New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default I can draw your character.

To be quite honest, I don't have a lot of time to artwork just for the fun of it... But the fact is, I can't seem to tear myself away! I love fantasy and I love drawing fantasy characters. The cool thing about the genre is that we each have our own, and like to talk about them. It's a melting pot of ideas, an artist's playground. If you'd like to throw your character into the mix, I would love to read about them!!

CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS? NOPE.
    Last edited by Artman77; 2017-05-19 at 07:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: I can draw your character.

Dakon Bors; dragon-born half-orc bard, version 1 and 2, and Version 3.0
    Serdynage Hastur-Vartul human vampire
    Blackhawk; Scottish samurai
    Black Rose; tiefling assassin, work in progress
    L3nN¥; dwarf hacker, emaciated teenage dwarfs are hard to draw.
    Thordrek Torrun; version 1, version 2, work in progress
    and...
    a star wars girl, gnoll, and gnome, the names of whom escape me...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Uhh sure worth a shot!
    I have a few of characters in mind, even if you only pick one I'll be really happy, they were all made for a fifth edition D&D Campaign. They are:

Spoiler: Muirella
    Show
    A halfling fortune teller, named Madame Muirella she has a sort of Latino accent and temper issues, she wears a lot of make up to make herself look younger. She has white (or cream colored), wavy hair that that has a few loose locks and a braid on each of her temples that reaches her shoulders (the cowlicks are not like in anime, mind you, but more like she has "you got me out of bed for this?" hair) she also has crows feet and sharp olive eyes that see right through you. Her fancy robes compliment her eyes that is decorated with a turtle shell pattern. As for a pose, I'd imagine her at her tiny desk in a tent, with a crystal ball shining from the candlelight(can you do that?) at the center of the table, she holds a tarot card up at eye level while she looks at you, most unamused.

Spoiler: Filky
    Show
    a flith-ridden, ruddy little Goblin named Filkey. He is green-skinned, bug eyed slave goblin who was cleaning the sewers while the city was under attack. He has very little personal possessions besides the ragged, mucky clothes on his back, his pauper hat that's old and battered and has a hole through it, and his only toy - a parchment with the picture of a teddy owl bear. He gave it an obscene name which I will not repeat in the good forum. For the most part, Filky cares very little about the big issues, and he knows his place, and he's not above using his lowly position to shirk off any responsibilities and risks. As for a pose, I imagine him consulting his teddy owl bear toy poster, which is spread open in his hands for all to see. He is Either Asking it for directions or something, or just showing it to the viewer, Somewhat proud to share his only possession.

Spoiler: Oni
    Show
    the Oni is a central villain in my game. He is heavily based on the Oni in the SRD and 5th edition monster manual. A creature of the night and darkness, He is a blue skinned bogeyman like monster who delights in scaring others to make them do his bidding before eating them when something better comes along. He particularly hungers for children and is the embodiment of people's nightmares. He has a thick European accent that makes him appear eloquent, but in essence he is a serial killer, a psychopath, and a sadistic, lying B-word who is currently Blackmailing the PCs into doing what he wants them to. He is big and burly like a lumberjack, and he wears a ripped tunic. His right eye is made of glass and has a scar around it, and his other is black as night with a glowing yellow pupil. He stares at you, smiling from ear to ear with razor sharp teeth and sharpening his glaive as he says "Ve have Unfinished business, Ja?"
    Last edited by Prince Zahn; 2016-05-05 at 01:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artman77 View Post
    CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS? YES.
    Hmm, interesting. I wouldn't mind seeing Queen Lydia Seaspray (my avatar) in your style, if you've got time.

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    She's a faerie, about 10 inches tall, with tan/light brown skin, long, wavy, dark brown hair, steel blue eyes and elaborate azure wings.

Lydia is a warrior-queen and strong, for a faerie. Thus, she treats her armour as formalwear and usually wears a sword (the one in the avatar is an enchanted sabre that was taken as a spoil of war, hence why it clashes with the rest of her attire). In combat, she prefers to fight with melee weapons - she has little facility for magic - and is particularly adept at two-weapon fighting with short blades.

Personality-wise, she's haughty, stern and pragmatic. She values material wealth much more than you'd expect a fey creature to.

If you need any more information, please let me know!
    Last edited by Ninja_Prawn; 2016-05-05 at 10:19 AM.
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

5. - Top - End - #5

in a deep voice: "And so it begins..."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

I really liked your drawings in the last thread, so I'd like to request a drawing of one of my favourite characters I've played over the years. He was one of the first characters I made, and he was part of an all-evil party, which was a lot of fun.

Spoiler: Alerick the Angry Young Wood Elf
    Show
    General/Physical Characteristics:
    He's a young wood elf named Alerick (I never came up with a last name...in-story he just refused to ever give it due to a combination of paranoia and dislike of his family). He had only just turned 112 at the beginning of the campaign, but he looked visibly younger due to being smaller than average (I can't remember his exact height, but I made him a couple inches shorter than the base height, so he was only a few inches over 4'). His figure is very slight, with tanned skin and short-cropped blonde hair. His eyes are bright green and his ears were the longest and pointiest anyone had ever seen.

Class/Skills/Equipment:
    Alerick's an assassin-ranger (this was a campaign loosely based on D&D, thus the weird multi-class). His animal companion (a brown bear originally, eventually he got a dire bear) was really his only ranger trait besides his improved tracking capabilities (he actually couldn't care less about the forest). He was an expert in poisons and traps, and had a wicked backstab (fast and deadly). His equipment was typically studded leather armour and dual daggers (the daggers were human-sized, so looked almost like short swords). He never wore any sort of helm or mask if he could help it due to his vanity. By his later levels he had a collection of enchanted daggers that he would combine depending on the situation (ie a dagger enchanted with flame in one hand and a dagger enchanted with frost in the other). His weapons were poisoned as much as his budget would allow. His highest traits were charisma, intelligence and dexterity.

Personality:
    His alignment was neutral evil (more or less...he had his chaotic neutral moments) and he did everything for his own gain. He aspired to owning/ruling his own plot of land and admired the human nobility to the point of constantly trying to emulate them. He hated his wood elf kin (he found them unambitious and felt they and their culture held him back...they were also his "favoured enemy") and wished nothing more than to live in luxury with humans in a large city (ideally ruling over them). He used his boyish charm (his charisma was through the roof) to talk his way in and out of everything. He struggled with straightforward combat (again, preferring traps, poisons and backstabbing), so his diplomacy and seduction skills were his first line of defense. If he did get into a combat situation, his bear usually had to save him. By his later levels he could gain the trust of almost anyone he met and was a master manipulator. He was extremely guarded and didn't like to share anything. At times he bordered on paranoid, but rarely allowed it to show, lest someone exploit his weakness. His favourite pass time/source of amusement was just messing with people as he liked to be a trickster. His bear companion was the only "person" he ever really cared about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    She brings the lightning to the sky,
    the waves onto the shore,
    the rain and the thunder
    and the dark cloud's roar...

Only certainty in life: When icy jaws of death come, you will not have had enough treats. Nod. Get treat.

BAM! Doomsealed!!

Custom avatar courtesy of Comissar. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I would love it if you could draw my namesake, the dark steel wolf, in either his hybrid form or his human form (or both)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Luther Wolfkin, The Dark Steel Wolf
    Physical Description: A human werewolf paladin/cleric with a warforged left arm and shoulder. Mid 30's male, broad shouldered, and about 6' tall with short auburn hair and piercing blue eyes.
    Equipment: Wears dark black adamantium armour made of gears, and has a sand coloured cloak. He has four weapons: a adamantium bastard sword with angel wings for the crossguard, a large revolver, a sawed-off shotgun, and a mythril greatsword (contained in his warforged arm).
    Personality: Fairly personable, but a little moody. His friends and family are more important to him than anything else, especially his wife and daughter.

Any pose you want will do.
    Last edited by DarkSteelWolf; 2016-05-05 at 02:31 PM.

Characters: Vyncent Crevan-The Chains of Kehetch

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSteelWolf View Post
    Physical Description: A human werewolf paladin/cleric with a warforged left arm and shoulder. Mid 30's male, broad shouldered, and about 6' tall with short auburn hair and piercing blue eyes.
    Equipment: Wears dark black adamantium armour made of gears, and has a sand coloured cloak. He has four weapons: a adamantium bastard sword with angel wings for the crossguard, a large revolver...
    ...So, if Hellboy was a a wolf?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You know, I hadn't made the connection until you said that, but kinda, yeah.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like to claim the spot I held in last thread!

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...5&postcount=91
    Spoiler: Personal Sketches
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

So, I'm working on a story, and I wouldn't mind art of Nerissa, Celina, and some demons.

Spoiler: Nerissa
    Show
    4'10" tall, brown-skinned, blue silk jacket with many pockets, knives everywhere. Short pink hair, in a bit of a pixie cut.

Spoiler: Celina
    Show
    6'10" tall, fair-skinned, very modest and practical clergy-style robes, massive L-shaped greatsword on her back.

Spoiler: Osiliuth (Lesser Demon)
    Show
    Made up of two triangles and a core. The core is a meaty gob of flesh, and the upper and lower triangles are mirrors of each other. Each one has three limbs, splitting into three forearms/forelegs, which end in three triple-jointed toes and fingers. So that's three limbs on the upper half, three on the lower, and each one has nine digits total on it.

Should look horrifying, if at all possible.

Thank you very much in advance for drawing these, and let me know if you need more details! (And what kind of details.)
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'd appreciate it if you drew my character, if you don't mind.

Spoiler: Eilora Beestinger
    Show
    Race: Halfling
    Class: Level 1 Druid
    Armor: Leather
    Weapon: Spear
    Animal Companion: Riding Dog (St. Bernard)
    Physical Description: Brown hair, brown eyes, light brown skin (if you choose to color the picture), heart-shaped face. Feral-looking from growing up in the forest.
    Special Features: Tattoo on upper arm that marks her as a member of Adventurers' Guild (actual tattoo design is up to you)

If you find any gaps in my description, feel free to either fill them anyway that you please or message me if you'd rather have me fill the blank in for you.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

My ranger/druid for 5e. he's just now finding the druidic powers, so it's fine for him to not have any druid traits. Whenever you get time to make it. Of course sig cred for making it. :D

Equipment : Longbow (maybe a little magic energy coming off of it)
    Skin: Just a tanned color
    Hair color : Orange, Something wild looking
    Race : Gnome
    Class : Ranger
    Pose: Just a simple pose with his bow (maybe knocked with arrow if not too much work)
    Current Avatar By: smuchmuch
    Spoiler
    Show
    Older Avatars:
    Halo Spartan

GitP Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Combat Stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Name:
    Attack Target:
    Attack Roll: [roll]1d20+XX[/roll]
    Damage Roll: [roll]1d@@ +XX[/roll]
    XX Check [roll]1d20+XX[/roll]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS? NO.
    Too bad

Jermain Ashhearth, a Gnomeish Dragonfire adept

He's 3'4" and 50 lbs, 60 years old (youngish for a gnome) Dark blue eyes and shoulder length light brown hair, and a short scruffy beard. Leather boots, white/tan/light britches, and a loose dark red shirt cinched at the waist with a leather belt, with a black/dark grey vest worn over the shirt.

He wields a longspear, and has (though doesn't necessarily use) a gnome hooked hammer.

Peter Dinklage is a pretty close celebrity lookalike, if that helps

15. - Top - End - #15

CURRENTLY ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS? NO.
    It would appear I have breached a dam. Nothing like opening the floodgates to provide a little motivation right? Sink or swim.

Anywho... here's number one, still a work in progress:
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

It would appear I have breached a dam. Nothing like opening the floodgates to provide a little motivation right? Sink or swim.

Anywho... here's number one, still a work in progress:
    Show
    I'm loving it, Artman! Thank you! he's so dark and creepeh!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    If you write gibberish in common, even comprehend languages won't turn it into a sonnet.
    P.Z. - gamer; friend; royalty. 'Tis a pleasure.
    <<Cynthia the Witch by me. she's a nice gal, I promise!

My player Resume, for potential DMs to read over.

My Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground

Damn, and your style is one I'd love to see my old Paladin character Ericr in too...

18. - Top - End - #18

fey, work in progress
    Spoiler: fairy queen
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

fey, work in progress
    Spoiler: fairy queen
    Show
    Squeee! I love how the helmet and backless outfit gives her a hyper-realistic look, in stark contrast to Oneris' heavily stylised version. Thank you!
    Lydia Seaspray by Oneris!

Spoiler: Acclaim
    Show
    Winner of Spellbrew Contest I & Subclass Contest II
    Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    That is the perfect ending. Thread done, Ninja_Prawn won.
    Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    We love our ninja prawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    NinjaPrawn, you are my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir cryosin View Post
    Ninja you're like the forum's fairy godmother.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkMinty View Post
    This is why you're the best, Ninja Prawn.

A Faerie Affair

Homebrew: Sig

20. - Top - End - #20

Hiatus over. Coming back to character illustration.
    Last edited by Artman77; 2017-03-17 at 06:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Hiatus over. Coming back to character illustration.
    Yay!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Good to have you back!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Very cool stuff!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

His name is sølve krone
    I have an idea for a half elf/half Dragon born he is a ranger beast master, 5"11, 153Ibs.
    Eyes are an ice white color with a gold outline. Hair is dark black with platinum high lights and two slender horns going from the front of his scalp to the back of his neck. The horns are a dark blue at the base but grow lighter till it turns white at the tips.
    He is lightly tanned with light blue scales going down the back of his neck down to the sides of his arms and legs. He is a traveler and wears light leather armor that is dark black with platinum trimmings on the armor are two daggers and a total of 8 darts. He has a bow thrown around his shoulder and a black and silver bailsong sword sheathed behind his back. He also has a dagger hidden on the inside of each wrists and in each one of his boots. He also has two earrings in the shape of silver raven wings and on one of them is a purple stone and on the other is a blue stone. In his right hand is a wolf ring with purple stone eyes.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey, great work! I'd love to submit something, if you're accepting. Not sure what level of detail you want or need, so I hope I'm getting it right.

Spoiler: Avren (my current avatar)
    Show
    Avren is a male human, mid-twenties, of average height and very thin, almost unhealthy but not quite. His hair is dark brown, near black, and worn loose at neck length (think Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings movies, maybe a little shorter--that sort of default male fantasy adventurer hairstyle). I'd describe him as looking like a really overworked, stressed-out trauma surgeon: pale, bags under his eyes (which are also dark brown), five-o-clock shadow, grim but determined expression and bearing. He's also recently acquired a few facial scars, including a slit across his throat.

He dresses for the most part in simple, practical traveling clothes, which I hope I've represented well enough in my avatar to give you a general idea (I'm not fussed about the details). The grey cloak is important, a symbol of his role in society--it should also be simple and unadorned. Feel free to draw him with the hood up if it's easier that way. His sword should be featured, either held or sheathed at his belt; it's a typical one-handed arming sword with a leather-wrapped grip and matching scabbard, no special decorations. The lit torch I'll leave up to you whether to include or not. Not pictured in my avatar is the heavy backpack he carries filled with both regular traveling gear and medical supplies; if you can manage to fit in elements of the latter in other places on his outfit, that'd be cool too (bandages, bottles of potions and salves, etc.). One other thing he might be holding is a severed bird's wing, grey-feathered, which he uses as a spellcasting focus.

Things he might be doing could include: bandaging himself up after injury, probably grimacing in pain (he's missing a few teeth); standing vigil with his sword planted in the ground; walking into a dark place with sword in one hand and a torch held aloft in the other; or whatever else you feel like, if you want to do this.

Again, I apologize if I've either been too vague or gone overboard. Feel free to let me know, in either case, and to cut out details as you choose in the latter. Thanks in advance, if you end up doing it!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey, I'd like to echo everyone else and say how cool your art is. If you'd be willing to do so, I'd appreciate something for an upcoming super's game I'm running for some friends IRL via. Roll20. I want to try and make the villain memorable, and a big part of that will be cool artwork for them!

Spoiler: Rough Description
    Show
    First and foremost, I'm deliberately using gender-neutral descriptions here because the character could work equally well as male or female in my mind, so I'm interested to see which you think is more appropriate. The only thing I will ask is that, whichever gender you go with, avoid sexualising them. Be it boobplate or sexy shirtlessness, they're not meant to be a sexualised character

So, the world the character is in is heavily inspired by RWBY. It's less traditional super heroes, and more a world where there are people with what would conventionally be called super powers. This character is the leader of a protest group against the current ruling government. Within recent years, and in fact as recently as when this character took control of the group (not a coincidence), the actions of the group have turned violent in their attempts to dethrone those in power. There are legitimate grievances to be had, but not to the point of guerrilla warfare being justified.

For the character themselves... They specialise in alpha-strike style combat. In this case, they use a sword and practice Iaido, so it's possible their clothing has an aesthetic reflecting that? If you watch RWBY, you'll probably recognise the inspiration as being Adam.

To continue on the clothing, given the group exists on the fringe of society, I think practicality would be emphasised over style, so a preference for clothing with limited baggyness rather than the traditional garb for martial arts.

Personality wise, I see them as being quite cold and calculating. Things only have worth to them so long as they serve a purpose. When they're angry, they get very calm, that kind of thing. They don't need to be angry in the picture, but I'd like to try and get across that sense of dispassion if possible.

I hope you'll give this a go, and look forward to seeing what you do with it should you decide to do so

GLaDOS Avatar and Pokémon Sig. by me

Spoiler: Alternate Avatars
    Show

Leah and Saura, Summer Rose, and Firebrand by me

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

all your stuff so far looks really frickin' good, hoping i can get in on this gravy train with my own character

Spoiler: Thark
    Show
    Thark (the character in question) is 6'10" tall, weighs 267 lbs, carries a cold iron chest(strapped under his efficent quiver), 2 bags of holding(either side of his waist), an efficent quiver(back ofc), and orc skull ram (which is basically a sawed 5-foot log with a strap around it, on his shoulder) and an enchanted belt. he wears a mithral chain shirt and A loincloth.

Thark is entirely muscle (str score of 20, basically always wins the mr. universe pageant) his skin is a darker shade of green and his tusks are not quite as prominent as most orcs'.

his rust monster companion(prefer to have in the same portrait, sitting in the chest strapped onto his back with the lid open) was tamed inside the Tomb of Horrors and usually ends up in the chest while they are in a town as Rust Monsters tend to be troublesome for townsfolk.
    I leave the rest up to your discretion since i think artists should be allowed their own creativity. if you need more information just ask i guess.
    Last edited by Subspace; 2016-07-20 at 04:47 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Hey all. Popping in to say that I'm still here. I've been doing more physical art, less digital so I've gotta upload some stuff, but I'll try and get it up by this weekend!

Updates; playing with 4 different poses for Luther, he's got alot going on. Thark sounds cool.
    Last edited by Artman77; 2016-07-22 at 01:33 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Colossus in the Playground

Hey all. Popping in to say that I'm still here. I've been doing more physical art, less figural so I've gotta upload some stuff, but I'll try and get it up by this weekend!
    Take all the time you need. You're being an awesomely nice guy for doing this, so don't feel like there's time pressure.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30

Thanks man.