New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Beguiler to Archmage - Char Gen

Hi guys,

Recently I've been discussing something with my DM who lurks in these forums. As a result, I've been going through a kind of mental exercise of statting a Beguiler 14/ Archmage 1.

I'm aware it's not particularly optimized, you know beyond being a tier 3 caster as good as any other. But actually I'd be really interested in hearing the Playground's take on feats, 32 point by, a WBL for an NPC of the same level. As well as any particular must haves from Advanced Learning.

Any suggestions people?
    Once you have removed the impossible, whatever remains no matter how unlikely must be the truth. Or in the case of D&D; the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    Try replacing "-" with "potato." Both are equally not numerical values. Can you show me that you can cast (potato minus one) level spells? Of course not, because "lower" doesn't apply, potato isn't a number. It'd be like saying you can cast a spell if you have slot greener than six available.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Beguiler to Archmage - Char Gen

Feats
    1 Skill focus (spellcraft)
    3 Spell focus (enchantment)
    6 Spell focus (illusion)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: Beguiler to Archmage - Char Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Adventurer View Post
    Feats
    1 Skill focus (spellcraft)
    3 Spell focus (enchantment)
    6 Spell focus (illusion)
    Helpful. Though I even question why you'd buy them in that order.
    Once you have removed the impossible, whatever remains no matter how unlikely must be the truth. Or in the case of D&D; the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    Try replacing "-" with "potato." Both are equally not numerical values. Can you show me that you can cast (potato minus one) level spells? Of course not, because "lower" doesn't apply, potato isn't a number. It'd be like saying you can cast a spell if you have slot greener than six available.