New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Brotherhood WW

1. - Top - End - #211
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Brotherhood WW

My night 2 scry was AvatarVecna as a Teuton. I never "hid" it, unless you somehow missed it. In my first analysis last day, I did put it at the end so that my reasoning for voting for AvatarVecna and the scry would be in the same place. If you need a refresher for my reasoning, look at posts #164 and #194.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eggel View Post
    My night 2 scry was AvatarVecna as a Teuton. I never "hid" it, unless you somehow missed it. In my first analysis last day, I did put it at the end so that my reasoning for voting for AvatarVecna and the scry would be in the same place. If you need a refresher for my reasoning, look at posts #164 and #194.
    So I did completely forget about it.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Day, and Game, over. Please do not post until final narration.

- - - Updated - - -

Eggel cast aside Farmer Brown's letter, furious.

"Damn, it's him!" He said, pointing at Duck. "I scried you in the night, Kish, and I found you to be a spirit. Farmer Brown was right, I wasn't damn near close to being done with my schooling. I can't believe how foolish I've been! Regardless, I couldn't have seen through an Alpha's lies! Not with my inexperience! The Alpha would be too powerful for me!"

"You're right," Kish said, steeling their resolve. "Come now, let's finish this."

"But I was Farmer Brown's apprentice," Duck cried, "Don't you see, this has been his plan all along!"
    Desperately gesturing at Eggel, Duck continued, "He's their leader, he blends so well he has even you convinced!"

"I knew it!" Kish said, leaping to bind Eggel, "Let's string him up on the Oak Tree!"

"You're making a mistake!" Eggel desperately cried, trying to fight off the other fellows, "I'm the Teuton, he's the monster! You must believe me!"

"Silence!" Duck screamed, striking Eggel as Kish wrapped a cloth around his mouth.

As Duck began to prepare the noose, Kish spoke up.
    "Actually," he began, "let's fetch one of the Brotherhood's swords, from the Chapter house. I hear their silver can actually slay the spirits outright."

"Yes..." Duck sighed, "You get it, I'll watch this wolf scum."
    Moments later, Kish returned with the blade.
    "I can't believe we found all the wolves," Kish breathed, "I can't believe we stopped them."
    Eggel twisted and turned, his screams muffled by the gag.
    "Yes, it is quite excellent." Duck nodded.
    "I know we aren't of the Knighthood, but I still feel we wouldn't be here with out them," Kish continued, "I'm sorry now I ever neglected them. Long live the brotherhood."
    "Long live the Brotherhoo-" Duck started, before being cut off as Kish thrust the silver blade deep into his chest."

"Did you really think I would be seduced by your lies?" Kish asked, almost screaming at Duck as the latter melted away into smoke and ash.
    **** Some time later ****

Kish sat smoking a long pipe, sprawled out in the back of a wagon that Eggel was driving.

"What now, master Eggel?"

"We take the Brotherhood's belongings." The young Sage replied, "find the other Teutons that left. Induct new members to the Knighthood. Wait for the wolves' return."

"Their return?" Kish asked. "Didn't we just stop them?"

Eggel chuckled, "For now, yes. But you don't truly kill a spirit. You just send it back from whence it came, where it reforms to terrorize later generations. It falls on us now to safeguard the future from them. Come, I shall teach you in the ways of the Sage, as Farmer Brown taught me, and we shall remain vigilant. Long live the Brotherhood."

Kish nodded. "Long live the Brotherhood."

Day Six, and the Game, has ended. Duck999 was lynched. They were the Alpha. The Teutons have won the game.

(There will be another post with some survey-esque questions. Please do not post until it is posted.)

- - - Updated - - -

Questionnaire (Some questions will have example answers):
    How did you find the narrations?
    I found them to contain somewhat janky dialogue and they lacked thematic consistency.

How did you find the setting? Would you play in a sequel game in a similar setting? I also considered a sequel set in modern times, where a clandestine group of "Knights" work to protect regular people from demons, would you prefer that for future games, or the current Dark Age setting?"

Obligatory free-form comment box regarding game mechanics

I feel like I wasn't absolutely clear about the sage/sage apprentice and their results, and I apologize if this negatively impacted the game. It is my first time narrating, and I appreciate your patience with my mistakes.

Other comments?

I would like to take a moment to thank each and every one of you. This forum has been exceedingly kind and welcoming since my joining, and I appreciate you guys taking the time to partake in my first foray into narrating. You will all have a special place in my heart. I am going to now give special nods and thanks to certain people, but do not take that to mean that you all aren't great, you definitely are. Even you. No, especially you. Anyway, here goes:

Ramsus: For pointing out that I can PM people, and for in general being an active welcoming force in the forum.
    Ramsus, Disc Lorde, Kish, and Phantom: For consummate professionalism and commitment to roleplaying. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy others' role play attempts, the four of you were just some of the most consistent.
    AvatarVecna: At times, you played village like a fiddle. You've earned my respect and a bow, good sirrah.
    Lex-Kat: Biggest Thank You of All to Lex-Kat. Was a tremendous help throughout this whole process, from helping me with my questions about setting up, to answering my general and often infant level requests for information, to advertising the game and even volunteering to play, Lex-Kat has been a huge help in this undertaking; I feel comfortable saying that this game would not have gone through without her.

Once again, thank you all, and I hope you had fun. It's certainly been a pleasure narrating for you. I will absolutely narrate again, so please do make your suggestions on the mechanics. I wasn't overly impressed with the mayor role and may axe it, but the whole theme is based around the mason-baners, so you guys especially give me your thoughts on the role, as that one is the one most likely to stick with a sequel game.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

And I tried so hard. I was thinking I would need to convince Eggel that Kish was the alpha, but I realized halfway through the night that he and Disc Lorde would work together to find the alpha. So, I decided I needed to convince Kish that Eggel was the Alpha. Not the easiest thing I've ever attempted, especially seeing as how everything pointed toward me being the wolf. I must ask: Kish, did I actually convince you briefly or were you just appeasing me?

I'm sorry, Eggel, about that whole last day thing. I was trying to get you in some way to slip up, something very hard to do when you weren't lying.

Questionnaire
    I rather liked the narrations. Short enough that most people probably read them, and they were pretty entertaining. I especially liked my killing Disc Lorde and my death scene.

I liked the setting. Pretty entertaining and not making any huge stretches in terms of roles (something I often do).

Mechanics-qwise, the masons having the bane power might have been very strong if they hadn't died so soon. Other than that, it seemed [retty good. Teams tend to be balanced if it gets down to a final three.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215
    Halfling in the Playground

even if i was to late to join, i readed all of this...
    and i like the way this played out!

The narrations was a masterpiece, every word was fitting.
    just don't make more bakerpie's, that was a bit over the point...

Duck, your falseclaim was the only option you was haveing left, but at this point, there was no chance for you left...

still, good play everyone!

6. - Top - End - #216
    Halfling in the Playground

I don't have many solid opinions, since I was an early kill and too busy to RP, unfortunately.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

YAY! I ...... WE DID IT!
    .........I mean, umm, uh

Man, this game was awesome! Shoutout to Duck999, you really had me worried for a couple of moments that you convinced Kish. You did a great job!

Questionnaire
    I liked the narrations. They pretty clearly displayed what happened during the day, and they gave a nice recap.

The setting fit perfectly into the game. Can't say there was anything out of place.

The whole Seer/Fool had me confused, but I feel like in the beginning you're not supposed to be absolutely sure.

I was the Sage's Apprentice, right?

Good game, everyone.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Eggel View Post
    YAY! I ...... WE DID IT!
    .........I mean, umm, uh

Man, this game was awesome! Shoutout to Duck999, you really had me worried for a couple of moments that you convinced Kish. You did a great job!

Questionnaire
    I liked the narrations. They pretty clearly displayed what happened during the day, and they gave a nice recap.

The setting fit perfectly into the game. Can't say there was anything out of place.

The whole Seer/Fool had me confused, but I feel like in the beginning you're not supposed to be absolutely sure.

I was the Sage's Apprentice, right?

Good game, everyone.
    Yes, you were. Opening Player List has been updated to show all roles.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

The narrations were quite good. They fit very well.

I liked the settling and I think a modern settling version would work.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Colossus in the Playground

Questionnaire:
    I liked the narrations and thought they were appropriate.

How did you find the setting? Would you play in a sequel game in a similar setting? I also considered a sequel set in modern times, where a clandestine group of "Knights" work to protect regular people from demons, would you prefer that for future games, or the current Dark Age setting?"
    I liked the setting, and think it would work in a modern setting.

Other comments?
    Thanks for running this!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    I must ask: Kish, did I actually convince you briefly or were you just appeasing me?
    You had me chewing my nails for a bit, but honestly, I switched because I thought it might inspire both of you to talk more; unless someone really surprised me I was always planning to switch back before the day ended.

I will say that when I asked you to list who you'd scried, I was hoping you'd make a big mistake on the list--claim something that would have caused scry interference with Disc Lorde or that you'd read someone as a wolf who you hadn't shown any interest in killing--and you didn't.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    You had me chewing my nails for a bit, but honestly, I switched because I thought it might inspire both of you to talk more; unless someone really surprised me I was always planning to switch back before the day ended.
    That's something. Better than I expected, honestly.

I will say that when I asked you to list who you'd scried, I was hoping you'd make a big mistake on the list--claim something that would have caused scry interference with Disc Lorde or that you'd read someone as a wolf who you hadn't shown any interest in killing--and you didn't.
    I at least triple-checked to make sure there was no scry interference. I also used that Legato scry as my first wolf scry to show that I knew I was the fool before I got any wolf scries on someone I didn't plan on killing. I also tried to make it so I didn't scry people the night they died or the night before they died, like Eggel did, but I had to use Legato then or it wouldn't have worked out.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've been following the game out of curiosity, and I have to say that I wish I had been around for more of it. It looked fantastic.

They were really good, I thought you did very well blending the RP players provided with everything else.
    The setting was interesting, and I would love to play in this same setting again or the modernized version.
    Other comments?
    I look forward to a sequel game with great anticipation.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

No one appears to have any qualm about sharing this.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    Lex-Kat: Biggest Thank You of All to Lex-Kat. Was a tremendous help throughout this whole process, from helping me with my questions about setting up, to answering my general requests for information, to advertising the game and even volunteering to play, Lex-Kat has been a huge help in this undertaking; I feel comfortable saying that this game would not have gone through without her.
    Thank you for your kind words. I enjoy helping people, and was happy to help you get the game going.

And I was happy to play. Even though the Masons got wiped out fairly quickly. I was right about AvatarVecna though. I was stupid, and didn't point it out before nights end. So my intuition died with me, though I did announce it in the Mason Chat.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Feel a bit bad here, but I died early enough that I stopped paying attention to the game and that's what tends to happen when I die unless it's very late/other circumstances like a lively dead people's chat. As such I don't really remember the narrations I did read and didn't read the others. (This also explains my lateness in responding, I hadn't checked if the game had ended yet.)

I liked it. Variations of any kind are welcome too. I can get into this kind of setting easier than I can get into traditional mafia era settings since I'm a lot less worried about getting things wrong (as in those there's some pressure of "you should know "recent" history stuff"). More fantastical settings work too.

I always want more crazy/less standard mechanics. Can't comment on how the actual mechanics worked out. I liked the idea of what the masons could do though.

Other comments?
    Glad you're enjoying it here. Sorry again for the late response. Yay winning (not that I really count it as a victory since I doubt I had any real impact on how things went).

16. - Top - End - #226
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

They were fun to read, if a bit minimalist sometimes. I really like how you incorporated our RP into the narrations, that was nice to see.

A modern setting sounds like a fun change for the next one, where the events of this games are history and legend. Bonus points if you can make it anime-esque.

I loved how you gave the Fool a purpose by having them able to help detect the Alpha. Normally the Fool is just a liability to town but I like there being a reason to want to keep them around. I may use the idea of a useful Fool in my own future games.

I liked the mason-baners too. I you think them being careless is too much of a liability, there's a solution that would also prevent them from always baning themselves. Make them not careless, but also make it so that they can't bane the same target two nights in a row, and if they bane a mason one night then they cannot bane any of the masons the following night.

Other comments?Ramsus, Disc Lorde, Kish, and Phantom: For consummate professionalism and commitment to roleplaying. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy others' role play attempts, the four of you were just some of the most consistent.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thanks. I'm glad you liked my roleplaying. I felt like I wasn't roleplaying as much as I could have. I kept meaning to roleplay out my scries like ThePhantom did but never got around to it.

AvatarVecna was great. Had me completely fooled for a while there and I considered him my honorary mason buddy. If I hadn't scried him as a wolf he would probably never have been lynched. The only flaw I can find is that I think he maybe tried a bit too hard near the end which made me a bit suspect. But I probably would have scried him regardless.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Right? I honestly thought AV did some masterful play here.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

If we were doing MVP he'd be my vote.