New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: MLP The Cycle 2: Eclectic Twist-a-loo: Ultimatum - Shut Up and Save the World! Ga

The shade cracks a toothy grin, then throws its head back once again in a loud cackle. "How precious! This animosity has gone on a long time, little ones. There is nothing more to talk about. I do not seek to war with my sister - I seek to destroy whatever force has taken over her mind. To free her from its control. I do not know its end game, but I do know that I refuse to participate in its little 'games'." Lily frowns and blows from her nostrils, the magical shield around her shimmering.

"First off, it's 'she'. And second, my little 'games' are for the good of everypony. There is not a being in existence who will not benefit from my plans," she says, holding her head high. The shade descends and stomps a hoof on the ground, making no actual noise.

"Spare me your dictatorial justifications. The angels said the same thing. The old king of the Monsters thought the same way. You know what they are? Tyrants. They sought to use and to take - never caring for what might happen to others if they were to succeed. And now, you're seeing what their efforts have reaped - the angels quiver in fear at the uprising they've spurred, and the old king lies dead in the prison of his own making."

"None of these things matter now. The Heroes have arrived, and the Elements of Creation will be used to create the peace everypony in this terrible world deserves." Lily lets out a triumphant 'hmph!', standing tall. "Even you. Even your sister."

"We had peace. We had prosperity. It was your meddling that caused the war! What kind of- ...of messiah do you think you are?!" The shade flares with power, and it seems like talking has only enraged it further...

"The angels don't matter. The monsters don't matter. Saving my sister and reclaiming the throne as sisters united is what matters to me."

"This is what the Crown of Chaos has done to her," Lily says, gesturing toward the shade while looking at all of you. "It's whittled her will down. How selfish can she be? Would she really carelessly throw away so many lives in pursuit of her goal?"
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: MLP The Cycle 2: Eclectic Twist-a-loo: Ultimatum - Shut Up and Save the World! Ga

Silver, utterly annoyed by all of this, looks at Lily in annoyance, then at Rose. Then he looks at Lily again. Then again at Rose. Finally, he just turns around, heading in the direction of the angels.

"You're wrong, Princess Rose. These monsters matter a lot. I'm gonna go save them now, with or without you idiots!"
    As he finishes talking, his voice actually cracks a little, and a few tears form at the corners of his eyes. All of this conflict is becoming too much for even him. He just wants to help the people of this land, and has slowly come to the realisation that neither of the sisters is really going to help him with it.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2016-09-10 at 05:37 PM.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Nobility trembled, gulping.
    Those were big princesses, and she was a little spoiled filly.
    What does she knew about.. such complicated issues?
    But seeing her 'underlings' standing by her... saved her from fainting. For now.

But Silver Lining managed to wake her up from her shock.
    'Silver Fail! You don't call princesses an idiots, you idiot!' she scolded him with a whisper.

What would her mother do?
    What would her father do?

Imagine them in maid uniforms imagine them in maid uniforms... she chanted to herself in her mind.

'Your Highness... it seems each of you, thinking that the other princess is mind controlled.. but why?' she has asked, trying to look sure and brave.
    'It seems that, you both mean well... and also.. what is this crown of chaos, Princess Rose? Princess Lilly... what do you thinking is controlling your sister?'

Imagine them in maid uniforms imagine them in maid uniforms...
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-09-10 at 06:49 PM.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

4. - Top - End - #274
    Spamalot in the Playground

Dawn Star

The filly wasn't sure what to make of the back and forth banter. She was a bit at a loss and unsure putting the effort in to getting them to clarify was worth it. Still, why are they at suck odds? "Real family doesn't attack each other. Lily is only defending her subjects here."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Curtain Call's head snaps back and forth as the shade and the puppet-princess each speak in turn drinking in the exposition as much as she can. He blinks as 'Princess Lily' basically admits outright that whoever is speaking is not the Princess, but somepony controlling her mind. He snorts in surprise as the shade dismisses two whole groups of living creatures as unimportant to her. I can understand greying up the two factions so both sides are sympathetic, but this is just silly! he thinks incredulously. Both of them are wrong!

Wait...

And suddenly, he sees it. In any game with multiple endings, there's always a 'best' one, the golden path, the ending that makes every other victorious end look like a failure in comparison. If both sides in this conflict were wrong... Then choosing neither one must be the way to the Golden Ending!

"Excuse me, your majesties, but you both seem to be saying that your ends justify your means here," Curtain Call says smoothly, turning first to the shade of Princess Rose. "You took the Crown of Chaos, right? Doesn't that make you beholden to their well-being? Silver's right, they shouldn't be enslaved, and you're the one who should be protecting them from that!"

Next, he looks at the body of Princess Lily, glancing at his other companions. "D-dawn Star, N-n-nobility..." Why couldn't we have gotten character names? This would be so much easier with character names! Curtain Call clears his throat. "Didn't you hear what she just said? That may be Princess Lily's body, but that isn't her speaking right now." He looks coldly at the Princess. "What does Princess Lily think of this plan that puts her mind under your control? Did you ask her what she wanted before you did this to her?"
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    "D-dawn Star, N-n-nobility..." Why couldn't we have gotten character names? This would be so much easier with character names! Curtain Call clears his throat. "Didn't you hear what she just said? That may be Princess Lily's body, but that isn't her speaking right now."
    Dawn looks a little confused. "Um, but what do we do then...?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ettin in the Playground

Silver comes to a sudden stop in his march away, pausing when he hears Dawn's question. "We stop getting pushed around by strangers, that's what!" he screams back to her, his voice cracking heavily.

"We can't keep standing by and arguing about which Princess gets her wish while these angels are doing whatever they want." As he speaks, he makes an effort not to look back towards his friends, too prideful to let them see he's about to cry.
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2016-09-11 at 07:13 AM.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

8. - Top - End - #278

Dawn Star

Dawn backs away from Silver, ears down. She's a little frightened by his yelling. "Okay, well... should we go somewhere then?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

"Have you lost your minds?! The angels are working on making this world perfect!" Nobility snapped
    "Just because you are bunch of losers, it doesn't mean this world should lose as well!"

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Defeated, Silver looks to the ground, feeling just as unsure about his situation as he did when he first arrived in this world. "I dunno. I think I'm gonna go over to the angels, see if I can talk them out of imprisoning all those griffons and donkeys. At least not together with those shardlings. You four wanna tag along?"

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

"No! We are going to respect the princesses and hear them out!" Nobility barked at him

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    "No! We are going to respect the princesses and hear them out!" Nobility barked at him
    "Nobility, um... maybe we should find a third party who knows something about this destiny we have. Learn about before we decide who to side with?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Nobility, um... maybe we should find a third party who knows something about this destiny we have. Learn about before we decide who to side with?"
    Nobility paused. Those wierdos didn't seemed to understand elementaric basic idea like: angels are the definition of good! It's almost like saying that Princess Celestia can be wrong!
    She has raised her muzzle up
    'Because we need to know, why each sister think that the other is mind controled! Like Duhhhhhh? And about the Crown Of Chaos! Like dooooouble Duh? And we also like respecting the princesses, and letting them finish? Duh?"
    Also adding a very snobish eye roll

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

The shade glowers at Silver, and somehow its hatred almost feels palpable. "I don't care if I'm wrong, Silver Lining. My sister was taken from me, and with it, our kingdom. Once I have them back, the angels will pay for what they've done," she growls, a savage and bestial sound. "I would advise against siding with them. Those innocent, unfortunate souls they're locking back up will have to wait, but their day of true freedom will come." She redirects her glare to Curtain. "The monsters are beholden only to the King of Monsters, the daemon Prince of Life. The Crown grants me neither right nor responsibility to their lives. I've freed them now only for his sake."

"I know my sister. This... simulacrum is not her." the shade utters, when Nobility asks about the mind control. "There's a magical air about her. If you can taste it, it tastes a lot like compulsion. The worst kind of magic. As for..." she stops for a moment, raising a hoof. "As... for the crown, it... well, it's magical, and powerful. It lets the wearer resist mind control. My mind is very much my own. Do not even consider taking the crown from me!" she shouts, the shade taking a step back. "It's mine!"

"Lies... the raw power in the Crown of Chaos is eroding her mind. Chaos itself is taking over her - don't you see? We - the angelic council and I - had to exile her when she stole it away for herself." Lily accusingly points, and her sister's shade hisses, her brow full of rage. "It takes the Elements to free a victim from its chaos curse..."

Lily shakes her head and scuffs at the ground with her gilded hoof-plates when Curtain asks his question, however. For once, she looks less sure of herself. "It's complicated, Curtain. Lily knows that she is a key piece of my plans. She and her sister are blessed with a special kind of lifeblood, you see - they are nascent alicorns. I need their potential to complete the cycle." It seems like she's picking her words very carefully, as she occasionally pauses and looks up. "In the end, she resisted. That resistance puts countless souls at risk of oblivion. And so, I took control."

"She says I'm evil, and yet, look at what she's done to my - and my sister's - kingdom! Turned them into lapdogs for the angels...!"

"A leader has to make sacrifices, even if they don't want to. Everything that I've done has been for the good of all people, not just ponies."

Silver Lining

From looking around, you see most of the angels have already left, their quarry in tow. There are but two angels left, now - both hovering near the entrance to the palace, you make out the forms of Marekabah and Barachiel. A moment later, Barachiel disappears in a flash, and Marekabah turns her head curiously at you, having put a little distance between yourself and the group.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2016-09-15 at 01:41 AM.
    Morning Star

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen Hoof

'She and her sister?' Did she just refer to herself in the third person? Admittedly this back and forth was getting a bit confusing for the large colt's head. Trying to keep an eye on Silver Brazen gives Nobility a nudge. "Perfect world? Would you consider a world with nothing but ponies a perfect world? Plus the ends generally shouldn't justify the means..."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Silver continues on his path, only half-heartedly listening to the conversation between the two sisters and his friends.....and Nobility. It seems there's more to hear from them still, and he has no idea which parts are true and which parts aren't.

Deep down, he desperately wishes his grandpa was here, that he could somehow guide him through this. "That sprite probably wasn't even him..." he thinks to himself, stopping so he can prevent a sniffle from escaping him.

When he finally arrives at Marekabah, he swallows heavily, doing all he can to prevent his fear from overtaking him. Only then does he raise his head, looking the angle straight in the eyes. "Look, I have no idea what you angels are all about. And what kind of purity you're all trying to achieve. But...but you've gotta stop imprisoning all those people! They're not corrupt...or chaotic.....or whatever. And even if they are, I'm sure they can be redeemed! So...I'm demanding you don't lock them up! At least not the same way you lock up those shardlings! I demand it as one of the chosen heroes!"

17. - Top - End - #287

Dawn Star

"Um, Princess Lily?" Dawn asks politely. "Maybe we should be on our way? I don't think either side will budge here, so I think if you help us start our journey, we could get started on that. To save your sister? Maybe given a little food too?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

"Dirty Hoof... don't you think that... a world where boring old donkeys has their own place? Creepy changelings have their.. nest? Hive?" Nobility said, actually not finding much flaws in the angelic logic.
    "And yes. A leader should make sacrifices. Even... if it will hurt the ponies who love him" she said with a voice loaded with pain, as if she actually can understand such pain.

"And, dear Freckle Face is right.. we should move along." she nodded in patronic way.
    Then she blinked.
    "AND WHERE THE HAY SILVER FAIL HAS GONE TO?!" she snapped.

OOC:

Working in harmony with Dawn
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-09-15 at 03:41 PM.

------
    My previouse Avater

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Curtain Call snorts, glancing at Nobility and then away. "And who made you the expert on everyone's 'place'?" he mutters, talking quickly to avoid losing his nerve.

"Anyway, D--the Hero of Light is right," he exclaims, turning back to the princesses. "We have our quest to embark upon. Could you point us in the right direction? I'm sure we can do the rest."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Acting in Harmony, to bump up the roll.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2016-09-17 at 12:37 AM.
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Silver

After hearing you out, Marekabah nods her head and closes her eyes. "You do not understand, little one. They are unclean ones." Her voice is simultaneously calm and reassuring, and also stern. She gestures to the heavens, toward Purgist. "The unwitting pawns of the forces of Purgist. Mingling too long with them will draw the ponies of Equinia toward the darkness." She offers you a smile, however. "But, if you are worried for their safety, rest assured they are kept separate from the slavering beasts that deserve imprisonment. Gildaea is nothing if not willing to extend a hoof of salvation, but it must be desired. One must want to throw off the mantle of filth in order to receive it."

"If you and your friends would desire, I can take you to Gildaea so that you may see for yourselves that they aren't mistreated. Being the patron angel of Equinia, it would not be a problem for me or the others."

Everyone

"I will deliver my message, and then I shall leave. Your quest is folly, little ones, as is your own, villain." She directs a hoof toward Lily, who scoffs. "Equinia will be saved by its own efforts, its own heroes. Not by interlopers."

The shade quickly vanishes without another word (or even a parting cackle), and Lily visibly relaxes...a little too much. Her eyes droop, and for a moment it almost looks like she's about to stumble. With a shake of her head, she turns to the four of you and nods. "Your quest is important, yes - but first, let's get you something to eat and a place to sleep for a time. You aren't hurt, are you?" She looks about, spotting Marekabah and Silver speaking. She smiles, looks back to you, and motions for you to follow.

She trots up to the angel, standing beside Silver. "While I understand that you're eager, Silver, I'd like to offer you some food and a bed. As heroes, you'll need your energy for where you'll be heading to next."
    Morning Star

21. - Top - End - #291

Dawn call me anything you want, but not late for dinner Star

The filly's eyes widen a little, and suddenly realizing her situation, she feels a bit hungry and tired. "Well... yeah, I could use something to eat." She follows the princess, feeling hunger and fatigue catching up from the fight.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-09-17 at 12:34 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Silver glares up at Lily, filled with the deepest anger he has ever felt in his short life. After just enough silence for the conversation to turn very awkward indeed, he looks back at Marekabah, his expression not having lost one ounce of quiet disgust.

"Fine. You're going to take me to Gildaea. The prisoners won't take the hoof of someone who imprisoned them for just being who they are. But I'll show you what they're really like."

Suddenly, as an idea enters the colt's mind, a hint of a smile forms on his face. There is something that has been bugging him, pun intended. There was something that Lily....or whoever she really was....wanted, wasn't there? "Well, here goes nothing. This might lead somewhere."

"Oh, before we go rest, there's one thing I really need you to do, Ms. Marekabah. While we're resting, you gotta go and bring one of the prisoners here. They're a changeling, and I think they were in the battle earlier. The angel possessing Lily said we'll need one of them for our mission, and even if this one isn't it, they could still lead us to the right one."
    Last edited by Theoboldi; 2016-09-17 at 12:27 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

"And a bath would be great requirment, your highness! My mane gotten so dusty!" she managed to ignore Curtain Call when the princesses has answered him.
    Nobility frowned
    "We don't need filthy changlings! They will just ruin everything, Silver Fail!"

------
    My previouse Avater

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Curtain Call frowns, looking between Nobility and Silver Lining. "I don't know how much we can trust changelings... but if it can help, we may as well take what we can," he says doubtfully. "Maybe if we can at least talk to it?"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Dawn raises an eyebrow. "I think I missed something. Why do we want to talk to a changeling?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Silver rolls his eyes at Nobility's interjection, annoyed by how little she's been paying attention. "I'm just doing what Lily, or whoever she is, wanted us to do. We do need a changeling for her big plan, after all."

With a slightly too friendly smile, he turns back to the angel. "And, without another changeling to help us find them, we'd be looking for a needle in a haystack. We'd have no chance of finding them."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

"Pfff. Buh. What ever! Fine!" Nobility has rolled her eyes- skill which she was quite exprienced with
    "But the changling need to be restrained" she said, trying to use authority in her voice.
    "And I don't like your stupid like paranoid attitude toward the princess, Silver Fail!" she scolded
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2016-09-18 at 07:13 AM.

------
    My previouse Avater

28. - Top - End - #298

"Maybe not yell like that around the princess?" Dawn whispers in suggestion.
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2016-09-18 at 07:35 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen Hoof

Brazen has to mentally restrain himself from facehoofing. "I would think all have their place but it isn't really their place if they're forced to be there..." At the mention of food a loud grumble issues forth from the colt's stomach. "Food would be nice though." Trying to pretend the noise hadn't come from him.
    Last edited by userpay; 2016-09-18 at 03:47 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

Lily raises a hoof when Silver insists on going to Gildaea. "Before you canter off to Gildaea, I'd like you to learn more about the prophecy. I only wish my royal librarian kept better notes... the old unicorn, Starcutter, wrote treatises upon treatises about the prophecy and the elements. Between all that's happened since his disappearance, however, we haven't been able to retrieve his works from his tower, down in the Weirdweald. There should be plenty of time for you to do so, and the trip itself isn't terribly dangerous."

Marekabah waits for the Princess to finish before speaking in turn. "That is one thing to consider, before going off attempting to fulfill the prophecy. There's little reason to rush to Gildaea, I do not foresee leaving here for quite some time." At Silver's promise to reveal the true colors of the captives, Marekabah smiles. "Perhaps you will. Or, perhaps they will show you." Turning to Lily, she gives her a curious glance, tapping her chin with a hoof. "Though, I have not heard of any angelic influence on the Princess, here. What does he mean by an angel... 'possessing' you?"

The Princess returns a smile and stifles a chuckle. "I haven't heard of it, myself. I think he means the magical surges - you know, from the Crowning." Marekabah nods, her face turning to sagely understanding. She mouths the words 'the crowning' as well, then shrugs.

"But of this... changeling, she is already upon Gildaea again. I can arrange for you to meet with her, once we're upon the surface of that world." Listening to Silver again, Marekabah nods solemnly. "The hunt for the remaining changelings is something Princess Lily places great importance on. Involving the heroes of prophecy in it is a wise idea," she nods again to Lily, this time in approval. She quickly tilts her head, however, as Lily steps forward and lowers her head to Nobility's, her eyes focused on the filly's, not even a hoof away.

"They are not filthy. They are the key to learning more about my br- uh, the Prince of Life. And finding him is -" "- paramount to finding the lost Paradise, Elysius. Purgist already has the upper hoof on us - though I doubt they realize it, what with their king dead." Lily stands back up, her eyes trained on Nobility, though eventually she shifts toward the palace's entrance. "Come, now. Let's get you all washed up, fed and in bed for the night. The Weirdweald awaits."
    Morning Star