New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Rappan Athuk - Pathfinder Gestalt Thread IC

Trogdor pauses as the old man startles him from his reaction. "Well from that hollering our friend knows something dangerous lurks in here. I was just going to see what these things held. With all the undead lurking around here I did not want to hold up in here with something hiding in these tombs. Marek what are you so scared of?" He gestures to the tomb with his crowbar. "What is inside these things? If you do not tell me I will find out for myself!"
    Last edited by Hectichermit; 2016-09-08 at 02:14 AM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamoq slowly puts down his empty bowl then just sighs heavily. He thinks that the problem is the lack of warrens for some folk where being a jerk and demanding things gets you nowhere. He composes himself before he says "If you're going to be a grave robber them go outside and do it. They wouldn't put just anyone in a tomb. So we'll leave them sealed and keep an eye out for danger, like you are already going to do from your actions so far" as casually as he can, although the antagonizing is obviously annoying him a bit.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

"Trogdor," Anzor said, "there are dangerous things lurking in every inch of this place, if you poke at every one of them you'll kill us all. Just leave it alone. Be glad that whatever does or doesn't lurk within these tombs is staying put."

Very much not wanting to antagonize Marek and not wanting to expose them to unnecessary danger, Anzor takes a few steps toward Trogdor. While his slight frame and short stature aren't especially intimidating, he does walk purposefully toward Trogdor suggesting he may attempt to stop him physically if he continues.

"Put the crowbar away," he growled.
    Want to test your mettle in the Irorium Arena? Always accepting new gladiators!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Trogdor opens the tomb

Spoiler: Actions/OOC
    Show

Strength Check:
    (1d20+6)[16]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Anzor scowls as he sees the tiefling moving toward the tomb. "No good tiefling causing trouble, endangering the whole group," he thought.

For his protection, and all of theirs, he extends his hand and quickly casts daze on Trogdor since multiple verbal warnings had gone unheeded. "We said stop!" he exclaimed.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Ugh, sorry to intervene like this, but I think the sense of the group was otherwise clear. Will save DC of 14.

Anzor casts daze on Trogdor.

Last edited by OzzyKP; 2016-09-08 at 02:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Surprise Round

Marek witnesses the grave desecration with two eyes that are clear with a furious purpose, and as the crowbar bites into the stone the tiefling feels more than physical eyes upon him, and hears the haggard man spit out a word.

A single, hateful, malevolent word. It rings plenty long enough that everyone can hear it.

The crack that tells of a forcibly open grave follows behind it as an exclamation point.

Behind that, right after, there comes a furious squeaking of a score of voices: all around from every tomb explodes a small group of rats, and though they rapidly converge to surround Trogdor's form that is only a small group compared to the horde awaiting on the lids if the graves. You caan see red gleaming eyes everywhere except by the doorway or by Marek's fire.

"Grave defiling's a capital offense, ya filth!" Marek calls with gleeful yet also hateful voice. "Enjoy yer reward!" You can see Marek too has a blade out, most likely at the eruption of the violence.

Round 1
    Initiatives known:
    Tamoq 34
    Flip/Kip? 25
    Nino 23
    Marek: 22
    Trogdor: 17
    Rats 16
    Lise 16
    Anzor 15
    Kip 2

Violations of initiative order will carry consequence.

Last edited by Ruess; 2016-09-09 at 02:27 PM.
    This is my Important Voice For Important Things

This is My Caustic/Sarcastic Voice.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamoq calls out "****! If we stop the fool, can we stay?" Even as he speaks he pulls out a glass vial, giving it a couple of shakes as it starts to bubble. A second later and he lobs it towards the tomb to the left of the tiefling in question, aiming it for one of the rats. As the explosive flies he adds with true sorrow "Sorry about this, explosives are indiscriminate" to the rats a couple of seconds before the vial smashes into one of his brethren and explodes in a shrapnel of glass and fire.
    Spoiler: BOMB THROW!
    Show
    Standard: Chuck Bomb at Rat.
    Attack (vs touch): (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage to specific rat (if I had hit): (2d6+4)[7]

Crit: (1d20+9)[12]
    CDamage: (2d6+4)[9]

Miss Drift: (1d8)[2] 1 square.

In addition everyone around the bomb (in the red square) takes 6 fire damage, DC 16 for half damage. Also it's a Glassfoot Bomb so:
    Benefit: When the alchemist creates a bomb, he can choose to have it cover the ground in volatile jagged crystals in addition to its normal effects. These crystals act like caltrops, evaporating into a smelly but harmless gas in (2d6)[5] rounds.
    Each time a creature moves into an area covered by caltrops (or spends a round fighting while standing in such an area), it runs the risk of stepping on one. Make an attack roll for the caltrops (base attack bonus +0) against the creature. For this attack, the creature's shield, armor, and deflection bonuses do not count. If the creature is wearing shoes or other footwear, it gets a +2 armor bonus to AC. If the attack succeeds, the creature has stepped on a caltrop. The caltrop deals 1 point of damage, and the creature's speed is reduced by half because its foot is wounded. This movement penalty lasts for 24 hours, until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical healing. A charging or running creature must immediately stop if it steps on a caltrop. Any creature moving at half speed or slower can pick its way through a bed of caltrops with no trouble.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2016-09-09 at 03:05 PM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

8. - Top - End - #248

AssassinGuy

The bomb not only files off-course but lands entirely amid the rats threatening from the southern tombs. It detonates with a caustic boom of sound before filling the ground with the tinkling of glass signaling the creation of crystalline caltrops all over the ground.

Marek winces visibly at the fiery mess and glares at the engineer. "That's your one free mistake, takethat burglar down and we'll talk!" the man shouts in reply, wincing at the squeaking cries of pain from the injured rats, the wounded ones now leering at the alchemist precisely, except for the one gnawing at Trogdor's heels already.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Kipler curses. He knew this was going to happen - he just knew it! He takes a step back, out of the doorway, and aims his crossbow at the tomb-dweller's head. "Stand down, all of you!" He shouts, speaking to both Marek and the rats. "I'd really rather not have to kill anyone today, but I will if I have to!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy: (1d20+1)[18]. (Note: an additional +2 against the rats.)
    He's taking a five-foot step back and readying an action to shoot Marek if he continues the attack, doesn't call off his rats, or attempts to duck for cover.
    Wasing not of wasing is.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Nino takes a step back and away from the action, to assess the situation and because someone shouted that everyone stood down, even so, he was going to try to make sure none of the nibblenawers were gonna nibblegnaw on his feets.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

11. - Top - End - #251

AssassinGuy

Marek takes a moment to eye the entire group before snarling and pointing a finger at Trogdor. "You take him down, and we'll talk!" he shouts in response before looking at Malise. "Lady Malise, please!"

Marek's actions:
    Free Action to speak on his own initiative
    Delaying one point of initiative to see what the two who spoke will do.

Initiatives known:
    Tamoq 34
    Kipler Flip delaying
    Nino delaying
    Marek: 21 (delaying)
    Rats 16
    Lise 16
    Anzor 15
    Solitaire
    Kalleus 2

Last edited by Ruess; 2016-09-11 at 01:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Savuipd avomb ukquaavavas!"

Trogdor takes a deep breath and a moment later a cloud of ash spews forth from his mouth enveloping all around him, he shifts towards the door and draws his shield

Show

Translation "Stuipd tomb squatter!"

Ash Cloud (Su): 10-foot-radius cloud of ash, which functions as an obscuring mist spell, except you(Trogdor) can see through it clearly. 4 rounds

5-foot step, while stepping draw a shield as a free action

Last edited by Hectichermit; 2016-09-11 at 09:47 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253

PaladinGuy

Kipler curses as the area fills with smoke. "Idiot," he hisses, trying to peer through the haze.
    He resolves to have words with Trogdor when this is over.
    Wasing not of wasing is.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Trogdor spouts "ve nalt tok! nalt tok!"

Show

Translation: "To the high ground! high ground!"

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Anzor feels helpless watching this confused disaster unfold before him. Rappan Athuk was a place fraught with dangers, and this fool was creating new ones. If there were still time to neutralize this situation before it irrevocably spun out of control, Anzor would try.

"Trogdor does not act nor speak on behalf of the rest of us. We can't let his erratic and hostile behavior endanger us all. My fellows, stop him while we still can."

16. - Top - End - #256

PaladinGuy

Kipler's head turns towards Anzor's voice. He makes a violent gesture with his free hand. "You expect us to give in to this guy? He's talking to the rats, you know - speaking their language. The coffins are probably full his past victims!"
    Wasing not of wasing is.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamoq gives Kipler just the longest look he can, letting it be known full well that he is in fact a walking, talking rat.
    New job, who dis?

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

"Give in?" Anzor asked incredulously, "He was here first, having a nice quiet meal and we all busted in. He welcomed us in, offered us food, made friendly small talk and Trogdor started breaking stuff. Where I come from it is expected to show respect to ones host."

He then attempted to calm down the tensions and present other options, "If you don't trust him, that's fine, but then by all means we should leave him in peace and find another place to find shelter. I see no evil in this man and no more reason to distrust him than I have to distrust Trogdor. In any event we shouldn't be fighting him, his rat friends, or each other."

19. - Top - End - #259

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OzzyKP View Post
    "Give in?" Anzor asked incredulously, "He was here first, having a nice quiet meal and we all busted in. He welcomed us in, offered us food, made friendly small talk and Trogdor started breaking stuff. Where I come from it is expected to show respect to ones host."

He then attempted to calm down the tensions and present other options, "If you don't trust him, that's fine, but then by all means we should leave him in peace and find another place to find shelter. I see no evil in this man and no more reason to distrust him than I have to distrust Trogdor. In any event we shouldn't be fighting him, his rat friends, or each other."
    "Sure, if you buy his story. But in case you haven't noticed, we're in a haunted graveyard, and he's a creepy man living in a crypt. So ask yourself this; what's in those coffins that he doesn't want us to see? And what exactly would've happened if we decided to sleep here?"
    Kipler's lips turn up into a grimace. He doesn't take his eyes - or his crossbow - off of Marek, even through the haze. "I may not have a very high opinion of our resident tomb-robbers intelligence, but that doesn't mean he's wrong."
    Last edited by GreyStormcrow; 2016-09-11 at 11:42 PM.
    Wasing not of wasing is.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

"Trogdor, apologise at once to our host!" Lise hopes that words will calm things down but, in case they don't she glances at Marek and wishes him to sleep, "Marek, please calm down. Nobody here wants to fight."
    Spoiler: Actions and Rolls
    Show
    Activate Slumber Hex on Marek. DC 16 will save or fall asleep. It's a supernatural ability and not a spell so there's no casting involved.
    Move myself and my familiar towards the party.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261

AssassinGuy

Marek takes one final look at the unraveling chaos before he swiftly grabs the heavy pot from the fire and dumps its entirety on the fire. The sizzling from the meal poured on the single light source is the exclamation point that sends darkness once again to fill the tomb. Darkness surrounds you, both in and out of the ash cloud.

Then, the rats swirl in, frenzy and fury and fangs, forms shadows dancing in pitch black darkness. Somewhere like a distant thought you hear the thunder booming across the skies far above.

Spoiler: If you have Darkvision - excluding Tamoq
    Show
    In the cloud of ash you feel amid the heated flakes of ash the constant shifting of creatures all around you, but denied your sight you only glimpse their forms.

Spoiler: If you do not have - and you certainly are in the cloud of ash
    Show

Teeth everywhere, forms around you! Your senses are useless! You need a point of orientation and quickly! Before you are eaten alive!

Spoiler: Trogdor
    Show
    You see it clearly when Marek first pours the meal out into the fire. What a waste of food.

Spoiler: Malise
    Show
    They are all around you! Teeth and fangs all around you everywhere, and your vulpine companion is cowering from omething with utter terror that you feel looming over you larger than life.

Spoiler: Tamoq
    Show
    You see Marek stand there with that same tired look on his face while the rats assail you and your party. He does not meet your gaze

Spoiler: Injuries sustained
    Show

Malise
    +10 Damage
    +Make five fortitude saves

Nino
    Your armor is nicked and you feel a rat swing by but your armor holds you safe

Trogdor
    +2 Damage
    + Make one fortitude save

Anzor
    No damage, but rats are all around you biting on your armor

Kalleus
    No damage

Solitaire
    No damage

Tamoq
    +4 Damage
    + Make two fortitude saves

No illumination is present.
    Trogdor sees with darkvision through the cloud of ash
    Tomaq sees with darkvision and is not in the ash.

Initiatives known:
    Tamoq 34
    Kipler Flip delaying
    Nino delaying
    Lise 16,5
    Rats 16,3
    Marek:16,1
    Anzor 15
    Solitaire
    Kalleus 2

Next up: Anzor

Last edited by Ruess; 2016-09-12 at 02:47 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Nevermind, I'm revising it, see below.

Spoiler: Old Post
    Show
    So much for a friendly place to dry from the rain, Anzor thought. The reckless provoke and the cautious have to pick up the pieces. He felt this battle could have been avoided, but it was too late now. Now they just had to fight for survival.

The ash cloud choked him and he was disgusted by the crawling, writhing rats around him. The nimble halfling stepped back, away from Trogdor and the ash and toward Mareck.

As he danced around the small shapes wriggling around him, he drew his swords and whispered to Gargan, "Protect me, my friend."

The next matter to attend to was the darkness. With a flick of a finger he lit up his sword, a magical torch of light to cast aside the darkness. At the same time he focused on lighting up his rapier he focused on enhancing it, imbuing it with some of his arcane power. He was ready for whatever would come next.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Move: Move to open space
    --As part of move, draw swords
    --Acrobatics to move through threatened square: (1d20+11)[22]
    --Spend Panache on Derring-Do to add (1d6)[1] to Acrobatics (more rolls in OOC if I get a 6)
    Standard action: Cast Light on rapier
    Swift action: Use Arcane Pool to enhance rapier (+1 dmg, +1 attack)
    Last edited by OzzyKP; 2016-09-12 at 10:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Orc in the Playground

Solitaire the Crusader

Appalled by the madness of the situation she'd found herself in, she'd not reacted as quickly as she should have. It had all gone black as pitch, something which had chilled her to the bone. Small toothy forms had bounced off her armour, scrabbling on metal with grasping little claws and foul teeth. Then someone had lit up the darkness with light. Whoever it was she would gladly kiss him, or her. While she was still in muck, she could at least see to an extent. She struggled to keep calm as she lashed out at the half seen rat in the light. It was all too close for her polearm and so she laid about herself with her cestus, settling on the one between their guide and Tamoq, deciding she would move into that space, and so out of the murk if she killed the rat there.

Attack [roll]1d20+7[/roll]
    Damage [roll]1d4+6[/roll]
    Last edited by Sunwolf; 2016-09-12 at 10:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

Attack (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage (1d4+6)[9]

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

So much for a friendly place to dry from the rain, Anzor thought. The reckless provoke and the cautious have to pick up the pieces. He felt this battle could have been avoided, but it was too late now. Now they just had to fight for survival.

The ash cloud choked him and he was disgusted by the crawling, writhing rats around him. With the light from his sword he could still see outside the cloud and targeted the rats out there. He focused on his blade and imbued it with some of his arcane power before stabbing at the nasty rodents who nipped at his heels.

As he sliced away at the rats he whispered to Gargan, "Protect me, my friend."

As soon as one of the rats was dead he moved out of the ash cloud.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Anzor----------
    AC: 22 (10 base, +4 armor, +5 Dexterity, +1 size, +2 Familiar Bodyguard)
    HP: 38 (38 base)

Mainhand Attack (1d20+9)[29] (+4 BAB, +5 DEX, +1 Size, +1 enchanted, -2 two-handed)
    Rapier Damage (1d4+6)[9] (+5 DEX, +1 enchanted)

Offhand Attack (1d20+8)[21] (+4 BAB, +5 DEX, +1 Size, -2 two-handed)
    Kukri Damage (1d3+2)[3] (+2 DEX)

Spoiler: Crit confirm
    Show

Mainhand Crit Confirm:
    Mainhand Attack (1d20+9)[25] (+4 BAB, +5 DEX, +1 Size, +1 enchanted, -2 two-handed)
    Rapier Damage (1d4+6)[8] (+5 DEX, +1 enchanted)

Offhand Crit Confirm:
    Offhand Attack (1d20+8)[22] (+4 BAB, +5 DEX, +1 Size, -2 two-handed)
    Kukri Damage (1d3+2)[5] (+2 DEX)

Swift - Use Arcane Pool to enhance rapier
    Full Attack - Attack the rats just north of Anzor. If the rapier kills, then he uses the kukri on a neighboring rat.
    5 ft step - If he kills one of the rats, he then moves into its square.
    Last edited by OzzyKP; 2016-09-12 at 11:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamoq realizes that such actions are a necessity, seeing as how he did chuck a bomb at the rats in question. Hopefully they'd forgive him in time.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Fortitude Save 1: (1d20+6)[19]
    Fortitude Save 2: (1d20+6)[8]

In case they're needed, the rats did go through some caltrops I think. Here's a few random attack rolls if they're needed.
    Attack 1: (1d20)[16]
    Attack 2: (1d20)[17]
    Attack 3: (1d20)[6]
    Attack 4: (1d20)[9]
    Attack 5: (1d20)[14]

If any of them hit and matter, the rat takes a point of damage and has it's movement cut in half. Not that the movement speed is an issue.
    New job, who dis?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

Kalleus stumbled through the smoke in what he hoped was the right direction. "Bloody fool," he coughed. Things might have been salvaged with Marek but the moment he tipped his pot over the fire, he'd essentially declared against the entire party. First Marek, then the Tiefling. If I don't die in the dark first, he thought bitterly.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Ruess View Post
    You may declare your plans, but I shall handle the mechanics thereof, including movement and your chance of getting lost. I will provide a summary of your present status for your IC reasons.
    What is the actual status of the lighting in here? Kalleus will try to defensive-cast Dancing Lights if he still can't see. If he can see, he will cast Shield, defensively if necessary.

28. - Top - End - #268

AssassinGuy

Solitaire’s strike falters. She can only guess whether it missed entirely or the rat dodged, but she merely gauges the floor with her attempted attack. However, when the light blooms it illuminates the ash enough to confirm that she is surrounded - but she also has allies where she recalls them standing, and a single rat she sees outside the cloud of ash.

Anzor turns the sizeable rat to neat pieces on the floor before pressing the advantage out of the cloud. Ash lingers heavy on his wet garb, sticking to it in a layer of grey, and the rats are around him still, but at least he sees them clearly. Platt the scorpion clicks affirmative and crawls down to Anzor’s back where the scorpion prepares its limbs for an aggressive defense.

Squeaks of pain are evident from south where Tamoq’a bomb scattered the caltrops. You can count at least three voices making the loudest of sounds. One of them stretches before cutting short – death throes most likely. Kalleus, Tamoq and Solitaire all see the form of a rat charge, stumble, and then stumble but not getting up again.

Kalleus makes to move, but finds that everywhere there are rats’ forms scurrying at him, save except in the spot that Anzor vacated with his charge. That leaves Kalleus beside the form of solitaire ad also with entirely too many rats much too close. However all is not lost as the man finds the focus to conjure a shield around himself.

Initiatives known:

Tamoq 34

Kipler Flip 34

Nino delaying [On full defense until they post]

Lise 16,5

Rats 16,3

Marek:16,1

Anzor 15

Solitaire 15

Kalleus 2

Next up:
    Trogdor
    Kipler Flip and Nino can act when they wish.
    Last edited by Ruess; 2016-09-14 at 01:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269

PaladinGuy

Stepping forward, Kipler lets his free hand trail along the doorframe for a second before juking to the left, away from where he heard the explosions. Jumping over a rat, he lands next to one of the tombs and lets himself slam into it, bracing him as he raises his crossbow and fires.
    He targets Marek, hoping to end the threat with intelligence first.
    Spoiler
    Show

Using Acrobatics to move through an occupied space.
    Acrobatics:(1d20+11)[16].
    Spending a point of Grit to attack against touch AC.
    Attack:(1d20+12)[22].
    Damage:(1d8)[5].
    Wasing not of wasing is.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamoq looks around and comes to the realization that there are just way too many rats around him. He hopes, perhaps vainly, that if he leaves them alone then perhaps they won't pursue him. So with a deep breath in and out he prepared himself before he dip, ducked, dodged, and dived out of the swarm of rats around him and toward the back corner of the tomb with a vague idea that he should prepare himself better in case the rats followed him. At the same time as he began to move he called out, loud enough for perhaps his more murderous companions to hear, "Allow me to pass my brothers and sisters! I wish to right the wrongs caused by my companion ignoring your laws."

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Using the Withdraw action so that I can avoid just all those AOOs from the rats.
    An acrobatic check in case Merek decides to take a pot shot as I run past him and toward my corner: (1d20+5)[10]
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2016-09-14 at 03:47 AM.
    New job, who dis?