New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445
Results 1,321 to 1,344 of 1344
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Beyond Myria (Iron Heroes) IC

Vesha's eyes focus. He shakes his head, and then looks at Mynas for a moment, then back at his mace. He nods to himself. The spirits speak through this brew... we should all partake, to gain their wisdom. Mynas, you have not yet drunk from it.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Orc in the Playground

Thyr shakes her head.
    "I don't intend to be so hasty, Vesha. I've seen both shamans take in similar concoctions without ill effects. I've also seen those who cannot commune with spirits suffer worse reactions to such things. And I am most concerned with Jyn and Ingvar's response to the brew." She nodded towards the addled Lupin and the Lorekeeper. She glances over to Noj. "If you're planning to hold back as well, take my skin and refill it. I'll stay with Vesha in case the others take ill to the vial." She offered the skin to Noj.
    "For the amateur, the funniest thing in the world is the sight of a man dressed up as an old woman rolling down a steep hill in a wheel-chair and crashing into a wall at the bottom of it. But to make a pro laugh, it would have to be a real old woman." Groucho Marx

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Orc in the Playground

Jyn's concerns come back to the present. She had partially ignored the last few moments of conversation as she tried to catalogue the experience. The wonder she felt of ties to a peoples far to the West fascinated her. Could that be the true loremasters the journal spoke of?, she wondered.

Turning back to the others,
    "That was afascinating experience. I am not fully sure what it represents, but I did not feel any evil. Not that I have experience with possible evil on such a level."
    Wonderful Avatar by Kain_Tempest

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Orc in the Playground

"I don't question whether or not it is evil. The animals, weather, and disease, cannot be considered evil, but in their very natures are designed to destroy..." Thyr shakes her head. "Ingvar... Jyn... Do you feel well?"
    "For the amateur, the funniest thing in the world is the sight of a man dressed up as an old woman rolling down a steep hill in a wheel-chair and crashing into a wall at the bottom of it. But to make a pro laugh, it would have to be a real old woman." Groucho Marx

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Orc in the Playground

Ingvar the Wolf

Ingvar smiles grimly. "Never better, lass... never better. The trail is now clear before me, my sword is sharp, and my arrows keen."

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Orc in the Playground

Jyn

"I feel more sure of myself, and not in the manner described from eating the artic boca plant. It's like I am more connected to the land or some people of this land. Not only must we work to save this land, but we must work to save ourselves from a life of disharmony. Our first step is to become in harmony with our individual selves, then as a group, and finally extend that harmony to the world."

Jyn reflects for a moment as if beginning to come to terms with her place in the world. She then removes the shawl presented to her by the Thane and begins altering it. Retrieving the gruesome lizard claw and tokens of victory from the Orges, she begins constructing some form of calage.

Muttering to herself, she can be heard saying,"This should work nicely for our focus. Until we can get a better material base for our banner. If only I could think of a good name to represent us, like the ones they used in the past. Hmmm, how did those stories go again?"

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Vesha waits patiently. He does not seem to doubt at all that Mynas will drink.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

Noj Onadare
    Noj nods mutely and takes Mynas' waterskin with almost a grateful attitude. He turns and jogs away, heading outside.

As the group debates, Noj does not return.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Orc in the Playground

Thyr rubs her temples.
    "I'm sorry I asked."
    "Or for Proginetor's sake, just take the shot. If we're going to be here for a week and it turns out to be poison, then you'll have a fistful to shake it off. Besides, it isn't like you are going to be very useful while I'm being remade." Thyr clicked her tongue and looked at Vesha, trying to see some kind of smugness in him in that Faillune had sided with him.
    "Fine." Mynas snatches the vial and carefully tips the spout onto the back of her hand and to her mouth. Capturing a droplet she takes it onto her tongue and lowers the vial before swallowing, closing her eyes and waiting for the punishing sensation of toxins entering her blood.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Barbarian in the Playground

With all eyes on her, she closes her eyes as she ingests, feeling the strange new sensations and anticipating the first shock of a poison.
    A small sweat begins on her brow, then despite the warmth of the room she shivers slightly as a cool breeze blows across her neck her skin prickles.

With a sudden gasp, inhaling a long breath she looks up and around. Everything seems sharper and finer, the scents that once seemed faint and unusual now paint a clear, delicate picture.

Outside, Noj cools his skin with a handful of snow and looks upwards. The ice-blue sky pales with misty clouds low above his head. The darker storms are moving swiftly away to the south.
    A pin-prick distracts his consciousness, and several miles to the West one of the life-lines that he feels winks out. The Avalanche travellers start to die.
    Last edited by Gygaxphobia; 2008-03-13 at 09:40 AM.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Black Shield Transforms! - from Beyond Myria campaign
    Wolvun avatar by kind courtesy of Kain_Tempest.

Spoiler
    Show

Requiescat in pace: the "Sweet Hat Bro" bird.
    Can nothing survive the jaws of THE BEAST? Even the innocent cute and fluffy?

Quote Originally Posted by sikyon View Post
    Sometimes people forget all the benefits we reap from the sacrifices of our soldiers.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Orc in the Playground

Jyn watches Noj leave and the realization overcome Mynas. With determination she returns to her work on the standard, reaching for some items from the vault to decorate it.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Troll in the Playground

Noj Onadare
    Upon first stepping out into the snow, Noj exhilarates in the sensation of the cold air on his skin after the armpit heat of the cave. His smile of pleasure falters somewhat as he feels the mental prickling. For a few long moments, the Avalancher stands completely still, save for a single muscle under his right eye twitching.
    Abruptly, he falls to his knees, and then to his hands and knees, Mynas' waterskin forgotten in the snow. Almost a minute passes before the lithe mountain man springs to his feet and begins an abrupt descent of the cliff-face, abandoning caution for the sake of speed as he scrambles back down to the steam-vents below like a pika.
    Spoiler
    Show

Climb Challenge.
    Climb - (1d20+6)[12]

13. - Top - End - #1333

From within the room, you feel mountain grumble around you. It shifts like an old man trying to dislodge wind from his breeches.
    While the room stays solid there is the faint sounds of shifting rocks and falling dust, and with a belch a cloud of noxious smoke puffs into the room, coming up from the well at the centre.

You cough slightly at the acrid taste, covering your mouths and crouching low. With the door open the smoke swirls around the roof and begins to drift outwards. As the shuddering rock settles, a more article artificial beat is heard. A repitive thumping, faint and far off, but humming through the air of the mountain. There is a faint drone that may even be chanting, but you cannot tell for sure.
    Last edited by Gygaxphobia; 2008-03-14 at 03:12 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

Sometimes people forget all the benefits we reap from the sacrifices of our soldiers.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

What is that? snarls Vesha. The lizard creatures? Or the servants of the Adelmeda?

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Orc in the Playground

Jyn replies "whatever is causing that sound, is unlikely to be good. Maybe we should find a way to safely protect ourselves. And what of Noj, I hope he is safe."

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Orc in the Playground

"Whatever it is, we should close the door. If we stay quite they may ignore the armoury. Noj is on his own for now." Mynas heads towards the armory entrance and looks for a way to close the doors from the inside.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Orc in the Playground

Ingvar the Wolf

"Mayhap I should go scouting for the source of this noise... it may be tactically unsound to lock ourselves in if, say, someone is closing off our exit from this mountain."

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Orc in the Playground

Jyn replies "Whether the door is open or closed, if something tries to shut us inside the mountain, we will be shut within the mountain without fresh food or water. I think finding the door closed may be turn any foes away. But I worry for Noj."

19. - Top - End - #1339

The door can be swung inwards to close you in, but there is no sign of a depression on the inside for the Crest of the Sun to fit, or other lock or handle.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Troll in the Playground

Noj Onadare
    Skidding down the rocks with awkward haste, Noj finally reaches the ground. He breathes heavily for a moment, then dashes off towards the west, dodging geysers as he goes.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ogre in the Playground

Noj will return, we do not need to worry about that, says Vesha confidently. But we should not lock ourselves in... Ingvar's idea is best.

22. - Top - End - #1342

Noj lands on the soft earth underneath the cliffs and takes a few tentative steps to test it.
    The flocks of birds have returned to the cliffs, but there is unease in the air, the disquieting sense of being watched as well as scent of dead creatures, but no remains.

Stepping quicker now, Noj sees only one geyser - a much more gentle venting than before, then he leaps up on the rocks of the North face and strides away.

The view is staggering from here, the North face has some gentle steps but for the most part it is steep rock and rubble for several hundred feet. Perhaps five hundred feet below the slope becomes much more gentle and the snowline starts. This gentle slope continues down to the remains of the Wardens Tower and the valley, where there is no sign of the Column.

So Noj slides down the rocks some way before finding a suitable path and sprints off to the West.
    Last edited by Gygaxphobia; 2008-03-15 at 10:18 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Orc in the Playground

Ingvar the Wolf

Ingvar nods to Vesha, and exits the room, meaning to find the source of the noises as stealthily as possible.

24. - Top - End - #1344

*CLOSED: PLEASE USE BOOK 2 THREAD*

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73985

Spoiler
    Show