The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1119
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous OOC [3.5, Group B]

We never did anything with the magical box we found in the Tower of Estrod right? I think the idea was to not open it at the Inn.

I thought someone else might post the next IC section. I've been re-reading the IC from the beginning while taking notes. If no one else gets it done first I can post it. Do we have a volunteer to do another part?
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Group-Stats for lacco36's [Riddle of Steel] Soldiers of Fortune
    Kricen for J-H's Complex of Doom
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ettin in the Playground

For whoever finishes our story to the Queen, here's the last letter. Who's it going to be?
    Spoiler: Gray Garrison Letter
    Show

Quesion about Arcane Surge
    Arcane Surge, Archmage Arcana: You can spend one mythic power charge, as a swift action, to cast any one arcane spell which you either prepared this morning as a prepared caster, or know as a spontaneous caster, without using up the spell or spell slot. You can use this ability to cast a spell which you prepared this morning but have cast already and do not currently have prepared. If this spell requires a saving throw, any non-mythic creature affected by the spell must roll the saving throw twice and take the lower result. If you need to overcome a creature's spell resistance, you can roll your caster level check to do so twice, adding your mythic tier each time, and take the higher result. You cannot apply a metamagic feat to this spell.
    For the underlined part, is it I can't add a metamagic at that time but I can still use the charge to cast a spell that was prepared with the metamagic and still keep its effects?

School affinity Conjuration (Archmage Path 1st Tier): The duration of all your summoning spells is increased by your mythic tier.
    If I have Extend on the spell, is the affinity added before or after Extend's doubling? With the mythic feat: Mythic Paragon I get +2 to the affinity calculation so durations can start adding up quickly.
    Show
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    Quesion about Arcane Surge

For the underlined part, is it I can't add a metamagic at that time but I can still use the charge to cast a spell that was prepared with the metamagic and still keep its effects?

If I have Extend on the spell, is the affinity added before or after Extend's doubling? With the mythic feat: Mythic Paragon I get +2 to the affinity calculation so durations can start adding up quickly.
    Yes, and before.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Troll in the Playground

apologies, but I took the cheap way out by simply describing the narrative

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

How much time occurs between the meetings?

6. - Top - End - #1086

It'll be a little under a week before Queen Galfrey wants to speak to you again. In the meantime, Aravashnial directs you to a hidden Riftwarden cache which has eight potions of cure serious wounds, four potions of lesser restoration, 10 +I evil outsider bane arrows, a chime of opening, a cold iron longsword, a cold iron shortsword, a wand of magic missile (CL 5th, 31 charges), and a wand of daylight (24 charges).
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in the future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present--they are real." --Aral Vorkosigan

This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ogre in the Playground

In that case:
    Tellos will return his armor, from now on he will be armored by righteousness (Magic)

He will hold a small funeral for his friends.

If the party has any partially charged wands, he will use his new power to charge them a bit.

He will spend most of the rest of time with his mother showing off the magic he has learned.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Hey, sorry for disappearing for a while there. Trying to get back to things now.

Alamryn has nothing in particular to do during the time between the meetings. Just figuring out what this new "power" is and what to think about it.
    Alamryn Kven, a druid who tries very hard not to be useless.
    Celesta Halla, a fearless barbarian.
    Jheren Falconer, a drifter ranger.

DMing Ljonarian Enigma: Imperial Affairs and The Pirate Dream: Sliced Heart

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    It'll be a little under a week before Queen Galfrey wants to speak to you again. In the meantime, Aravashnial directs you to a hidden Riftwarden cache which has eight potions of cure serious wounds, four potions of lesser restoration, 10 +I evil outsider bane arrows, a chime of opening, a cold iron longsword, a cold iron shortsword, a wand of magic missile (CL 5th, 31 charges), and a wand of daylight (24 charges).
    While away I missed Kish's above post. Catch-up time.

Did the Queen respond about curing the blindness? Was a dragon scale taken? Who's? Was it Aravashnial's intent for us to keep the cache's contents?

Tellos: If the party has any partially charged wands, he will use his new power to charge them a bit.
    Semult has:
    Longstrider (28)
    Magic Missile (CL3, used=2, unknown charges)
    Spiritual Weapon (used by enemy, unknown charges) Should go to Trawyn since he has much better UMD. Does he accept it?

Loot
    Assuming it's meant for us, here's a proposal for splitting it. Feel free to make changes or post your agreement so we don't get bogged down.

8x CSW potions - Everyone gets 1. Tellos, Jemus, and Trawyn get a second one?
    4x potions of lesser restoration - All but Alamryn? (trying to balance overall loot across party)
    10x +I evil outsider bane arrows - Alamryn?
    Chime of Opening - Jemus?
    Cold Iron Longsword - ?
    Cold Iron Shortsword - Jemus?
    Wand of magic missile (CL 5th, 31 charges) - Trawyn
    Wand of daylight (24 charges) - Alamryn?
    Last edited by Cavir; 2019-08-07 at 05:48 AM.
    Show
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Troll in the Playground

Sure, Trawyn can take those wands.

The dragon scale I offered up casts Enlarge.

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

Tellos will gradly accept the 2nd CSW and the lesser restoration (Especially since Luminous armor causes str dmg) He is happy with his current weapon.

I interpret a little under a week to mean 6 days. IIRC that means 6d10 charges that can be added to the wands. (1d10 increments) (I will leave how that is distributed to those actually holding on to the wands)

12. - Top - End - #1092

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Cavir View Post
    While away I missed Kish's above post. Catch-up time.

Did the Queen respond about curing the blindness? Was a dragon scale taken? Who's? Was it Aravashnial's intent for us to keep the cache's contents?

Semult has:
    Longstrider (28)
    Magic Missile (CL3, used=2, unknown charges)
    Spiritual Weapon (used by enemy, unknown charges) Should go to Trawyn since he has much better UMD. Does he accept it?

Loot
    Assuming it's meant for us, here's a proposal for splitting it. Feel free to make changes or post your agreement so we don't get bogged down.

4x potions of lesser restoration - All but Alamryn? (trying to balance overall loot across party)
    Cold Iron Longsword - ?
    This loot division works for me.

Alamryn also still has 3 Invisibility potions from Irabeth's potion box that we got at some point.
    Would the more sneaky or squishy party members want them?

Also I've marked the quarterstaff Alamryn's been using as being either masterwork or magical, did we ever figure out which it was?

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ettin in the Playground

Semult would be happy to cast Detect on the quarterstaff. Spellcraft (1d20+14)[17]

I interpret a little under a week to mean 6 days. IIRC that means 6d10 charges that can be added to the wands. (1d10 increments) (I will leave how that is distributed to those actually holding on to the wands)
    To speed things up I reviewed char sheeets:
    Semult
    Longstrider (28)
    Magic Missile (CL3) unknown charges

Alamryn
    Wand of daylight (24 charges)

Trawyn
    Wand of Bless Weapon(18)
    Wand of Mirror Image(9)
    Spiritual Weapon - unknown charges
    Wand of magic missile (CL5) 31 charges

Short of an ID spell or a Monocle I don't know of any other way to get the number of charges left on a wand. 7 wands and assuming 6 days, I'd suggest one (1d10+1) recharge per wand except Longstrider.

Fun idea: Semult, Tellos, and Trawyn can all use the Mirror Image wand. Image all three use it on themselves before charging into a fight. We'd have a small army!
    Too bad Longstrider is personal only.
    Show
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Troll in the Playground

LoL...that would be pretty hilarious!

I'm anxious to take these new powers out for a spin :)

On a more somber note, I'm guessing Trawyn has been spending the better part of a week informing refugee children that they're now orphans. There's likely to be great need in the city for more orphanages and some serious funds.....what was the name of the noble that we buried? Did he have next of kin?

15. - Top - End - #1095

Cold Iron Longsword - ?
    Jemus can take the shortsword and the Chime but he also has the Yaniel's sword. Not sure what it can do or if we should be turning this over.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Ogre in the Playground

What level of supplies can we obtain from the local populous?
    Are there any magic item merchants? If so, is their stock significantly limited?

17. - Top - End - #1097

For simplicity's sake, I'm going to say that if you look for something standard, you can find it, including magic items.

(Only fully charged wands, but anything in the SRD or the Magic Item Compendium.)
    Spoiler
    Show

This, in a nutshell.
    Yes, exactly.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Loot
    8x CSW potions - Everyone gets 1. Tellos, Jemus, and Trawyn get a second one
    4x potions of lesser restoration - All but Alamryn
    10x +I evil outsider bane arrows - Alamryn
    Chime of Opening - Jemus
    Cold Iron Longsword - ?
    Cold Iron Shortsword - ?
    Wand of daylight (24 charges) - Alamryn
    Seems we're settled on the loot short of the cold iron gear. If no one wants them (cold iron backup weapon could be handy?) we can donate them to the cause. Update your sheets please.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post
    Trawyn The bard whistles at the sheer amount of wealth he was just handed. That's 9k each cheers!
    My tentative list:
    Wand Detect Magic 375
    Artificer's Monocle 1500
    Headband of Intellect +2 4000
    Healing Belt 750gp
    Scrolls Arcane Turmoil 150, Web 150
    Cloak of Resistance +1 1000
    Masterwork Potion Belt 60

This will leave me about 1000gp. I'll need to use some of that for transcribing spells but I'll have a few hundred left for other suggestions/group purchases.

Novabomb, we've found 2 spellbooks plus each of our own. Semult is perfectly happy to treat them all as shared resources. Semult's Spellcraft is high enough (after the above INT boost) to pass the check (DC 15 + spellís level) from other books except for rolling a one for 2nd level spells. If you want to coordinate what spells are desired, I'll have the above scrolls to transcribe as well as Appraising Touch and Cloud of Bewilderment. We've conveniently banned the same schools!

Spoiler: Shared spellbooks
    Show
    Semults:
    L1: Mage Armor, Acid Orb (Lesser), Benign Transposition, Grease, Summon Monster 1, Wall of Smoke, Silent Image, Shield, Protection from Evil
    L2: Glitterdust, Summon Monster II

Dwarf Spellbook:
    L1: Color Spray, Detect Secret Doors, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, Silent Image
    L2: Blur, Fog Cloud, Invisibility, Levitate, Resist Energy

Librarium Spellbook:
    L1: Alarm
    L2: Resist Energy
    L3: Dispel Magic, Greater Magic Weapon, Magic Circle vs. Chaos
    L5: Dismissal,
    L8: Dimensional Lock

Novabomb, still your call on the wand recharging. Since we don't have our mission yet sounds like you'll get at least one more day. Granted, scribing spellbooks takes time (1 day/spell).
    Last edited by Cavir; 2019-08-13 at 09:22 PM.
    Show
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ogre in the Playground

Each wand will get a boost:

Longstrider (1d10)[8]
    Magic Missile (CL3) (1d10)[6]
    Wand of daylight (1d10)[3]
    Wand of Bless Weapon (1d10)[10]
    Wand of Mirror Image (1d10)[7]
    Spiritual Weapon (1d10)[9]
    Wand of magic missile (CL5) (1d10)[5]

I have not figured out the rest of what hes spending on, but rod of bodily restoration is top of the list.

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Tellos ....once per day, he can spend a mythic power charge* to recharge a magic item that has charges, adding (1d10 + his mythic tier*) charges to the item, up to its maximum.
    I believe that's one more charge to each for the the mythic level.

Kish, now that Semult has the Artificer's Monocle can he determine the number of charges that the wands have? These were unknown, plus Tellos' recharging:
    Magic Missile (CL3) used twice by Semult
    Spiritual Weapon used once by enemy in game
    Show
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

21. - Top - End - #1101

Griffon

Alamryn would like to get the following items:

- Composite STR3 Longbow +1 - 2700 gp
    - Hide armor +1 - 1165 gp
    - Ring of Protection +1 - 2000 gp
    - Pearl of Power, 1st level - 1000 gp
    - Iron Ward Diamond, Lesser - 2000 gp
    - Brute Gauntlets - 500 gp

Total: 9365 gp

After the purchases Alamryn has left 9000 gp + 877,55 gp (from before) - 9365 gp = 512,55 gp.

I'm ok with investing in a Field Provisions Box if you guys would like.

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Troll in the Playground

Potential shopping list for Trawyn:

Anklet of Translocation - 1,400 gps
    Mithralmist Shirt - 3,400 gps
    Crystal Echoblade - 4,310 gps

chip in 110 of his own money and that leaves Trawyn with 1 gps left

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

Suppose I should add that purchasing the items above leaves Trawyn with extra/duplicate items:

-MW Longsword
    -MW Chainshirt

If your character can use these items just say the word and they're yours. Otherwise he can sell them or donate them to the cause.

CHEERS!

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

Rod of Bodily Restoration: 4.5k
    Steadfast Boots: 1.4k
    Ring of Protection 2k
    Chronocharm of the Horizon Walker .5k

Tellos will can cover up to 1.4k for the Field Provision Box.
    I would like the extra to be repayed later.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Trawyn can throw in 275 gps from selling the masterwork items listed above. It's not much, but it's what he's got right now. Will gladly chip in more later.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ettin in the Playground

Semult can pitch in 325gp now and still have enough to transcribe his scrolls. Would be 75gp in debt which is fine. Just haven't heard from Razorback. Razorback, still with us here? Get to work on your mythic level and gear? Let's go kick some demon butt, or at least their mooks first.
    Show
    Javartis for GF's RHOD

27. - Top - End - #1107

I'm here, playing catch up.
    I was actually looking at this while drinking my coffee this morning. Need to roll back the level and add the mystic along with equipment.
    Hope to be updated by Friday.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Troll in the Playground

I'm good to go!

CHEERS

29. - Top - End - #1109

Griffon

Also good to go.

Alamryn can add 500 gp to getting the Field Provision Box. How much does it cost?

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Troll in the Playground

I think it's 2k.

Sounds like the three of us can kick in around 1,100 gps...