New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Dr. McNinja V: The End

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    Completely random archive reading post by the way, but look how cute this birdosaur is. It's like a sleeping baby! Ah coochy coochy coo!
    Y'know, that reporter isn't entirely wrong.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

It was stated back here you can't just shave off a Bunyan's beard, as it will grow back.

http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/1p21/
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Just a thought, but I think McBonald would be pretty ticked off if he knew that Radical was killing an innocent kid. He seems to love kids.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Firbolg in the Playground

I was expecting that to be antininja gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    I was expecting that to be antininja gas.
    Me too. Killing a child doesn't seem even remotely Radical.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    Just a thought, but I think McBonald would be pretty ticked off if he knew that Radical was killing an innocent kid. He seems to love kids.
    Possible, but even if he cared and knew about this part of the plan (and Patrick didn't beat him up already) Donald is unlikely to act against Mr. Goodrich. He is way to scared of that guy. And that's entirely justified considering the things that this psychopathic tyrant has done already.
    Besides, it might be a bluff to get Patrick to stay in that cloud longer than nessecary.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SZbNAhL View Post
    Me too. Killing a child doesn't seem even remotely Radical.
    It seems that losing his last chance to make the world he truly wants has started to drive Radical off the deep end. He's become obsessed with revenge, and has forgotten what his goal is.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    It seems that losing his last chance to make the world he truly wants has started to drive Radical off the deep end. He's become obsessed with revenge, and has forgotten what his goal is.
    Huh? He still seems to want to kill Doc. That seems to be his main goal now. I don't think he forgot about that goal. If you meant any other goal, I have not idea what you might have meant. Whatever the goal might be, Doc would probably ruin it, so killing him first would seem to be the logical first step. Doc is trying to kill him and generally mess things up for him after all.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-05-02 at 09:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

He wanted to replace everyone in McNinja's universe with Radical people.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    I don't think that's a option anymore. That would require one of those space-time holes and the only ones he could have used have been destroyed by Patrick. One by throwing a Chuck in it and the other by unleashing the unicorn.

Taking revenge against the Doc is the only thing left to do for Radical.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Of course, but Professor Gnoll seemed to understand that was impossible now and was no longer Radical's goal. At least, I don't think that was what Professor Gnoll was meaning, but maybe I was wrong.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

What I meant was that Radical has forgotten about his initial goal of 'Making the world a more Radical place'. He's become solely fixated on taking revenge against Doc, and will even sink to the levels of murdering children to achieve this rather petty goal.
    While he always was an 'ends justify the means' type of fellow, his ends aren't even all that noble anymore.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Of course, his goal of making the world a more radical place was only part of his larger plan to replace Earth's inhabitants with the people of Radical Land.

All he has left is revenge. Is it out of character for him to murder a child to exact said vengeance? Nope. None of us muggles matter.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2016-05-03 at 05:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What I meant was that Radical has forgotten about his initial goal of 'Making the world a more Radical place'. He's become solely fixated on taking revenge against Doc, and will even sink to the levels of murdering children to achieve this rather petty goal.
    While he always was an 'ends justify the means' type of fellow, his ends aren't even all that noble anymore.
    Well, he did that to make it possible to kill everyone on Earth by replacing them with the citizens of the Radical Lands.
    Since that isn't possible anymore he does the next best thing: taking bloody vengeance against the man who ruined his life.

Besides, since Mcninja keeps interfering with Radical's plans, as benevolent they might appear, getting rid of him seems like a good idea.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Taking revenge against the Doc is the only thing left to do for Radical.
    I wouldn't go quite that far. I do think Radical would like to make the place a little less unbearable for himself. But as we both said, Doc is doing his best to ruin anything Radical does (and is trying to kill him) so it makes sense that killing Doc would be his top priority now.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    Of course, his goal of making the world a more radical place was only part of his larger plan to replace Earth's inhabitants with the people of Radical Land.

All he has left is revenge. Is it out of character for him to murder a child to exact said vengeance? Nope. None of us muggles matter.
    I wouldn't say it's out of character, but I think it's a sign that whatever morality he had has pretty much slipped away. After all, he always was exceptionally kind to children beforehand.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    I wouldn't go quite that far. I do think Radical would like to make the place a little less unbearable for himself. But as we both said, Doc is doing his best to ruin anything Radical does (and is trying to kill him) so it makes sense that killing Doc would be his top priority now.
    Radical's been trying to make the world bearable for centuries. But with racism instead of helicopter ents, anything he does just isn't good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I wouldn't say it's out of character, but I think it's a sign that whatever morality he had has pretty much slipped away. After all, he always was exceptionally kind to children beforehand.
    Was he really, or was he planning to replace all but the most radical children with children from his home?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

With the latest update, I think King Radical is being such a butthole (in the words of the comic), that this is all a bluff and isn't harming the Bunyan at all. It's all a trick to get McNinja to stay in the room and die.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

20. - Top - End - #50
    Banned

I kinda hope you're right, but it's also a good way for the author to show that things are really serious now and anyone really can die. So it could go either way.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I think the point of it is either to kill Doc by forcing him to stay or emotionally traumatize him. The Bunyan is just a casualty.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2016-05-04 at 03:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I kinda hope you're right, but it's also a good way for the author to show that things are really serious now and anyone really can die. So it could go either way.
    Reading the last few pages hasn't really given me the impression that things are serious now. Reading the last chapter and a half hasn't really given me the impression that getting serious is the goal. I would be surprised if that turns out to be the point, no matter what happens to Mr. Bunyan.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    With the latest update, I think King Radical is being such a butthole (in the words of the comic), that this is all a bluff and isn't harming the Bunyan at all. It's all a trick to get McNinja to stay in the room and die.
    Why would King Radical care if some worthless lamelander child dies? This world is trash as far as he's concerned. He can no longer save the awesome people of his homeland, and he's only spent a a couple minutes considering what to do with his consolation prize of a conquered kingdom. All he really cares about right now is making the Doctor suffer as much as possible.

I'm only surprised he chose such a lame way to kill said child. But I guess doing something cool would distract from torturing the Doc. Too bad the Dr. didn't bring a chemistry set.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JavaScribe View Post
    Why would King Radical care if some worthless lamelander child dies?
    Exactly my point. He shouldn't care one way or the other. But by thinking he does care enough to kill the kid, we (or more accurately, Doc McNinja) is falling directly into his trap.
    All he really cares about right now is making the Doctor suffer as much as possible.
    Well, not quite. He wants McNinja dead. Deaddeaddead. If he makes him suffer while dying, all the better.

And what better way to kill Doc McNinja than making him destroy himself by appealing to the Doc's better nature. If it was all a bluff and the child isn't in danger at all, that makes it even better since it is a pointless sacrifice.

===

More to the point, killing a defenseless kid in this manner is kinda lame. And there's not even any cool pyrotechnics or cool wizardry stuff going on. Just a passed out, concussed kid slowly sucking down poison. L-ame.

And if Lame and Rad are on opposite sides of the spectrum, it shouldn't be something King Radical would want to do. But getting the Doc to kill himself by trying to save someone who doesn't need saving? Well, that's funny in a sick way. And therefore Rad.

Could be wrong here. But since I don't see many other ways out of this unless the Bunyan wakes up, Imma putting my quatloos on Bluff.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

I think King Radical just wrote his own death sentence meta-wise. Writers want to make the villains seen irredeemable so killing them doesn't make you feel too bad.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-05-04 at 06:12 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

If this were a more conventional comic, I'd probably expect Radical to reveal on the next page that he had always hated the children in this world and had always felt disgusted at how much they depended on him to come up with radical things for them to do. Hastings doesn't follow formulas very well, so I'm not so sure in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    And if Lame and Rad are on opposite sides of the spectrum, it shouldn't be something King Radical would want to do.
    I'm not so sure the Radical is trying very hard to be rad anymore. He patted himself on the back pretty hard for anticipating that the McNinjas would try to rescue Funkhouser, but anyone could have predicted that. It was Dracula and his ghost wizards who were responsible for moving the negazone equipment into the eye, not Radical. Doc destroyed Radical's main incentive to be rad. I think Radical is too depressed and bitter to be very rad anymore.

That said, I think you could be right.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-05-04 at 06:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

RedWizardGuy

I'm surprised Old McNinja is ok with this. I get that his mind is falling apart, but is he really willing to be party to murdering an innocent child and his own parents? Just how far gone is he?

The Doctor was somehow able to revive the children killed by that demon. Maybe he could do something similar here? Put the Lumberjack into a state similar to death, but not quite? Also, we still haven't learned how King Radical motivated the Lumberjack to fight the Doctor.

The stakes are higher and more dramatic, but so far, the Dr. hasn't faced anything that wouldn't have happened before. There's a real chance the Lumberjack will die to show just how serious this really is. And then King Radical will have the wizard's revert the dead giant back into child form to better rub it in Doc's face.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

I'm surprised Old McNinja is ok with this. I get that his mind is falling apart, but is he really willing to be party to murdering an innocent child and his own parents? Just how far gone is he?
    Does he know about it?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Doctor was somehow able to revive the children killed by that demon. Maybe he could do something similar here? Put the Lumberjack into a state similar to death, but not quite? Also, we still haven't learned how King Radical motivated the Lumberjack to fight the Doctor.

The stakes are higher and more dramatic, but so far, the Dr. hasn't faced anything that wouldn't have happened before. There's a real chance the Lumberjack will die to show just how serious this really is. And then King Radical will have the wizard's revert the dead giant back into child form to better rub it in Doc's face.
    Did the Doc revive them? I remember their heads grew back, but was Patrick involved with that?

I'm not sure about Old, but wasn't there that rule about clones going insane over time? Maybe the failed attempt to replace the Doc just pushed him over the edge.
    Or the unicorn used some kind of compulsion on them to amplify their desire for vengeance.

30. - Top - End - #60

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    Does he know about it?
    At a minimum, he knows his parents have been dragged into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Did the Doc revive them? I remember their heads grew back, but was Patrick involved with that?
    He sent the school's nurse some anonymous info.