New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Kingslayers: Wild Magic of the Seekers

James always welcomes a good celebration for everyone one else, even if it wasn't always his favorite thing, personally.

He will ensure that Deeker is secured, and will prep Ethan to help interrogate the un-cooperative bandit about how much him and his buddys were involved.

((Do you want it fully RP'd? I'm fine if it's not. Also, I designed/thought Ethan would have ranks in intimidate, unlike James.))
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2007-09-15 at 12:10 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

2. - Top - End - #242

GreataxeFighterGirl

"I'm a legend? What for- nevermind." Cassy quickly realizes that anything she was known for before her 'death' wouldn't be something she'd like to hear. Or like the others to hear. "Don't answer that."

She listens to Silvas' plan, and quickly comes up with an alternative. "Well, I could just convince them they want to come along. They get dressed and walk with us, who's gonna stop them, huh?" Cassy waves her fingers, then realizes that spell has no need for her to do so. Still, it's fun to wave her fingers, anyhow.

{Cassy has 4 3rd level spells left for today, so try to get the fighter Suggested too, DC 20. "You want to get dressed and come with us to our ship because you're both in terrible danger here," seems pretty reasonable.}

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Default Back on the Bucket / Deeker's Confession / Sunhaven's Skaars

New Galorine:
    Cassy's magic has no trouble on Pauline. However the stubborn fighter shakes off the first attempt by Cassy. The second spell works, and he goes along quietly. Piece of cake. {Cassy could even pop to some discreet alley somewhere... spotted outside the tower's window, and head back to the Bucket, with spells to spare.} Outside the bedroom there is a lot of activity, sounds of residents and likely Pauline's servants.

Cassy's magic works so well, that no-one will even look at you all passing... if they even saw you. You will return to the Bucket, and most of the new cargo is being loaded as you arrive.

Lord Heron is still here, and under Highline's watchful eye.

Jamestown:

Ethan will find out that the wizard's name is actually a woman, named Barnessa. She is related to one of the sea merchant families, the Barnacle family. She is a rogue and was a former wizard of the empress. She apparently dabbles in slave trading, and has a few weaker wizard males who do things for her... in many ways. She also has a girlfriend who is high up in a temple that worships the evil aspects of Hecate.

Ethan files all this in a 30 page document, that even deals with other known associated families, nearly all are linked to the King of Kandor.

James will get a report that his local winery has also doubled in profit.

{OOC- James, Cara, and even Anthony's investments will be tallied by the Queen's banks at the end of the year during the winter festival.

Sunhaven:

Karl scratches his head, and suddenly looks up at Taros, "I... uhm... I uhm... I don't think I quite rightly know. Maybe I'll go to Yuan and ask them myself! Then I'll come back and tell you! I got some money saved!" The teens confused eyes, now switch to showing every bit the excitement of a new horizon. {OOC- He will become an NPC in another game... hee-hee...}

Cara will immediately find herself once again immersed in the tasks of the temple. Even more so now, due to her absence. Some people would ONLY speak to Cara.

The wineries have been compliant, and have been selling some of their lands to small farmers.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara greets everyone who is excited to see her return with warmth and cheer. It is a wrench to settle back into the 'administrative' duties again, though the lull of the ride back softens the blow. Returning directly after fighting would have been much more difficult.

Already fully refreshed from the excursion when they arrive, Cara dives right into her duties with both feet, doing little more than giving Taros' hand a quick squeeze before leaving him to the mercy of Karl and Bjorn. Someone takes her pack, which is fine, as she can see the person and knows him. Someone else tries to take her mace, which isn't fine, as she prefers to retain responsibility for it herself. "I'll keep that for now," she says gently, then proceeds to meet whomever finds it so important to meet with her directly...in her fullplate, with her mace at her side, and letting her inner glow show. Although her helm is at her side, rather than on her head, she surely presents herself in a fashion that the petitioner was not expecting.

5. - Top - End - #245

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

As Cara is pulled away to her duties, Taros feels a pang of annoyance. They'd had precious little time together once they'd met up with James's forces, and now back in the supposed tranquility of Sunhaven, it looks like they'd have to wait a bit longer.

Patience. They said it was a virtue, but at the moment he would've preferred a little vice.

Regardless, Taros lets himself be amused by the exuberant teen's actions; he must be getting old; he could recall clearly being excited about his pilgrimage, and all the wild fantasies that ran thru his head in the run up to it. Was it really so long ago? Eight long years ago?

Before his thoughts can begin running towards the maudlin - like his dragon-friend, or his family - he's snapped to the present by the wine-maker's persistence. "I thought you'd already sought out Anthony for a wine-making venture? Who is next on your list, hmm? I'm afraid my answer will be the same as for that young man there: as of right now, I am of little means. But if you can provide me with a true prospectus, then I may consider it."

Leaving the man abruptly, and bidding his adieu to Cara's family, Taros heads back to his own dwelling. It had been too long since he'd written his parents; the thoughts of money had reminded of them. He hoped what little he'd been able to give them had been enough to get them settled.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Default Sunhaven with Taros and Cara

Though Cara is quite busy all day, the evening she is given time off. In emergencies the priests of Pelor step up, but for normal public duties Pelor closes at night. Even the priests have lives. Cara is now getting a rotation going with her team of priests, so time off and vacations can be added to the busy priest lifestyle.

She could even plan for extended periods off, though she may begin to feel a need for old Beth. {Though Cara will find out, the Queen now pays her to watch over Cara's family in secret. Beth is now doing well for herself, even if the old lady still wants to live like a hermit at her small shrine.}

OOC- I am unsure which vintner Taros refers to.

Taros will find that his parents are safe, they are staying quite busy. They currently act as lay-scribes for the elves, translating elven manuscripts to imperial common. {Elfin is commonly known by upper class citizens and some nobles, sort of a hoity-toity thing in imperial society.}

In the coming time, Taros will find that he has dreams of Cobweb more often. She is mostly watching him, and talking, but Taros can never remember what they speak of in his dreams. Though she does give him images in his head of metallic colored dragons.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Once they are in a private area, Anthony begins to unload the items taken. Before beginning to divide them up, however, he gives advice on the new prisoners.

"I think it'd be best if we kept the prisoners separated. First, I don't want them talking to each other. Second, I don't want Pauline and her boy toy to corrupt Heron. Really, can you imagine the damage they could do to him?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Silvas

"Agreed. And I say we interrogate them while they are charmed and get on our way as soon as possible."

Maybe they can tell us some things about Imperial slave trading and we can finish up this mission. Oh yeah, after I unload all this wine.

Silvas takes on his Latigo guise and appears as they board the ship. He gathers a small contingent of guards and asks Cassy if he might ask her new friends some questions. He proceeds to give them a thorough questioning about trade routes, drug trades, slave trades, slavers, contraband, and other generally unsavory stuff. He tries to obscure his interest in slaves specifically by asking about a variety of things. When he's through he orders them bound in a similar manner to Heron, in a seperate room, bound, gagged, hands balled and wrapped, kept in the dark, and awakened every few hours to prevent them from sleeping well.

It seems a bit cruel really. But I don't want them killing any more of our people. And maybe there is something I can do for them.

Spoiler
    Show

I am without the benefit of Silvas' sheet right now, and I'm not sure if it matter whilst they are charmed but it's something like Diplomacy +19, Bluff +13, Sense Motive +19
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

9. - Top - End - #249

GreataxeFighterGirl

Cassy makes an icked-out face. "Why's everyone so evil also so skanky? Actually, reverse that. I don't mind skank, I mind evil. Why's everyone who's so skanky is also so evil? It's disappointing. I haven't had a good- nevermind. Anyhow, let's interrogate them or something."

She helps Silvas ask his questions, working to help confuse and disguise their purpose by showing a misleading amount of interest in the drug trade. Well, if she knows me at all, that she'd believe.

{+22 to Bluff.}

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

I should wear my armor for this sort of thing more often. It seems to make things go quicker. Perhaps they think I am on my way to go smite something. Cara smirks as she and one of the acolytes remove the tin can. I much prefer when Taros helps with this. "Can you have that cleaned, please? And I'm not taking dinner here. I'll be out for the evening."

After leaving her mace in its place - one of the shelves on her bookcase (she has no books) - she changes into fresh clothes and leaves, walking down to see Taros. Those fresh clothes are just a plain dress and shoes, but it always feels a little invigorating to wear something simple after going for several days in armor.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-09-16 at 06:29 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

Taros readily invites Cara in, veritably attacking her with a kiss once inside his abode. "I thought your services would never end," he gets out, while coming up for air.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara returns Taros' affection with a little less fervor, but fully matching warmth. "They always end at the same time, Taros. It's just a bit of a walk from there to here." Her warm smile takes on a bit of an impish grin. "And I found that people seem to think I am more awe-inspiring when fully armored. Makes it take a little longer."

The logical thing to do was to invite him to move. Closer to her. Very close. Like the same living space. Completely against the traditions she was raised with. Looking into his eyes, she falters on the edge of asking. Sure, she'd stood against an orcish army, Voidite priests, shadows, demons, and more, but that's the easy part of her life. Apply mace to orc. Repeat as necessary. Apply divine power to demon. Repeat as necessary. Apply healing to ally. Repeat as necessary. Easy stuff.

This, though? It is the custom in Skaarsvard for the women to be in charge, to make these decisions and tell their men when it's time to ask them out, to propose to them, and so on. Because if they didn't, those blockheads would never figure it out. But Taros isn't like that. Not in the slightest. He isn't a blockhead that needs to be told what he wants. He is an equal, a partner - and a highly intelligent one. And that...well, it's wonderful, but it's scary as hell, too.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Default Harvest Festivals and Autumn celebrations

Crusty Bucket:
    Highline, under Anthony's observation, will design a few holding cells from the spare lumber below decks. He and his boys will gladly pitch in to separate the criminals in the extra hull-space of the storage hold.

With Cassy's presence, Pauline spills a lot to Latigo. She ignores Latigo though and reveals all info to the mostly silent Cassy. "You into Fairy Dust? That stuff's pricey, but if you can get a large amount into the King of Kandor... you could become very rich. Oh my god Cassy! Did you join the Bardic Guild? They know where all the good drugs are. I have a friend who's in it. She also freelances for the 'Ladies of the Night'. She's quite rich, but I guess, if you got it, use it." She says with some jealously as she peers awkwardly through her thick glasses. She shrugs as best she can while bound.

She doesn't know much and has basically been making a nice living working as a wizard for this local gang of thugs. Pauline would have no trouble going to the highest bidder, even joining the Bucket crew. {Hahah...}

The young man is Lamar Werkain, quite an ugly tan man with longish hair, that is not kempt. He wears fine linen of nobility, but it is grungy as if he doesn't like to bathe often. Clearly Pauline cleaned him up a bit. He was not much useful for information. He seems to own a few trade routes now, but so do his brothers. From Pauline will be gathered that the main reason that Werkain loots merchants is for the slave trade. Lamar knows more slavers in Kandor with plenty of contraband, but he is not too bright and is mostly into killing and sex.

Sunhaven:

Information on the Deeker interview by Ethan will be on file for Cara and Taros to read. A secret copy will be sent to the King and Queen. Both will be sending more military aid to the region, and even discuss the investment of an extension branch of Fenbrooke's university in Sunhaven for wizards {good magic only!}.

Time will pass here, not long after Cara returns she will get the report on Cassy's 3 guests. Heron, Pauline, and Lamar.

Cara and Taros will have more time for each other.

Depending on where the couple go for the late Fall, they may encounter more forces of the Queen around Sunhaven.

Jamestown Fort:
    James will get a report that the Crusty Bucket has three important political prisoners. The report was sent to James to see what to do, the next step would be the Queen or King of the North.
    Time will pass here.
    If James seeks Trillo he will find that the wizards have now reported TRILLO missing. Another Queen wizard can be sent for transport if James needs it.

On to KANDOR: {Anyone else? }
    OOC- I remember talk that James might drop in with the ship once the crew reached Kandor. I could allow Cara and Taros to do it as well, unless they want to enjoy their vacation time... Fall is a good time, harvest is in, and feasts abound!
    I will try to make the jaunt into old Galorine role-play, but you know how it goes...
    {XP Will be coming soon. Maybe next weekend.}
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-09-18 at 10:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254

GreataxeFighterGirl

Cassy lurks in the interrogation, asking questions with an easy, confident manner, until Pauline starts going into too much detail about drugs. Then Cassy withdraws quickly, eventually leaving the room to Silvas. My own damn fault, I asked. Shoulda picked something else to cover our questions with.

She retreats to her room where she tidies herself up. Sitting down on her bunk, the teenager realizes she has little to do except think. And she has almost nothing to think about except for Pauline's information. Or Tunia's recent Sending. Or just about any other thing she didn't want to think about. So, she takes out the stone from her pack and sends Cara a message:

"Old school mate tried to kill me yet again. Stole our wine. We took it back. Boats are dumb. I'm bored. Hope we land soon."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anthony attends the interrogation, but does not speak. Cassy's magic seems to be doing all he could do and more.

16. - Top - End - #256

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

"Well why don't we do something about that long walk, then?"

As soon as he says it, Taros' stomach tries to crawl its way out of his belly, via his throat. After the moment's panic, his brain catches up to his mouth, mulls over the implications of what was just said, and realizes that he likes it. And it feeks good. Logically and emotionally. Sometimes his mouth was pretty smart.

His stomach thoroughly subdued now, he continues, "I mean, I'm almost always over there, anyhow. It makes sense, no?"

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

The last time Cara remembers blushing was about four years ago. And it hadn't been from anything good happening. It also had precipitated a fistfight. One which Cara had won handily. She has a pretty good right hook.

Taros gets a full-force blush as she smiles and nods, heart pounding. "Yes, it does. Very much so. Please. I would like that."

18. - Top - End - #258

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

"Right then. It's decided." Still embracing the priest, Taros can't help but feel that what had just transpired had occurred rather suddenly, and without much forethought. Perhaps he thought too much of things; this felt good. No, it was good.

"I'll bring my things over in the morning. No reason to rush into it tonight," Taros says with a smirk.

"On another note, I was thinking we should do a proper survey of the surrounding lands. Maybe a dayhike or two to get a feel for any caves, lairs, abandoned crypts, or other suspiscious dwellings about Sunhaven?"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Incapable of smiling anymore than she already is, Cara positively beams, and even glows. "Dayhike," she says with mock inquiry. "That sounds quite like something you do during the day." Cara puts one hand on Taros' cheek, tracing his cheek and ending with touching his lips lightly. "It is not currently daytime. That particular area of expertise is one I happen to be skilled in. We shall have to find a way to pass the time until then."

20. - Top - End - #260

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

Drawing the beautiful priestess into himself, Taros merely quips, "Oh, I think we can find something to do to pass the time until then."

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, Cara isn't actually there when Taros moves his his things into her rooms. It's like a lovely gift to find him there when she is done for the day. Not that it's never happened before, but the knowledge that he will be there, that there's no question of it, and that he will be there tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that - it's more than enough to keep her step light all through the day. And to keep her glowing.

If her mother knew about this arrangement, she'd get the Cow speech. Because everything for her mother relates to cows, or chickens, or pigs in one way or another. This particular one would be of the 'why buy the cow when the milk is free?' theme. It would undoubtedly have a lament about grandchildren tacked onto the end. But waking up to find Taros beside her, Cara just doesn't care all that much. This is a good thing. The rest will happen when it happens. There are still important things for her to do in this world, as Cassy is constantly reminding her with her Sendings complaining of boredom.

It's while they are sitting together, eating, that Cara brings that last concern up. "Taros, do you want to join Cassy and the others when they make their foray into Kandor?" She'd like to go, and cannot disguise that fact completely, though she tries, so as to not overly influence his choice. The reasons why they are not suited to the task haven't changed, but sitting around in Sunhaven, however enjoyable it is, will eventually grate on her nerves. No matter how many 'dayhikes' they take.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2007-09-21 at 07:12 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

At first he thought it'd be awkward, sharing a living space with her. He'd been on his own for a very long time, even if most've that time he'd spent in tents or otherwise bivouacked out in the field. But it wasn't; it just came naturally.

Cara's question doesn't catch him off guard. Quite the opposite, actually: "I thought you'd never ask. Of course I would. The thought of sitting here, finding things to pass the time - though passing the time with you is a wonderful way to do so - while others are facing danger, at my suggestion?"

"We'll meet up with them at the first opportunity. Besides, the Gods know what trouble those lot are stirring up, without us to oversee them," Taros grins.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Grinning back at him, Cara nods. "By what Cassy tells me, there is no trouble to be stirred up, but I expect she is leaving things out when they seem to be quickly and easily dealt with. What do you think? Just pop in and surprise them, or give them fair warning? I'm sure Trillo can get us right to them without a problem."

24. - Top - End - #264

SolithKnightGuy

Taros

Taros's grin never fades, "I think they like surprises. Who wouldn't, will in a hostile country, far from home, right?"

At Trillo's mention, his grin turns into a small frown, "You mean teleportation? I dislike it so, though it does beat walking or sailing all that ways. I just worry they'll get the incantations wrong, and I'll end up inside a mountain or something."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara shrugs. Teleporting has never bothered her in the slightest. Maybe it's just that she sits in the palm of Pelor's hand, and he shields her from that sort of thing, or maybe she's just made of a kind of stuff that doesn't have a problem with it. Possibly it's just from growing up on a farm, and being what they sometimes call 'earthy' or 'grounded'.

"We'll never get there in anything like a reasonable amount of time if we don't teleport. I'll see if I can get him or someone else to take us to them in the morning."
    She smirks. "It would be a shame to go without getting a full night's rest first."

As soon as she can get someone to teleport them out to the Crusty Bucket, she does. It is an amusing quirk of timing that puts them on the deck just as Cassy's latest Sending reaches her. Decked out in her regular gear and glowing, she grins.

To Cassy: "Then maybe you should go up on deck."

26. - Top - End - #266

GreataxeFighterGirl

Cassy tilts her head to the side as she gets Cara's latest message. Knowing that her best friend can't even hear her, Cassy still speaks aloud, "What, and go bored in the open air? That's stupid. I mean, it's not as if anything… interesting… is… HEY!" Slowly her mind pieces together what Cara's message means, forcing her speech to slow down and finally cease before her exclamation of realization.

Grabbing her staff, the teenager waves her hand once to dismiss the illusion that disguises her, and then says a single word in Draconic. Nothing happens. "Fine, fine, I'll walk." Walking is hardly what she does, though, as she bolts through the door and darts along the narrow hall of the ship before bounding up the stairs and ending up on deck.

She turns slowly in a circle, seeing Cara and Taros, but pretending not to at first. "Why would that big hick tell me to come up here, huh? Rocks-for-brains priestess! Or maybe it was that dolt paladin's idea of a holy joke." Cassy turns once more in a circle, then slowly turns back and grins at the two of them. "Well, well. Look what the basilisk dragged in."

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Cara lets Cassy go on. Her wit was one of the things she'd missed. But then she steps up immediately and gives Cassy a big hug. "I missed you, too." She squeezes gently, knowing she is covered in metal plates, which aren't exactly fun to hug, then lets go. "We thought that since it was boring at home, and it's boring here, the best thing for everyone was to be bored together. Are we near Kandor?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Default Old Galorine: The Ancient City of Luxury

Port of Old Galorine:

The floating walls of New Galorine stretched endlessly into the distance as the Crusty Bucket pulled away, and even when it was nearly out of sight the next day, it filled the horizon as a black line. The structures were new, and magically created, and some even haphazardly tossed together. The poorly built ones leaned together, some even the top's of the towers touched. {OOC- As the mythical city of Anhk-Morpork. Some legendary city somewhere in the multiverse called, Discworld. }

This horribly crowded city had an army of sea druids maintaining the sea around it, and keeping the pollution contained. Many of these red and green marked imperial ships were seen, among the merchant and fishing ships. These 'druid' ships also carried many soldiers and acted as sea-patrol.

There is strict rlaws once you reach Kandorian seas, and shipping lanes must be abided. There is constant patrol, and only licensed, KANDORIAN citizens could be fisherman, and seemed spaced, but still the seas were crowded. The fisherman were the main trade import into New Galorine, and many greedy KANDORIANS have made a fortune fishing for the Galorites of New Galorine.

The Crusty Bucket is given a good wind, and a safe passage through the Kandorian seas and the traffic. Any Druid ship encountered saluted the Crusty Bucket as it passed. Word had clearly spread of the execution of Werkain, who died in a raging inferno that still is being fought by sea druids. The smoke however was not seen, for invisible Air Druids of the Empress kept the air clean.
    Most of your information will be in occassional updates that Robero gives, who is in contact with the priest of Bahamut, who is acting as his wise council. {OOC- He never finished the naval academy, and his skills are kind of low. Though Cassy, Silvas, and Anthony had figured out this a long time ago}

Deck of the Crusty Bucket, near Old Galorine, Morning:

Cara and Taros' appearance with a young elven wizard named, Thistleberry, takes a moment to be noticed by the busy crew, with all excited at 'normal' landfall. Thistleberry has been Trillo's replacement diplomat for the Queen. A skinny, nervous fellow he is immediate sea-sick when he apppears on the ship. "Uhmmm.... ert.. that will be all madam?" He will bow respectfully then teleport away before he loses his lunch.

As Cassy bounds to the deck, the first officer Helmav is noticing the suddenly appearing 'stow-aways' as the crew around Taros and Cara begin to stop working, and begin staring at Cara as if she is a goddess. A few men will bow and weep tears of happiness.

Rugus the cook is one who bows and mutters to Cara, "Oh sweet Sif! Where is your golden sword? Bless us all!"

Helmav will smack Rugus in the head as Cassy greets Cara, "Get up you bone-head! This is the great sun priestess, Lady Cara, you fool."

Cara will answer her own question, as she looks beyond Cassy and the crew to Old Galorine. Taros, Cassy, and Anthony might've seen Galorine as children. Taros maybe on a diplomatic mission with his father, Anthony to see the games, and Cassy to sit in the rented palace bedroom and listen to the roar of the crowd while her parents enjoyed the games. {Probably James if he comes along.}

It is a beautiful city if you like great ancient architecture and huge stone cathedrals. Libraries were some of the largest buildings here, and the towers of the ancient Galorine wizard university were an artform to themselves. {A rival school of Cassy's, her's was the largest and at the heart of the empire.}

The most impressive building not the King's palace was a coliseum on a hill. There were several buildings that were connected to it, but judging by the crowded Market Place on the hillside it was a center piece to this city. It had changed since any of you had come here as children. It probably had a 100,000 people living there and in the hills back then, now it probably was double that! This is huge, but actually a lot less threatening than the massive city of Galorites beyond the sea-wall.

Cara will have never seen anything like it. The lands of Helmswood the Queen's city, including the lands around it, totaled 50,000 people, but this city was so concentrated and huge. {OOC- She will be amazed the most since she has never seen a city like this before.}

When Rome thrived of old it looked like Old Galorine, with the life and color that covered every wall, graffiti and everything. There was a lot of gold filigree and paint on much of everything, including the great gate to the port.

The great white and gold walled palace in the distance was the jewel of the city and it's tower walls loomed in the backdrop of the coliseum. The lands surrounding the palace were open and wild, and the only bit of nature viewable on Kandor from your perspective here on the Bucket.

The city port had a giant wall around the harbor. The soldiers wore brown surcoats with a black dragon and manned this wall. There were shady-looking warehouse docks, outside the main harbor, but all legitimate trade went to the Main docks. The warehouses were for raw goods and criminals.

The gates will open for the Crusty Bucket, a druid ship will even be following it in as an honorary escort. Even the Kandorian soldiers will salute the Crusty Bucket as it approaches the harbor walls.

{OOC- Robero will allow you to choose where to dock the boat {of course }. At the Main Harbor you can set-up shop in a very affluent city, or in a shady area at the warehouses....
    Typical Inns are here, but remember it is a city of high magic, and illicit activity. Every Inn is a brothel and every cafe sells drugs. Heavy Kandorian guard keeps order, and arrest rates are alarmingly high, as are the execution rates. Galorites are only allowed into the city as slaves. This added info coming from Robero's Bahamat source. The prices here are anywhere from 4 to 10 times as much, and even higher at times... depending on the 'deal'. }

Jamestown:
    James and Ethan will have everything in order around the fort when James gets the message that the Crusty Bucket is in Kandor. {OOC- If I don't hear from Vazzaroth soon, I am going to assume... for game sake that he joined along. But, I will retro him where ever if needed at this time.}
    Last edited by BlueWizard; 2007-09-22 at 03:47 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269

GreataxeFighterGirl

Cassy hugs Cara, then knocks on the armplate of her armor. "As Chulyen would say, 'clang!'" She turns to look at the city as they approach. "That'd be Old Galorine. At least things will get more interesting from here out. Maybe none of us will hafta be bored!"

"Oh, and now that you're here, I've made a list of people and inanimate objects I've said you'll punch for me. You prefer alphabetical or in the order the threats occurred in?"
    Last edited by kariokie; 2007-09-22 at 04:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, Thistleberry. Let us know if anyone hears anything about Trillo."

Chuckling at Cassy's query, Cara chances to look up, and her eyes go wide. "By the Silver- No one mentioned it was this...vast." Her glow fades and she just gapes all around like the hick that she is. "How do they breathe? Where do they put everyone? Where do the children play?" At least she'd seen a city before. Otherwise, she'd be asking much dumber questions, like 'where do they put the cows?' or 'how can a building be stacked so high?'