New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Wrath of the Righteous IC [3.5, Group A]

"Crusader of words....." Throck says with a half smile and a roll of his eyes. "There will be demons enough for you to kill, when we get to the surface. No time for feeling sorry for ourselves. You weren't in a position to help the dragon. No one was."

Throck looks around for a passage out.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Unimportant, since unless we begin moving soon we are unlikely to survive the day. We should go, or I will go on my own." She points at 'lord whats-his-name', "Leave him here, his yelling will attract demons, we do not need to run into them more often than necessary." She points at the woman with the broken leg "If not for my mule I would leave her here as well because she would slow us down."
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

"It isn't about killing demons," Isaac looked at Throck. "We have lost our homes. The wardstone has been broken. Without its protection, Kenabres is lost. Our only hope is to gather as many survivors and save as many people as we can." Isaac still clutched his holy symbol, sadness and grief evident in his eyes. "Terendelev was our greatest protector. Not just another dragon! The Storm King will easily level the city before we can escape to the surface. We just have to hope there are still people to save..."

Turning to the Halfling, he shook his head. "I refuse to give up on life so easily. I have no qualms with you leaving. You are under no obligation to help me. I would be grateful for any assistance and I would help you in kind. But I will not condemn a man to die because he annoys you. Unless you want to convince me that a crime of annoyance deserves capital punishment?" he said as he looked at the Halfling woman. "If names are unimportant then let us group and continue. With everyone." Unlike his earlier tone of voice, this was not sadness, nor guilt. There a finality - this was not an issue Isaac would budge on.
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2016-05-24 at 11:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
    "It isn't about killing demons," Isaac looked at Throck. "We have lost our homes. The wardstone has been broken. Without its protection, Kenabres is lost. Our only hope is to gather as many survivors and save as many people as we can." Isaac still clutched his holy symbol, sadness and grief evident in his eyes. "Terendelev was our greatest protector. Not just another dragon! The Storm King will easily level the city before we can escape to the surface. We just have to hope there are still people to save..."

Turning to the Halfling, he shook his head. "I refuse to give up on life so easily. I have no qualms with you leaving. You are under no obligation to help me. I would be grateful for any assistance and I would help you in kind. But I will not condemn a man to die because he annoys you. Unless you want to convince me that a crime of annoyance deserves capital punishment?" he said as he looked at the Halfling woman. "If names are unimportant then let us group and continue. With everyone." Unlike his earlier tone of voice, this was not sadness, nor guilt. There a finality - this was not an issue Isaac would budge on.
    Spoiler: Original Text
    Show
    "It isn't about killing demons," Isaac looked at Throck. "We have lost our homes. The wardstone has been broken. Without its protection, Kenabres is lost. Our only hope is to gather as many survivors and save as many people as we can." Isaac still clutched his holy symbol, sadness and grief evident in his eyes. "Terendelev was our greatest protector. The Storm King will easily level the city before we can escape to the surface. We just have to hope there are still people to save..." Turning to the Halfling, he shook his head. "I refuse to give up on life so easily. People can be reasoned with and listened to. If your only wish is to save yourself, I have no qualms with you leaving first. But I will not condemn a man to die because he annoys you. Unless you want to convince me that a crime of annoyance deserves capital punishment?" he said as he looked at the Halfling woman. "If names are unimportant then let us group and continue. With everyone." Unlike his earlier tone of voice, this was not sadness, nor guilt. There a finality - this was not an issue Isaac would budge on.
    "Standing here is accomplishing nothing, we must go you insapient rube!"

She turns to look at the him, "You will see he will bring danger with his fat lazy selfish oaf of a human self. But you are in charge of him. Bring him if you wish. But quickly." She turns and begins leading the Mule out of the cave, with or without the woman on it's back. "Unless you desire to be trapped, then by all means remain where you stand. Dotards."
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2016-05-24 at 11:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

5. - Top - End - #35

SwashbucklerGuy

Isaac had no more wishes to argue. It was obvious that there was no headway to be made that way. "You speak truth," he stated plainly as he was about to turn and follow. Suddenly he stopped, as if he had just remembered something. Still, with all that he still did not move. "Please allow the healer to look at the injured woman. You have the kindness to place her on the mule. You may as well wait for the healer to tend to her."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Who's the other Halfling

EDIT: Throck is an Orc. Everyone else is either a human, elf, or half-elf (including Isaac, who is a human).
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2016-05-24 at 11:51 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
    Isaac had no more wishes to argue. It was obvious that there was no headway to be made that way. "You speak truth," he stated plainly as he was about to turn and follow. Suddenly he stopped, as if he had just remembered something. Still, with all that he still did not move. "Please allow the healer to look at the injured woman. You have the kindness to place her on the mule. You may as well wait for the healer to tend to her."

Show
    Who's the other Halfling

EDIT: Throck is an Orc. Everyone else is either a human, elf, or half-elf (including Isaac, who is a human).
    "Let the healer heal her while we move." She continues on imperiously. "Any delay may bring destruction, haste may bring waste, but there is a time and a place for everything. This is the time to move, and quickly." She is obviously getting frustrated, and impatient with the delays. "There is an Elven Village not far, I must make sure they are alright."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yes I should be able be able to manage a splint at least. Arendin says before quickly addressing Aravashnial and, in as calm and soothing voice as he can maintain, saying Sometimes you can't feel your own burns, that's not good but it's normal, and I have fixed most of the damage. Your eyes will need further healing but you're otherwise fine. before making his way towards Anevia. Only as an afterthought does he reply later with Oh, and my name's Arendin, glad to have you along Mr. Lightbringer.
    He is visibly relieved at Isaac taking charge as he starts working on Anevia, pointedly ignoring the argument occurring over his head as he continues to work off of the almost rote response of his role as healer so he doesn't have to think about the full ramifications of the situation. As he does so he contemplates if his magical healing could fully fix her leg, and if it would be worth the spell.
    Spoiler: roll
    Show
    Heal check: (1d20+10)[18]
    knowledge religion to determine if CLW can fix her leg: (1d20+1)[12]

8. - Top - End - #38

SwashbucklerGuy

Isaac turned to the healer. "Is it possible to make the splint as we move? Only if it will not cause any unnecessary pain or injury. I have to admit - haste is much preferred." Isaac longingly looked up at where the Church used to be.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

So long as the mule can avoid jostling her too much it should be fine, but she'll need to basically be draped over its back so her leg is straight while I work.

10. - Top - End - #40

SwashbucklerGuy

Nodding, he turned to Anevia and tried his best to seem polite. "Lady Anevia," he said sounding a little stiff. "May the healer apply the splint as we're moving?"

Show
    EDIT:

Please see Diplomacy roll in OCC thread here
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2016-05-25 at 08:24 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

A keen ear can hear Arendin grumbling something under his breath as he works, already a good way along in applying the splint.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Boyish Half-Elf

Before: The half-elf makes a move towards the boulder and halts in his tracks when the blind elf, petulant Lord and injured woman begin to bicker. He straightens up. Placating one spoilt "adult" was one thing. Placating several of them- that was akin to herding cats. The half-elf half-tilts his head at Isaac, letting the short, but still relatively taller, crusader quite clearly see his resignation.

"Fon." He gestures towards himself.

...As the discussion progresses from not bickering, to the best methods of abandoning nobles, to how to best to ride a mule with a broken leg, to why they need to go and check on their nearest and dearest, Fon closes his eyes. His hand instinctively going for his pendants.

I am grateful Starsong, for this lesson. For now I know why you left the earth to craft the heavens... He opens his eyes. The halfling, petulant as the lord, was right. They had to go.

Fon turns and approaches the elf, picking up the light-enchanted stone on the way. He will whisper into the elf's ear: "I am Oinophon Al'lirtsien, and I apologise in advance for what I am about to propose and what you are about to hear. I'm afraid we may have to swallow at least a portion of our dignity if we want to see tomorrow."

He takes the elf gently by the elbow and leads him in the direction of the noble.

"I would like to act as your guide here, Aravashnial, but that may leave us a sword down." He looks towards the noble and encloses the stone in his hand. "And as you, Lord Gwerm, quite rightly do not abide by being led by the blind, and are not burdened by steel, I propose that you, who should stand before us commoners, put aside, just for a single day, and for the sake of tomorrow, whatever past quarrels you have and act as Aravashnial's eyes until we are back in the light. If it comes to the worst, Aravashnial will benefit from direction for casting his spells, and you Lord Gwerm, will certainly benefit from spells being cast in the right direction." Fon concludes. "...And I will act as a sword for the both of you."
    TCSH: OOC, IC, ICBM, Dice

13. - Top - End - #43

SwashbucklerGuy

Isaac didn't openly acknowledge Fon's words but he couldn't help but looked up. Shaking his head, he couldn't help but envy again the Half-Elf's way with words. Amazing, he thought as he looked at the Halfling. If only he could do that with her....

14. - Top - End - #44
    Colossus in the Playground

Anevia lets herself be helped onto the mule, though her eyebrows raise when Joyas proposes leaving her and Horgus behind. She smiles and nods at Isaac as Arendin efficiently splints her leg. As Joyas quickly leads the mule toward the passage out of the cavern, before anyone else can speak, the spider corpse rolls over and suddenly two massive maggots, considerably larger than Joyas herself, lunge at her, biting at her with circular mouths full of dripping teeth.

Spoiler: Arendin
    Show
    It will take time, or the Regeneration spell, to fully heal Anevia's leg, though Cure spells will significantly improve her functionality.

Spoiler
    Show

M1 attack: (1d20)[8] Critical threat check: (1d20)[15] Damage: (1d26)[1] Critical damage: (1d26)[5]
    M2 attack: (1d20)[2] Critical threat check: (1d20)[19] Damage: (1d26)[20] Critical damage: (1d26)[26]

>> Isaac: 24
    >> Arendin: 18
    Aravashnial: 12
    M1: 12
    Throck: 12
    Anevia: 11
    Joyas: 10
    Fon: 9
    Horgus: 5
    M2: 5

Map. After the surprise round, Isaac and Arendin are up. In the unlikely event that the first maggot downs Joyas with a crit, the second one attacks her mule. If you have an avatar, that's you on the map; Fon is F, the maggots are M1 and M2, and the mule is completely virtual and can be detected only by the locations of Joyas and Anevia. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-05-25 at 04:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

SwashbucklerGuy

Isaac was the first to react as the maggots burst forth from the giant spider carcass. His stomach almost wanted to churn at the sight of such gigantic, squirmy insects. He would face a demon any time of the day rather than these ugly vermin. Still, he was grateful - it seemed that the Halfling lady was not harmed. Moving into position next to his new Orc buddy, he nodded to the others. Hopefully, they were just as good at fighting as they were at arguing.

"Quick - pull the injured back!" Isaac shouted as he rushed forward. Raising his crossbow, he let loose a bolt at the giant maggots.

Show

Move Action: Isaac moves to Q23.

Standard Action: Isaac attacks M1

Attack
    (d20+2)[3]

Damage
    (d8)[3]
    Last edited by JKTrickster; 2016-05-25 at 06:23 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Attack: (1d20)[6]
    Crit: (1d20)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[2]
    Arendin attacks nearest slug with his morningstar.

17. - Top - End - #47

"What is it? What's happening? Tell me!" Aravashnial shouts.

"Maggots, Aravashnial! Big hungry ones!" Anevia calls back.

One maggot makes a second attempt to bite Joyas.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20)[14] Critical threat check: (1d20)[3]
    Damage: (1d6)[1] Critical damage: (1d6)[4]

>> Throck: 12
    Anevia: 11
    Joyas: 10
    Fon: 9
    Horgus: 5
    M2: 5
    Isaac: 24
    Arendin: 18
    Aravashnial: 12
    M1: 12

Throck is up.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Throck

Throck was initially surprised by the appearance of the maggots. " Always something that needs killing." he says grimly. Throck approaches the maggots and draws his massive axe above his head. He holds it high and attacks in a nearly perfect figure eight pattern.

Spoiler
    Show

Movement : Move to T23*

*He draws 1 attack of opportunity from M1 vs AC 18

Swift action : Move into punishing stance -2 ac, + 1d6 damage.

Attack action : Activate the steel wind manuever and attack both maggots

Maggot 1 (flanked +2 to hit)

Attack: (1d20+8)[21]
    Damage: (1d12+5)[11] + (1d6)[1]

Maggot 2 (not flanked)

Attack: (1d20+6)[20]
    Damage: (1d12+5)[14] + (1d6)[4]

19. - Top - End - #49

The maggot attempts to bite Throck, then Throck cuts both maggots in half. Slime goes everywhere. "Urk," Horgus says.

"The maggots are dead, Aravashnial. We're safe for the moment," Anevia says. "I've lost most of my arrows, and I don't seem to be in much of a position to contribute in melee either. Would anyone happen to have extra arrows?"

Spoiler
    Show

Attack of opportunity: (1d20)[14] Critical threat check: (1d20)[4]
    Damage: (1d6)[2] Critical damage: (1d6)[4]

60 XP each.

Spoiler: Perception 10
    Show
    Looking toward the east, you notice five silver scales, each the size of Arendin's hand, scattered about the floor.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-05-25 at 07:13 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Throck

"Stop Jerking it" Throck suggests to Isaac. He pauses for a moment to let it sink in, and decided he should explain more.

"Put the butt of the stock into your shoulder blade, aim down the length of the bolt, then gently squeeze the release. If you rush it and clench your hand too tightly, you are just going to jerk it off target prematurely. "

21. - Top - End - #51

SwashbucklerGuy

Isaac silently cursed himself under his breath as his bolt flew wide. In his rush to move forward, he had wasted his time and didn't aim at all. His uncle would be ashamed to see him now - couldn't even land a bolt in a fat pile of maggots. Still, he was grateful for Throck's aid as the orc dispatched with both maggots with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok'n'Roll View Post
    Throck

"Stop Jerking it" Throck suggests to Isaac. He pauses for a moment to let it sink in, and decided he should explain more.

"Put the butt of the stock into your shoulder blade, aim down the length of the bolt, then gently squeeze the release. If you rush it and clench your hand too tightly, you are just going to jerk it off target prematurely. "

Isaac just sort of stood there was his mouth opened, before a smile slowly appeared. "I appreciate your advice," Isaac laughed as he reloaded his crossbow. "I'll make sure to aim better against the next enemy - I'm sure there are plenty more vermin hiding out in these caves."

Turning around, Isaac did not seemingly see anything in the darkness. "Do you think we should move the mule to the back? We shouldn't put the injured in danger by having them walk first."

22. - Top - End - #52

"My mule stays next to me." She pats it's nose protectively. "Nothing personal, but I don't know you, and I would rather not have it killed by something sneaking up behind us. Never lived in the woods, have you?" She turns around, and with her vision piercing the darkness of the cave, fires an Eldritch Blast at the next corpse she sees. She isn't paranoid, honest. People hitting you with rocks as you walk past tends to teach you that people suck. She snorts, shakes her head, and resumes moving. "Thuck, was it?" She doesn't wait for an answer, "Would you mind accompanying me at the front?" She pulls out her morning star, and holds it ready, the animal's lead in her off hand.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2016-05-25 at 07:39 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

23. - Top - End - #53

"With or without the mule, if you're some kind of spellcaster you should be in the middle, not the front," Horgus snaps.

"Indeed, Lord Gwerm's tactical advice is sound," Aravashnial pipes up. He would likely flinch at the ungrateful glare Horgus gives him, if he could see it.
    Last edited by Kish; 2016-05-25 at 08:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "With or without the mule, if you're some kind of spellcaster you should be in the middle, not the front,"[/b] Horgus snaps.
    "Lord Donkey (intimating that he is an ass), I am not in the habit of taking advice from individuals that act as I might expect of petulant children." She waves him off dismissively, the stops, tilts her head and turns to face him. Her eyes are cold if one can see, and they glitter dangerously. Her voice does not carry well; it is quiet, like a knife in the dark; "Do not speak to me in that manner again. I have no sympathy nor tolerance for simpletons or loudmouths. I do not tolerate fools." She smiles in an unpleasant manner, though it is difficult to tell if that is because of her apparently poor health, or if she is having evil thoughts and finding them pleasant. "I could kill you more easily than you can breathe. Alternatively, I can climb up on my mule, and leave you here in the dark. I am not bound to you by duty, nor by oath, nor by kindship. I have less care for lords and ladies than I do for the animals I kill and eat, for they at least serve a purpose." She turns and resumes walking.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

25. - Top - End - #55

"Ah, lovely. I'm stuck riding behind a psychopath," Anevia comments.

Lord Gwerm twitches, then says, "We should all let the halfling go off on her own, and hopefully get eaten by those whose physical forms reflect her mind and heart. I will...assist the thief to walk, if necessary."

Show
    Note, because I see room for confusion in D&D, that "thief" is not a class name; it carries the same implication as it does in the real world.

26. - Top - End - #56

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    "Ah, lovely. I'm stuck riding behind a psychopath," Anevia comments.

Lord Gwerm twitches, then says, "We should all let the halfling go off on her own, and hopefully get eaten by those whose physical forms reflect her mind and heart. I will...assist the thief to walk, if necessary."

Show
    Note, because I see room for confusion in D&D, that "thief" is not a class name; it carries the same implication as it does in the real world.
    "Were that words were actions, I would likely concur on your assessment of my mental faculties. However, being capable of doing a thing, and being willing to do perform that action are generally two separate things. As is the case in this instance. Though I am capable of killing him more easily than he breathes, I am unlikely to do so, unless he endangers myself or the others here by continuing to act like the ass he so resembles." She fires an eldritch blast aimlessly at the ceiling. "Blame not the monster for that into which is has been shaped, blame those that made the monster as it is. I do not know if any of you were ever part of the rabbles that abused me physically when I was a child, nor do I truly care anymore. But I still care less about his type than about my own life, which is not at all."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Throck answers the halfling with a simple "Throck". He was unsure if she had actually heard him. He just shrugged - it wasn't important. Throck took up the lead with a brisk pace. If the halfling walked slightly slower than him and ended up in the middle of the group that would be her decision. Alternatively if she wanted to keep up and remain at his side, that would be fine too. It matter not to Throck. Sadly the loud man might have had a point but Throck was tired of all the stupid talking and remained silent on this point of contention.

Annoyed he called back to lord "Are you still talking ? " Throck asked. "I guess that's gratitude for you. Dear Lady, you aren't stuck behind a psychopath, you are stuck behind two psychopaths. If you would prefer to walk or be helped by the likes of him, just say the word and I'll get you off the mule lickity-split."

"Isaac, you are good with your words. Crusade him with your words. Can you keep lord whore-guts busy with some flattery or a sonnet... maybe a dirty limrick ? If that fails show him your crossbow. Just try not to shoot me. " he says playfully. He decided he was starting to like the 'crusader' - his heart seemed to be in the right spot.

He pointed to a spot on the ground. "Shinies! Someone go pick that up." he motioned towards the scales.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2016-05-25 at 09:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Aaah yes, were that words were actions, then you would be talking as sweetly as you act instead of altruistically aiding the wounded while speaking venom at everyone nearby. Arendin states quite callously, addressing Joyas as he strides up to Anevia.
    Anevia, would you be so kind as to hold the lantern, I loath to put it out because that light spell will, I assume, go out not too long from now, but I desperately want use of both my hands while we walk. He says while handing her the lantern, turned down so that it will burn as little fuel as possible. He then turns to look at the scales Throck is pointing out and gets a rather puzzled expression on his face, clearly confused as to the nature of the scales.
    Spoiler: rolls
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+4)[8]

29. - Top - End - #59

SwashbucklerGuy

For once Isaac was just silent, even when Throck prompted him to speak. His recent failing in the battle shook his resolve and he just needed some time to recuperate. The constant in-fighting certainly did not help. For a moment he simply...wavered. The Halfling was honestly no better or no worse than Lord Horgus, but at least Horgus wasn't firing eldritch bolts through the air. Each one raised the hairs on the back of his neck and he only looked at her quizzically. But still - if he would not abandon Lord Horgus, he should not abandon this woman as well. She was just as innocent, and she would be in just as much danger as the rest of them if left alone.

"Actually I have an idea," he said, both to Arendin and Anevia. "Obviously my skill with the crossbow leaves much to be desired. Anevia - if you are skilled with the bow, surely you can use this crossbow just as well. It might not fire as fast, but at least I have plenty of ammunition for you to use. On the other hand, I can hold the lantern and walk ahead to illuminate the darkness of the caves. I have many other skills that do not need both of my hands to use," he stated simply as he handed the crossbow to Anevia and took the lantern from Arendin.

Turning to Throck, he smiled. "Oh just go pick them up yourself! You just slew two giant maggots with a swing of your axe! Don't tell me you're afraid of some shiny things on the floor," he teased back at the big orc. Truth be told, Isaac was extremely impressed with Throck, and he enjoyed his sense of humor.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Orc in the Playground

Fon

The half-elf's eyes widen somewhat, and his hand goes for his bow as the maggots go for the halfling. The crisis is, however, over before the aforementioned hand can reach the weapon. He pauses, but in the end takes out his bow, and shifts the quiver at his waist into a handier position. He makes a mental note not to get on the wrong side of Throck and opens up his mouth to say something to the halfling, but changes his mind and shuts it again. They've already said it all... But I wonder... Is she perchance, as tough as she acts? He closes his eyes for a moment to offer up a silent little prayer.

O may they see the light, beyond their noses, O Lady Dreamer O,
    I am still loath to part, with you, my guide, O Lady Dreamer O.

"I'll throw you a few arrows Anevia, if you want," He addresses the lady on the Mule, "But to be honest, I've only a few to start with and, Isaac might be onto something with that idea of his..."

He turns back to the elf and noble.
    "I may not have the martial skill of a full fledged warrior like Throck, but Starsong willing, I'll last long enough to buy you some time against the likes of those." The half-elf says tapping his bow lightly.

"Throck was it?" He says just loudly enough. "Those 'shinies' are likely as not the scales cast of by the city's guardian as she fell."

If no one disagrees, and no one goes to investigate the scales before him- and importantly if the scales are no further than 60ft from the elf and on ground which his half-elven vision allows him to see, Fon will tell the duo what he's up to and head over to investigate, discreetly. After all, no one wants to arouse more maggots.

Show
    Stealth (1d20+6)[7] to go quietly.
    TCSH: OOC, IC, ICBM, Dice