New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heart-Soul-Memory-(A-HSHC-game)-IC

"Not wanting things - losing them."
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Subsist? Not thrive. Ophelia teased.
    The only one who is thriving in moy sad is me, dorogoy. Yulianna replied.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Tachi smiles and laughs. "Look all you like dear. That's what I'm here for. Eye candy."

The incubus helps the sorceress and her attendant pick their way across the sand to the newly created tropical oasis.

"I would have thought you would have preferred a sun block spell. Most mages of your power prefer to keep their hands free."

He sits down beside her. Only to be nearly bowled over by the arrival of a flying fish tail. He goggles slightly as the mer girl introduces herself. One of those mermaids... Blessings A quick mental adjustment allows him to keep The Deep Speech from affecting him.

"Well, greetings to you Emerald Maiden. My name is Tachi."
    Emma looked up at Taichi, and gasped, "Oh, you poor thing! You forgot your sunblock, didn't you?"

She gestured towards the oasis and pulled her tail back as much as she could to make room, "Here, get in the water, it'll help you feel better."

Quote Originally Posted by 7th son of sons View Post
    Oh, zamechatel'no, Yulianna bemoaned coldly. Not only am I now sharing moy ray with the Emerald Mermaiden, but now I am also seeing the Tachi as well. Are these not the happiest of the day?
    "It is for me!" Emma said with a smile, "I'm finally going to have some friends at school!"

The names would help, but it's not much of a ritual, what does the necklace look like? Ophelia asks.
    "Like I said, they may not even have it yet," Emma said, "But if they did, it would look kinda like... Well, a silhouette of me, really."

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Emma looked up at Taichi, and gasped, "Oh, you poor thing! You forgot your sunblock, didn't you?"

She gestured towards the oasis and pulled her tail back as much as she could to make room, "Here, get in the water, it'll help you feel better."
    Tachi tilted his head at the mermaid. Why would I need ... The penny dropped. His tail was tucked away from her, his horns had lost themselves in his hair thanks to the wind. He almost giggled. She thinks I'm mortal!

He eases gingerly into the water, careful to keep his own tail out of her sight. This conveniently brought him closer to the pinned Ophelia. "Emma, you truly are a goddess. My tortured skin thanks you for relief."

"It is for me!" Emma said with a smile, "I'm finally going to have some friends at school!"
    Tachi smiles at the mergirl. "How delightful for you then. We look forward to your presence."
    Last edited by Meriss; 2016-08-28 at 05:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Not wanting things - losing them."
    But.... still. What about say friendships. You can lose friendships due to inaction, because hey you're going to lose them anyway why bother, a lot swifter then they would normally end. Ophelia replies sitting next to you.

The only one who is thriving in moy sad is me, dorogoy. Yulianna replied.
    I feel like I'm thriving.... Ophelia replies.

"Like I said, they may not even have it yet," Emma said, "But if they did, it would look kinda like... Well, a silhouette of me, really."
    Got that? Ophelia asks a nearby doll that starts to move on it's own, with a nod, and standing on it's own two feet.

She'll be back shortly. She tells you, as the doll leaves the nearby oasis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Good for you, Mermaiden. Why do you not go and spend time with them, then?

I feel like I'm thriving.... Ophelia replies.
    Dorogoy, that is because you are as the day lily. I am not doubting you could thrive wherever you are planted.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Titan in the Playground

"You're still not understanding. You don't just give up on anything because life is ever changing. You just don't allow it to matter to you. Suffering is nothing but a neurochemical response in the brain, brought on by wanting the impossible."

Show

8. - Top - End - #818

Dorogoy, that is because you are as the day lily. I am not doubting you could thrive wherever you are planted.
    She means us! Ophelia mouthed to Yulianna.

"You're still not understanding. You don't just give up on anything because life is ever changing. You just don't allow it to matter to you. Suffering is nothing but a neurochemical response in the brain, brought on by wanting the impossible."
    I thought you'd be the first person to argue you can't fight biology. Ophelia replies surprised.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

She means us! Ophelia mouthed to Yulianna.

I thought you'd be the first person to argue you can't fight biology. Ophelia replies surprised.
    "You can't, but you can work around it."

Show

10. - Top - End - #820

"You can't, but you can work around it."
    And how do you work around that? Ophelia asked.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Tachi tilted his head at the mermaid. Why would I need ... The penny dropped. His tail was tucked away from her, his horns had lost themselves in his hair thanks to the wind. He almost giggled. She thinks I'm mortal!

He eases gingerly into the water, careful to keep his own tail out of her sight. This conveniently brought him closer to the pinned Ophelia. "Emma, you truly are a goddess. My tortured skin thanks you for relief."
    "It's what I do," she said with a smile, "I could try healing you with magic too if you want, but I have to admit I've never dealt with a burn quite that big before, so it might end up making you look... Well, splotchy."

Got that? Ophelia asks a nearby doll that starts to move on it's own, with a nod, and standing on it's own two feet.

She'll be back shortly. She tells you, as the doll leaves the nearby oasis.
    "Oh, that's what you meant!" She says, watching the doll leave, "That's pretty cool! Should have known acolytes of the Earth Mother could make golems. Only makes sense, after all."

"That's what I'm doing now, silly!" She said, cuddling into Ophelia some more.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Titan in the Playground

And how do you work around that? Ophelia asked.
    "You teach yourself to disconnect, emotionally, from things that can cause you pain by their loss. Enjoy them while they last."

Show

13. - Top - End - #823

"It's what I do," she said with a smile, "I could try healing you with magic too if you want, but I have to admit I've never dealt with a burn quite that big before, so it might end up making you look... Well, splotchy."

"Oh, that's what you meant!" She says, watching the doll leave, "That's pretty cool! Should have known acolytes of the Earth Mother could make golems. Only makes sense, after all."

I'm not a priest. I'm a sorceress. Ophelia replies.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm not a priest. I'm a sorceress. Ophelia replies.
    "Oh, really? That's pretty cool. I never met a sorceress before."

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oh, fantastika, Yulianna replied with Stone Cold Sarcasm. Exactly what I was needing in my life. A mermaid "goddess" intruding into my life, inviting a... Tachi into my waters, and proclaiming us friends. Have I won the united states lottery?

16. - Top - End - #826

"Oh, really? That's pretty cool. I never met a sorceress before."
    Well I've never been this close to a mermaid before. Ophelia replies before getting startled by gasps.

"What is she doing to you! Emerald maiden!" Natalie shouts out.

Oh, fantastika, Yulianna replied with Stone Cold Sarcasm. Exactly what I was needing in my life. A mermaid "goddess" intruding into my life, inviting a... Tachi into my waters, and proclaiming us friends. Have I won the united states lottery?
    Nah, if you did you'd be richer. Ophelia points out.

17. - Top - End - #827

"You teach yourself to disconnect, emotionally, from things that can cause you pain by their loss. Enjoy them while they last."
    That seems dangerous on different levels. Ophelia comments.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

That seems dangerous on different levels. Ophelia comments.
    "Why? No harm results from acceptance of the unfairness of the universe."

Show

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Well I've never been this close to a mermaid before. Ophelia replies before getting startled by gasps.

Nah, if you did you'd be richer. Ophelia points out.
    When it is as easy to grow diamonds as it is corn, there is hardly a 'richer', dorogoy, Yulianna replied before turning to the startled woman. Blin udachi, will the wonders never be ceasing? Another uninvited guest. Do come, girl, enjoy my plants and take up space in my waters. It is not as though they have much use to me now...

20. - Top - End - #830

"Why? No harm results from acceptance of the unfairness of the universe."
    Well don't serial killers detach though. Ophelia brings up.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Does your goddess not approve of charity to the injured?" Emma asked with a frown, "I should talk to her about that whenever she gets back here."

"You found me!" Emma cheered, "Don't worry: Ophelia here is just letting me relax on her."

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Does your goddess not approve of charity to the injured?" Emma asked with a frown, "I should talk to her about that whenever she gets back here."
    Charity of the injured is one facet of druidism I fully stand with. Healing isn't a spetsial'nost' for myself, but I am capable of the doing of it. But Tachi is not injured, Mermaiden. He is a demon. No doubt ocharovannyy with your appearance or scent or chto by eto ni bylo that lets him find the attractive females.

23. - Top - End - #833

"You found me!" Emma cheered, "Don't worry: Ophelia here is just letting me relax on her."
    "That's... Scandalous. Your holiness." Natalie replies. "However if you wish it, we bow to them, and hope that this Ophelia realizes just how lucky she is." She adds. To Ophelia's confused expression.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Well don't serial killers detach though. Ophelia brings up.
    "Hasty generalization and association fallacy. Disconnection does not inherently lead to the conclusion of killing others for non-defensive purposes," Athena responds, as though reciting a definition.

Show

25. - Top - End - #835
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Charity of the injured is one facet of druidism I fully stand with. Healing isn't a spetsial'nost' for myself, but I am capable of the doing of it. But Tachi is not injured, Mermaiden. He is a demon. No doubt ocharovannyy with your appearance or scent or chto by eto ni bylo that lets him find the attractive females.
    "The what?" She asks, the Russian completely losing her, "Only part I got out of all that was that he was a demon."

"Uh, I guess I'm sorry for saying you have a sunburn then," she adds to Tachi, looking a bit uncomfortable.

"That's... Scandalous. Your holiness." Natalie replies. "However if you wish it, we bow to them, and hope that this Ophelia realizes just how lucky she is." She adds. To Ophelia's confused expression.
    "It is?" Emma asked with a frown, lifting her head from Ophelia for the first time since she entered the pool, "I mean, I suppose you have a point... But we weren't doing anything un-chaste. I promise"

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"The what?" She asks, the Russian completely losing her, "Only part I got out of all that was that he was a demon."

"Uh, I guess I'm sorry for saying you have a sunburn then," she adds to Tachi, looking a bit uncomfortable.
    Just a warning in fairness that Tachi is, by admission, a creature of lust.

27. - Top - End - #837

"Hasty generalization and association fallacy. Disconnection does not inherently lead to the conclusion of killing others for non-defensive purposes," Athena responds, as though reciting a definition.
    Sure, but doesn't it lead to a higher risk. Ophelia replies.

"It is?" Emma asked with a frown, lifting her head from Ophelia for the first time since she entered the pool, "I mean, I suppose you have a point... But we weren't doing anything un-chaste. I promise"
    "But you are using her chest for a pillow." Natalie protests. "Unless that is supposed to be the will of the Emerald maiden."

28. - Top - End - #838
    Titan in the Playground

"In aggressive individuals who do it to avoid guilt, sure, but serial killers also are more frequently male. You can't look at one factor while ignoring others."

Show

29. - Top - End - #839

"In aggressive individuals who do it to avoid guilt, sure, but serial killers also are more frequently male. You can't look at one factor while ignoring others."
    Well are their differences between the genders in serial killing? Ophelia replied.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Titan in the Playground

"As in the types of killings? Women tend to kill spouses or family, as opposed to strangers, and it tends to be more subtle. But it's not just emotional removal, it's often the other traits associated with psychopathy."

Show