New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Turnabout Streams! Let's Stream the Ace Attorney Games

I mean, it's pretty dumb, but it benefits from not really needing to be super smart, the premise doesn't affect the ceitical scenes that start up the themes of the game.
    This Minase Iori avatar is a masterwork by Qwernt

DS Friend Code for Pokemon Trades and such. 1549 7971 5718

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Right. This is a really irrelevant case, so I think with the exception of my favorite ship being introduced, nothing that can happen in it is really all that bad. It's there, it happens, it's silly, it's over.

Anyway, after my recent absence, we'll be back streaming. In the meanwhile, though...
    End of Rise from the Ashes
    Start of Justice For All!
    Have some archive links.

I hope to get back to doing recaps soon; I found some things that take up some time, and my energy levels dropped even within that. It happens.

Now let's roll!
    Last edited by Deme; 2016-09-10 at 07:10 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

The First Part of the Second Case
    The Second Part of the Second Case

Recap time!
    Spoiler: Spoilers for the Archives
    Show

So, a few months before the first case, Phoenix was visited by Doctor Grey, a huge jerk of a doctor whose clinic killed 14 patients in a big malpractice. The nurse he believed responsible, Mimi Miney, soon after got into a car crash and died. So he wants to go to Maya to get her spirit channeled to make her sign a confession. Because that'll work. Maya agreed, but only if he brought along Phoenix. So off we go!

At Kurain village, a cute little mountain village in what is clearly Not The Japanese Countryside What Are You Talking About? We meet back up with Lotta Hart, trying to be a paranormal photographer, and Morgan Fey, Maya's aunt, a serious woman from the Fey Clan's branch family, explaining that Maya is the missing Master's sole heir, and Mystic Maya ought to therefore be treated with respect. She can be an intimidating lady, who takes this all seriously, and treasures her innocent, spiritually powerful, and young daughter, Pearl Fey, who she has taken great pains to shelter from the world.

When the channeling begins, the hall for it is locked. A gunshot fires. Lotta and Phoenix break down the door -- to find a transformed Maya (we presume at the time, and then work to disprove) standing there, gun in hand, over Grey's body. Lotta snaps some pics. Morgan banishes Lotta and Phoenix from the room and performs the "spirit severing technique," whatever that is, while they call the police.

So. Maya's arrested again. At the detention center, we find her convinced she is responsible for failing to control the spirit -- which Phoenix doesn't believe. Maya says she has no recollection, as a medium loses herself in the channelling -- but she had a dream of a familiar smell, and being buried alive. She gives us something to give to Pearl to bribe her to help: a Magatama. Pearl is reticent at first, but upon being shown the magatama, realizes we must be "Mr Nick," Mystic Maya's "Special Someone." We have a shipper on deck. We find Pearl has a key which was on Maya's person when she locked the door, and should have still been with her when she was arrested. Pearl found it outside. Pearls gives the Magatama the ability to see Psyche-Lockes, the guard people place around their heart's secrets. Showing evidence and answering questions can unlock them, as we prove on a ditzy young acquaintence of Dr. Grey's -- Mimi's little sister Ini, parapsychology student, to prove she's Mimi's sister.

Back at the detention center, Maya's channeled Mia, who says that the key is already in-hand... And that Mediums, while channelling, cannot dream. Phoenix asks her what she believes is at play here -- but a trio of psyche-locks appear around Mia. She doesn't want to tell Phoenix the truth.

In court, Phoenix deflects all mention of Edgeworth angrily as they go to face the new prosecution: Manfred von Karma's prodigy daughter, the teenaged Franziska von Karma. She likes to whip people and ought to be arrested. To make a long story short, she uses sneaky tricks and illegal photos to prove to the court that even if Maya looked different, that's just spirit channeling. The court accepts this. We, however, manage to prove that Grey shot at Maya before he was stabbed and shot -- but the bullet passed through Maya's sleeve... So what does it mean that the woman in Lotta's picture, presumably the possessed Maya, doesn't have such a bullet-hole *after* the murder took place?

That's what we now have the chance to find out.
    Last edited by Deme; 2016-09-19 at 05:29 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Once more into the breach!

Edit: And Up Again. Actually, how do people who use this thread use it? I want to make my posting more effective.

Archive #1
    Archive #2
    Archive #3
    Last edited by Deme; 2016-10-03 at 07:40 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)