New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Aegis J Hyena's Super Hyena Fun Show: Random Banter Thread #215

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I am genuinely someone who will one day smash a hole in the wall trying to remove a mosquito. Also option 3: get after-bite cream.
    Well, that's an option too. I just prefer to pretend I'm capable of ignoring the iching. Somewhere, some B-movie Japanese sensei would say something about bushido and how the pain is the sensation of honor entering your body.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    These things are wholesome and just what I'd like to be doing. Unfortunately I feel a bit gunshy after injuring my tailbone last summer while cliff-jumping and not being able to sit down comfortably for weeks. And just to anticipate any comedians, I'm not as used to that as you might expect.

I will be heading to the East Coast in a few weeks, with a long-desired chance to swim in the Atlantic Ocean. I...I hadn't really thought about the water temperature before. Am I going to die without a wetsuit?
    Nah, but you're probably going to want to get out of the water after a short while. My tip is to move around a lot; unless the water is really cold, you're probably going to generate more heat from moving than having the water slush around you is going to rob away. You'll still probably want to get out of the water sooner rather than later, though, so make sure you have warmth nearby and a towel to dry yourself off.

What the **** did I just read?

So Anglish is stripped of any Latin-derived morphology and lexicon? I love it.
    It's fun for me to read, because I can trace the roots of almost all weird words into my own language. Like the "Banded Folklands Sickerhood Moot". It took me a while to place until I figured out that "sickerhood" must share the same root as the Swedish "säkerhet", at which point I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    I'm as irrationally angry as that one Finland character from Scandinavia against the world. I am seeing red and can barely see straight enough to type this as I transform into an Angry Marine.
    Wait, are you angry because of the mosquitos or that article in Anglish?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Wait, are you angry because of the mosquitos or that article in Anglish?
    The Anglish.

The mosquitos haven't come out in force yet here. Somehow.

Also, gotta love how some couples are dumb and have regular arguments after 2 in the bloody AM.

It's kind of surprising how important family is to my beliefs with how much I'd gladly commit fratricide at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm not entirely sure about where you're going to find a shore where you can't walk into the ocean. Unless you mean those cliff coasts where geting down to the water is a hassle, in which case I understand what you mean, and no, we don't really have those anywhere in our long country.
    Well there's Höga kusten https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Coast

When mosquitos come around, you can do one of two things. Either slather yourself with mosquito repellant and hope for it to stay effective, or just accept the situation and hope to eventually develop an immunity. I usually go down the second road, it tends to lead to less hassle for me.
    Yeah I've managed the immunity part, at least I think so, there was this once many a moon ago when I found a sea of gold: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_chamaemorus and just had to pick'em all to turn in to jam and liqueur, I was disturbed by the mosquito's sure but there was gold to be had, when I came home I noticed I could not see my calves as there was nothing but mosquito bites but the odd thing was they weren't itcy so I'm guessing I got immune then, but then again I haven't allowed any mossies to test whether this is true since then.
    Errare humanum est
    Live long and Prosper
    May the force be with you

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomvid View Post
    Which still doesn't have the cliffy shorelines required for preventing you from walking into the water for most of the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomvid View Post
    Yeah I've managed the immunity part, at least I think so, there was this once many a moon ago when I found a sea of gold: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_chamaemorus and just had to pick'em all to turn in to jam and liqueur, I was disturbed by the mosquito's sure but there was gold to be had, when I came home I noticed I could not see my calves as there was nothing but mosquito bites but the odd thing was they weren't itcy so I'm guessing I got immune then, but then again I haven't allowed any mossies to test whether this is true since then.
    Ahh, cloudberries, my favourites~

Yes, I've heard that the traditional sami method has been to spend a night sleeping on the mire, which would make your life a living hell for a week, and then you wouldn't feel a thing. I don't think the immunity lasts, though, so it might have worn off if you've let your immune system slag on the mosquito front...

Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

Woo, I have my 15 minutes of fame coming up this week! Or a couple of minues. Or seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Woo, I have my 15 minutes of fame coming up this week! Or a couple of minues. Or seconds.
    Oooh, what is it!?

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ettin in the Playground

Have you been out walking in the sea winds again without any hat? I know it's liberating to feel the fresh air through your hair, but it makes my job very difficult!

*begins to preen the golden tangle, muttering and grumbling in this fashion*
    Holy Wombats, its a KNEEN! It has been so long since we have cavorted the same thread page, and I have missed you! There were quite few times I wanted to show something to you, and realized I hadn't seen you in some time! I'm probably late to the party, but welcome back! You were missed.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

It's fun for me to read, because I can trace the roots of almost all weird words into my own language. Like the "Banded Folklands Sickerhood Moot". It took me a while to place until I figured out that "sickerhood" must share the same root as the Swedish "säkerhet", at which point I got it.
    That's the beauty of it for me. It brings words back to the light that have grown rusty and restores some, how shall we say, native flavour to the language.

Ahh, cloudberries, my favourites~

Yes, I've heard that the traditional sami method has been to spend a night sleeping on the mire, which would make your life a living hell for a week, and then you wouldn't feel a thing. I don't think the immunity lasts, though, so it might have worn off if you've let your immune system slag on the mosquito front...
    Do you think that's a more or less pleasant method than keeping your body smeared with rancid bear fat or, failing that, mud all summer? That's the traditional method around here, although I wouldn't say it's been practiced by anybody for quite a while. I have to admit that being covered in mud is quite a pleasant sensation, temporarily. Maybe you could do the Sami method and then have a mud bath to soothe the living hell. Only public decorum keeps me from wallowing like a pregnant sow in the wet clay deposits that sometimes surface on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Holy Wombats, its a KNEEN! It has been so long since we have cavorted the same thread page, and I have missed you! There were quite few times I wanted to show something to you, and realized I hadn't seen you in some time! I'm probably late to the party, but welcome back! You were missed.
    Hello Dom-bat of Womb! The party is still going strong: let me mix you a Manhattan and rub some champagne in your hair. How's the painting business these days?

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Hello Dom-bat of Womb! The party is still going strong: let me mix you a Manhattan and rub some champagne in your hair. How's the painting business these days?
    I stream my art as I paint it, among other games and things now, which seems to have gotten at least partially popular.

Mainly, I've been enjoying painting more regularly, and also editing our wedding videos as well as remaking ocarina of time in a game called super mario maker.

Not much in the way of sales, but the stream earns me a few donations once in awhile!

How is your life and your budgies?

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

*is very hurt by the lack of attention from Wombambo*

Yeah, you just, you just go and have fun with Kneen! It's not like I'm your friend or anything!
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

11. - Top - End - #161
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

The actual temperature you'll get is highly dependent on where the thermostat is located in the sauna, though. On our last skiing holiday, our hut had a sauna with the thermostat located too high up on the wall, so the sauna heater turned off too early and wouldn't turn on as colder air started to fill up the sauna from the bottom...
    I sat up comfortably straight at the highest level. So, I got the hottest of whatever it was.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

Well then. This is certainly a thing that someone wrote.

Carry on!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ettin in the Playground

Hello Amidus! Nice to see you, thanks! There are other things to which I will lower myself for the amusement of foreigners -- what's your fancy? Do you like your Canadians like you like your restaurants?

I will be heading to the East Coast in a few weeks, with a long-desired chance to swim in the Atlantic Ocean. I...I hadn't really thought about the water temperature before. Am I going to die without a wetsuit?
    I mean, strictly speaking, I like my restaurants really fancy and with excellent food (which, to be fair, was the impression I got of Canada when last I was up there, but I suppose vacation in Niagra Falls and Montreal involves eating a little better than everyday restaurants and the like). So, yes, fancy, and with copious amounts of fine food and drink.

I mean, I guess that depends on where on the east coast you are. While I tend to avoid the beach, my shore-going relatives assure me that the water is just fine (granted, that's Florida for you).

Man I remember discovering this for the first time.

Language is so friggin weird.
    Also the internet.

--
    IN OTHER NEWS:

Living alone is weird. On one hand, I can do basically whatever I want so long as I don't disturb the neighbors, because I have no roommates. On the other hand, my social life has essentially disappeared, and while that's been good for my grades (so far, at least), it's starting to weigh on my mind a little bit (read: I get bored more often). Taking summer classes (when almost nobody I know is around) isn't helping either, though I am trying to meet new people (who, in all fairness, are probably in similar situations). Such is life.
    A few odds and ends.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Barbarian in the Playground

Eeesh, it's supposed to *burn* over the weekend here in Ohio... 90s and high 80s.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

I've been quoted in the web news, apparently an hour ago my (small) interview was on the radio and now I'm wondering if my face will make it to the evening news. If I don't end up on tv, I just want to find that clip they played on the radio so I can link it to my gran. I phoned her that I was interviewed with a camera rolling, so they better do like... SOMETHING. I WANNA MAKE ME GRAN HAPPEY
    (I was randomly interviewed on the street, but it's hilarious that I got interviewed. I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE)
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

*is very hurt by the lack of attention from Wombambo*

Yeah, you just, you just go and have fun with Kneen! It's not like I'm your friend or anything!
    I've been quoted in the web news, apparently an hour ago my (small) interview was on the radio and now I'm wondering if my face will make it to the evening news. If I don't end up on tv, I just want to find that clip they played on the radio so I can link it to my gran. I phoned her that I was interviewed with a camera rolling, so they better do like... SOMETHING. I WANNA MAKE ME GRAN HAPPEY
    (I was randomly interviewed on the street, but it's hilarious that I got interviewed. I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE)
    I'm not ignoring you! I was spoken to and I've spoken back! (Now you have spoken to me and I'm speaking back! I'm bad at starting conversations, you know this!

But this interview sounds awesome! What was it for?

World Building Projects:
    Magic

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not ignoring you! I was spoken to and I've spoken back! (Now you have spoken to me and I'm speaking back! I'm bad at starting conversations, you know this!

But this interview sounds awesome! What was it for?
    But but but you have to be the one to speak to me sometimes, toooooo! *throws tantrum*

It was about transportation and stuff, like how bus fares have gone way down after Onnibus, a Finnish equivalent of Megabus (our Brits will understand what's going on...), started to offer stuff like 1 euro tickets if you book well in advance etc. So yeah. I was waiting at the stop for my bus in Helsinki to go back home, and them interviewer peoples come to me and are like heeeeyaaaaaa. Lemme know whatcha thinkin' about thiiiiiiis. Are the buses crowdeeed and like whaaaaaat.

AND I GOT ON TV HA. HA HA HA HA. HAA. Although, haven't seen it yet since it's not online right now.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

18. - Top - End - #168

AND I GOT ON TV HA. HA HA HA HA. HAA. Although, haven't seen it yet since it's not online right now.
    Awesome! You're a celebrity now!

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

I actually kinda feel super disgusted seeing myself on tv, as well, yeah. I don't like my speaking voice in Finnish. At all. :/

Oh well picture dump
    Spoiler
    Show
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

I was a child celebrity by those standards.

(It was a junior golf tournament and they were interviewing 9-year-old kids basically at random just off the putting green. I tossed them some variant of Ben Hogan's "The more I practice, the luckier I am" line, and Mom was just so proud, bluh.)

So...are the buses crowded or what? Inquiring minds want to know!

21. - Top - End - #171

I actually kinda feel super disgusted seeing myself on tv, as well, yeah. I don't like my speaking voice in Finnish. At all. :/

Oh well picture dump
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awe. I think you sound adorable and are super cute. Also that's...quite a dump. One picture

(I'm teasing, I'm teasing!)

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis J Hyena View Post
    Eeesh, it's supposed to *burn* over the weekend here in Ohio... 90s and high 80s.
    Yeah, I was sweating buckets walking to work this morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

That's the beauty of it for me. It brings words back to the light that have grown rusty and restores some, how shall we say, native flavour to the language.

Do you think that's a more or less pleasant method than keeping your body smeared with rancid bear fat or, failing that, mud all summer? That's the traditional method around here, although I wouldn't say it's been practiced by anybody for quite a while. I have to admit that being covered in mud is quite a pleasant sensation, temporarily. Maybe you could do the Sami method and then have a mud bath to soothe the living hell. Only public decorum keeps me from wallowing like a pregnant sow in the wet clay deposits that sometimes surface on the beach.
    Since I prefer my fat unspoiled and inside my body, the former. Definitely the former.

Mud is pretty nice until it dries. Then it's fun how it crumbles and falls off as you move, but it's hardly particularly comfortable any longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    I sat up comfortably straight at the highest level. So, I got the hottest of whatever it was.
    Yeah, I think most people know how to install a sauna correctly...

I can sympathise with the Wombat on this matter. Starting non-awkward conversations is hard...

Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

*throws this in the air*

I got tired of the idea of fixing my old bike - too much hassle. That, and it got stolen. Oh well, I'm too tired to care. I only paid like 30 euros for it. Sigh, I hope someone gives the Fjällräven ATB bike a better life. But honestly try googling the bike. Very little information on them, and no mention of it in Fjällräven's history - or at least what I've tried to look for. I've seen like one or two of these bikes before, so I don't think someone has just slapped a sticker on it or anything. Hmm. Oh well. Meh.

BUT ANYWAYS MEET MY NEW BABY that totally made me bankrupt. and i am totally replacing my ex with this bike like whatever

Spoiler: aww yeah look at that body
    Show

Here's my honeybun, lil' mister Focus, lookin' sexy as hell. Suggestions for a name are welcome.

It also felt good to support a local independet cycling business rather than getting the thing at a chain store of some sorts, even if it was a tad more expensive.

aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

26. - Top - End - #176

*throws this in the air*
    Ooh, it's all slick and stuff. Call it Black Leopard!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

Ooh, it's all slick and stuff. Call it Black Leopard!
    Thanks! And that's a good suggestion too - my sister's suggestion is Black Stallion. Heehee.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not sure if this will matter to anybody here (Zodalicious perhaps?), but Canadian hockey icon Gordie Howe passed away this morning. We had some pictures of him from the 1960s at work that I looked at and holy smokes he was a babe. If he were a Prime Minister, he would be John A. Macdamnald. Can I say zis?

I stream my art as I paint it, among other games and things now, which seems to have gotten at least partially popular.

Mainly, I've been enjoying painting more regularly, and also editing our wedding videos as well as remaking ocarina of time in a game called super mario maker.

Not much in the way of sales, but the stream earns me a few donations once in awhile!

How is your life and your budgies?
    All of that is good to hear. Your painting is really neat, I hope it earns you some success through whatever venue is available.

My budgies are extremely fluffy and silly. Here are some pictures of how fluffy they are.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bisley being weird

Bisley and Pudding posing, as in a formal Victorian-era tintype

My life is also fluffy and silly, thanks -- I've survived a rough patch that seems to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    I mean, strictly speaking, I like my restaurants really fancy and with excellent food (which, to be fair, was the impression I got of Canada when last I was up there, but I suppose vacation in Niagra Falls and Montreal involves eating a little better than everyday restaurants and the like). So, yes, fancy, and with copious amounts of fine food and drink.

I mean, I guess that depends on where on the east coast you are. While I tend to avoid the beach, my shore-going relatives assure me that the water is just fine (granted, that's Florida for you).
    If there's one adjective I feel comfortable self-applying, it's fancy. However, we haven't the high culture of Niagara Falls or Montreal here on the Prairies. I cite my recent trip to the country, drinking beer in the back seat of a 1990s Ford Explorer named "The Bone Collector:" offroading through the cattle trails and discharging firearms. I'm always touched that my redneck friends so kindly embrace this fancy bird.

Somehow I doubt the brine sloshing around the Maritimes has any of the warmth or charm of Florida's environs, but we shall see sir! We shall see. I shall plunge my carcass therein nevertheless.

--
    IN OTHER NEWS:

Living alone is weird. On one hand, I can do basically whatever I want so long as I don't disturb the neighbors, because I have no roommates. On the other hand, my social life has essentially disappeared, and while that's been good for my grades (so far, at least), it's starting to weigh on my mind a little bit (read: I get bored more often). Taking summer classes (when almost nobody I know is around) isn't helping either, though I am trying to meet new people (who, in all fairness, are probably in similar situations). Such is life.
    Are you living in residence? What are you taking?

Since I prefer my fat unspoiled and inside my body, the former. Definitely the former.

Mud is pretty nice until it dries. Then it's fun how it crumbles and falls off as you move, but it's hardly particularly comfortable any longer...
    I'm so sorry, I should have been more sensitive while speaking about bears! Of course the practice is barbaric and was rightly stopped. You'd think living with Snoz would teach me some consideration.

FinnLassie, I want to hear your Finnish speaking voice. Can't you post the TV clip?

edit Nice bike -- it looks fast, fast enough to ninja me. I want to suggest Gordie Howe as a name...
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2016-06-10 at 12:22 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Focus is a German bike company, so I would suggest you've found yourself a German Shepherd. You are a Finnish leopard riding a German Shepherd. :thumbsup:

omgfluffybudgies

30. - Top - End - #180
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

So... Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet is pretty good. Trying to find info on when Far Beyond the Voyage will be dubbed but coming up blank. #anime

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak