New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Archery vs Dragons

I saw in another thread that people have pretty much assumed that in 63 the archery units missed the dwagons. Why? I've looked at the picture and the way the arrows curve seems to me to be an issue of perspective rather than necessarily innacuracy.

Can we really say that the dwagons haven't been taking damage from all their opponents so far? Just because we didn't see them hit, as we have seen before, doesn't mean they didn't.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Archery vs Dragons

well that depends on the hits defense and the unit stats, if the attack of the archers does not exceed the defense of the unit its attacking it does not do its normal damage, it becomes a severly nerfed version of that damage factor.

example DO NOT USE THESE AS FACTS!!! the defense of a dwagon could be 20 the normal archer attack is 5 and would have done 2 damage on the hits. However with the 4 times the defense being factored in the 2 hits may not be noticed, same as the marbit archers getting their hitsies in but not making a "noticable" effect on the hits of the dwagon until they got to the point of changing the "wounded" factor of the dwagon.

Now the woods could be blocking the view of the hits as well and it has been mention by several others as well.
    Avatar: Red Dwagon decapitating a Cloth Golem, wonderfully drawn by Erfworld Artist Jamie Naguchi, oh yea and Rob Balder

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

OR:
    Perhaps the dwagons just have a bit of damage reduction. That way, a small unti of enemies would do noticeably less damage than when the dwagons fought in the coulmn!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

I lean toward the "Parson's new watch attachment is giving him luck bonuses" theory personally.
    -Edgar Verona

Paladin, Philosopher, Programmer
    R.I.P

Eye of Fear and Flame
    422 - 469

We still miss you bro.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EdgarVerona View Post
    I lean toward the "Parson's new watch attachment is giving him luck bonuses" theory personally.
    Your reasoning behind that the watch is a dual mathamantic and luckamantic artifact is?