New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Final Fantasy: The Transcendent Throne [IC]

The sun sets on Ordur, calling for an end to the toil of its townsfolk. Where once they would have returned to their homes expecting the comforts of Coroheim and a full meal, they now trudge in the hopes that the foragers have returned with something good, or else that their Garlandyne occupiers will have new supplies delivered.

Relkana & Jack

It's been a long few weeks of keeping Ordur in control, what with the locals having been displeased by the last Captain to take charge of the town, and the mild friction between them and the cordial Markos. The soldiers have had a relatively easy time of seeing off those who would scavenge in the fields of Materia, but with only twenty of them, it's become something of a hassle to make sure enough are patrolling enough space to keep their borders clear.

The best spot to make sure of that is where The Giving Hand once stood, on a hill overlooking the Materia fields themselves. It also happens to be perhaps the most depressing spot in Ordut, with an excellent view of the blood-soaked fields, shattered remains of what was once an idol of hope, and the remains of bodies hidden among the crystals that shimmer in the amber sunlight.

The Captain has found that it's rather impossible to keep Jack doing anything without constant supervision, and given his ability to fool the other soldiers, she's had to keep close to him at all times just to make sure he does his job properly. The occasional awkwardness of long stretches of silence is punctuated, this evening, by the sound of two pairs of boots coming up behind them.

As they turn, they see two Garlandyne soldiers leading a large, hunched figure between the pair of them. It's difficult to make out the woman's figure (Although she's obviously half a foot taller than the soldiers), as she's clad in a heavy set of Coroheim robes that are covered in blood and dirt (Despite obvious attempts at cleaning them), but her face is clear enough. The familiar slightly tanned skin of Coroheim's natives, shortly-cut stark red hair on her head, and a slightly scarred face that seems set staring against the ground.

"Captain Vanstar. We discovered this woman during one of our patrols."

Spoiler: Relkana
    Show
    This is noteworthy because the garb of the Coroheim military have been forbidden since Garlandyne's occupancy, and that's what the woman is wearing.

~

Renne

Renne has spent a few days looking for food, and been unsuccessful at best - if it hadn't been for the plentiful roads of Coroheim, she would have almost certainly been lost. And the roads themselves haven't been as helpful as she might have hoped, what with most of their traffic being soldiers who weren't entirely willing to entertain the needs of a strange Tarutaru, but her charms did manage to score her a few rations and directions.

Now she stands in the relatively barren domain of Ordur, which is desolate in attitude if not in terrain, as its people drag themselves towards metallic buildings streaked with rain and dim glows lining the unpaved streets. It doesn't seem like anybody has any kind of food stall set up, but she finds herself in luck as she spots a group of Hum and Elvaan marching towards the chakram-like windmill that stands as the tallest building in town, with sacks of what seems to be fruit over their shoulders. At their head is a tall, wiry Hume with a small beard and arms like boughs of sturdy Saethyr oak.

~

Hiiro

After the Gold Chocobo incident, the disgruntled Garlandyne cavalryman who it belonged to pointed her (A more accurate term may be "chased her off") to Ordur, a town that promised plenty of wealth for an enterprising individual. Provided they had few qualms about stealing from the dead and/or the most powerful military force on Domum.

When she reaches the town's borders, she notices two things: One, the vast fields of budding Materia, and the remarkably grumpy folk that fill the town itself. None of whom seem like they'd be able to give her work worth the time. Until, she spots somebody standing on a hill near the fields of Materia - quite clearly a woman, clad in a flowing green cloak that covers her head and seems to have something of a vine pattern.

If her time as a Riskbreaker (And a Princess, really) has taught her, it's that there are two kinds of rich people: Those who know enough to stay rich, and everything going on in their domain, and those who happen to be rich, and are stupid enough to throw money at pretty much anything. And if anything's certain, it's that this woman has money - no miner has clothes that nice.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2016-05-13 at 02:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy: The Transcendent Throne [IC]

Aegyl were not a particularly common sight out here in Coroheim, something that Hiiro'd felt a little self-conscious about... but there really wasn't much of a choice that she had. She tugged the leather jacket around herself tighter, and stared towards her wingspan and tried to tuck it in somewhat tightly.

. o O ( You're gonna stick out like a sore thumb anyway... )

When she stepped around and started inquiring about work, Ordur didn't feel like a particularly fruitful destination. In fact, she got into some arguments with the grumpy folk and stomped off with a roll of her eyes.

. o O ( That guy better not have been lying to me. Geez, the nerve! )

Deciding the townsfolk were pointless, the winged girl had to stop and admire the Materia fields for a moment -- she'd heard vague stories about the war and how they came to be, but nothing terribly concrete. Then the woman in the vine-patterned cloak caught her eye, at that time.

Shifting her attache-case by its strap, the Aegyl headed towards the woman at the cliff to peer at her for a moment.

"... Are you offering work?" Hiiro just rather abruptly raised the question.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

*gwoooooooooooorl*

It was difficult for the little Tarutaru to hear her own thoughts over the sound of her stomach. This was probably the hungriest she'd ever been in her life, not that she'd ever really kept track of that before now. None of the bards and troubadours ever mentioned this when reciting their poems of adventurers!...though she supposed that it likely wouldn't make for a good tale.

The town itself, though, was pretty dull; the city back home always seemed to be lively...for the scant few chances she got to see it. This town was far more visually interesting, though: the grass that didn't need an oasis to grow, the luminescent glow of the fields...was that materia? Natural deposits were pretty rare. She fingered her own piece of materia, a softly-glowing pale-green orb dangling off of an otherwise-unadorned amulet (in other words, a looped string).

...but materia didn't make for good food (well, she supposed, anyway). She looked around and saw the procession of villagers with sacks of food, immediately stopping her search. She hoped that they would be generous... Before she ran up to them, though, she should probably take a moment to straighten out her story.

Let's see...her name was Renne. She was a wandering adventurer, and most definitely not a princess. She was passing through, looking for work and food. ...That seemed to be enough, she thought. She hopped toward the front of the line on her stubby Tarutaru legs, trying to get the attention of the man in front.

"Excuse me, sir! My name is Renne. Is there any chance you could offer an adventurer such as myself some work or som--"

*gwoooooooooooorl*

"...o-or something to eat?"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jack begins to entertain himself by throwing his dart into the ground, waiting for it to return, and repeating the process.
    *Thk... thk... thk... thk... *
    When the other soldiers bring the woman to Relkana, he's looks at at Relkana, *...thk* then at the robed woman, *...thk* and back to Relkana. *...thk*

What did she do? He asks curiously.
    *...thk*

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Relkana
    She looks over the detainee, as she stands resolute.
    "...Private Travolta asks a good question for once. As for what she is wearing, that is old Coroheim military wear, from the war. Even donning this is illegal nowadays. This tells me that she is not worried about wearing it, along with her scars, Coroheim heritage, the fact that she was brought in, makes me deduce that she was intending to cause trouble, out of say leftover feelings from the war, people brave enough to wear that are probably brave enough to rebel outright, in for a copper in for a gil after all. Are my deductions incorrect? Please either you or her speak, I'd like to know the reason why she was brought to me."
    This wouldn't be first brave or foolish soul brought to her to judge. She just hoped that she could find a way to let her off easy in some manner.
    "Please. Be honest, and this will go smoothly."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

6. - Top - End - #6

Hiiro

The woman turns to glance at Hiiro, her eyes not betraying the kind of indignant response most non-Riskbreakers get when she speaks to them, and then back to the fields.

"Perhaps. Do you have any talents in the fields technological?"

~

Renne

The man in front stared at Renne outright, as she bounded up towards him and the townsfolk in his wake. "That's the question everyone's asking, Renne." He says, waving his followers through to the windmill proper, as its slowly-turning blade casts shadows over the group. "If you can bring food to Ordur, and you're willing to share, we'll share with you. That's the long and short of it." He pauses to put down his bag, then holds a hand out to the diminutive woman. "I'm Markos, by the way."

~

Relkana & Jack

"You try finding clothes for somebody my size." The held woman replies weakly, pulling her eyes up to meet Relkana's.

"The detainee was found near the battlefield." The soldier on the right answers. "She did not seem able to run away."

~

Zupon

Despite the inherent difficulties in securing an agreement with Garlandyne, considering the country's trio of parties with very different opinions, Zupon's compatriots in The Pringoal Company have at least managed to get him permission to observe the Materia fields. It's far from the most glamorous position, considering the current state of Ordur, and he's been provided with nothing more than a Garlandyne tent to keep him sheltered in the warm nights. Which is quite unusual, considering the comparatively chilling nights of The Kos Magisterium.

Despite the lean resources available, and his relative lack of expertise in matters magical, he's managed decently so far. The biggest obstacle to the Materia's growth is what caused it in the first place - the toppling of The Giving Hand could have disturbed the underground cave system, which would make any kind of widespread mining difficult through sheer weight alone. But, he'd need to go underground to make sure.

His current note-taking, at the end of a day of study, takes place on the hill where his tent resides, along with a Company-owned telescope for him to observe the fields (Because he's not allowed to visit them personally). On what would otherwise be a peaceful day (Aside from nearby Garlandyne boots, which are often marching by), he hears a rustling behind him and spots a young Hume girl - clad in slightly tattered clothes - trying to creep up behind him.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Why me Kupo?Zupon pondered, while overlooking the hill and cleaning the telescope.

He wasn’t exactly a materia expert. Maybe the permissions came in last minute so they wanted to send whoever was available right then to do basics until a specialty group could be formed?
    But still the nights were uncomfortable. They were too warm, Zupon wasn’t a particularly thick haired Moogle, but it was easier for him to deal with cold than warm. At least the tent kept most of the bugs out. He wasn’t looking forward to finding the Garlandyne leader and requesting permission to map out the tunnels and assess the damage. Yet, it would have to be done eventually-and he at least had enough skill for that. The more he learned the better his rating will be in the company.
    “ku…po?” noting a rustling behind him. Zupon turned while dropping his clockworks, the gears and cogs aligning and forming a small miniature moogle which began waving at the tattered girl. “ ‘Ello Kupo. Are you alright?”
    It was getting hard to tell if anyone was alright in this area, the lack of food, living places, work, clothing apparently. Zupon wasn’t sure if she was a theif, or a kid enamored over seeing her first moogle. Company training dictated the prepared route, Zupon deployed the small clockwork moogle, but did not take an offensive stance.
    Characters
    Zellos Dark Orange FF8C00

Bunraku Zelgadis Plum(DDA0DD)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Ughh, enough with the stares already, geez... Hiiro started to chew on her lip and put her hands tighter in her pocket, but then rather plainly said in turn, "I can passably fix machina and make simple ones. What do you need done?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Relkana & Jack

"You try finding clothes for somebody my size." The held woman replies weakly, pulling her eyes up to meet Relkana's.

"The detainee was found near the battlefield." The soldier on the right answers. "She did not seem able to run away."
    Relkana
    She raises her eyebrow behind her helmeted visor at that response.
    "Right. And I'm wearing this armor because it makes me feel like a pretty princess. Come on, is that honestly your story? You couldn't find anything at all to wear, so you just...grabbed something illegal? How did you end up nude in the first place if you were so desperate that you had to wear this? Sounds like an interesting story, want to tell it?

Though, if I may deduce some more things, found near the battlefield? Where the new, strange materia that nobody has any clue what it does or why its there? In old Coroheim military garb? Hm. I don't know. This is starting to sound like a Coroheim rebellion attempt to get some materia, perhaps figure out its use, maybe use it as a weapon against Garlandyne, endanger lives? Perhaps, put innocents in danger? Especially when you evaded the question with your little joke.

So. If this is how its going to be, well, there are two decisions you can make: you can either tell me honestly what you were doing there so I have a good idea of the situation so I know how to best protect the citizens of this town and the citizens of Garlandyne and I might be able to find some way of giving you a light sentence for your assistance. Or you can be silent and not tell me anything and I have to assume that you have a secret that is worth dying to protect. Which means I have to assume the worst and put this on high alert, and since you won't talk I'll have to figure out some other way of finding out what happened, and how I could prevent this potential threat, and since I'm working in the dark to protect the citizens, your allies if you have any might die in the process for the lack of any better options. I'd prefer it if that didn't happen.

If you talk, I don't have to make these assumptions and deductions which might mislead me. Which might hurt my ability to protect innocents, or allow me to make a mountain that might just be a molehill, you might just be some disgruntled citizen that isn't in any resistance groups and thought to do something foolish to get attention or something and I can just give you a months labor as punishment or something, but I can't assume that when you don't talk and the evidence is painting me a very dangerous picture that I can't ignore for the sake of everyone's safety. Are we clear? I want to be merciful here, but I can't unless you work with me."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Renne reached up to shake Markos's hand, attempting to gracefully hide the fact that she had to stand on her tippy-toes to reach it. Still, what he said gave her some idea of why there weren't many people around. If the town was having a food problem, then her stomach was saying to find another settlement. And while she really wanted to do just that...she couldn't just leave things as they were. What kind of noble would she be if she ignored the plight of her people?...never mind that she was incognito at the moment and that these weren't even her people anyway. It was the thought that counted! She will admit she hadn't the first clue of how to do that, though. Markos might have an idea or two, though.

"Well, Markos, just tell me where I need to go!"

11. - Top - End - #11

Zupon

The girl spares only a brief look at the clockwork Moogle before looking at the man himself, her brow furrowing. "I'm Mizy." She stands up properly, and runs her hands down what seems to be a well-switched jacket that's either been passed down, or she's grown into. "Um, why can you talk?"

~

Hiiro

The woman reaches into her cloak and retrieves a fist-sized box with a silvery sheen, and an almost turtleshell pattern across its surface. "This." She demonstratively places her fingers on particular segments of the box, then twists, which makes the box unhinge and reveal a collection of tiny parts within. Then she closes it. "You will need to take your hands out of your pockets to get a closer look."

~

Relkana & Jack

The woman listens to Relkana's words with a steadily less-pleased look, until she reaches the end, then licks her lips. "Sorry, I dozed off somewhere after 'princess'. But no...you're wrong. For one, if I were trying to sabotage anything, I would be wearing one of the sacks Garlandyne has been handing out as clothes. And, uh, technically, you weren't making deductions - that was abductive reasoning." She adds, helpfully.

~

Renne

Markos makes sure to lean over slightly and shake Renne's hand with his calloused one. "I take a group of us out foraging every day, once at sunrise until noon, then at noon until sunset. Make sure everyone learns how to do it, so some can go out by themselves. But if you've got anything else you can do - well, mention it. Foraging's just best for the people who know when a crop's ripe."

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Cocking his head to the left, little pompom shaking from the movement, "Have you never heard of a Moogle before Kupo?" Putting on a smile, Zupon bows, but is sure to keep his pompom out of her reach, and his eyes aware. "I'm Zupon, Nice to meet you Mizy."
    Characters

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Hiiro tried to keep a straight face, and took her gloved hands out and leaned in, trying her best to ignore that just about everyone she's met today had been treating her like a child. "Is it a..." she tilted her head further. "Storage box...? No..."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Renne considered the question a moment. She didn't actually have any worthwhile skills in finding food. She'd never needed to before. Her proficiencies tended to lie more in the fields of politics and magic. Actually...that might work.

"I've got some skill with magic; would that help?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Relkana & Jack

The woman listens to Relkana's words with a steadily less-pleased look, until she reaches the end, then licks her lips. "Sorry, I dozed off somewhere after 'princess'. But no...you're wrong. For one, if I were trying to sabotage anything, I would be wearing one of the sacks Garlandyne has been handing out as clothes. And, uh, technically, you weren't making deductions - that was abductive reasoning." She adds, helpfully.
    Educated enough to know better than herself about the difference "abductive" and "deductive" reasoning. Noted.
    "So your educated enough to know the difference between the two, but can't pay attention enough when I talk about something far more important? and yes we're getting somewhere with at least that point, but your not giving me any straight answers or helpful information. I'm not here to joke around. I find that a little dishonest and it feels like your evading the point, if I have to simplify for you:

1. What were you doing there?

2. why were you doing it?

3. why are you wearing this uniform?

4. your name would be good to know while we're at it.

Any further refusal or smart aleck answers, and your going to be taken and confined until you feel like answering."

Which means take to the cells, or at least whatever passes for cells around here. (I'll edit this depending on whats available)

16. - Top - End - #16

Zupon

Mizy shakes her head and watches, enraptured, as Zupon's bobble bobs in the air. "People don't come here a lot. Only stupid ones." She points at the tent that Zupon has been lent. "Can I look at your telescope?"

~

Hiiro

"The parts are in the storage box." The woman answers. "I'm not certain what they'll make when finished, but I'm sure a talented individual will be able to work it out." She places the slightly heavy box in Hiiro's gloved hands, her own similarly covered up.

~

Renne

Markos puts a finger to his lips in thought, then nods. "It could, depending on what form your magic takes. Most trained in magic are, or...were specialized in various fields of engineering. Getting some of the old tech running again would be helpful, but the mill only produces so much, and our 'hosts' don't think much of it."

~

Relkana & Jack

The woman takes in a slow breath before starting to talk. "My name is Masenko. I'm wearing this uniform because it's good quality, and it fits me better than any clothing I've been able to find that isn't your people's. I was looking for power gems, because the ones in my conch have run out."

Show
    There is a small barracks that used to serve the local guard that has a single cell.

Also, power gems are the magitek word for "batteries".

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Hiiro nodded slowly and said, "I cannot really leave town until I get more funds, so I'll work on your box." She was slightly conscious to not let the accent she'd built up in childhood slip; Aegyl had a particular manner of speech, and especially in the innermost cloister where she grew up, where dignified speech was a must. She'd tried to imitate the Riskbreakers' more rough and tumble style of speech, but it always sounded... forced.

"My name is Hiiro," she introduced herself. "What is yours?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Magitek. Of course it was magitek. Sure, Renne knew how the magic of it worked, but the actual mechanics were lost on her. Still, if it was just a case of it running out of power, or maybe a misplaced rune or two, she could fix it.

"I can't guarantee anything, but I'd be willing to try."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Relkana & Jack

The woman takes in a slow breath before starting to talk. "My name is Masenko. I'm wearing this uniform because it's good quality, and it fits me better than any clothing I've been able to find that isn't your people's. I was looking for power gems, because the ones in my conch have run out."

Show
    There is a small barracks that used to serve the local guard that has a single cell.

Also, power gems are the magitek word for "batteries".
    So wait, the textile industry was so bad since the war that people in Coroheim are struggling to find the right clothing? Relkana didn't know that it was THAT bad in the rest of Coroheim. Who thought it was a good idea to start killing tailors? She needed to write a letter to the Garlandyne Council to somehow start getting this nation back on its feet, start getting more experts in to teach people the skills they need.
    "So, you really only wore this because it fits you and isn't Garlandyne hand-out, your educated enough to know what power gems are and to correct people on the usage of deduction/abduction, yet you somehow don't care if anyone sees you like this in a nation where its illegal, and you were looking for them in that field of Materia by yourself, and you have a smart-aleck mouth. So, your an engineer?"
    She said wryly.
    "Because thats the picture I'm drawing. Ok. Regardless however, wearing that is still forbidden, and my job is to still keep people from going into that field of Materia regardless of their reason, for your own safety. So. Even if you weren't intending any harm Masenko, I'm afraid I'm going to have to punish you anyways for this, mostly by confiscating the uniform and finding some light sentence to make sure you remember not to trespass on that field of Materia in the future. Though I guess technically, if we could somehow remove all traces of it recognizably being a Coroheim uniform, it wouldn't technically be forbidden anymore, and you might be able to wear it and go about your business without causing a repeat incident like this after? But you still wouldn't be allowed to near the Materia sorry, no one is. Its simply too dangerous since we don't know what it does yet."
    Hopefully the getting rid of the uniform's recognizability would be reasonable enough offer to Masenko.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-05-15 at 10:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

"Kupoo naa. I like to think I'm not stupid, but let me know otherwise Kupo" Zupon returned with a wink. Leaving the moogle to appear as a psedu guard behind them, floats over to the telescope. "Oh? Do you have an interest in the stars? They're very amazing." swinging the telescope up from the fields to the sky. "As long as you're careful with it."
    Zupon couldn't deny a lover of the stars, not without denying where he's from.
    Characters

21. - Top - End - #21

Post Re: Final Fantasy: The Transcendent Throne [IC]

Hiiro

"You may call me Mylin." The woman looks at Hiiro as she introduces herself. "A pleasure, I'm sure. You're one of the Aegyl, are you not? One wonders how you managed to get an affinity for machina, considering Saethyr's relative lack of it." She states, her head slightly tilting to the side, as though examining the winged girl.

~

Renne

"That's great." Markos smiles at Renne. "I think fixing up some of the street lights would do the people a world of good. Without the generators, they need local power - and there's not enough of that to go round, with all the cooling we need for food and purifying the water..."

~

Relkana

"You keep calling me a smart aleck. I prefer 'puckish rogue'." Masenko replies, blinking some dust out of her eyes as she listens to Relkana's description of her impending punishment, then shrugs. "I don't think much of being 'punished', but if you want me out of my clothes that badly..."

Show
    Nobody's killing tailors. But since Coroheim had switched over to machine-made clothes, and those would need power generators that Garlandyne also disapproves of, they can't make clothes en masse. There are likely a few seamstresses, but with their supply lines shattered and general quality of life down, they're not going to be taking commissions from all over the land.

~

Zupon

Mizy nods as she shuffles over to the telescope and leans down a little to look through, gently adjusting the sights. "Mum used to study the stars and the Angels, and we'd look at them when bad news about other places came in." She explains, as she tilts the camera towards one of the Angels that floats in the far-off distance of the sky, almost in the stars. "She said that the bad stuff didn't matter, because the Angels would always be up there to make sure our souls were safe."

She tilts the telescope down a little, away from the sky, and tilts her head. "That's a lot of water."

Spoiler: Angels
    Show
    Dubbed "Angels" by most of Domum, these are giant crystalline entities that exist in the far-off stratosphere with no obvious intelligence or patterns. Most of them resemble elegant wire statues, and thy have a slight glow that makes them visible even on cloudy nights. Each one has a name, often relating to an emotion that their visage inspires in the user - The Southern Hope, Saethyr's Wrath and, one of the most famous, The Sorrow of Xin, which was the first documented time that an Angel has fallen.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

The lights? Renne hadn't really thought about it much, but the place was kinda dark and depressing. Fortunately, she was pretty sure she could fix those...for a little while, anyway. It sounded like the problem ultimately came from a lack of a source of magic to power them. She couldn't personally power them forever. But no point in jumping to conclusions just yet; first she should actually take a look at one to see if that was indeed the issue.

"Don't worry, just leave it to me! If you could just point out where they all are, I should be able to handle it from there."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Hiiro stared at the box and inspected it for a further while yet. Sure, she wasn't ever the top mechanic or repair specialist in Bawdrig, or even amongst the Riskbreakers, but it was impossible to really live amongst the Al Bhed and not roped into a patch job here or there. Her eyes flit back again to Mylin's, when she noticed that she was appraising her. Somewhat self-consciously, her wings tightened around herself a little further.

"I was picked up by the Al Bhed when I was little," Hiiro answered in truth, placing her hand near to her neck where her silvered pendant was. An unconscious nervous tic? "That's where I learnt to repair machina and such."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Jack, who had been doing all he could to hide his amusement with this woman, let out a chuckle at the idea of her stripping down do bare.
    He immediately attempted to regain his composure(in doing so, put away the dart had had previously been playing with), disguising his laugh behind a cough.
    He had believed her excuse about the clothing from the moment she said it; before he said it, in fact- it was the first thought that had gone through his mind when Relkana brought it up.

As Relkana handled the situation, he could help but appreciate her decisions. This entire war had been stupid and pointless, and needles bloodshed would be such a waste- yet, any of the others he had served under would have dealt with this kind of situation much more quickly- and with much more cruelty.

Still, he wished she'd relax a bit.
    Last edited by Skald; 2016-05-16 at 10:52 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Relkana
    She turns her head at Jack for a moment then looks back at Masenko. It was a little funny but, unfortunately she was a captain in a military. It was kind of her job to be humorless.
    "Hilarious."
    She takes out a couple pieces of handout clothing from a drawer.
    "I'm sure that'll be just as funny the thousandth time some two-bit comedian cracks that joke when I have to enforce that law then to."
    her voice cracks with dry sarcasm.
    "That and I prefer Gria. Anyways, Miss Puckish Rogue, First Name Masenko, if you really are that concerned for your dignity, you can change in the luxurious privacy of your cell while you wait out your three day sentence of confinement for trespassing upon the Materia Fields, keep in mind any repeat attempts at that and I will be forced to assume you have ulterior motives and punish you much more harshly. Private Travolta, since you seem so amused by our new guest here at Garlandyne Occupiers Resort, you can help find a way to alter that uniform so that its not longer forbidden once she hands it over."
    She hands one of the guards the handouts to give to her when Masenko is in the cell
    "And while you take her to the cell, remember men: your boss is a woman. Any funny ideas and you will see just how harshly I punish that sort of behavior."
    She says this all with a straight ace and dry wit. Then again, who said Captains can't have their own exclusive sense of humor that the troopers weren't privy to?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"I'm glad that didn't end with an execution." Jack says. "Far to much effort for something so insignificant as fashion."

Jack gazes towards the ground for a moment, then looks back to Relkana. "So... What now?"
    Last edited by Skald; 2016-05-16 at 11:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Relkana
    "Private, be thankful for every day that doesn't have a death in it. Be thankful for every boring day we get, for boredom is the god's message and gift to soldiers that all is right with the world."
    Boring days are good days. Boring means she didn't have to kill anyone.
    "As for what we do now, we take the uniform, we go into town to find someone who might be able to alter it so that she won't be arrested, while questioning if any of them know her. I may be merciful, but I'm no fool. I want to hear about Masenko from different sources than her own mouth. Then maybe after that...probably see to getting around to actually investigating the Materia around here. See what it does, its properties, its effects, so we know what we're guarding, and what we can do about it.

This incident reminds me the longer this goes on, the longer somebody will try take the materia whether out of selfish interest, ignorance or rebellion. Which will be dangerous any way you slice it. I'd rather know what it does and if anything can be done about it than not."

28. - Top - End - #28

Renne

"You can find the lights under the fifth slab of every street. Just need to put pressure on each corner, and it'll open up for you." Markos explains. "Do that for as many as you can, and I'll make sure you have something to eat and a place to sleep for the night."

~

Hiiro

"I see." Mylin nods. "I can't say I have much experience with the Al Bhed, personally. But, from what I've heard, their methods of learning seem particularly...inefficient. Making do with the remnants of the past, rather than having a vision for the future." She pauses. "I'm being rude, aren't I?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Hiiro tilted her head and shifted uncomfortably again. "Can't you have both? Forgetting the past means... possibly making the mistakes you've made. The vision of the future must be founded on recollection of the past... shouldn't it?" She glances aside to say, "And, that's fine. I am rather... used to it."

She glanced down towards the box again and said, "I don't suppose you've got a workshop around here? I've got some tools on hand, but..."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh man, food and a bed? After the last couple of days where having either of those was a dicey proposition, Renne had picked up rather quickly to not take them for granted. "Alright, thank you!" She starts walking away to find those slabs, but then turns back around after a few steps. "Oh, where will I be able to find you afterward?"