New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Banned

Default The Sacred Assassin (Class in 30 minutes; PEACH)

By request, another class made in just 30 minutes, it's the Sacred Assassin!

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special 0lvl 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th
    1st +0 +0 +2 +2 Channel Energy 5 1+1 — — — — —
    2nd +1 +0 +3 +3 Sneak Attack 1d6 5 2+1 — — — — —
    3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 Evasion 5 2+1 1+1 — — — —
    4th +3 +1 +4 +4 Uncanny Dodge 5 3+1 2+1 — — — —
    5th +3 +1 +4 +4 Sneak Attack 2d6 5 3+1 2+1 — — — —
    6th +4 +2 +5 +5 5 3+1 3+1 1+1 — — —
    7th +5 +2 +5 +5 Spell Sneak Attack 5 4+1 3+1 2+1 — — —
    8th +6/+1 +2 +6 +6 Sneak Attack 3d6 5 4+1 3+1 2+1 — — —
    9th +6/+1 +3 +6 +6 5 4+1 4+1 3+1 1+1 — —
    10th +7/+2 +3 +7 +7 Improved Uncanny Dodge 5 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1 — —
    11th +8/+3 +3 +7 +7 Sneak Attack 4d6 5 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1 — —
    12th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 5 4+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 1+1 —
    13th +9/+4 +4 +8 +8 Death Attack 5 4+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1 —
    14th +10/+5 +4 +9 +9 Sneak Attack 5d6 5 4+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1 —
    15th +11/+6/+1 +5 +9 +9 5 4+1 4+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 1+1
    16th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 Death Attack (2 Rounds) 5 4+1 4+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1
    17th +12/+7/+2 +5 +10 +10 Sneak Attack 6d6 5 4+1 4+1 4+1 4+1 3+1 2+1
    18th +13/+8/+3 +6 +11 +11 Hide in Plain Sight 5 4+1 4+1 4+1 4+1 4+1 3+1
    19th +14/+9/+4 +6 +11 +11 Death Attack (1 Round) 5 4+1 4+1 4+1 4+1 4+1 3+1
    20th +15/+10/+5 +6 +12 +12 Death Mission, Sneak Attack 7d6 5 4+1 4+1 4+1 4+1 4+1 3+1
    Alignment: As cleric, but a sacred assassin can only be one step away from their deity towards law, chaos or evil, not good.
    Hit Die: 1d8

Class Skills:
    The sacred assassin’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).
    Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) Χ 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Weapon and armour proficiency:
    Sacred assassins are proficient with all simple weapons, with all types of light and medium armour, and with no type of shield. Even if they don't choose the war domain, they are proficient in their deity's favoured weapon.

Spells
    A sacred assassin casts spells just like a cleric does, except that the sacred assassin uses the sacred assassin spell list, only has one domain, and will be unable to cast all of the spells from that domain. Sacred assassins can always take the death or trickery domain even if their deity doesn't grant it.

Channel Energy
    Sacred assassins are sometimes hunters of the dead, but more often equally hunters of the living. They must choose either the turn undead ability of the cleric or the deadly touch ability of the paladin of slaughter, irrespective of the sacred assassin's actual alignment. If the latter is chosen, it works as lay on hands against undead, so it harms (or, for constructs, does nothing to) all creatures.

Sneak Attack (Ex)
    This is exactly like the rogue ability of the same name. The extra damage dealt increases by +1d6 every third level after second(5th, 8th, 11th, 14th, 17th, and 20th). If a sacred assassin gets a sneak attack bonus from another source the bonuses on damage stack.

Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Hide in Plain Sight
    These are exactly like the assassin abilities of the same name.

Spell Sneak Attack
    From 7th level, whenever the sacred assassin hits with a touch attack spell, if the attack would be eligible to be a sneak attack, the sneak attack damage is added on even if the target is immune to sneak attacks. For example, a seventh-level sacred assassin who casts cure moderate wounds on a skeleton deals 2d8+2d6+7 damage to it.

Death Attack
    This ability works like the assassin ability of the same name, except that the study time is reduced by 1 round at 16th level and one more round at 19th level.

Death Mission
    At 20th level, the sacred assassin can declare a death mission once per day. The death mission lasts for 5 minutes. During this time, the sacred assassin gains a +20 bonus to all rolls, but cannot cast any spells. This doesn't remove the effect of any spells the sacred assassin has active, though.

Sacred Assassin Spell List

Sacred assassins choose their spells from the following list:

0 Level
    cure minor wounds, dancing lights, detect poison, ghost sound, inflict minor wounds, mending

1st Level
    cure light wounds, disguise self, divine favour, feather fall, inflict light wounds, jump, obscuring mist, sleep, true strike.

2nd Level
    alter self, cat’s grace, cure moderate wounds, darkness, fox’s cunning, illusory script, inflict moderate wounds, invisibility, pass without trace, spider climb, undetectable alignment.

3rd Level
    cure serious wounds, deep slumber, deeper darkness, false life, inflict serious wounds, magic circle against chaos/evil/good/law, misdirection, nondetection.

4th Level
    air walk, break enchantment, clairaudience/clairvoyance, cure critical wounds, dimension door, divine power, freedom of movement, glibness, greater invisibility, inflict critical wounds, locate creature, modify memory, poison.

5th Level
    cloudkill, mass cure light wounds, flame strike, mass inflict light wounds, mislead, slay living, true seeing.

6th Level
    mass cat's grace, mass cure moderate wounds, disintegrate, mass fox's cunning, harm, heal, mass inflict moderate wounds, wind walk.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2016-05-14 at 01:47 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Sacred Assassin (Class in 30 minutes; PEACH)

Nice and elegant.
    One question. Why mass cat's grace and mass fox's cunning on one hand and no break enchantment on the other? The latter seems a lot more valuable at not letting things get in the way of completing your mission.
    Last edited by nonsi; 2016-05-14 at 12:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nonsi View Post
    Nice and elegant.
    One question. Why mass cat's grace and mass fox's cunning on one hand and no break enchantment on the other? The latter seems a lot more valuable at not letting things get in the way of completing your mission.
    Mainly because I based it on the assassin spell list and then just added things. I put break enchantment on there, though.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's very solid but I wonder if there's a way to integrate Domains or something like them to reflect different deities and add some variation in spell options.
    Custom Avatar by Ceika
    Spoiler: Me as a Character... and Planeswalker
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-17
    Charisma-17
    But I'd definitely multi-class Druid with those stats.

Spoiler: My D&D 5E Homebrews
    Show

Rolling for PC Stats = Always a stupid idea.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Princess View Post
    It's very solid but I wonder if there's a way to integrate Domains or something like them to reflect different deities and add some variation in spell options.
    Well, Sacred Assasins can take a domain granted by their deity (and can also take death or trickery if they don't like any of the ones their deity grants).

6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Well, Sacred Assasins can take a domain granted by their deity (and can also take death or trickery if they don't like any of the ones their deity grants).
    Ah, it's buried in the spell section, but I see it now. That certainly helps clarify matters.
    Custom Avatar by Ceika
    Spoiler: Me as a Character... and Planeswalker
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-17
    Charisma-17
    But I'd definitely multi-class Druid with those stats.

Spoiler: My D&D 5E Homebrews
    Show

Rolling for PC Stats = Always a stupid idea.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Neat !

Some questions : why not put Knowledge (local) into the list of class skills ? It seems a staple of the assassin-type class.
    Why Cloudkill at 5th level ? It doesn't really thematically fit in, and you didn't put any of the weaker versions in the list of spell known, Solid Fog, Fog Cloud, etc. As such, it feels bit tacked on.

I like your capstone, it gives 1/day some relevance to pure melee characters at those high levels, and th rest of the time you're not a pure melee character :)