New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Megadungeon A (IC) III

Nakon

And lo, the party did depart from Nakon Castle, get their stuff together, change out of court clothes and into adventurin' clothes (where applicable), got together with a squad of guards under the command of Crab's Captain of the Guard, and headed east out of the city!

Omorashi Empire

Outside the city, the group passes seven wild camels, of the two-humped variety. The camels, skittish, move off into the hills when approached.

Eventually, the party departs from the road and heads into the sparse jungle. Carp confirms that tracks as recent as a few days old lead off in this direction. A couple of the guards know the rough location of the tomb that is sought, so it doesn't take too long.

Lorelei's Tomb

The entrance to the tomb is a large pair of stone doors set into the hillside. In the worked stone above the doors, in badly-worn Aquan letters, is inscribed the message "WITHIN LIES LORELEI IV ARIELID, CALLED THE FAIR, AND HER HUSBANDS".

Graffitied across the doors in more recent (at least a few years old, but not more than ten) red paint, in Omorashi, "NOT WORTH IT, TURN BACK" and a little stylized doodle of a ghost.

The plants and brush in front of the doors are damaged and swept away; the doors (which open outwards, apparently) have been opened and closed again within the past few days.

The captain of the guard eyes the ghost doodle and suggests, "You're the adventurers. We'll wait out here."
    Last edited by Malimar; 2017-02-22 at 11:47 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Kataun Yriand

Turning around to the group, "So, let's say we meet a ghost. I am not sure if he'd be friendly, and listen to us. What would I be doing in that case? I think my weapon just go through the amorphous body." Kataun scratches his chin.

-K

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Lorelei's Tomb

Carp, apparently knowing something about incorporeal foes, nods to Kataun's words, "You'll need a magic weapon, or even a Ghost Touch weapon. I would offer you the use of my magical katana, but then I wouldn't be much use."

But let it not be said that the captain of the guard is utterly useless: he offers, "You may borrow my naginata until you reëmerge. It lacks Ghost Touch, but it is magical." The polearm in question is a length of finely-polished wood, inlaid with with Omorashi runes of power and prayers to the Ancestors in jade, with a short sharp folded-steel blade at one end and decorative orange tassels at the other.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    A naginata is mechanically identical to a glaive in almost all respects (it turns out a naginata is actually slightly heavier than a glaive, but that matters little), isn't even exotic or anything. This one is a +1 glaive (2-handed, martial, reach, magical, +1 attack, 1d10+1 slashing damage, 20/x3 crit, 15 lb weight).

If Kataun accepts the naginata, the captain of the guard is all, "I'm trusting you not to die in there. If there are ghosts and you die, we will have no way to rescue the princesses, or even to recover this naginata."
    Last edited by Malimar; 2017-02-22 at 11:36 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Rose

"After our encounter with the earth ghosts I got a bit of practice in and now I should be able to harm them more easily..." Rose notes, while examining the symbol. "Though I suspect this might just be a ruse to deter people from meddling..."
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Kataun Yriand

He looks a little stunned and stares at the weapon that was handed to him and ponder for three seconds. "But what if the ghost is hungry. I mean, this is a tomb. Or worse, what if we find the captive princesses, and they are STARVING for some lunch. And what if they insist that we, the heroic rescuers join them for the feast before they decide to leave this cursed place? We should be prepared for the disaster in case the Princesses refuse to leave without a proper meal."

-K

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Lorelei's Tomb

The daimyo's guards look at each other, flabbergasted by Kataun. The correct response to Kataun's line of inquiry is of course "mu"*, but none of them have enough training in philosophy to realize this, so the captain eventually offers: "Do you not have rations?"

* Mu: the question is wrong, un-ask the question, the question is gibberish, there is no answer. Which brings to mind my favorite eastern philosophy pun: "Does a cow have the Buddha-nature?" "Mu."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren

From behind Kataun's back I give the guard captain a weary smile, and make the flapping mouth hand gesture.

"I'm sure we'll be fine. Kataun, lead the way please," I say.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Kataun Yriand

Slight disappointed look shows up in Kataun's face as he takes the rations. "OK then. This better be beef flavored." He turns around, put the magical glai-nata on his back and start twirling his own glaive and poses. "変身! Red Seeker!" He turns into a dino-man again, and tries to open the door to get into the tomb.
    Spoiler: Malimar and Team A (Tentatively known as The Seekers)
    Show
    Using the Alter Self SL to change into Lizardfolk

-K

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Lorelei's Tomb

With some effort, the door budges under dino-Kataun's pulling, and beyond is a wide, steep ramp downwards into the hillside. Deep within, a green glow.

For reasons, Rialla stays behind (unless King Tius pops up to say otherwise) to watch the party's back or the guards or something. Smelborp does, too. Carp and his wolf enter with the party. The mounts stay behind unless otherwise noted -- though there's actually room for even the elephant, the non-skeletal ones are reluctant to enter.

Down the ramp about a hundred feet, the passage opens up into a high, vaulted, cathedral-like space, illuminated by glowing green stones (which make it bright enough to see without worrying about illumination conditions) affixed to the walls. Pillars line the space, and at the far end, another wide ramp leads up to an altar flanked by two glowing green boulders.

To the north and south are additional rooms; these rooms, and the middle of the cavernous cathedral-like space, have colossal intricate, faintly glowing circular designs inscribed on the ground. Think three giant pentagrams, except not pentagrams. More circles, fewer angles.

The altar area past the ramp up continues north and south; east of the circular design in the northern room is another wide ramp up; east of the circular design on the southern room is a wide passageway east.

Near one of the closest pillars lies an adult humanoid corpse that looks to be in the vicinity of a few years old.

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Code:
     #########
     #...+...#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo..###
     #.oOOOo.===
     #.OOOOO.==
     #.oOOOo.=
     #..oOo.. 
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     ##....###
     ##....#######################  .#
     #........+..+..+..+..+......# ..#
     #...........................#...#
     #......#..#..#..#..#....====..++#
    ##.......................====..++#
    ==...........oOo.........====....#
    ==..R.......oOOOo........====..ππ#
    ==.GLK......OOOOO........====..ππ#
    ==.wc.......oOOOo........====..ππ#
    ##.....*.................====..++#
     ##....###
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo.. 
     #.oOOOo..
     #.OOOOO...
     #.oOOOo...
     #..oOo..#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #...+...#
     #########
    # = wall/pillar
    . = smooth floor
    = = ramp
    oOo = circular design inscribed on ground
    + = glowing green rock
    π = altar
    * = corpse

K = Kataun
    L = Lauren
    R = Rose
    G = Gasket
    c = Carp Grandson
    w = Carp Grandson's wolf

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Rose

Rose decided to allow Sunshine the Second to stay behind, since he was the most long lived of her three horses, The previous two being Sunshine and Sunshine the First, of course. Sunshine the First wasn't named so due to being the first Sunshine, obviously, but having named her first horse Sunshine, the name was already taken, even if its bearer was dead. Having heard that in other worlds people would add numbers at the end of names to make them unique, Sunshine the First seemed like the most logical conclusion. A week afterwards, Sunshine the Second seemed logical as well. She was afraid that if she would have went through a lot of horses, this world would have seen xSunshinex, but what Sunshine the Second had that Sunshine the First did not, was a head. Rainbow still reminded her of her shame, how she got conned into buying a headless horse...

Rose got red as she was waving Sunshine2 goodbye and started the descent. Down under, she forgets her horse thoughts, as she is busy beholding. Somewhat afraid to move, but behold the sights she does nonetheless. "Are these rocks natural or magical?" She asks in amazement. "How many years have they been here, shining for nobody... I wonder if they were brighter before, or if they never lost their original shine. And these rocks there are huge! Is there a quarry of glowing green rock and they were dragged here?! And what are these on the floor? Ritual circles? Why are they glowing like that? Is it an active spell? Some trap? A glow-in-the-green-light paint? And why's there a body by that pillar? Wouldn't whoever kidnapped the girls at least clear it? It looks indecent. Kataun, can you prod it? See if it wants to prod you back, or if it has something shiny to offer..."
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Kataun Yriand

By Rose request, the Red Seeker starts to chop and make a fine-crumbly-dusty-mess of the corpse nearby, making sure, just in case it's a troll, it won't come back to life.

-K

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren

Leonora and I study the circles in case there's anything to be aware of.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Lorelei's Tomb

Lauren and Leonora inspect one of the circles -- getting close, they can feel the hair and feathers on the backs of their necks standing on end, because these are powerful magic circles. No need even for detect magic to tell that. They begin the process of deciphering the circular runes, which they're vaguely familiar with, as they're a relatively common, albeit a bit archaic, seafolk style of magical rune. It would take a couple minutes (which Lauren turns out not to have, because Kataun) to fully decipher the effects, but she's pretty sure there's some conjuration and/or necromancy going on in the text of the circle, and some transmutation (with some even more obscure stuff that might have something to do with psionics?) that looks like it goes off at a later stage of whatever the circle does, after the conjuration/necromancy is finished going off. Rose and Rainbow and Gasket come to a similar, albeit slightly less sophisticated, analysis.

Meanwhile, Kataun approaches the corpse and beheads it!

He notices the corpse appears to be lying on a shiny heavy steel shield, holding a shiny siangham, and wearing a nickel silver amulet.

Before he can collect the loot or even get a second swing in, however, something happens!

From a bit to the south, tiny ghostly forms seep out of the floor -- a school of ghostly, skeletal fishes, with gnashy teeth, which form into a group floating in the air!

Carp's wolf nopes on out of the vicinity immediately, back up the ramp to the surface; Carp sensibly lets him go.

Carp draws a shiny, runed katana, moves up to the swarm of fishes, and strikes at them! But the fishes move out of the way of his blade and are unharmed!

Show
    Code:
     #########
     #...+...#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo..###
     #.oOOOo.===
     #.OOOOO.==
     #.oOOOo.=
     #..oOo.. 
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     ##....###
    ==.......R..oOOOo........====..ππ#
    ==........L.OOOOO........====..ππ#
    ==.......G..oOOOo........====..ππ#
    ==....K......oOo.........====....#
    ##..c..*.................====..++#
     #...ff.#..#..#..#..#....====..++#
     #...ff......................#...#
     ##....###
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo.. 
     #.oOOOo..
     #.OOOOO...
     #.oOOOo...
     #..oOo..#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #...+...#
     #########
    # = wall/pillar
    . = smooth floor
    = = ramp
    + = glowing green rock
    π = altar
    * = corpse

K = Kataun
    L = Lauren and Leonora
    R = Rose and Rainbow
    G = Gasket
    c = Carp Grandson
    f = swarm of ghostly fishes

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Rose

"That's new. Also, eek! Also, my anti-ghost power isn't good on swarms! And did I mention eek?" Rose isn't happy by the ghostly piranha swarm, so she clicks her heels and wishes to return home, but instead a burst of fire rains down the fish.

Spoiler
    Show
    Energy Stun, Fire, with a single charge from the power link shard, for 6PP. 5ft radius burst within 40ft range, so move as far as possible within that range.

(4d6+4)[26] fire damage, DC 19 reflex for half damage (if save fails... Well, undead are immune to stun, so I guess it doesn't matter...), and whatever area attacks do to swarms. Hopefully, will bypass the ghostness...

Shame her force armor isn't relevant against swarms. Darn ghost swarms!

20/29PP

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Kataun Yriand

"Aha! I've come prepared...I think?" Red Seeker tosses his adamantine glaive, and pulls out the renter-glai-nata. "Let's see if it actually works. Red Rider Roundhouse Rend!" He holds the far end of the naginata, and makes the largest possible arc overhead to smash the ghosty-fishes.

Show
    Drop the glaive as free action, draw the naginata as move action, standard action to strike the swarm with Divine Surge (if need to be, 5' before this whole sequence)

To Hit Regular AC(+8BAB+4STR+1 magic, possible +1/2 FC):(1d20+13)[25]
    Damage +6x1.5 Str, +1 Magic, possible +1/2 FC:(1d10+7)[17]
    Divine Surge Extra Damage:(6d8)[28]
    If the damage is 10 or more, Knock-Down kicks in tripping attempt on the target:
    Trip +4 STR+4 Improved Trip Feat:(1d20+8)[25]
    If the trip is successful, Improved Trip kicks in, gains another attack:
    To Hit Proned AC(+8BAB+4STR+1 Magic, possible +1/2 FC):(1d20+13)[31]
    Damage +6x1.5 Str, +1 Magic, possible +1/2 FC:(1d10+7)[11]

AoO #1:
    To Hit AC(+8BAB+4STR +4 Deft Opportunist, possible +1 Magic, possible +1/2 FC):(1d20+16)[22]
    Damage Glaive +6 x1.5 STR +1 Magic Possibly +1 or 2 FC: (1d10+7)[14]
    If the damage is 10 or more and the target is standing, Knock-Down kicks in tripping attempt on the target:
    Trip +4 STR+4 Improved Trip Feat:(1d20+8)[25]
    If the trip is successful, Improved Trip kicks in, another attack:
    To Hit Proned AC(+8BAB+4STR, possible Magic, possible +1/2 FC):(1d20+12)[26]
    Damage Glaive +6 x1.5 STR +1 Magic Possibly +1 or 2 FC: (1d10+7)[16]

-K

16. - Top - End - #226
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Gasket

Diane goes ahead and purchases the scroll of Remove Blindness from Mario's, then attempting to cast it on Smelborp to cure his blindness. "You owe me one."

At the tomb, Gasket leaves Mirage with the guards, reassuring them she won't bite. Probably.

Seeing the swarm of ghost fish, she sighs. "This is going to suck, isn't it ?" She draws the lightning lance and waves it around towards the apparitions.

Spoiler
    Show
    UMD roll DC 25: (1d20+19)[36](1d20+19)[29](1d20+19)[26](1d20+19)[27](1d20+19)[32](1d20+19)[23](1d20+19)[31](1d20+19)[30](1d20+19)[30](1d20+19)[32] Stop if succesful or roll a natural 1. Mishap is impossible.

Lightning Lance UMD DC: 25 (1d20+16)[23] +2 if it's blind activation
    Attack: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (3d6)[7]

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Earlier, Before Setting Out

Gasket successfully used the scroll to remove Smelborp's blindness! "Much as the image of that nymph was a nice thing to have burned into my eyeballs, it's even nicer to be able to see. Thanks." He sarcasms, "Now I can contribute to the success of the team again."

Meanwhile, in the Present, in Lorelei's Tomb

Gasket tries to zapulate the swarm of ghost-fishes! But alas, it fails to function.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The UMD check is not to activate blindly -- Gasket already knows pretty much how to make it go in that sense. The UMD check is DC25 to emulate a race -- the lightning lance is supposed to function only in the tentacles of a grell.

Rose moves a bit away from the swarm, and feels a strange resistance to her power, as if the very catacomb itself didn't want her to manifest it. But she powers through, and drops a kerbam right on the ghost swarm! It affects the swarm for great justice! Many ghostly fishes blink out!

Kataun draws the captain's naginata and strikes vigorously! This, too, cleaves through many ghostly fishes, damaging them! The weapon itself does not appear to damage the fishes as much as one would expect, but the great discharge of energy has full effect!

Lauren delays a little bit!

The swarm of ghost fishes is not smart enough to identify the source of the asplosion that wrecked its sauce! It flows to engulf both Carp and Kataun!

But this provokes attacks of opportunity from both of them! Kataun's naginata passes through the swarm harmlessly! The Carp Grandson's katana damages a couple fishes, not destroying the swarm!

Then the ghost-fishes nibble at the two warriors, sapping their strength! Kataun and Carp both take 3 strength damage! I have already rolled a save for the beginning of Kataun's turn against the swarm's Distraction; beginning at the start of his next turn, Kataun is nauseated for 1 round!

The Carp Grandson, dismayed, succeeds at his save, then makes an attack! He does not declare "サファイア悪夢ブレード" or anything as Kataun might in his place, but Kataun recognizes the moment of concentration before his strike as the Sapphire Nightmare Blade maneuver anyway. He concentrates successfully, and... natural 1s his attack. Whiff!

Then, grumbling, he shakes the swarm off him and moves away out of it.

Show
    Code:
     #########
     #...+...#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo..###
     #.oOOOo.===
     #.OOOOO.==
     #.oOOOo.=
     #..oOo.. 
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     ##....###
     #....R.#..#..#..#..#....====..++#
    ==c..........oOo.........====....#
    ==..........oOOOo........====..ππ#
    ==........L.OOOOO........====..ππ#
    ==....K......oOo.........====....#
    ##..fff*.................====..++#
     ##....###
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo.. 
     #.oOOOo..
     #.OOOOO...
     #.oOOOo...
     #..oOo..#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #...+...#
     #########
    # = wall/pillar
    . = smooth floor
    = = ramp
    + = glowing green rock
    π = altar
    * = corpse

K = Kataun and the swarm of ghostly fishes
    L = Lauren and Leonora
    R = Rose and Rainbow
    G = Gasket
    c = Carp Grandson
    Last edited by Malimar; 2017-02-27 at 12:40 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Kataun Yriand

"Eh, um, excuse me. I need to visit the boy's room." Kataun stumbles slowly towards south. "It is a stocastic process. In this particular case, 2-dimentional. BLAAAAAAAAARRGGGGHHH. My breakfast!" He manages to lean against the southwest corner pillar of this large area.
    Show
    ONLY MOVE ACTION :( Move S SE

-K

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Rose

Rose hops in place a bit. "I helped!" She then focuses on another assplosion, placing her stinky burst in a way that doesn't also catch Kataun. She kinda knows that asplosion doesn't mean that, but she won't be stopped!

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6+4)[16] fire damage, DC 19 ref halves. 16/29PP and both power link shards have 2 charges remaining.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Lauren

"Well on the plus side, I can prepare a spell that will heal that tomorrow..." I say, backing away with Leonora. "On the minus... I'm not exactly prepared for incorporeal undead today..."

21. - Top - End - #231

Kobold

Gasket

"Ironic, isn't it ? We were talking about getting something that would help fight incorporeal foes a while back. So, banish these and hope there aren't more like them ?" Diane waves around the lightning lance with a flourish, hoping to zap the swarm.

Spoiler
    Show
    UMD DC: 25 (1d20+16)[28]
    Attack: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (3d6)[11]
    Last edited by Bayar; 2017-02-27 at 03:08 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Lorelei's Tomb

Lauren backs away!

Gasket activates the lightning lance and emits a k-zapp of electricity at the swarm! This uses a charge! And the fishes deflect or dodge her attack; she fails to hit their touch AC!

Rose tries to manifest energy stun again... and fails to conjure up the energy to break through the vicinity's mysterious resistance to her power! She loses the spent PP to no effect. She doesn't know for sure without detecting psionics or magic, but she has a suspicion that the area doesn't like fire, and impedes it.

Kataun stumbles out of the swarm!

The swarm of ghostly fishes goes after the nearest target, which remains Kataun! It swarms all over him, nipping at him terribly! Kataun takes 1 strength damage! He makes his Fortitude save this time (by a lot) and, beginning at the start of his next turn, is no longer nauseated!

Carp moves back up to the swarm, and deploys Shadow Blade Technique, weaving his katana in an elaborate pattern, creating an illusory double that glows with white energy; both weapons strike at the ghosts! But both weapons miss!

Show
    Code:
     #########
     #...+...#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo..###
     #.oOOOo.===
     #.OOOOO.==
     #.oOOOo.=
     #..oOo.. 
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     ##....###
     #....R.#..#.L#..#..#....====..++#
    ==..........OOOOO........====..ππ#
    ##...c.*.................====..++#
     #....fK#..#..#..#..#....====..++#
     #....ff.....................#...#
     ##....###
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo.. 
     #.oOOOo..
     #.OOOOO...
     #.oOOOo...
     #..oOo..#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #...+...#
     #########
    # = wall/pillar
    . = smooth floor
    = = ramp
    + = glowing green rock
    π = altar
    * = corpse

L = Lauren and Leonora
    R = Rose and Rainbow
    G = Gasket
    c = Carp Grandson

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Rose

Rose frowns and tries an alternative approach. "Zap?" She asks the mysterious forces, conjuring Electricity Stun.

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d6+4)[17] DC 21 halves, electricity damage. Also +2 to manifester level to bypass power resistance, if it's relevant. 12PP left.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Kataun Yriand

Dino-Kataun stumbles and staggers around a bit, steadies himself and gingerly walk out of the swarm. "I don't feel good. And the breakfast..." His grips are a little less tight, and the motion of the naginata is slightly less sharp as he attempt to hammer the ghosty-thing. "OK, let's not drag this on for too long. I won't be able to hold much more of the breakfast, or weapon if the fishy things nibbles at me too much. Blue Seeker, go!" Red Seeker makes a sickly pose and points to Gasket.

Spoiler: Malimar and Team A (Tentatively known as The Seekers), especially Bayer
    Show
    Move action to N N, standard action to Mountain Hammer, Swift Action to White Raven Tactics to have Gasket's Initiative moved down below Kataun for extra full round.

To Hit Regular AC(+8BAB+2STR+1 Magic, possible +1/2 FC):(1d20+11)[31]
    Damage +3x1.5 Str,+1 Magic, possible +1/2 FC:(1d10+4)[5]
    Mountain Hammer Extra Damage:(2d6)[7]
    If the damage is 10 or more, Knock-Down kicks in tripping attempt on the target:
    Trip +2 STR+4 Improved Trip Feat:(1d20+6)[20]
    If the trip is successful, Improved Trip kicks in, gains another attack:
    To Hit Proned AC(+8BAB+2STR+1 Magic, possible +1/2 FC):(1d20+11)[19]
    Damage +3x1.5 Str, +1 Magic, possible +1/2 FC:(1d10+4)[5]

AoO1:
    To Hit AC(+8BAB+2STR +4 Deft Opportunist, Possible +1 Magic, possible +1/2 FC):(1d20+14)[18]
    Damage Armor Spike +2 Str Possibly +1 or 2 FC:(1d6+2)[7]
    Damage Glaive +3 x1.5 STR +1 Magic Possibly +1 or 2 FC: (1d10+4)[14]
    If the damage is 10 or more and the target is standing, Knock-Down kicks in tripping attempt on the target:
    Trip +2 STR+4 Improved Trip Feat:(1d20+6)[19]
    If the trip is successful, Improved Trip kicks in, another attack:
    To Hit Proned AC(+8BAB+2STR, possible magic +1, possible +1/2 FC):(1d20+10)[21]
    Damage Glaive +3 x1.5 STR, +1 Magic, Possibly +1 or 2 FC: (1d10+4)[10]

-K

25. - Top - End - #235

Kobold

Gasket

Right! I'll do my best!Diane attempts to zap the school of fishes twice.

Spoiler
    Show

Umd (1d20+16)[31]
    Attack (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage (3d6)[11]

(1d20+16)[20]
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (3d6)[7]

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Lorelei's Tomb

It's been a couple hours short of 48 hours, but I'm presuming that if Lauren didn't have anything effective prepared last round, she probably doesn't have anything effective prepared this round either.

Gasket successfully activates the lightning lance, using a charge, but the swarm of fishes avoids it! (High touch AC!)

Rose manifests zappy instead of burny! This time, the environment doesn't resist her power at all. (The +2 manifester level would probably have applied if electricity were impeded, but it isn't.) She drops a zappyball on the swarm, which dodges some of it, but takes half again as much damage anyway... the swarm of fishes discorporates and vanishes, having been reduced to precisely 0 hp!

Carp sheathes his blade and nods approvingly about Rose's work.

Rose gains 400XP, Gasket gains 375XP, Lauren gains 300XP, Kataun gains 200XP! Rose levels up to 5!

Without further being bothered by ghosts, the party loots the corpse:
    • item #101 shiny large steel shield
    • item #102 shiny siangham
    • item #103 nickel silver amulet

Rose inspects the green glowing stones and answers her own earlier question: it's probably a naturally-occurring supernatural effect (which, yes, contradiction in terms), not the result of a spell or alchemy or anything like that. Some rocks just glow.

Show
    Code:
     #########
     #...+...#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo..###
     #.oOOOo.===
     #.OOOOO.==
     #.oOOOo.=
     #..oOo.. 
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     ##....###
     #....R.#..#.L#..#..#....====..++#
    ==..........OOOOO........====..ππ#
    ##...c.*.................====..++#
     #.....K#..#..#..#..#....====..++#
     ##....###
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #..oOo.. 
     #.oOOOo..
     #.OOOOO...
     #.oOOOo...
     #..oOo..#
     #.......#
     #.......#
     #...+...#
     #########
    # = wall/pillar
    . = smooth floor
    = = ramp
    + = glowing green rock
    π = altar
    * = corpse

L = Lauren and Leonora
    R = Rose and Rainbow
    G = Gasket
    c = Carp Grandson

27. - Top - End - #237

Kobold

Gasket

"Finally ! Some decent looking loot !" Pulling down her googles so they hang around the neck, she peruses the items with the aid of the monocle.

Spoiler
    Show
    Artificer Knowledge DC: 15

Shield: (1d20+9)[10]
    Siangham: (1d20+9)[12]
    Amulet: (1d20+9)[15]

Taking off the monocle in frustration, Gasket sighs. "Here, Lauren, you try looking at these things. Maybe you'll have better luck divining their purpose. Then, in Dinlun: "I hate this grizzfarbing continent messing up my skills."
    Last edited by Bayar; 2017-03-01 at 02:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Lorelei's Tomb

While all three items are clearly magical (judging by their shiny-new condition and lack of rust or dust), Gasket doesn't divine the exact nature of the enchantments on the shield or the weapon. She does, however, identify #103 the nickel silver amulet as being a simple charm that provides its wearer with straight-up acid resistance 5.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Rose

"I helped!" Rose declares again, with quite a bit of excitement. "I've been feeling like a burden lately, not being of use to you... But I helped! I'm not useless! Right?"

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Kataun Yriand

The Red-clad dino-man wonders around slightly, walking to south where the fish thingies appear out of the floor, checks around the corner to southeast, and inspect the spot where the fish came out. He looks slightly paler still. As Rose exclaims about her performance, he replies "Oh yes indeed! I think we a clear division of labor here. Any dinosaur? It's Miss Blonde's job. Making belts? Miss Blue's job. Ghost-Busting? It's your job."
    Show
    Just want to reveal the map section to the east of circular pattern to the south…

-K