6th Deny 2/round
    7th Shielding Denial
    8th Undying Legion
    9th Deny 3/round
    10th True Immortality
    Alignment: Any
    Hit Die: 1d100

Class Skills:
    All skills except for Truespeak (Int), Use Magic Device (Cha) and Use Psionic Device (Cha) are class skills of the immortal soul.
    Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier

Weapon and armour proficiency
    The immortal soul gains no proficiency with any type of weapon. The immortal soul is proficient in every type of armour and shield ever to come to be.

Improved Shrug Off (Ex)
    Immortal souls pay less for their shrug off costs. The cost is halved, rounded down, and reduced by the immortal soul's level. For example, shrugging off an empowered meteor swarm (level 11) would normally cost 111 hit points, but for a 5th-level immortal soul, it only costs 50.

Fight to the Death (Ex)
    An immortal soul may challenge up to one creature at a time. The challenged creature is compelled to attack the immortal soul until one or the other dies. Neither creature can back down, or deliberately attack another creature (though a wizard might use dimension door to escape from melee range, before throwing a fireball that hits the immortal soul, and happens to hit another creature). This isn't a mind-affecting ability (or rather, while it is in a literal sense an ability which affects someone's mind, it can't be prevented by immunity to mind-affecting abilities).

Ultimate Resistance (Ex)
    An immortal soul gains a true bonus to armour class and to all saving throws equal to triple his immortal soul level, starting from second level. True bonuses always stack and aren't prevented or ignored by anything.

Deny (Ex)
    Once per round per three levels, an immortal soul can, without taking an action, prevent the effect of any one action on him. For example, he could prevent an earthquake from hitting him. However, he can't prevent an earthquake from destroying the floor from underneath him and making him fall, or from killing his girlfriend and making him sad: the effect must be directly upon him personally.

Insensible to Pain (Ex)
    From 4th level, whenever the immortal soul takes damage, he regains that amount of health over ten rounds, gaining fast healing (or improving existing fast healing) equal to one tenth of that amount of damage for that time (excess damage is applied to the first round first, then the second round, and so forth, so 103 damage is regenerated back as 11/11/11/10/10/10/10/10/10/10). Similarly, when the immortal soul pays health, he also regains that health in the same way. This effect stacks.

Total Mobility (Ex)
    From 5th level, the immortal soul cannot be prevented from acting or performing specific actions short of placing a physical barrier in his way. He climbs and swims at his full land speed.

Shielding Denial (Ex)
    From 7th level, the immortal soul can use his deny ability to prevent an effect on a creature within his natural reach, not just on himself.

Undying Legion (Ex)
    From 8th level, allies within 30 feet of the immortal soul gain a true bonus to armour class and saves equal to the immortal soul's level.

True Immortality (Ex)
    From 10th level, the immortal soul cannot die. His immortality cannot be prevented, resisted, mitigated, removed, deactivated, copied, altered or replicated and an ability that would do one of these fails. The only way that a creature can gain this ability is by taking 10 levels in the immortal soul prestige class, and from then on he cannot lose it.

Wizards can, and do, take creative measures to keep immortal souls in check once they reach this point.

Code of Conduct
    The Righteous Desperation class feature's effects apply to immortal soul levels.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2016-05-29 at 07:50 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Immortal Soul [Epic Hypermundane PrC; PEACH]

You need to add a "righteous desperation" class feature to all of your epic hypermundane PrC's. Otherwise, a fighter could dip one level into Veteran and then qualify for Immortal Soul, and completely ignore the vow. They'd lose their one veteran trick, but they'd get to keep all their nice Immortal Soul abilities.

Is "Undying Legion" supposed to be based off of class level or character level? It's not very clear.

Maybe elaborate a bit more on True Immortality. Does the Immortal Soul still go unconscious when they get to negative hit points, for example?

Overall, I like this class. I'm reminded of the battle of Azure City, when Hinjo said that "A sorcerer as powerful as Xykon doesn't engage opponents, he alters the course of entire battles". I get a similar feel from the Immortal Soul: They're so hard to put down that they alter the course of battles the way a tier 1 class does.
    It's also a good enough class that it's worth taking levels in it, rather than just piling on more levels of the base class and getting an absurd amount of Tricks.

An unrelated note about organization: You should probably make a single thread for all of your hypermundane stuff. It would help better organize your brew. Also, you'd be able to have a list of Tricks that were common to all of the classes and a bunch of smaller lists for all the skill tricks that are specific to a single class, rather than having multiple lists that have a huge number of duplicate lists. That way if you create a new Trick you don't have to put it in multiple threads, and it'd be easier to see the differences between the classes.
    It would also improve organization if you made more liberal use of spoiler tags, for stuff like the Shrug Off feature and the Trick lists.
    Awesome Edward Elric avatar by gurgleflep!
    Let's Watch Steins;Gate!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateWench

So I thought of mythos classes as soon as a read the true immortality ability so what "wins" exactly in the case of true immortality and an ability that specifically states abilities like it don't work and the creature just dies no matter what would keep it alive?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

I once thought about a True Immortality elixir artifact, considered that same question, and decided that in the case of True Immortality vs effects that might defeat True Immortality, the DM should make a ruling either way. As in, specifically call out that the DM should decide whether that effect is sufficient to kill the True Immortal or even remove said True Immortality.

The alternative is some silly one-upsmanship where someone creates a True Immortality Slayer effect that specifically kills True Immortals, followed by a Double True Immortality effect that specifically blocks that, and so on.
    Last edited by The_Final_Stand; 2016-05-29 at 03:57 AM.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    You need to add a "righteous desperation" class feature to all of your epic hypermundane PrC's. Otherwise, a fighter could dip one level into Veteran and then qualify for Immortal Soul, and completely ignore the vow. They'd lose their one veteran trick, but they'd get to keep all their nice Immortal Soul abilities.
    Okay, I added that in.

Is "Undying Legion" supposed to be based off of class level or character level? It's not very clear.
    Class level, as are all class abilities unless specified otherwise.

Maybe elaborate a bit more on True Immortality. Does the Immortal Soul still go unconscious when they get to negative hit points, for example?
    Yeah, unless they have something that stops them. True immortality only stops you dying. That said, you're going to fast heal back into positives pretty fast unless someone throws you into the sun.

An unrelated note about organization: You should probably make a single thread for all of your hypermundane stuff. It would help better organize your brew.
    I'm planning to make a complete hypermundane document, possibly in PDF format with pretty pictures and everything, and with that put all my variant casters which are less powerful (maybe divide it into a "Low-power" section which contains T5 casters and gishes, a "Mid-power" section containing T3 casters and mundanes, and a "High-power" section containing T1 gishes and mundanes.

Also, you'd be able to have a list of Tricks that were common to all of the classes
    There are zero of these tricks. Even if you said "Common to all of the nonepic classes" there still aren't any.

It would also improve organization if you made more liberal use of spoiler tags, for stuff like the Shrug Off feature and the Trick lists.
    I'll probably just put Righteous Desperation on one page and Shrug Off and another, and the rules for learning tricks on another, so I can just go:

Righteous Desperation (Ex)
    The [Hypermundane] has the Righteous Desperation class feature (see page X).

Quote Originally Posted by Scaileanna View Post
    So I thought of mythos classes as soon as a read the true immortality ability so what "wins" exactly in the case of true immortality and an ability that specifically states abilities like it don't work and the creature just dies no matter what would keep it alive?
    Essentially, True Immortality rides one level higher than the mythos classes. Here's what happens:

-If you have no immortality, no-one tries to kill you, you don't die.
    -If you have no immortality, someone nonmythic tries to kill you, you die.
    -If you have immortality, someone nonmythic tries to kill you, you would die, but immortality stops you dying.
    -If you have immortality, someone nonmythic tries to kill you, you would die, immortality would stop you from dying, but mythos stops immortality from stopping you from dying, so you die.
    -If you have true immortality, someone nonmythic tries to kill you, you would die, TI would stop you from dying, but mythos would stop TI from stopping you from dying, but TI stops mythos from stopping you from dying, so you don't die.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    I once thought about a True Immortality elixir artifact, considered that same question, and decided that in the case of True Immortality vs effects that might defeat True Immortality, the DM should make a ruling either way. As in, specifically call out that the DM should decide whether that effect is sufficient to kill the True Immortal or even remove said True Immortality.

The alternative is some silly one-upsmanship where someone creates a True Immortality Slayer effect that specifically kills True Immortals, followed by a Double True Immortality effect that specifically blocks that, and so on.
    Yeah, the answer is something like:

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    I'm assuming the DM won't allow homebrew effects which say "This can kill Amkii the Ineffable, and when it does it stays down." You'd have to write something painfully specific to kill it and the DM can always say "No".
    That is: True Immortality exists for the sole purpose of making SURE that nothing kills it. It becomes pointless if you write something that can kill it, so really, why bother making that thing that can kill it?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

There are zero of these tricks. Even if you said "Common to all of the nonepic classes" there still aren't any.
    The following tricks are common to all of the nonepic hypermundane classes. (By "all", I mean the Witch Hunter, Mundane Trickster, Berserker, Veteran and Aescetic. Let me know if I missed one of them).

Always Strike First, Battlesense, Combat Coup, Combat Maneuver Master, Death Mark, Defender, Disappearance, Dominating Shout, Escape Death, Find Planar Rift, Find Rift, Full Attacker, Healing Hands, Heroic Killing Blow, Instant Identify, Jump Master, Killing Blow, Magic Resistance, Mortal Wound, Not on My Watch, Paragon, Perfect Aim, Skilled, Snap Out of It, Sudden Movement, Swimmer, Terrifying Presence, Speed of Light, Speed of Sound, Untouchable, Wall Crash, Wingclip, You Have No Power Over Me.

There are also about a dozen that are common to all of the classes except one of them, like Counterattack, which everyone except the Berserker gets.

When you do make your consolidated document, just add a line saying which classes get access to the Trick, like with spells, instead of posting the same trick and description 4 or 5 times over.
    Awesome Edward Elric avatar by gurgleflep!
    Let's Watch Steins;Gate!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Randomguy View Post
    The following tricks are common to all of the nonepic hypermundane classes. (By "all", I mean the Witch Hunter, Mundane Trickster, Berserker, Veteran and Aescetic. Let me know if I missed one of them).
    You missed hypnotist, which has its own list that contains no other tricks that another class gains.

But yeah, I will just list what class gains them.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2016-05-29 at 05:05 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

PirateWench

That is: True Immortality exists for the sole purpose of making SURE that nothing kills it. It becomes pointless if you write something that can kill it, so really, why bother making that thing that can kill it?
    fair enough just wasn't sure as specifics trump general but both are phrased the same, but in the end wish trumps all

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

fair enough just wasn't sure as specifics trump general but both are phrased the same, but in the end wish trumps all
    Until your wish gets twisted because it wasn't a safe wish.

10. - Top - End - #10

PirateWench

Until your wish gets twisted because it wasn't a safe wish.
    is any wish ever truly safe though?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Banned

is any wish ever truly safe though?
    Yes:

A wish can produce any one of the following effects... You may try to use a wish to produce greater effects than these, but doing so is dangerous. (The wish may pervert your intent into a literal but undesirable fulfillment or only a partial fulfillment.)
    Any of the bullet-pointed abilities of wish are "Safe" wishes.