New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Default Muahahaha... oh man

Why did Parson get excited when he realized that Ansom doesn't have thinkamancers? I think I know why.

What if that center hex is empty? What if, instead, he moved his dwagons someplace else, still in range of the column? Then next turn he could do the same thing, but bring the dwagons home instead afterwards, since he'd have destroyed all the siege by then. Looking on the map, it looks like there are a couple spaces he could do this.

Alternatively, he could hide the A-dwagons someplace this turn, wait for Ansom to waste some of his troops on the base formation, and then attack the woodsy troops with the fresh dwagons next turn. With his score of dwagons and three warlords, PLUS the B-dwagons, he could not only destroy all of the woodsy troops, but also capture Ansom and Vinny!

Pwnz0red indeed.

Edit: I keep thinking about this, and more and more ass-kicking piles on. Ansom and Vinny and the Woodsy troops are stuck there once they end their turn, and they're all out of move. If they spend their last move moving into the base hex, then all the A dragons have to do is reinforce the circle, and BAM, stuck. He sacrifices the three dragons there to win the war, pretty much.
    Last edited by Gefangnis; 2007-06-24 at 12:02 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Muahahaha... oh man

Ack, I just realized someone made this realization a few hours ago, here. I actually searched the strategy threads, but for some reason missed that one.

Could a mod please delete this post? My apologies.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

nope, not a couple of hours. that was said minutes after the comic was up. Anything worth mention is brought up in the main comic thread.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...14&postcount=1

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...39&postcount=8
    solo tú sabes bien quien soy y por eso es tuyo mi corazón
    AKA Yakkul

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGuy

Well... since he has near-100% (or 100%?) information about the battlefield, and because "he has to use hats, he has to use scouts!", he can easily decide just what Vinny sees.
    A bard, eh? What's your saving throw against things that don't get a saving throw?
    "Mourn if you must, but mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don."
    "Trollocs coming! Up axes and clear the fields! Trollocs coming!"

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by RoboticSheeple View Post
    Paint the chromatic dragons.
    I no longer post here due to moderator bias.