New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default You! (A Picture/Media Thread) 33: The old you is dead, long live the you!

Welcome to the You! thread, where we collect pictures of yourself, your cat or your hopelessly messy basement room like a middle schooler collects Pokémon cards. Or if you happen to be a camera-less picture aficionado, stop by and spread the love for all other posters in this lovely community!
    (And yes, I wrote this to replace the dumb alt text on the thread title.)

Spoiler: The Index
    Show
    Spoiler: Legend
    Show
    P - the poster
    R - relatives to the poster
    G - other GiantITP members
    A - animals
    C - costumes
    S - scenery
    V - video

BLC: 1P
    Comrade: 1(P)
    Dire Moose: 1PS 2PS 3PC 4PCS 5PC 6PCS 7PS 8PS 9S 10PRS 11AS
    Eldariel: 1PV
    FinnLassie: 1P 2SV
    Kiero: 1PR
    Kneenibble: 1A
    KuReshtin: 1PV
    Lissou: 1P
    MoonCat: 1PC 2G
    Mutant Sheep: 1PS
    RabbitHoleLost: 1PC
    randman22222: 1P
    Sgt. Cookie: 1P
    Spanish_Paladin: 1PS 2P 3PC 4PC
    Stadge: 1PCS
    super dark33: 1PA
    Teddy: 1P 2P 3PS
    Thufir: 1PGCS
    Yael: 1P

Previous Thread

The old thread was becomming a slowly decaying husk of undead ambulance, so I'm usurping it right now. On Rawhide's recommendation, this thread will come with a photo index recording all posts with photos in them, and I'll try out a little home-crafted tagging system on top to keep myself preoccupied. The index is opt-out, you'll either have to write it in your posts or PM me if you don't want your pictures to be indexed. I reserve the right to list you as "Opt-Out" in the index if you chose to do so, lest I might forget about it.

Now, let's kick this party off with a pair of pictures on my own. I had requests of my hair, soo...
    Spoiler: Floof and such
    Show

(As you can see, my room gets a bit sunny in the evening. Silly pose is courtesy of all other angles getting underexposed thanks to strips of sunlight on the background. Not that I mind, I like the playfulness of it all. )

A little later, my hair naturally formed a corkscrew. They're hard to capture on camera, but I think the reflections in the hair makes it sufficient justice.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-10-06 at 02:49 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: You! (A Picture/Media Thread) 33: The old you is dead, long live the you!

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Thanks Haven't seen a picture of you in a while!
    Your wishes are orders to me, milady

Spoiler
    Show

It's me at the Teatro Real of Madrid, in a interlude of Parsifal

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A Picture/Media Thread) 33: The old you is dead, long live the you!

Only because you made me, Teddy. And you did post pics of your hair, I suppose.

Spoiler: This is what I look like now
    Show

To anyone concerned, there was no recent cruelty to bears for the sake of this picture, it's a relic from the Fort Vancouver museum. Though keep it in mind if you ever cross me, Teddy.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish_Paladin View Post

Spoiler
    Show

Yayyyyyyyy! Good to see your face again The beard is gone though *gasps*

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post

Show

To anyone concerned, there was no recent cruelty to bears for the sake of this picture, it's a relic from the Fort Vancouver museum. Though keep it in mind if you ever cross me, Teddy.
    That pic is super adorbz
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Show
    At first glance I thought, "Wow, Mooncat's been growing her hair really long!". I realised it was a hairy coat shortly afterward, though.
    Last edited by factotum; 2016-04-29 at 01:44 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Dapper!

Show

Don't worry, I'll give you a proper mauling on behalf of all bearkind the next time we meet.

That said, I agree with Finn on this one. So adorable!

Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yayyyyyyyy! Good to see your face again The beard is gone though *gasps*
    My ex doesn't liked the beard XD

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Dapper!
    Oh.. thank you!! ^_^
    Last edited by Spanish_Paladin; 2016-05-02 at 06:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Me and my whole brood:

Spoiler
    Show
    Wushu Open Reloaded
    Actual Play: The Shadow of the Sun (Acrozatarim's WFRP campaign) as Pawel Hals and Mass: the Effecting - Transcendence as Russell Ortiz.
    Now running: Tyche's Favourites, a historical ACKS campaign set around Massalia 300BC.
    In Sanity We Trust Productions - our podcasting site where you can hear our dulcet tones, updated almost every week.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Help im stuck on this chair for 5 months

Spoiler
    Show
    Despite everything, its still me.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kiero View Post
    Me and my whole brood:

Spoiler
    Show
    Naww, you all look so delightfully cheerful! And lively!

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    [doctor voice]Sorry sir, but it's a cat, there's nothing we can do. I sincerely hope your dressing gown is comfortable.[/doctor voice]

I'd say you make a quite handsome couple, though. And thanks for making me realise I should add an "animal" tag to the index.

Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: My face disgusted by the sun
    Show
    nothing to see here

I hate the sun and I hate it even more. The only place in my body that doesn't burn are my fingers, but I already managed to burn my arm from halfway of the back of my hand to the elbow-y area.

Also, forgot to pluck my beard. So I crappily tried to smooth it out.
    hairy women are a thing, yes. Live with it.

My ex doesn't liked the beard XD
    Well, she's an ex.. so time to start growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiero View Post
    Me and my whole brood:

Spoiler
    Show
    Your family pics make me so happy. Third one already? You're all a lovely bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by super dark33 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    SUUCH CUTE KITTEH. KITTEEEEH.
    Last edited by FinnLassie; 2016-10-06 at 08:27 AM.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: My face disgusted by the sun
    Show

I hate the sun and I hate it even more. The only place in my body that doesn't burn are my fingers, but I already managed to burn my arm from halfway of the back of my hand to the elbow-y area.
    Finn does her "I wish you were a personification of the sun so I could stab you" face. Could be taken straight from some contemporary mafia flick.

Which is to say, it's a cool look you're pulling off there! And I see you're starting to grow some proper colours in the background too. Not that it surprise me, what with living on the same latitudes and all, but still.

Also, forgot to pluck my beard. So I crappily tried to smooth it out.
    hairy women are a thing, yes. Live with it.
    Well, she's an ex.. so time to start growing.
    While I understand the difference between liking beards and liking a beard on yourself (what with my own clean chin look and all), I must still say the juxtaposition of these two statements amuse me.

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Finn does her "I wish you were a personification of the sun so I could stab you" face. Could be taken straight from some contemporary mafia flick.

Which is to say, it's a cool look you're pulling off there! And I see you're starting to grow some proper colours in the background too. Not that it surprise me, what with living on the same latitudes and all, but still.

While I understand the difference between liking beards and liking a beard on yourself (what with my own clean chin look and all), I must still say the juxtaposition of these two statements amuse me.
    I was sweating like a pig when I took that picture. I was also very much dehydrated and then when I got home I threw up some. I hate the sun so much.

Well, the Spaniard did express that the reason why it's shaved is because of his ex. I pluck mine because the longest ones feel super weird, when otherwise I have that sort of a "baby hair" on my chin.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

14. - Top - End - #14
    Bugbear in the Playground

Some of what I've been up to lately:

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Dire Moose; 2016-05-06 at 03:04 AM.
    LGBTitp

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Moose View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Watch out! There seems to be a death ray charging behind you!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #16

Watch out! There seems to be a death ray charging behind you!
    Can't do a lot of these without flash due to lighting, but it does have that effect...

Anyway, a couple more:

Spoiler
    Show

LGBTitp

17. - Top - End - #17

Not a picture per ce but our performance dance group just had our inaugural presentation of our choreography:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm the guy in the far left (due to copyrighted music, sadly doesn't appear available from Germany at the present, and some mobile restrictions too; open through browser for surefire)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I was sweating like a pig when I took that picture. I was also very much dehydrated and then when I got home I threw up some. I hate the sun so much.
    Whoa, if you dehydrate that badly, you should probably bring some water on your walks.

Well, the Spaniard did express that the reason why it's shaved is because of his ex. I pluck mine because the longest ones feel super weird, when otherwise I have that sort of a "baby hair" on my chin.
    Yeah, I figured the former. And I see.

Spoiler
    Show
    Anyway, a couple more:

Spoiler
    Show

Oooo, those are some fearsome beasts you've trained there. Let me guess, you gave them the creepy stare until they all succombed to your will, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Not a picture per ce but our performance dance group just had our inaugural presentation of our choreography:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm the guy in the far left (due to copyrighted music, sadly doesn't appear available from Germany at the present, and some mobile restrictions too; open through browser for surefire)
    Ooo, what is it you're trying to depict here (it appears finding a proper translation for "gestalta" in this context is hard...)? Water, birds, crying, climbing a rope?
    *is very curious*

Show

19. - Top - End - #19

Ooo, what is it you're trying to depict here (it appears finding a proper translation for "gestalta" in this context is hard...)? Water, birds, crying, climbing a rope?
    *is very curious*
    Menar du 'gestalta' på svenska? I'd say "forms" is adequate; molds would be the immediate translation I'd think of but if I understand your idea correctly, you're talking essentially about the many forms and shapes the dancers describe/assume during the dance, right?

Either way, you had the parts interpreted correctly. It is a dream, hence the blue clothing. The lady in the opening partner dance portion is a witch conjuring it up and we are actually marionettes (we cut our strings after the first portion though). It is essentially a sad lovestory; we all start out smiling (or that was the idea) and then go through solemn in the midportion to sad in the final part. First we frolic and try to take flight, cut ourselves free and assume shapes (the "eagle" motif is repeated 4 times). Then comes the second partner dance portion where some shapes essentially meld together and then the grande finale where the dream ends and we all die one by one, with the prince and his killer as the last to go, leaving only the dismal witch with her sorrow.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

@Teddy: I did have water... but I didn't have a hat...
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

21. - Top - End - #21

Oooo, those are some fearsome beasts you've trained there. Let me guess, you gave them the creepy stare until they all succombed to your will, didn't you?
    Wait, does my expression really look that creepy?

Also, what do the tags mean?
    LGBTitp

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Menar du 'gestalta' på svenska? I'd say "forms" is adequate; molds would be the immediate translation I'd think of but if I understand your idea correctly, you're talking essentially about the many forms and shapes the dancers describe/assume during the dance, right?
    Ja. I feel like "form" or "mold" is a bit too physical, while "gestalta" is a bit more metaphorical (and thus applicable to more interpretative art, such as choreography)...

Either way, you had the parts interpreted correctly. It is a dream, hence the blue clothing. The lady in the opening partner dance portion is a witch conjuring it up and we are actually marionettes (we cut our strings after the first portion though). It is essentially a sad lovestory; we all start out smiling (or that was the idea) and then go through solemn in the midportion to sad in the final part. First we frolic and try to take flight, cut ourselves free and assume shapes (the "eagle" motif is repeated 4 times). Then comes the second partner dance portion where some shapes essentially meld together and then the grande finale where the dream ends and we all die one by one, with the prince and his killer as the last to go, leaving only the dismal witch with her sorrow.
    Ahhh, I see.

@Teddy: I did have water... but I didn't have a hat...
    Yeah, shade is definitely important in that situation too...

Wait, does my expression really look that creepy?
    Only really in the first picture in your second post, where we can see the whites both above and below your irises.

Also, what do the tags mean?
    They're basically broad interpretations of the one-word descriptions in the legend. P is the poster who uploaded the picture, R is any form of family members (I'm avoiding calling it "F" in case I want to add a tag for friends), G is for other GitP members featured in the photo, A is for live animals, C is for when the poster wears something out of the ordinary, S is for when the background is important for the picture (whether indoors or outdoors), and V is for videos (and possibly audio recordings as well).

Basically, I wanted to create an index where you can, say, look up pictures of me wearing something silly without having to crawl through all my nature photo dumps. It's open for extension or reduction at my slightest whim, but I'm trying to keep it minimal for now.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2016-05-10 at 07:02 AM.

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Eldariel, you look so damn familiar. It's creepy. I feel like I've seen you somewhere, but dunno since I don't know where you've lived. (I grew up in Uusimaa and currently reside in Savo)
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

24. - Top - End - #24

Eldariel, you look so damn familiar. It's creepy. I feel like I've seen you somewhere, but dunno since I don't know where you've lived. (I grew up in Uusimaa and currently reside in Savo)
    The world is so very small, I wouldn't think it impossible at all. I've lived in Järvenpää for the past 23 years, having been born in Sipoo 7 years theretofore. I went to high school in Maunula (Helsingin matematiikkalukio) from 2001-2005 and I've been attending University of Helsinki since 2007, first year in Kumpula and mostly in the central campus thereafter. So if you've lived in Uusimaa, there are more than enough opportunities for us to have met. Also, my father's roots are in Savo (Kiuruvesi, a village by Iisalmi) and I've spent at least a week there each summer for basically my whole life, so I suppose that's also possible.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

The world is so very small, I wouldn't think it impossible at all. I've lived in Järvenpää for the past 23 years, having been born in Sipoo 7 years theretofore. I went to high school in Maunula (Helsingin matematiikkalukio) from 2001-2005 and I've been attending University of Helsinki since 2007, first year in Kumpula and mostly in the central campus thereafter. So if you've lived in Uusimaa, there are more than enough opportunities for us to have met. Also, my father's roots are in Savo (Kiuruvesi, a village by Iisalmi) and I've spent at least a week there each summer for basically my whole life, so I suppose that's also possible.
    I was born in Mäntsälä and spent my first 10 years there... but Järvenpää was basically where we went shopping 90% of the time since it was kinda whatever, either go 15km to S-Market to Mäntsälä centre (since the village shop was closed down in the 90s, sniffle) or just go the extra mile and do like a week's worth of shopping in Prisma.

I've spent a lot of my teenage years hanging out in Helsinki and I wouldn't be surprised if I had bumped into you many times. For some reason I remember a lot of the faces that came across frequently in the city.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

I was born in Mäntsälä and spent my first 10 years there... but Järvenpää was basically where we went shopping 90% of the time since it was kinda whatever, either go 15km to S-Market to Mäntsälä centre (since the village shop was closed down in the 90s, sniffle) or just go the extra mile and do like a week's worth of shopping in Prisma.

I've spent a lot of my teenage years hanging out in Helsinki and I wouldn't be surprised if I had bumped into you many times. For some reason I remember a lot of the faces that came across frequently in the city.
    You people and your umlauts.

Also of note the video does not work in Austria either, which is a very important thing to keep in mind.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    Also of note the video does not work in Austria either, which is a very important thing to keep in mind.
    Feh. Youtube is a filthy liar: it only claims for the video to be unviewable in Germany and on some mobile devices. If you're trying to view it on a mobile device and can't, opening it through a web browser might work. Uh, downloadable version if you can't get it to work otherwise though.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Me and Totoro!!

P.S. It's perfectly possible that i already upload this photo, i am a big fan of Miyazaki

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    You people and your umlauts.
    You're very welcome.
    Spoiler: Finnish text with translation
    Show
    Kylläpä sinä olet semmoinen höpönpöppiäinen! Pitäisikö sinun käydä luonani yökylässä?
    TRANSLATION: Oh you're one lil silly willy, aren't ya! Should I have you for a sleepover some time?

And yeah I'm making up nonsense sentences just to bother you with umlauts

Me and Totoro!!

P.S. It's perfectly possible that i already upload this photo, i am a big fan of Miyazaki

Spoiler
    Show
    Totally did not get spooked out by those eyes, mate.

Yay for Totoro.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Me and Totoro!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Watch out Totoro, it's a madmangiant behind you!

(So tempted to add a "plushie" tag.)

But yeah, Myazaki is awesome, and no, I think this one is new.

You're very welcome.
    Spoiler: Finnish text with translation
    Show
    Kylläpä sinä olet semmoinen höpönpöppiäinen! Pitäisikö sinun käydä luonani yökylässä?
    TRANSLATION: Oh you're one lil silly willy, aren't ya! Should I have you for a sleepover some time?

And yeah I'm making up nonsense sentences just to bother you with umlauts
    Öte töte knäckebröte.

Show