just feel a tremor? Probably nothing. By the way what do you think of these kobolds? Someone must have good resources to outfit them so well."
    He turned to the kobolds when they speak
    "Oh yes adventurers, bothersome lot those, killing people and taking their stuff. Worry not, I'm a traveler and Taisa here is a messenger. Much more respectable. Why I've had a few experiences with kith adventurers myself, thinking they could kill me for my scales, once I faced a crazy lone one who kept shouting at me in draconic while attacking with his axe, as if he expected something to happen when he shouted things like "Force". Real annoying. I killed him on the spot of course.

So don't worry, we're not going to take or try anything. Dragons more than anyone know the pain of adventurers showing up at your door and expecting to take everything not bolted down. This Cavoraei is clearly a fellow creator of things just like I judging by your well made armor and weaponry, while it would not do well for a messenger like Taisa to have a reputation for ransacking places in the middle of their deliveries, no? As for why we are here, hm, well technically we just wanted to find a landmark so that we weren't lost, but now that we're here, perhaps just some looking around, maybe a talk with this Cavoraei, just to sate our curiosity? Maybe learn something new, who knows right Taisa?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Veridao Crio
    "Well, just try not to touch anything you shouldn't, they seem pretty jumpy. And yes, the little guys are equipped pretty well. I've seen royal guards with lower quality gear. You'd need one hell of a smith to have pieces like that."
    Taisa stands by Zarakkan and (against his better judgment) let's the inventor do the talking. Keen eyes wandering, while Zarakkan expressed his verbosity, Taisa noticed several of the hidden kobold guards. Huh, there's a lot of these little fellas about, aren't there? Taisa looks straight at one of the hidden guards and waves a cheerful greeting. Taisa then turns back to the door guards.
    "Don't worry. I'm not going ruin my reputation just to swipe a bauble or something. I just want to take a look around."
    Last edited by JohnTheSavage; 2016-04-27 at 01:59 PM.
    Just "John" is fine.

26. - Top - End - #26

Gormirden & Hektirithir

Aaaagh!! The small light-gold dragon howled in horror. Not at the three-headed monster that had suddenly erupted out of the ground. His attention was focused on the disc, which as it was was ajar and off-point.

Nooo, nonononononono! He flew over to it, trying to press it down back on the ground, using his wings to create downward force, but it refused to move. Why would you do that?! He glared angrily at the larger three-headed dragon. Do you have any idea how hard it is to calibrate a Kallian Wayfinder? Oh Gods Above... He sighs, resting a claw on his muzzle in exascerbation. That is if I can even FIND the citadel...great. I'm back to square-one.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Den hissed and growled. "How dare you talking to me like that?!" His noserils got widened and black steam poured of them.

Gor frowned. "Have I done damage to the treasures of this place?" With a worry.

Mir bowed his long neck. "If this is the case I am sorry!" He said ashamed.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-04-27 at 05:28 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #28

Gormirden & Hektirithir

The reaction of the two heads helped calm Hektir's anger somewhat. Yes, you did damage something. He says as he releases his claws, allowing his body to slide down from the upturned surface of the dais. You've never seen a Kallian Wayfinder before? The ancient Kallians used them for navigating across the uninhabited expanses of their vast empire! This one in particular- Realizing he was just about to spill his secret about the Citadel, he snaps his muzzle shut.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Gormirden & Hektirithir

The reaction of the two heads helped calm Hektir's anger somewhat. Yes, you did damage something. He says as he releases his claws, allowing his body to slide down from the upturned surface of the dais. You've never seen a Kallian Wayfinder before? The ancient Kallians used them for navigating across the uninhabited expanses of their vast empire! This one in particular- Realizing he was just about to spill his secret about the Citadel, he snaps his muzzle shut.
    "I'v never had to leave my comfy cavern in the last 200 years," Gor muttered.
    Mir looked sad. "No... I never did. It does sound interesting~"
    Den:"This pipsqueak daring to talk to me like that?! Let's eat him! And get a rest for a year or two..." with a grumble.

Gor shaked his head. "No. I think I'v found someone usefull to me" he looked over the smaller dragon studying him.
    "I believe we can work together! The fate have arranged our meeting!" Mir said in friendly tone.
    "I'm hungry." Den whined.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-04-27 at 05:40 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #30

Gormirden & Hektirithir

As his sense and sensibilities returned to him, Hektir realized just what trouble he was in. Through no fault of his own, there was a much larger dragon, and one with three heads nontheless! Two pairs of wings, as well. At the very least, he didn't seem to be immediately aggressive, and at least one of their heads is remorseful about the situation. A big part of Hektir wanted to come out of this situation alive, but another smelled opportunity. Having another set of claws could be useful.

Gor could see a rather dirty dragon, physically covered in dirt and dust that comes from long before he arrived. The dragon's wings bristled at the attention. Yes. Um, let me explain.

You see, the Kallians relied on geographical landmarks for navigation, and as such created their own for travel and trade. At the height of their Empire, the Kallians became worried. Paranoid, for nothing achieves greatness without making enemies. Fearing their own demise, they created a fortress. A last bastion against which the remnants of their civilization would make their last stand against the armies of the world. This place is known only as the Citadel. It was intended to be ready as the last rallying-point of their civilization.

Though the Kallian Dwarves were utter fools. Corruption and decadence ended their Empire with a wimper. The Citadel, their greatest asset and secret, lay forgotten, and indeed nobody had ever seen or heard from since.

I was on the last leg of my journey of discovering this ancient citadel. This particular Wayfinder, when activated, supposedly opens the way. I had only just activated it when you, erhm, arrived.

Now...I THINK I know the direction the Citadel is. All we have to do is to go there.

Now I don't know what's there. It could be treasure, could be just a bunch of weapons that rusted into uselessness centuries ago, could be nothing. But i've been all over the place looking for clues, and i'm not about to give up now!
    He stomps the ground with a foreleg in determination as he seems to gain his confidence back, talking about this.

What ever it is we find, I want us beforeclaw to agree that we're partners. We split the findings. Hektir wasn't quite certain about that arrangement, but he said it nontheless, and probably figured that he would value gold or gems more than magical or historical artifacts. Is that fair?