New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IC - The Return

1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: IC - The Return

Quote Originally Posted by arkangel111 View Post
    Clearly the laundry is confused. What era do these sock people come from anyways? Did elves mate with a shirt to produce these creatures? It would certainly explain the things confusion. These are the thoughts that flash through his mind as he considers his next action.
    He looks toward the fortress in the distance and back to the arguing wizards. Its better to be far from wizards when they are angry. He takes off at an easy lope towards the fortress, giving the wizards a wide berth, hoping it will give him clues to why the gods granted him a new life.
    You're a dog, do you have telepathy? Please at least limit messages to simple one word ideas. You chose to play a dog. Play a dog.

A bard in the short distance begins attempting to put together a song, "All the valiant of yesteryear, have been reborn today. Heeding the horn that sounds the call, they've risen from the grave... no... too morbid." He shakes his head and mumbles quietly to himself, head tucked down as he continues his slow but steady pace towards the fortress.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2016-06-05 at 07:28 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    You're a dog, do you have telepathy? Please at least limit messages to simple one word ideas. You chose to play a dog. Play a dog.

A bard in the short distance begins attempting to put together a song, "All the valiant of yesteryear, have been reborn today. Heeding the horn that sounds the call, they've risen from the grave... no... too morbid." He shakes his head and mumbles quietly to himself, head tucked down as he continues his slow but steady pace towards the fortress.
    Iris, as fast in this form as she was in life, is beside him.
    "Morbid is appropriate. Don't censor your work, and certainly don't downplay our loss."

She brushes a few last buttons from her eyes, determined to put on a strong face. The world saw her break once. It will not again.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    If you're sad, I'm doing something right
    Last edited by cecil1994; 2016-06-05 at 10:30 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"Ah, no great courtesy even between my own kind, it must be a sign of things to come where the last Age has been a disaster lacking in faith and honour. Well, maybe I can teach by example? And the largest part of these people are heading for that great pile of stone there." So saying Jal makes his way to the fortress.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

seeing the argument has been resolved and the crowd seems to all be headed for the fortress, Stroud will continue towards the fortress as well.

5. - Top - End - #35

As each of you reach the fortress, it appears even worse from a near distance. Ive has embedded itself between the stone and gradually pushed them out of alignment, making even walking nearby hazardous.

Anything that once was doubtlessly a solid wooden structure has rotted, and appears ready to collapse at the first sign of a sneeze.

Yes people mill about, it appears to have actually been a fortification surrounding a town, what might have happened here... is apparently a battle, a weapon scoring marks stone and ancient wood alike, holes mar the ground as though explosions had occurred, and the skeletal remains of those that once appeared to live here dot the ground.

Yet people move in and out of the buildings, attempting repairs. It could have been nearly any city from the age of gods onwards from it's design, and layout. Near the gate rests what appears to have at one time been a tavern, or an inn. A stable long since collapsed rests upon the ground behind it.

The guard house, built into the interior of the wall just within the gate has crumbled, and filled the blocks from above.

The streets, once having had a good paving of cobble is pocked an uneven...

Noise of directed and concerted efforts comes from nearer the center of the once thriving city. People leave with various mismatching axes and a cart thrown together in haste, apparently to gather wood...

Druids trail them, wizards and sorcerers have begun repairing doors and tables, or repairing the stoneworks using simple magics and summoned elementals.

A flurry of activity... like a riled nest of Formians.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Iris hops down the shattered streets. She stops a nearby nerd (sorry, wizard) and asks:

"Um... sir? What am I?"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Dogg makes his way to the central area. Careful to keep out of anyone's way. Trying to get a feel for what is truly going on. This city is in shambles and yet someone seems to know what to do. Maybe they'll know why we're here too. "I doubt the cosmos opened a rift in time just to have us fix a broken city" He mumbles to himself as he makes his way through the bustling people.
    Iron chef accomplishments
    Czar Hail tied for 2nd

Games I'm in
    Amonkhet: Trials of the Gods

Awesome avatar by Linklele! - currently seeking new avatar!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Jal muses as he makes his way to the centre of activity, "Building a home where we can be found by those who might look to us for teaching? Seems a fine idea, though I'm sure these belligerent warlords will want to find us for other reasons. I'm no shaper of stone or hewer of wood so I had better find another role though; perhaps these people need scouts to tell them what's about here?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Stroud seeing several others including a vary large animal rush towards the fortress will pick up the pace as well following, all the while trying to make sense of things

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Gloria heads to what appears to have been the tavern, and tries to judge if it might be salvageable. If so she will introduce herself and assist in the repairs, hoping to thereby claim a stake in the once and future tavern.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by cecil1994 View Post
    Iris hops down the shattered streets. She stops a nearby nerd (sorry, wizard) and asks:

"Um... sir? What am I?"
    The nerd pushes his glasses up his nose, pulls on his suspenders, and speaks in a very annoying voice after looking you up, down in and out for a while. "Well, I would say you're a ragamoffin, except that you do not appear to have a host. So... definitely some type of magical or spiritual construct."

Quote Originally Posted by avr View Post
    Jal muses as he makes his way to the centre of activity, "Building a home where we can be found by those who might look to us for teaching? Seems a fine idea, though I'm sure these belligerent warlords will want to find us for other reasons. I'm no shaper of stone or hewer of wood so I had better find another role though; perhaps these people need scouts to tell them what's about here?"
    People are giving you wierd looks for talking to yourself. The only people, after all, that both talk to themselves and answer, are mad. One Anarliar hears you and starts ranting in your direction.

"Building a centralized location where resources can be stored. Where retreat may be made. Where operations such as they may be may be staged (initialized). Where people can lay their heads without worrying about bandits or animals or monsters?" He then turns to talk to a dog nearby, grumbling to it's self.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    Stroud seeing several others including a vary large animal rush towards the fortress will pick up the pace as well following, all the while trying to make sense of things
    Since you decided not to have reached the town walls yet:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you reach the fortress, it appears even worse from a near distance. Ivy has embedded itself between the stone and gradually pushed them out of alignment, though it does not appear to be dangerous, as the blocks are cleaned and placed back in their proper positions.

Almost anything that once was doubtlessly a solid wooden structure has rotted, and appears ready to collapse at the first sign of a sneeze.

Yet people mill about, it appears to have actually been a fortification surrounding a town, what might have happened here... is apparently a battle, a weapon scoring marks stone and ancient wood alike, holes mar the ground as though explosions had occurred.

Yet people move between the buildings, attempting repairs. It could have been nearly any city from the age of gods onward from it's design, and layout. Near the gate rests what appears to have at one time been a tavern, or an inn. A stable ready to collapse can be found behind it.

The guard house, built into the interior of the wall just within the gate has crumbled.

The streets, once having had good cobble stone paving is slightly uneven...

Noise of directed and concerted efforts comes from nearer the center of the once thriving city. People enter with various mismatching axes and a cart thrown together in haste, apparently having just gathered wood...

Druids trail them, wizards and sorcerers have been repairing doors and tables, or repairing the stoneworks using simple magics and summoned elementals.

A flurry of activity... like a riled nest of Formians.

Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    Gloria heads to what appears to have been the tavern, and tries to judge if it might be salvageable. If so she will introduce herself and assist in the repairs, hoping to thereby claim a stake in the once and future tavern.
    They have you move things around, fetch supplies, and deliver messages.

Dogg makes his way to the central area. Careful to keep out of anyone's way. Trying to get a feel for what is truly going on. This city is in shambles and yet someone seems to know what to do. Maybe they'll know why we're here too. "I doubt the cosmos opened a rift in time just to have us fix a broken city" He mumbles to himself as he makes his way through the bustling people.
    An old man standing nearby rebukes you, "Well, I hardly see why you think your opinion counts. We have many of the greatest minds in history here, how about leaving the decision making to them, and your opinions to yourself?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

The nerd pushes his glasses up his nose, pulls on his suspenders, and speaks in a very annoying voice after looking you up, down in and out for a while. "Well, I would say you're a ragamoffin, except that you do not appear to have a host. So... definitely some type of magical or spiritual construct."
    Show
    That's a sexy nerd. Also, knowledge Arcana to see if I know what I am: (1d20+15)[20]

Iris nods in an appreciatory and, frankly, confused manner. She heads off to assist in rebuilding in any way she can, hopping with strands of cloth dangling behind her.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Stroud goes to the tavern looking for a drink and answers he hopes

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by cecil1994 View Post
    Show
    That's a sexy nerd. Also, knowledge Arcana to see if I know what I am: [roll0]

Iris nods in an appreciatory and, frankly, confused manner. She heads off to assist in rebuilding in any way she can, hopping with strands of cloth dangling behind her.
    She is rather certain she is a spiritual construct, as well as some form of ragomoffyn.

Spoiler
    Show
    5 points higher on the check and she would recognize her body as some strange form of phylactery...

Stroud goes to the tavern looking for a drink and answers he hopes
    Stroud finds the inside of the tavern being restored with Mending spells, and the like. a dwarf already sits behind the bar with three casks of some kind of drink, though what is in them, and if you wish to risk it is your choice.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2016-06-11 at 09:29 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

People are giving you wierd looks for talking to yourself. The only people, after all, that both talk to themselves and answer, are mad. One Anarliar hears you and starts ranting in your direction.

"Building a centralized location where resources can be stored. Where retreat may be made. Where operations such as they may be may be staged (initialized). Where people can lay their heads without worrying about bandits or animals or monsters?" He then turns to talk to a dog nearby, grumbling to it's self.
    Jal answers back deferentially but firmly, "Well then, best to know whats out there so the defences can be arranged accordingly. Who'd be organising that, honoured Archmage?"

16. - Top - End - #46

"So, when setting a camp, and fortifying it, I suppose your suggestion would be to put effort into scouting, rather than building a perimeter wall? The scouting is being taken care of... mostly. Though for now it is only close range. Our primary concern at the moment is defensibility. We have found goblins constructing a lair a few miles hence. They've wargs. The walls are quite important for the moment."
    He shakes his head and goes back to repairing stonework with simple spells.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Stroud, looking around the tavern at the work being done
    Spoiler: checks
    Show

checks to see if he notices Gloria, if he does he will go over and introduce himself...

Diplomacy +9 (1d20+9)[28]
    Perception +10 (1d20+10)[18]
    sense motive +9 (1d20+9)[25]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

A slim elven woman sees the big goliath watching her as she returns to the 'tavern'. She walks over to him, stroking a black cat.

"Hello. I'm Gloria Durant. Where and .. when ... are you from?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

A slim elven woman sees the big goliath watching her as she returns to the 'tavern'. She walks over to him, stroking a black cat.

"Hello. I'm Gloria Durant. Where and .. when ... are you from?"
    Stroud Ironborn, From! I am from the mountains, when is a good question that does not have an easy answer though. Do you have any ideas about what is going on around here short of the repairs that seem to be taking place everywhere?
    Last edited by samduke; 2016-06-12 at 06:55 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

"Just seems odd to me that everyone is preparing the place for defense. Yet, what is the place and why are we here? What are we defending from?" Dogg replies to the old man. Staying near him to check his reply.
    Last edited by arkangel111; 2016-06-12 at 07:57 PM.
    Czar Hail tied for 2nd

Games I'm in

21. - Top - End - #51

"Just seems odd to me that everyone is preparing the place for defense. Yet, what is the place and why are we here? What are we defending from?" Dogg replies to the old man. Staying near him to check his reply.
    "When in enemy territory, the best course of action is always to secure a location of relative safety. This way if or when a threat appears, defensive action may be taken. If, hypothetically, a monster were to come upon you in the field, would you rather have strong stone walls, or be entirely in the open? Additionally, if the modern world should decide our presence is less than desirable, is it not also better to have a fortified area in which to shelter against obliteration?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

22. - Top - End - #52

"ARE we in enemy territory? and for the record I'D rather be in the open, not huddled in a corner waiting to die." Dogg says matter of factly. "Besides, building is clearly not an option for me. I'll have to find something more productive to do with my skills."
    Czar Hail tied for 2nd

Games I'm in

23. - Top - End - #53

"ARE we in enemy territory? and for the record I'D rather be in the open, not huddled in a corner waiting to die." Dogg says matter of factly. "Besides, building is clearly not an option for me. I'll have to find something more productive to do with my skills."
    "Then why are you here? Your actions and choices are at odds. Though, in fact, I'm certain building would work, you could assist in carrying loads, assist someone of shorter stature in moving about, assist us with scouting, foraging, or hunting... There are many things that need to be done. We need to locate the nearest settlements and attempt negotiations for basic supplies, such as seeds, animal stock, furniture, equipment... Magic may be capable of restoring an object, but an object repaired by magic is never truly as good as an object freshly made."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

24. - Top - End - #54

"Who has placed themself in charge then? Scouting sounds like something I could do." Dogg eagerly awaits his reply before taking off looking for the individual.
    Czar Hail tied for 2nd

Games I'm in

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Stroud Ironborn, From! I am from the mountains, when is a good question that does not have an easy answer though. Do you have any ideas about what is going on around here short of the repairs that seem to be taking place everywhere?
    Gloria replies "Nice to meet you. Aside from people being gathered here somehow from different time periods, I have no idea what's going on, and no one else seems to either. My only guess is that the gods are toying with us. The real question is, what should we do? On that my guess is, try to make a living here. What do you think of that?"

26. - Top - End - #56

"Who has placed themself in charge then? Scouting sounds like something I could do." Dogg eagerly awaits his reply before taking off looking for the individual.
    "I believe the individual responsible for the initial organization is currently staking claim on the remains of the Inn nearest the Castle's Gatehouse." He points off in the direction of the establishment soon to be known of as 'The Delirious Dwarf'.

Gloria replies "Nice to meet you. Aside from people being gathered here somehow from different time periods, I have no idea what's going on, and no one else seems to either. My only guess is that the gods are toying with us. The real question is, what should we do? On that my guess is, try to make a living here. What do you think of that?"
    I'm sorry to say, that that player, which should have stated their departure in the OOC has informed me in PM that a crises has occurred irl, that will take them from the game for a while.

In lieu of Stroud, meet the Dwarf that was sitting behind the bar:

An unusually well kempt Dwarf, whom you had seen sitting behind the bar earlier makes his way outside with what appears to be the seat portion of a bar stool, a small chisel, and some charcoal. He begins making a sign for the Inn... A crudely drawn dwarf's smiling face. The outline has such a smile as no self-respecting Dwarf would ever show in public.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

To his shame, Grivoult had panicked and run at the sight of the approaching wall, and spent quite some time after calming his racing heart. Though he be far from cowardly, a green dragon's breath is not at all a pleasant way for one's life to end.

Spotting the hustle and bustle about the ruins from a distance through the magical eye lenses he wears, he begins making his way over. Though interested in answers, he suspects he knows why he lives again.

"And perhaps I shall die two score times more before I may die for myself."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

"And that is all I wished to know. Come now Master Four-footed Diplomat and we shall see what the tavern holds." Jal reenters the conversation briefly.

Within the tavern he negotiates for a drink before making enquiries. "How far out have others seen and there was some mention of goblins - are they the returned dead also, do you know?"

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by avr View Post
    "And that is all I wished to know. Come now Master Four-footed Diplomat and we shall see what the tavern holds." Jal reenters the conversation briefly.

Within the tavern he negotiates for a drink before making enquiries. "How far out have others seen and there was some mention of goblins - are they the returned dead also, do you know?"
    The tavern has apparently begun to fill with 'patrons'. It feels like a homecoming for those of you that has such things (Age of Dragons, or The Gloom excluded) as it apparently does also for many of this within, with quite a few of the faces bearing an odd expression, a mixture of emotions, happiness or satisfaction and deep regret or sadness.

The Dwarf who appears to be the 'owner' of the establishment is outside carving a sign when you arrive.

"Could be... could be. Or they might be typical goblins, want to go ask them if they're friendly?" He grins as though the question were a ridiculous one that no one should ever say yes to.

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronity View Post
    To his shame, Grivoult had panicked and run at the sight of the approaching wall, and spent quite some time after calming his racing heart. Though he be far from cowardly, a green dragon's breath is not at all a pleasant way for one's life to end.

Spotting the hustle and bustle about the ruins from a distance through the magical eye lenses he wears, he begins making his way over. Though interested in answers, he suspects he knows why he lives again.

"And perhaps I shall die two score times more before I may die for myself."
    A large group of people come out and begin preparing the fields with what little sunlight remains, you doubt they will accomplish much.

Off to the left (from your perspective) is a small forest, in the distance you think you see the shadows of mountains, though it may be clouds.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2016-06-14 at 07:26 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

30. - Top - End - #60
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

A large group of people come out and begin preparing the fields with what little sunlight remains, you doubt they will accomplish much.

Off to the left (from your perspective) is a small forest, in the distance you think you see the shadows of mountains, though it may be clouds.
    Grivoult continues towards the crowd. He had seen some very strange types before, not unlike him, and even if they prove unwelcoming he could likely win them over. Though not afraid of a little hard work, he hopes they will give him some much-needed answers before they give him a spade.