New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Closed Account

Default "Farm-kill" commoners for profit and fun

Assuming that if a CR 1 gives experience up to level 9 and no more, then a CR 1/2 should give xp untill you reach level 8, and a CR 1/4 ( first level commoner ) untill you reach level 7...

I've done a little math and, taking in account that xp awards for each commoner decrease from 75 ( character level 1-4 ) to more or less 60 ( level 5 ) and to 50 ( level 60 ), then you would need to kill more or less 336 folks to get level 7.

Now, killing some commoners is an extremely easy task even for a level 1 party of 4 character. If they take some pains to be sure no witness is left, expecially if they target isolate farms and other small installations, reaching a body count of ( 336 x 4 = 1.344 ) would take just a year or two. It's not really an huge body count, if you think whole villages are quite frequently razed by orcs and other barbarian hordes; beside that if they travel between a raid and another, and spread the "xp farming" in a vast enough area, that could pass almost unnoticed.

There would be a problem: that level 7 party would have no equipment or money beside those few they could stole from the commoners. But here's the solution: if they capture the commoners alive ( Sleep spells, stunning blows, non lethal traps and the like ) and bring them to their lair, hidden somewhere in the wilderness, then they can sacrifice them to the dark gods in order to get Dark Craft virtual gold points and experience points.

Assuming that one character is a Wizard and specializes in magical item creation, and another is a Cleric specialized in sacrifice, they could get that:

Knowledge ( religion ) 4 points
    Fox Cunning ( cast by the Wizard on the Cleric ) +2 for enached Intelligence
    some Mushrom Powder created by Extract Drug spell + 1 for alchemical bonus to Intelligence
    aid another action +2 ( the Wizard helping the Cleric with occult researches )
    Sacrifical Skill spell + 4
    Sacrifical Mastery feat + 5
    Focused Ability ( knowledge - religions ) +2
    sacrifice done on an altar + 2
    one hour sacrifical ceremony + 1
    1 hd victim +1
    victim is tortured for a day ( some Healing spells to be sure they don't die ) + 1
    victim is willing but controlled ( brainwashing, dependency from magical drugs, intimidation ecc. ) + 1

That makes a + 26 bonus for the skill check on sacrifices, at level 1 ( it only goes up ). Even assuming the Cleric always aim for the minimum result ( 27 at level 1 ), that would means ( 27 x 5 ) 135 points ( either xp or gp ) of Dark Craft for every sacrifice, for a total of 604.800 points for 1.344 sacrifices. Actually, the total would be considerably higher because the Cleric would raise his Knowledge skill, access to Dissacrate and Profanate spells and be able to summon fiends to assist the sacrifices, all things that would eventually boost his checks.
    Every party member would end up with more than 120.000 gp of magic equipment, which is quite good for a level 7 party. They would just need to buy the steel necessary to forge the items and weapons themselves.

So, what you think about that idea?
    Last edited by Conradine; 2016-05-31 at 10:21 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Serial killing commoners: an easy way to level 7?

It sounds like it should be in the 3.x forum.

It sounds like the other side of an adventure hook. Were I the GM they could expect some heroes coming around soon. Yes, whole villages are lost to monsters and enemy action but you know what? People notice that and send someone to find out what's going on. And at low level they may very well be killed by farmers protecting themselves. Even if we assume everyone there is a 1st level Commoner, with no more advanced commoners or even people with heroic levels.

Regarding CR - the important thing is 'challenge'. The characters won't be getting XP from everyone because not everyone will be trying to fight. Most will be trying to run away, or cower in a corner or something. Unless there is actual challenge, actual chance of failure, there is no proper encounter and there will be no xp in any meaningful way.

The mechanics? These people still need to get to however many levels they need for all this nonsense (at least 3rd, considering the spell use) without dying or getting caught or being run off. Then they need a safe base of operation to store all their victims, and a place to perform the torture rituals. Again, this sounds like a more traditional adventure from the other side: expect heroes knocking on your door any day.

'just need to buy the steel' - great, where do they get the money? I doubt the combined riches of these villages amount to all that much. Then you have to sell it, which either means finding some unscrupulous merchants or come to some other town loaded with what looks like loot from villages. "You know how villages A, B and C all went mysteriously silent? Well, a bunch of guys just came to town with what looks like combined stuff from three villages; coincidence?"

What it sounds like to me is people trying to game the system.
    Were I running an evil game I'd allow the PCs to try but unless they were very clever about it they couldn't expect things to go according to plan.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

And this is why the villain characters are so high-level.

But really, whether this works or not (as well as whether the player characters get hunted down by some army or order) is completely up to the DM.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

This reminds me of a comic in Dragon Magazine where a peasant runs into town screaming "Run, a fighter who only needs 5 xp to level 20 is on his way"

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Which is why xp is a silly concept that's way past its sell by date.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Murdering 300+ people only to learn how to get better at murdering people is some next level messed up stuff. I tell you hwhat.

(and is a great example of why killing people should not be the main mechanism of gaining EXP, unless you consider WOW a proper RPG)
    Black text is for sarcasm, also sincerity. You'll just have to read between the lines and infer from context like an animal

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mastikator View Post
    Murdering 300+ people only to learn how to get better at murdering people is some next level messed up stuff. I tell you hwhat.

(and is a great example of why killing people should not be the main mechanism of gaining EXP, unless you consider WOW a proper RPG)
    Even WoW has the basic idea that killing something way beneath you grants no experience down.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toadkiller View Post
    Which is why xp is a silly concept that's way past its sell by date.
    Because of a thought experiment that make erroneous assumptions, disregards any consequences within the game world, doesn't take the context of the game in consideration and that doesn't even work by the rules as written?
    That's why "xp is a silly concept that's way past its sell by date" ? Sure, I mean if reinforcing your preconceived notions is everything you care about, grasping at straws is probably fine.

Ignoring all the reason why this would be a bad idea in or out of game, it doesn't work by the rules themselves. Check DMG p. 39. You don't get XP for an encounter that doesn't challenge you at all. Even if the encounter calculator provides a number >0. Experience points are awarded for overcoming challenges. NOT for killing creatures. Thats why you can't really "cheat" the system.

The reason why CR 1/4 creatures provide xp awards for higher level PCs is that there are situations where the presence or absence of such creatures does influence the challenge of the encounter. Even if the creatures by themselves wouldn't be a challenge for the PCs. The designers thought this would not extend to all levels so they had to draw a line somewhere. The line (level 7 in this case) is arbitrary but such is the nature of a sorites paradox.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

@Conradine:

No challenge, no XP.
    Should also explain why you gain no XP for each rabbit/cow/sheep/chicken you hunt down and eat.
    Or why commoners don´t rule the world.

On a side-note, that would explain why you never encounter low-level Skinsaw Cultists.

10. - Top - End - #10

Since killing commoners has negative consequences, why not kill 1/4 CR housecats? They cost 3cp to buy and in many cases commoners will probably pay you to exterminate the lethal vermin.

Nevermind that any sensible DM will look at you and shout "no!" before hitting you with a nerf Mjolnir.
    My Homebrew
    A Return to Exile, a homebrew campaign setting.
    Under Construction: Skills revamp for the Campaign Setting. I need to make a new index thread.

11. - Top - End - #11

I seem to be missing something here; isn't this horribly inefficient?
    I mean, first off, killing extremely poor people with no means of defense means that, while you may eventually get to be a higher level, you'll be far behind the curve in terms of wealth.

Secondly, the time this would take - when compared to standard adventuring - is absolutely ludicrous. You'd have to find a village, establish that there isn't even one person who is a threat to you, and start killing people who can run away as fast as you run at them. 4 people slaughtering a whole village will take a while, especially once the Wizard runs out of spells. Then you find another village, rinse and repeat. For a very long time.

Third, I think this is far riskier than you seem to believe. Either you're targeting farms and homesteads away from civilization - which means it's even slower - or you risk a militia/town watch killing you. Remember, at low levels, a crit can easily take you out of the action. Even a handful of level 1 warriors is a credible threat; especially if led by a captain or leading a resistance of commoners. You're also weaker to environmental factors, like fire or booby traps.
    And then, even if you do stick to isolated families, you still have to worry about retaliation (the local lord wouldn't take kindly to all his farmers being killed off, and hires a higher-level party to hunt you down) and retired adventurers (a level 8 fighter who retired after losing an arm can still wipe the floor with a level 3 party.)

Sure, it would work, but why even bother?
    Last edited by Strigon; 2016-05-31 at 07:45 AM.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just going to put this video out there.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I'm with BWR, this sounds like an adventure hook. If you can drop the right amount of clues, it could be a very decent murder mystery. Since they're getting so much dark craft gp/xp, there'd be plenty of loot for PCs to find, as well (even just discards from the 120.000 gp pile are worthwhile).

Edit: not levelling up makes the WBL disparity even more pronounced. It's a decent way to get rich, I suppose.
    Last edited by ExLibrisMortis; 2016-05-31 at 08:18 AM.
    Spoiler: Collectible nice things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Faily View Post
    Read ExLibrisMortis' post...

WHY IS THERE NO LIKE BUTTON?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Libris: look at your allowed sources. I don't think any of your options were from those.
    My incarnate/crusader. A self-healing crowd-control melee build (ECL 8).
    My Ruby Knight Vindicator barsader. A party-buffing melee build (ECL 14).
    Doctor Despair's and my all-natural approach to necromancy.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Conradine View Post
    So, what you think about that idea?
    I think it speaks to a fundamental misunderstanding of encounter-based exp. Or, put differently:

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    No challenge, no XP.
    Should also explain why you gain no XP for each rabbit/cow/sheep/chicken you hunt down and eat.
    Or why commoners don´t rule the world.
    This.

You get exp for overcoming obstacles or challenges, not simply for killing. Killing awards exp when the thing you're killing is an obstacle. When you kill the guard instead of diplomancing him, exp. When you kill the Kobolds instead of stealthing past them, exp. When you kill the Dragon instead of bluffing him, exp.

But just killing things to kill things is a downtime activity. It's like when the Fighter says, "I go to the bar and roll to get drunk." If he then asks how much exp he gets, you tell him, "You don't get exp for getting drunk, shut up and eat your Cheetohs." Killing randos is the same thing.

If every body were worth exp, you could simply use the anthill method of leveling - get a boiling teakettle, find an anthill, and pour boiling water in. Ants may be worth a fraction of a fraction of an exp, but there are thousands of the little buggers in an anthill community. Heck, get an AoE and blow up the field - there've got to be tons of anthills in that area, if there's one, and that means tons of (fractions of) experience, right?

No. Simply going around killing things doesn't award exp.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Closed Account

You get exp for overcoming obstacles or challenges, not simply for killing.

Actually, there is a challenge and it's not the mere act of killing weak commoner.
    The challenge is doing it in a way that provide you a big reward and don't get you caught. The characters do not simply go on a rampage in a village ( and then get chased by the national guard ).

They must:

- choose carefully isolated enough location
    - spread they attacks enough to not raise too much heat in a single area
    - prepare a lair / evil temple hidden in the wilderness
    - capture alive the commoners
    - care to leave no witness and allow no one to escape
    - bring them to the lair discretly enough to not be seen and leaving no evident tracks
    - sacrifice them correctly to get Dark Craft rewards

There is the planning, there is the challenge, and there is also the treasure ( the Dark Craft items ).

16. - Top - End - #16

Actually, there is a challenge and it's not the mere act of killing weak commoner.
    The challenge is doing it in a way that provide you a big reward and don't get you caught. The characters do not simply go on a rampage in a village ( and then get chased by the national guard ).

They must:

- choose carefully isolated enough location
    - spread they attacks enough to not raise too much heat in a single area
    - prepare a lair / evil temple hidden in the wilderness
    - capture alive the commoners
    - care to leave no witness and allow no one to escape
    - bring them to the lair discretly enough to not be seen and leaving no evident tracks
    - sacrifice them correctly to get Dark Craft rewards

There is the planning, there is the challenge, and there is also the treasure ( the Dark Craft items ).
    This is no longer serial killing commoners, which is what most people are referring to with the no challenge bit. It has become 'How do I kidnap enough people to craft magic items through sacrifices without getting caught?' The commoners are in no way a challenge, as a sap will be able to knock any commoner out in one hit for easy transport.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

As others have pointed out, serial killers are in fact sometimes higher than level 1, so presumably it is possible to gain XP through serial killing. That doesn't mean it's a particularly good way for PCs to do it.
    Lord Raziere herd I like Blasphemy, so Urpriest Exalted as a Malefactor

Meet My Monstrous Guide to Monsters. Everything you absolutely need to know about Monsters and never thought you needed to ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    One of the unwritten rules of Giantitp is that Urpriest is always right.
    Trophy!
    Spoiler
    Show

original Urpriest (by Andraste)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Closed Account

Regarding CR - the important thing is 'challenge'. The characters won't be getting XP from everyone because not everyone will be trying to fight. Most will be trying to run away, or cower in a corner or something.
    That is the challenge. If three commoners charge at the Fighter with their gardening tools, dispatch them is easy. But when they run in three different directions, or hide somewhere in the farm, and if even one of them manage to reach the nearest town the game is over, then the heavy armor that reduces movement speed and the zero points in Listen / Observe skill become heavy problems. And the help of the evil Ranger becomes required.

It sounds like the other side of an adventure hook. Were I the GM they could expect some heroes coming around soon. Yes, whole villages are lost to monsters and enemy action but you know what? People notice that and send someone to find out what's going on. And at low level they may very well be killed by farmers protecting themselves.
    Exactly. That's why the evil party must spread the attacks and travel as much they could between them. They must stealth, scout the places they raid well before the raid itself, and do their best to aknowledge the presence of possible dangers.

just need to buy the steel' - great, where do they get the money? I doubt the combined riches of these villages amount to all that much.
    I didn't meant "buy the finite product" ( perfect weapons and armors ) but to buy the raw material, the metal. Then one of the party members ( with many points in the appropriate Artisian skills ) would forge them himself, then the Cleric and the Wizard would provide the enchantement. They can also melt every iron tool the can scavenge from the commoners and make their own steel.

The line (level 7 in this case) is arbitrary but such is the nature of a sorites paradox.
    The line is not arbitrary. In the DM Guide xp chart, a creature that is 8 levels or more under the average party level grants no xp, so the maximum reachable level for killing CR 1 creatures is 9 ( then CR 1/2 -> 8 and CR 1/4 -> 7 ).

This is no longer serial killing commoners, which is what most people are referring to with the no challenge bit. It has become 'How do I kidnap enough people to craft magic items through sacrifices without getting caught?'
    Become?
    It was that from the first post. I'm sorry if the title is misguiding, I assumed that at least the first post would be read.

The commoners are in no way a challenge, as a sap will be able to knock any commoner out in one hit for easy transport.

The problem is not knocking down one commoner in some arena. That would be worthless.
    The problem is that they usually are not alone, even in small establishments.
    The problem is:

- if even one commoner manage to run away
    - if even one commoner manage to hide
    - if even one commoner was outside home, return in the middle of the raid, see what is happening from a long distance and choose to run or hide

Then the area will be aware that a band of well organized raiders is operating there.
    They must scout the area of every attack, precisely count the commoners, be sure they get them all and that either they're too far from other establishments to be heard or that the raid makes no noise.

They also must dispose of the bodies ( Speak with the Dead, every first level cleric would be able to acknowledge what happened if a corpse is found ), leave no tracks travelling to the lair, be sure no casual wanderer ( pastors, hunters, lumberjacks ) stumble upon the lair, keep the prisoners well guarded untill the sacrifices are completed.

I agree it's low risk compared to adventuring but it's not zero risk and every step requires planning.
    Last edited by Conradine; 2016-05-31 at 10:17 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19

The line is not arbitrary. In the DM Guide xp chart, a creature that is 8 levels or more under the average party level grants no xp, so the maximum reachable level for killing CR 1 creatures is 9 ( then CR 1/2 -> 8 and CR 1/4 -> 7 ).
    That it is 8 CR below your level is arbitrary. They could have just as easily made it so that you would have to be within 1 level of the CR to get exp for it and it would be just as arbitrary. Abitrary just means that they chose some point for the cutoff, regardless of where it is.

Become?
    It was that from the first post. I'm sorry if the title is misguiding, I assumed that at least the first post would be read.
    Some people on this board don't even finish reading the title before they post. Having an accurate title is crucial, as it will color how people view the opening post. Thus "Serial killing commons" colors people's view to 'this is a thread about killing commoners,' even if there are other details.

The problem is not knocking down one commoner in some arena. That would be worthless.
    The problem is that they usually are not alone, even in small establishments.
    The point of the sap is to take targets alive. Kidnapping is just about as perfect a scenario for the sap as you can get.
    D&D 3.0 and 3.5 SRDs

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    I'm honestly surprised at how often I spawn new sig's. Am I really that quotable?
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaMyconid View Post
    What do you mean it's not that great?

It lets you reload your greatsword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Neutral Evil is Evil untainted by concern over Law or Chaos. It is Evil in its purest form, much like NG is Good in its purest form, LN is Law in its purest form, and CN is murderhoboing in its purest form.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Closed Account

Default Re: "Farm-kill" commoners for profit and fun

I mean, first off, killing extremely poor people with no means of defense means that, while you may eventually get to be a higher level, you'll be far behind the curve in terms of wealth.

Please read the OP before answering.

I'm with BWR, this sounds like an adventure hook. If you can drop the right amount of clues, it could be a very decent murder mystery. Since they're getting so much dark craft gp/xp, there'd be plenty of loot for PCs to find, as well (even just discards from the 120.000 gp pile are worthwhile).

Yep, although it would be terribly corrupted equipement.
    Last edited by Conradine; 2016-05-31 at 10:27 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

RogueGuy

Yeah from the title of the thread, it sounds more like you and three friends go around trying to find an kill random Level 1 commoners. As other people said, that isn't a challenge. Well, depending on the race of the commoner >.> (this seems like you want play some KKK version of D&D) The only way you could get experience from that, is if you stay on one area. Kill people for awhile. The longer you stay, and the more attention it draws. Which would make it hard to kill Level 1 commoners. Then Yeah, I can see some experience points being awarded out.

From what you post, it's not serial killing. It's more in line of an evil scheme to get rich and power. Like you are at the starting level of an Evil Overlord.

What is the actual Exp table for 1v1 Commoner. The table in the books is for a "Standard" group of 4 people isn't it? If its a little more inline. Couldn't you then theoretically Dig a pit. Throw commoners into the pit with some kind of weapon. Hop into it and then 1v1 them?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Closed Account

If its a little more inline. Couldn't you then theoretically Dig a pit. Throw commoners into the pit with some kind of weapon. Hop into it and then 1v1 them?
    It would be a good training for the evil Warrior. Well, it could be a good training for the whole party ( after all, even the Wizard develops some basic fighting skills ). They could challenge the prisoners in 1vs1 fights, make them pass out with non lethal damage, then repeat untill they are no longer able to get up, then sacrifice them to the Dark Gods.

It would be resources optimization.

23. - Top - End - #23

RogueGuy

Sorry, I just have to say this. I can't stop laughing at the thought of a bunch of High Elves in overalls riding around in a haywagon. With the one driving, whilst having a piece of Hay in his mouth, Yelling "GIT' THEM DARKIE ELVES!!" then taking a swig of his Moonshine Wine.

KKK D&D.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Closed Account

It's funny! But I prefer Equal Opportunity Evil.

" Really, it's nothing personal. I don't hate halflings. I just happen to grisly torture and sacrifice to the Dark Gods everyone I manage to kidnap. "

25. - Top - End - #25

Flumph

If the challenge is in avoiding detection, rather than combat, then isn't the CR of the commoners irrelevant? It'd be up to the DM to decide what reward is appropriate for the whole operation, which has nothing to do with an individual commoner's (lack of) threat level.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Divide by Zero View Post
    If the challenge is in avoiding detection, rather than combat, then isn't the CR of the commoners irrelevant? It'd be up to the DM to decide what reward is appropriate for the whole operation, which has nothing to do with an individual commoner's (lack of) threat level.
    Pretty much - you're using the investigator's CR, based on the chance they'll catch the PCs, and on the consequences of the PCs being found by said investigator. At first, it will come down to the investigator's skill modifiers. I can think of uses for Gather Information, Listen, Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Geography), Search, Spot, Survival, and so on. After that, it's down to ambush strength.

The investigator might just be a low-level ranger, with highly optimized Favoured Enemy (Evil) and Nemesis, teaching the commoners to become Tucker's kobolds.
    Spoiler: Collectible nice things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Faily View Post
    Read ExLibrisMortis' post...

WHY IS THERE NO LIKE BUTTON?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
    Libris: look at your allowed sources. I don't think any of your options were from those.
    My incarnate/crusader. A self-healing crowd-control melee build (ECL 8).
    My Ruby Knight Vindicator barsader. A party-buffing melee build (ECL 14).
    Doctor Despair's and my all-natural approach to necromancy.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ExLibrisMortis View Post
    The investigator might just be a low-level ranger, with highly optimized Favoured Enemy (Evil) and Nemesis, teaching the commoners to become Tucker's kobolds.
    Or one of the "commoners" turns out to be a Vigilante with the social identity being the commoner.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Closed Account

If the challenge is in avoiding detection, rather than combat, then isn't the CR of the commoners irrelevant?

The challenge is capturing commoners alive, bring them to the hidden lair and successfully sacrifice them in order to gain profit. And do all that without raising heat, getting caught or leaving evidence.

The CR of the commoners is relevant: doing that against a level 1 commoners isn't the same as trying to do that with giants, troll, or high-level characters.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Banned

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Or one of the "commoners" turns out to be a Vigilante with the social identity being the commoner.
    Now I want to make a batman superhero named "The Commoner".

"What can I use as a symbol? What strikes fear in the hearts of men?"

*1/4 cr farmer comes crashing through the window. Dies immediately from a shard of broken glass*

"Of course! I shall be.... the Commoner!"

30. - Top - End - #30

RogueGuy

Ohhh, .. use a Housecat symbol for his signal.