New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DragonsITP] Dragons, Dragons Everywhere! Redux - IC

Gormirden & Hithir

Gor remained silenced. Looking over Hithir, searching for a trick.
    Den laughed maniacly:"You feel! Now I don't need you! I'll gobble you!"
    Mir looked at Den with disaprove. "But it is my fault for you having a proboem to find the citadel."
    If Hithir would want to take notes on fatal weakness- it seemed that the splitted personality of Gormirden made him slow on desicion- he needed to get into common agreement with himself.
    He also had to speak aloud to pass thoughts between his heads.

Gor:"Your offer sound reasonable-" Den rolled his eyes with a dispointment. He wanted blood shed already!

"-enough. But beside the general direction, I'll have you know that I can sense, taste and smell the earth. And I can sense where the earth been disturbed with mortals's project and where it is still virgin and untouched."

Mir said happily:"So our alliance would be useful to each other! Because we really need a-"
    Gor and Den gave Mir such a chilly stares that he shutted up.
    Gor coughed up. "In conclusion- yes... I accept your offer."
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Gormirden & Hektirithir

Hektir glowered at Den. I still haven't told you which direction it is. You can spend centuries trying to find it and turn up empty. I know this because hundreds of others have done exactly that.

Even if you, against all odds, do find it, the place is built to withstand the Apocalypse. You aren't getting in, unless you have a key.
    Hektir was pretty sure that by simply activating the Wayfinder the Citadel's front doors will open but this dragon didn't need to know that.

If we are going to need partners, I need some assurance. I can get us to the Citadel, I can figure out how to open most barriers and I can identify anything of value. What I need to know is three things.

One, I have explored ancient tombs and poured through many ancient manuscripts to simply even learn that this Citadel exists. I am on the last leg of my journey and you are piggybacking on years of work. For all intents and purposes, yes, it was fate that you stumbled into me! What I need to know is: What can you contribute?

And two: How do I know you won't betray me and simply try and kill me when I am no longer useful?
    It's clear Den's threats have spooked him.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2016-04-28 at 04:22 PM.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Fishing Village]

Kiadre rolled her eyes at the little hiss. How unsophisticated. I was hoping for more than just a feral.

"All right, stay calm, people,"
    she said. "It's probably at least as afraid of you as you are of it. Don't trap it or startle it and it won't hurt you."

"But our fish!" protested one villager.

"You have plenty more. Stay calm and let me handle this."

She dove down to take a gulp of water, then climbed out and began taking the long way up the cliff. She was not particularly good at flying upward or climbing, and was more interested in observing the smaller dragon than catching her anyway.

[Veridao Crio]

Sparkwing listened to the conversation carefully. "Well, they seem friendly, aside from all the spears and such-" Then something made his ears shoot up in alarm. "Wait... Killing adventurers?"

"It sounds like they attacked first," said Smoketail.

"Yes, but he's so casual about it. Like he didn't even give it a thought."

"Well, it could be composure... Then again, it could be a complete disregard for the lives of others. Just try not to provoke him."

"So what do we do? Could those little creatures help us?"

"I'm not sure, but they're our best chance. Try to talk with them, and I'll handle things if it goes wrong."

Cautiously, the two smaller dragons stepped into sight, taking care not to get too close.

"Excuse me..." said Sparkwing nervously, "We're lost and need a place to stay... Could you take us to meet your leader?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Fishing Village]

Kabus reaches the top of the cliff, a little tired. She pauses up there, looking at the village and all the people in it. She likes this place. There's free food around and the predators...or, rather, the people – weren't all that dangerous. Sure, the food tastes too clean and fresh, but it's easy to get.

So she quickly looks for a nearby place to stay. Somewhere to hide out until she gets hungry again. She darts through the down, breathing agony on anyone who gets too close. Then...she spots something inside one of the doors. It's a really reflective mirror, with a black frame. It catches her eye, so she runs into the house.

By chance, the house is empty at the moment which is pretty lucky. She jumps up to grab the mirror between her mouth and her foreclaws. After glancing around out of habit, she takes the mirror under a bed.

She curls up around the mirror under the bed. The mirror feels so warm.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

The not so well hidden kobold that was waved to actually waved back with a smile, before being pulled back down by one of his fellow guards. Meanwhile, the two greeters nodded to each other before the female spoke up again, looking also to the two smaller dragons.

"All who are peaceful are welcome. Cavoraei himself, however, must be the one to grant sanctuary, if that is what you seek."

Her and her fellow guard stepped aside, the great doors opening to reveal that the tunnel behind it was just as big. Either this Cavoraei was huge, or he was prepared for those that were.

"Follow the corridor until you see red banners, at which point you should turn right. Follow the red banners, and you will find yourself at the banquet hall, where Cavoraei meets all guests. He should be finished with his project shortly. And please, do watch where you step. There are many of us among the halls at work."

Once all four were through, the doors would shut behind them with a rather loud 'clang', the sound of bolts sliding within the doors themselves locking it tight. The corridor was well lit, however, by lines of what appeared to be a glowing powder set into the stone. A pair of silver lines traced along either side of the walls, and far ahead, the red banners were easily visible. It was also notably warmer inside than it had been outside.

All around, the hustle and bustle of many kobolds ran through the corridor, tunnels all around branching off, most of them too small for even the pair to fit, though a couple of large ones seemed capable of holding rather large creatures indeed, though all that came through any of them were the kobolds. The majority of them seemed to be outfitted with mining tools, while some few others looked to be artisans instead, which seemed to show in the pillars that helped keep the corridor roof up. It was both eerie and stunning to look at in the crystalline light.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Veridao Crio
    "Oh hello, little dragons! What brings you here? Are you small dragons, or simply very young? I remember when I was small like that, only 50 years old when I was stepping out into the world by myself. Oh by the way, my name is Zarakkan, dragon inventor, what are yours?"
    He decides to let Taisa introduce himself from now on.
    "And my might I say that the craftsmanship is exquisite everywhere, this Cavoraei has a good taste in architecture, I feel like I should be taking notes. What do you think Cavoraei is, a giant? fire elemental? stone elemental? or maybe another dragon? The possibilities are either endless and wonderful or singular and obvious, can never tell which."
    In fact, he pulls out his Infinite Notepad and an enchanted Eternal-Ink Quill to do just that, jotting down any information he thought important while they walk own the corridor. Minor items of magic he enchanted for his travels and to know more things. Normal spontaneous spell magic was not something he was good at all, but enchantment and magitech was where he was superb in. These both from his bags and pouches all attached to his harness connected to his lightning gem, and also where his map came from, and probably various other little bits and bobs he needed to be a traveling mad scientist/inventor/scholar.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Gormirden & Hektirithir

Hektir glowered at Den. I still haven't told you which direction it is. You can spend centuries trying to find it and turn up empty. I know this because hundreds of others have done exactly that.

Even if you, against all odds, do find it, the place is built to withstand the Apocalypse. You aren't getting in, unless you have a key.
    Hektir was pretty sure that by simply activating the Wayfinder the Citadel's front doors will open but this dragon didn't need to know that.

If we are going to need partners, I need some assurance. I can get us to the Citadel, I can figure out how to open most barriers and I can identify anything of value. What I need to know is three things.

One, I have explored ancient tombs and poured through many ancient manuscripts to simply even learn that this Citadel exists. I am on the last leg of my journey and you are piggybacking on years of work. For all intents and purposes, yes, it was fate that you stumbled into me! What I need to know is: What can you contribute?

And two: How do I know you won't betray me and simply try and kill me when I am no longer useful?
    It's clear Den's threats have spooked him.
    Den groaned. "This one have a point. Hmpph. And I hoped for a pleasing cannibalistic banquette..."
    Gor:"You question my abilities? Very well!" he puffed.
    "I can spit Lava which burn steel and stones alike! I am swimming through Earth like a shark in the tides of sea! I feel the very essence of earth!" He stomped with his grotesque fore claws on the ground marking his words.
    "And beside... my power is overwhelming! I'll chew down any foe who would dare to stand in our way!"

Mir added. "I can give you my word of honor!"
    Den argued"|No! You'l just have to obey me because I'm bigger and stronger!" he roared.
    Gor shaked his head. "I believe that if you have such skills, you will be still usefull after finding the citadel. It's a shame, but I am not as strong as my mother was... and until my pet dwarves will get back to their previous glory... I'll have to work back to my luxurious life."
    Den groaned. "ugh. I hate working."|
    Mir:"So, would you accept my word?"

------
    My previouse Avater

8. - Top - End - #38

Gormirden & Hektirithir

Depends on how you answer my last question. Hektir says.

My name is Hektirithir. What's yours?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"I am Gor-" Said the main head with a dramatic tone.
    "Mir-" said the left head with a friendly tone.
    "Den!' Said the right head with a sigh.
    "I am Gormirden!" They said in creepy unision.

Mir looked over him. "I probably should stop call you little one. But by what name you go?"

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #40

Gormirden & Hektirithir

Hektir reflexively recoiled at the stereo of all three heads speaking in unison. There's no way they didn't rehearse that. The question still remained if he was dealing with one individual whose facets of their personality are spread across three heads, or three individuals with one body.

My name is Hektirithir, though some call me Hektir to shorten it.

So how about it?
    the light gold dragon asks, smiling. Ready to unearth the lost last bastion of an ancient civilization?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Gormirden & Hektirithir

Hektir reflexively recoiled at the stereo of all three heads speaking in unison. There's no way they didn't rehearse that. The question still remained if he was dealing with one individual whose facets of their personality are spread across three heads, or three individuals with one body.

My name is Hektirithir, though some call me Hektir to shorten it.

So how about it?
    the light gold dragon asks, smiling. Ready to unearth the lost last bastion of an ancient civilization?
    "Hektir? So be it." Gor said.
    Den:"How about we stop and find some virgins to eat? It's been a month since I'v ate some fine virgin!"
    Mir:"We should at least START our journey. Shouldn't we?"
    Gor nodded. "After you lead, Hektir."

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #42

Gormirden & Hektirithir

Hektir took stock of his surroundings. The positioning of distant mountains and the edge of nearby trees relative to each other, trying to recall the fading memories of where they were relative to the brief moment when the wayfinder was active and which direction it was indicated. He's pretty sure he knows which general direction but the specific direction will require some finesse. Either way, Gormirden can tell that as soon as the question was raised, Hektir's attention was focused towards one general direction.

After muttering to himself for seconds, he finally looks back at the trio. I'm sure we'll find something edible along the way, if nothing else. This is Manticore country after all. With that, Hektir spreads his feathery wings and takes to the air, expecting Gormirden to follow.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Gormirden & Hektirithir

Hektir took stock of his surroundings. The positioning of distant mountains and the edge of nearby trees relative to each other, trying to recall the fading memories of where they were relative to the brief moment when the wayfinder was active and which direction it was indicated. He's pretty sure he knows which general direction but the specific direction will require some finesse. Either way, Gormirden can tell that as soon as the question was raised, Hektir's attention was focused towards one general direction.

After muttering to himself for seconds, he finally looks back at the trio. I'm sure we'll find something edible along the way, if nothing else. This is Manticore country after all. With that, Hektir spreads his feathery wings and takes to the air, expecting Gormirden to follow.
    Gormirden muttering in unison. He flapping his four heavy wings, and trying to follow Hektir with the grace of a pregnant elephant.
    "What are you eating anyway?" Den have asked. They haven't met a lot of other dragons before.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Veridao Crio]

Sparkwing let out an "Eep!" as the doors closed, and started inspecting them frantically for any signs of the opening mechanism.

"Calm down. It's probably more to keep others out than keep us in, and it'd be a bad idea to trap four of us at once."

"...Right, right."

Sparkwing took a moment to compose himself, then turned his attention back to the others present.

"So, Zarakkan... I must say, you are bigger than anyone I have met before, so perhaps it's a matter of perspective? Anyway, I am Sparkwing. My sister Smoketail and I lost our home, and we need a new place to stay."

With that, the two proceeded on down the hall. Smoketail eyed Zarakkan warily along the way, considering his questions a little intrusive.

[Northwestern Fishing Village]

Once Kiadre got to the top of the cliff, she began looking around for Kabus. The first things she checked for were residual energy traces from her breath, since magical effects were far more noticeable than magical creatures. However, these traces only got her so far, and she soon lost track of the smaller dragon.

"Whatever it is, it's a sneaky one," she said. "As to be expected from creatures of darkness, I suppose. I should consult the townsfolk about this."

Kiadre began to ask around, now feeling more optimistic. For the first time since she arrived, she was actually interested in something.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kabus continues to hang out under the bed for several hours, curled up around that mirror. In fact, she even sleeps for a couple of those hours. It's nice and dark there.

Later

The small dragon wakes up bored, and relieved to not have been found yet. She crawls out from under the bed, then remembers the mirror. She turns back around and sticks her head under to grab the mirror in her mouth.

She didn't look around to make sure there was still nobody in the house. There was. After seeing a black-and-purple dragon come out from under his bed, you'll never convince this little boy that monsters don't live under beds. The boy shouted and ran out of the room to find his parents.

Kabus, hearing the shouting, suddenly panics. With the mirror in her mouth, she darts onto the bed and crashes through the window. She lands outside on the street and looks around trying to find which way to go. There's loud voices inside the house and there's people on the street...Kabus obviously can't breathe on them or fight back, because that would mean dropping the mirror. So, she hides behind a barrel. That's a good hiding place, right?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Gormirden muttering in unison. He flapping his four heavy wings, and trying to follow Hektir with the grace of a pregnant elephant.
    "What are you eating anyway?" Den have asked. They haven't met a lot of other dragons before.
    Nothing, uh, right now. Hektir answers back. Gold's hard to find so I have taken up this curious 'Lesser' custom of "cooking" meat before eating it. 'Lesser' being a shortclaw term for "lesser races," the sentient races who aren't dragons. Or at least it is one Hektir is familiar with. As long as you know what you're doing, it's quite good.

So what about you? How did you end up getting control of a Dwarf population?

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Veridao Crio
    "Ah! What a coincidence, I've lost my home three times by now, searching for my fourth. Do you think this Cavoraei chap would know any good places? Or are you just stopping by like me? As for big dragons, your lucky, some of the big ones I've met... you wouldn't like em. If you've never heard of Mount Draco, count yourself lucky."
    Snobbish dragons those Eleven Clans of Mount Draco. Many other things to, not much of them good. But that was a story for another day, if they became important at all.
    "Anyways, to the banquet hall, then I can properly look at my map and determine my next move..."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing, uh, right now. Hektir answers back. Gold's hard to find so I have taken up this curious 'Lesser' custom of "cooking" meat before eating it. 'Lesser' being a shortclaw term for "lesser races," the sentient races who aren't dragons. Or at least it is one Hektir is familiar with. As long as you know what you're doing, it's quite good.

So what about you? How did you end up getting control of a Dwarf population?
    Gor sighed. "My mother inherited it to me. She was terrifing seven headed dragon who came from the depth of the Underdark..."
    Den sighed. "And she was so hungry, that she have almost eaten the whole dwarven kingdom!"
    Mir said with a nostalgic tone. "But she have decided it would be more easy and peacfull life, if she'l let them grow rich and strong, and she could live in an easy luxury."

Gor nodded. "She died protecting the kingdom from a demonic dragon..."
    Den growl. "But the unthankfull dwarves refuse to serve us! They say they are too poor!"
    Mir nodded. "They are so desperate, that their king said that he preffer to die violently be my, than starving to death."

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #49

So you're looking for treasure to bolster your kingdom's economy. Hektir connects the dots. And improve your hoard. Just save some gold for me, please? It's been a while since i've tasted gold. He thinks for a moment. I mean surely, this citadel has stores of treasure in preparation... He grins at the thought.

The forest the duo is flying over suddenly terminates in a clearing, leaving only just enough room for the cliff to drop out. In that clearing are four figures. A manticore trying to hold its ground against three hulking goblinoid creatures, looking as though they're hunting.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Gormirden & Hektirithir

Mir nodded. "Fair enough! I don't mind sharing a bit of gold for alliance with someone usefull as you!"
    Den chuckled. "Of course, if you'l prove yourself useless..."
    Gor:"Just.. don't probe yourself useless, and we'l be fine."

Den:"oh! Four course meal! I want the Manticore!"
    Gormirden prepared to spit a rain of lava.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #51

Two of the bugbears and the manticore try to block out the rain of fire, only to be badly burnt. The remaining Bugbear is well-shielded as he brought a shield, and brought it to bear as shelter from the rain. One Bugbear attempts to run for the treeline seeking shelter and cover from aerial attack while the last one, in addition to the shielded bugbear, pull Javelins from their back, which they hurl at Gormirden.

There is a faint acidic smell of ozone in the air as Hektir opens his mouth and blasts the shielded bugbear with an arc of white lightning, forcing it to double over in pain momentarily, enough for the dragon to hurl himself at the bugbear, using his momentum to push the creature over the edge of the cliff, sending it tumbling to its doom.

Hektir, rather than move on to the next opponent, jumps off the cliff after the creature. The expression on his muzzle, horrified.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Gormirden chuckles with joy.

"Roasted meat! ARRGH!!!" He have diced down with the elegance of hipo jumping from a crushing plance.

He meant to smash the manticore- but the manticore managed to sting his belly!
    Gormirden roared and rolled over the bugbears.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #53

Though stinging Gormirden, the Manticore was hardly in a position to do much else other than be crushed by the big dragon, as indicated by the sick sound of snapping bones and a terrible howl.

The rolling doesn't do the bugbears any favor, as one of them is too slow to get out of the way, and is promptly flattened.

The other, however, is all too happy to take advantage of Gormirden's vulnerability and attempts to bring his sword down on him.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Pixie in the Playground

Upon passing through an archway with the same banners as the guiding ones, they'd find themselves in a massive cavern that was definitely not natural. The walls were absolutely covered in art of all kinds, some in styles definitely from several races, but a particular style stood out among them all. It was one that was well known to be only used for one thing...the magic sigils used for Cavoraei's enchanted armors. Tables were lined up across the entire way with gaps for ease of access, much like a school cafeteria. Not to mention the three lines of kobolds waiting to get food, which smelled delectable.

"Welcome to my humble abode. I am Cavoraei, Master Breathforger and keeper of this volcano. To what do I owe this visit, and how can I be of assistance?"

Speaking was a small kobold of what had to be the purest silver coloration they had likely seen so far. He was larger than his kin by a couple heads, but still a small kobold nonetheless. Riding on his back was a near baby kobold who was happily suckling upon a headspike.

"I do apologize for not appearing in my normal form, but this young one is difficult to handle unless you're closer to his size."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Though stinging Gormirden, the Manticore was hardly in a position to do much else other than be crushed by the big dragon, as indicated by the sick sound of snapping bones and a terrible howl.

The rolling doesn't do the bugbears any favor, as one of them is too slow to get out of the way, and is promptly flattened.

The other, however, is all too happy to take advantage of Gormirden's vulnerability and attempts to bring his sword down on him.
    Gormirden breathing slowly with painfull groan, he try to whip tail the insolent fool

------
    My previouse Avater

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Veridao Crio
    "Why hello Cavoraei, I am Zarakkan, traveling dragon inventor, and I must say you have quite the fine craftsmanship on display here! I'd say of dwarven caliber or greater, if I'm not mistaken. I myself am simply dropping by on my travels, seeing places, meeting people, perhaps finding a home of my own, not here though, I would not dare to intrude like that, though if you knew any good directions I could take, I'd happily take it under recommendation when I get going, I don't want to stay if I'm a bother after all. The small dragons, they are not with me, they just happened to come in at the same time by the way."
    Zarakkan burst out greeting, seeing Cavoraei as a kind person who can be trusted, if he let little ones climb on his back. It was after all proof that the person can be kind to someone technically inferior to them when at any time they could abuse the child under their power with impunity.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-05-12 at 09:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

The bugbear tries to brace himself for impact, but is simply overwhelmed by the blow, and Gormirden's tail sends the goblinoid flying away, unlikely to ever be seen again in a non-broken state, thus leaving the hydra-dragon alone for the time being.

Not a moment too soon, as Hektir flies back up the cliff, appearing no worse for wear by comparison. I return, have you-uh- He notices the blood and carnage of the broken manticore, the dead bugbear, and the wounds Gormirden himself has, causing the squeamish dragon to look away in fright, craning his head down to his chest to bring his eyes within range of his claws to cover them. Ugh, are you okay? He asks. I know some healing spells. Not complete healing but they help.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I see. And how long has this creature been present? Surely-"

Kiadre was interrupted by the distant, muffled sound of yelling.

"Again? I'll be right back."

Kiadre headed to the site and began to look around. It wasn't long before she noticed the presence of Kabus.

"Come on out already. You're making this more complicated than it needs to be."

[Veridao Crio]

Sparkwing bowed politely. Seeing a kobold rather than a huge dragon seemed to have calmed him some. "Greetings, Lord Cavoraei. My sister and I have been driven from our home, and have travelled here in search of refuge."

"Supplies and allies as well," said Smoketail.

"We have little to offer, but if you give us your aid, we will assist you however we can."

"Within reason, of course. No eternal servitude or anything like that."

"Of course. But we don't intend to impose on you, either. If you can do anything, we'd be most grateful."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

The bugbear tries to brace himself for impact, but is simply overwhelmed by the blow, and Gormirden's tail sends the goblinoid flying away, unlikely to ever be seen again in a non-broken state, thus leaving the hydra-dragon alone for the time being.

Not a moment too soon, as Hektir flies back up the cliff, appearing no worse for wear by comparison. I return, have you-uh- He notices the blood and carnage of the broken manticore, the dead bugbear, and the wounds Gormirden himself has, causing the squeamish dragon to look away in fright, craning his head down to his chest to bring his eyes within range of his claws to cover them. Ugh, are you okay? He asks. I know some healing spells. Not complete healing but they help.
    Gormirden gotten to his four, groaning. "Just a bit of belly ache." Gor said.
    "Nothing that good meal, can't fix." Den groaned, and started to nibble on of the bugbear.
    "What about you?" Mir have asked with worry.

------
    My previouse Avater

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Welcome, Zarrakan, and I take that as a compliment. I do not travel often, however, there are cave systems underneath the nearby swamps, though finding entrances to it is difficult at best. One of my family could show you the way if you but ask it of them. As for you two..."

Cavoraei eyed the pair for a moment, as if sizing them up, while the little one continued to crawl over his head.

"While I can always use another pair of eyes to critique my family's art now and then, names to go with those eyes are most appreciated. As for supplies and alliance, I'm afraid I'll need more information before I can make such a decision. However, for refuge, you may stay here so long as you cause no trouble, though I do hope you can trade for your food, or work for it. As you may have noticed, not much can grow here."