New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Erfworld 63, Page 57

Quote Originally Posted by kunou126 View Post
    It may be that Jillian was captured on her turn because she selected to engage the dragons, but even if she hadn't attacked her movement would eventually have been exhausted and she would be a sitting duck.
    Jillian got attacked because she ended her turn in a tree hex within reach of a decent-sized contingent of dwagons.
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0024.html
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!" -- Conan, on what is best in life

"A good plan, executed violently now, is better than a perfect plan next week." -- George S. Patton, Jr.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okay, I see why people are making the assumption that Jillian chose to engage the dwagons.

Before it is explained in flashback by Stanley, it's shown that Jillian attacks a stack of dwagons. In terms of game mechanics, I assume that Jillian took flight to engage the dwagons that entered her hex, and that's what is shown in the comic.

As an aside, when someone posted about the amount of speculation on what is in Schrodinger's hex, I suddenly thought that it would hilarious if the dwagons were camped around Jillian. However, that would be stupid on
    Parson's part, and totally wouldn't work based on the game mechanics.

Still gave me a chuckle at the thought.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    Stanley specifically said that Jillian ended turn in the trees, and he pulled together some nearby dwagons to go after her.

I'm pretty sure that the Coalition doesn't know about Stanley's omniscient-eye setup, because if they did Jillian's escapes would be utterly ridiculous, not merely suspicious.
    It's not omniscient in the traditional sense because it needs downtime. Of course, thanks the the odd rules of Erfworld, it doesn't need to be actually omniscient to be functionally so.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheTurnipKing View Post
    It's not omniscient in the traditional sense because it needs downtime. Of course, thanks the the odd rules of Erfworld, it doesn't need to be actually omniscient to be functionally so.
    The "odd rules" would make the omniscient eye moot if Jillian manages to find and join her allies on the same turn she makes her escape (using her own personal move, since she's on foot) -- Stanley would then have no chance to find and recapture her. However, I doubt that Webinar's group got that close to Gobwin Knob.

Otherwise, the most reasonable (to someone who knows about the Eyemancers) explanation is that Team Stanley chose to let her get away.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2007-06-26 at 03:04 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kunou126 View Post
    Can a warlord avoid engagement after their movement is expired and when it is not their turn?
    I think Ansom knows the setup that Stanley has, he just thinks it doesn't matter.
    1. No. However Ansom apparently believed that if she didn't attack Stanley's units on her turn, Stanley would not learn about her expedition. In other words, he believed Stanley's setup wasn't very different from his own.

2. He obviously doesn't know, or else he a). would not consider the scouting mission, and b) would warn Jillian about the impossibility of staying hidden, rather than advising her to lay low and not engage.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
    teratorn, in most of the TBS games that I've played, you give orders to one stack at a time and they immediately do it.
    Yes, this seems to be the setting in Erfworld, with no concept of time. A stack moves, fights if attacked, then another one can receive its orders. Those dwagons are going to be very busy.
    Avatar: ruthless Parson (Erfworld).

7. - Top - End - #217
    Pixie in the Playground

Has anyone considered that those 3 dwagons are in "god mode" he mentioned it in KLOG 3 so he might have figured out how to pull it off.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Not "God Mode," but likely the Dwagons have a very high bonus in their favor.
    1: Flying unit over heavy trees are hard to get to
    2: Trees probably give a degree of cover
    3:They are freaking Dwagons! Elves are nothing but cruchy snaks to them! lol

9. - Top - End - #219
    Halfling in the Playground

Don't forget the Mathamancy bracelet.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by suraklin View Post
    I know the popular Evel Knievel theory but I think the illustrators had someone else in mind when they drew Ansom: (and maybe I'm showing my age here)

Super Dave Osborne
    I went and read the wiki article you referenced and it made it clear that Super Dave's costume was a take off on Evel's. Evel predates Super Dave by at least one and maybe two decades.

An earlier posting on this thread lead to a clip of Evel jumping 17 vans wearing what could be argued to be the exact same outfit that the prince is wearing.