Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243
Results 1,261 to 1,265 of 1265
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: Class and Level Geekery XIV - We are the Geek Pantheon

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera View Post
    I donít really disagree that itís most likely a house rule. Havenít we seen Redcloak use rebuke, though? It seems like once that seal is cracked, so to speak, it would be admissible (and Iím speaking here of the giantís narrative rules, not our geekery ones).
    We have - my point was that, while we've seen both, there is a difference between both that and getting into the rules details of who can do which.

I had, however, forgotten RC turning the Ghost Martyrs - which does push more squarely into that area. That in mind, I still think a house rule is possible: but I don't think it particularly more so than a deity change.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    I think the possibility that Loki changed alignment at some point since SoD's flashback should also be considered.
    It would require both Loki and Hilga Be non-evil, not just one or the other.
    Last edited by Hecuba; Yesterday at 03:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Triple-checked on Faiths & Pantheons.

I was indeed suffering some form of Microcosm, couldn't find any reference for Turn Undead without regards to alignment.

Thanks Elan and fellow forum members for helping me overcome it.
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles donít hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, canít be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think we can set Hilgya as being a maximum of 11th level (for cleric levels at least). Vampire spawn have 4 HD and +2 turn resistance, so a cleric has to be 12th level to destroy them with a turn attempt. She turned multiple spawn without destroying any of them, so 11th level would seem to be her upper limit for being a cleric.

This assumes of course that the ones she turned were spawn instead of vampires.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rferries View Post
    I think we can set Hilgya as being a maximum of 11th level (for cleric levels at least). Vampire spawn have 4 HD and +2 turn resistance, so a cleric has to be 12th level to destroy them with a turn attempt. She turned multiple spawn without destroying any of them, so 11th level would seem to be her upper limit for being a cleric.

This assumes of course that the ones she turned were spawn instead of vampires.
    Agreed.

The SRD states that:

"If you have twice as many levels (or more) as the undead have Hit Dice, you destroy any that you would normally turn."

Hence, if at least any one of the undeads she turned was a vampire spawn (highly likely, for all we've seem thus far), if she had more than 11 cleric levels, they would have been destroyed.
    Last edited by D.One; Today at 10:35 AM.
    Each one of us, alone, is but a drop in the sea
    Our powers pale compared with the great heroes
    Our battles donít hit theheadlines or shake the earth
    But they are few, canít be everywhere, and we, many
    So, when the world or universe needs saving, they come
    But when people needs saving, we are the ones to appear
    We're underdogs, but we rise up to the challenge to be heroes.
    (Wishing Joe, a low-powered superhero)

"I really like the Geek Math'ology we do here"

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hecuba View Post
    It would require both Loki and Hilga Be non-evil, not just one or the other.
    I said this earlier, but I think Hilga meets the criteria for Chaotic Neutral overall. Murdering someone is an evil act, but someone who occasionally commits evil acts, even severe ones, with the intent of securing their own freedom is generally Chaotic Neutral - the SRD describes a Chaotic Neutral character as someone who cares about their own freedom but not anyone else's, while a Chaotic Evil one is driven by the desire to cause suffering and pain. I think it's obvious which one she's closer to.

At the very least, going by the mechanics, she has to be non-evil unless we're willing to just throw up our hands and say it's just a comic (which defeats the purpose of the thread! What fun would that be?)

And while people in-setting have called Loki evil, he hasn't actually done anything particularly evil. I think it's in-character for Thor to assume he's still evil even if he became CN sometime in the past.

I guess the only real question, if we're going to stick to the rules, is which is more likely - Loki turning non-evil, or Hilgya getting a new god. I suppose, if she still cares about Durkon, that she might have switched to a non-evil deity in hopes of meeting his moral standards. Possibly even a CG one, if she's CN? But I'm reluctant to conclude that for narrative reasons - no other deities in the Dwarven Pantheon have anywhere near as much prominence, while Loki has been a major player in the plot, so it's logical that one of his priests would be an important character in this arc. And Hilgya seems to have had a much closer relationship to Loki than most OOTS clerics do with their gods, since she said her Dungeon of Dorukan quest was given to her directly by Loki. That also makes it more likely that Loki was the one who sent her here.
    Last edited by Aquillion; Today at 02:09 PM.