New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: Alternative ways to get new Class skills

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    Memelith (LA +2 template from Dungeon #117) -
    That's an interesting find: just had a look myself. Sadly, like a lot of Dungeon material, it's not particularly well written. Can you tell me where you are getting LA +2 from - was there errata?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Alternative ways to get new Class skills

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    That's an interesting find: just had a look myself. Sadly, like a lot of Dungeon material, it's not particularly well written. Can you tell me where you are getting LA +2 from - was there errata?
    From the "Sample Memelith" (same logic as with Unselie Fey)

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

added that, its an odd little template there

Memelith - Dungeon 117 p 29 - all skills are considered class skills - can use skills untrained - inherited template for any living humanoid

also this weekend im planning on adding a warcraftd20 section, the main book is WOTC published so it belongs, but in its own section IMO.
    most of the races get some class skills. I just picked it up, don't have any of the other ones(yet) so not sure if they are pure 3rd party or licensed 3rd party yet

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Isn't that a different system?

5. - Top - End - #65

nope, its the same as far as I can tell

but some of the races are different, goblins is the big one, in warcraft goblins are similar to tinker gnomes from dragonlance
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2017-04-13 at 02:22 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

added the Warcraft section

Spoiler: Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game
    Show

A Campaign Setting for Revised 3rd Edition Roleplaying (3.5) published by WOTC and does include information for using in other regular D&D games

I only have the main book so I'm not sure if the other books are licensed 3rd party or not, I know they have the Sword & Sorcery logo on the cover, but there are a couple of references inside to the upcoming release of Horde and Alliance Guidebooks. If and WHEN I pick others up I will update this information as I discover it

Races
    Please note many of the races have different racial abilities than standard PHB races, this list only deals with class skills

Human - Diplomancy, Gather Information and Knowledge (nobility and royalty) are always considered Class Skills

Ironforge Dwarf - Craft skills related to stone or metal and gunsmithing are always considered Class Skills

Elf-High - Knowledge (arcana) and Spellcraft are always considered Class Skills

Elf-Night - Knowledge (nature) and Survival are always considered Class Skills

Goblin - Appraise, Craft (alchemy), Diplomancy and Listen are always considered Class Skills

Half-elf - Gather Information and Sense Motive are always considered Class Skills

Half-orc - Intimidate and Sense Motive are always considered Class Skills

Orc - Handle Animal and Intimidate are always considered Class Skills

Tauren - Handle Animal and Survival are always considered Class Skills

Altered Class Features

Barbarian and Fighter gain Knowledge (military tactics) as a class skill

Rogue gains Use Technological Device as a class skill

its got some interesting things in it that might see use at my table, the tech stuff is a great addition to a lantan based campaign, and I found a nice leadership feat in there for wizards

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

http://archive.wizards.com/default.a...frcc/20070904:
    Favored in Guild Benefits: Knowledge (nobility & royalty) and Survival are always considered class skills for you.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet06320 View Post
    added that, its an odd little template there
    ekend im planning on adding a warcraftd20 section, the main book is WOTC published so it belongs, but in its own section IMO.
    most of the races get some class skills. I just picked it up, don't have any of the other ones(yet) so not sure if they are pure 3rd party or licensed 3rd party yet
    No, it wasn't WotC published, S&S actually got into trouble, as far I recall, for putting the D&D logo when they shouldn't. It's purely 3rd party.

9. - Top - End - #69

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    http://archive.wizards.com/default.a...frcc/20070904:
    Favored in Guild Benefits: Knowledge (nobility & royalty) and Survival are always considered class skills for you.
    that seems to be a bad link
    but if your referring to this link
    http://archive.wizards.com/default.a.../frcc/20070904
    its under affiliations already

Quote Originally Posted by RedWarlock View Post
    No, it wasn't WotC published, S&S actually got into trouble, as far I recall, for putting the D&D logo when they shouldn't. It's purely 3rd party.
    the copy I own, looks legit at least, with the D&D logo on the front, WOTC officially licensed logo on the back and official license statement on the copyright page

if you have a source or documentation, please post it for me

I know white wolf and WOTC had a licensing agreement for the Ravenloft name, so that stuff is legit licensed 3rd party, so its at least possible for the warcraft book. but I have noticed there seems to be warcraft campaign setting version out there with a different cover that doesn't have the D&D logo on the cover based on the pics I've seen(2nd printing?) dunno.
    so far I've picked up 2 other warcraft books, and those are 3rd party, no questions there

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Note: for Orc in Warcraft, it was specified Handle Animal (wolf), not just Handle Animal

If you OK with Warcraft stuff without D&D logo, then there is some more:
    Blood Elf - Concentration, Knowledge (arcana), Spellcraft
    Dark Iron Dwarf - Appraise, Craft
    Furbolg - Knowledge (nature), Survival
    Jungle Troll - Hide, Survival, and Swim
    Naga - Knowledge (arcana) and Spellcraft
    Satyr - Knowledge (nature) and Survival
    Tuskarr - Profession (fisher), Profession (whaler), and Survival
    Wildhammer Dwarf - Handle Animal, Ride

Dragons (by the way RAW worded, those skills are ALWAYS class skills - not just for racial HD):
    Black Dragon - Hide, Intimidate, Move Silently, and Spellcraft
    Blue Dragon - Gather Information, Knowledge (arcana), Spellcraft, and Swim
    Bronze Dragon - Hide, Gather Information, Spellcraft, and Spot
    Green Dragon - Concentration, Gather Information, Listen, and Spot
    Red Dragon - Concentration, Heal, Spellcraft, and Spot

Also, World of Warcraft the RPG revised couple of previously printed races:
    Half-Elves got the same skills as their elven parents, sans Half-Blood Elves, because it's "too early to have some" (but in the possible future, this rule will affect them too)
    Jungle Troll - Jump, Tumble, and Survival
    Last edited by ShurikVch; 2017-05-07 at 01:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Note: for Orc in Warcraft, it was specified Handle Animal (wolf), not just Handle Animal
    your right, I forgot to note that, fixed now

I also fixed the intro in that section, its not published by WOTC, only licensed

If you OK with Warcraft stuff without D&D logo, then there is some more:
    Blood Elf - Concentration, Knowledge (arcana), Spellcraft
    Dark Iron Dwarf - Appraise, Craft
    Furbolg - Knowledge (nature), Survival
    Jungle Troll - Hide, Survival, and Swim
    Naga - Knowledge (arcana) and Spellcraft
    Satyr - Knowledge (nature) and Survival
    Tuskarr - Profession (fisher), Profession (whaler), and Survival
    Wildhammer Dwarf - Handle Animal, Ride
    which book is that from? so i can list it proper
    I added a subsection for 3rd party warcraft at the bottom of the warcraft section
    I don't mind adding 3rd party stuff as long as its labeled properly

Dragons (by the way RAW worded, those skills are ALWAYS class skills - not just for racial HD):
    Black Dragon - Hide, Intimidate, Move Silently, and Spellcraft
    Blue Dragon - Gather Information, Knowledge (arcana), Spellcraft, and Swim
    Bronze Dragon - Hide, Gather Information, Spellcraft, and Spot
    Green Dragon - Concentration, Gather Information, Listen, and Spot
    Red Dragon - Concentration, Heal, Spellcraft, and Spot
    I reread it, your right RAW they are always class skills, haven't updated that yet, but will shortly, and where are the extra class skills coming from, I'm not seeing them in the SRD

Also, World of Warcraft the RPG revised couple of previously printed races:
    Half-Elves got the same skills as their elven parents, sans Half-Blood Elves, because it's "too early to have some" (but in the possible future, this rule will affect them too)
    Jungle Troll - Jump, Tumble, and Survival
    are those from the non d&d logo version of the campaign setting?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

are those from the non d&d logo version of the campaign setting?
    Yes.
    It's even have cosmetic changes in the names - "Agility" instead "Dexterity", "Stamina" for "Constitution", "Spirit" in place of "Wisdom", and so on...
    I reread it, your right RAW they are always class skills, haven't updated that yet, but will shortly, and where are the extra class skills coming from, I'm not seeing them in the SRD
    I'm sorry for possible misunderstanding: those aren't for SRD Dragons, but for Dragons from Warcraft, who share the same names
    which book is that from? so i can list it proper
    OK, by the book:

Alliance & Horde Compendium
    Dwarf, Wildhammer
    Elf, Blood
    Furbolg
    Troll, Jungle

Dark Factions
    Dwarf, Dark Iron
    Murloc // found it just now; Swim skill
    Naga // I forget to add in Swim skill
    Satyr

Lands of Conflict
    Dwarf, Dark Iron

Manual of Monsters
    Tuskarr
    Last edited by ShurikVch; 2017-05-07 at 08:37 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

thanks for those, updated that

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Mistake: Swim skill is missing in Naga, but incorrectly listed for Satyr

15. - Top - End - #75

I thought satyrs are natural born swimmers?
    lol, oops put swim in the wrong place, fixed now, thanks

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Checked Monster Guide book; it have:

One more print of Blood Elf and Dark Iron Dwarf (no changes in skills)

Gnome, Leper - Craft (technological device), Disable Device, and Open Lock

Kobold - Appraise, Profession (miner), Search, and Stealth // Stealth is a skill from World of Warcraft RPG, it's 2in1 (Hide + Move Silently) Pathfinder-style

World of Warcraft RPG have "monster classes", which are work less like in Savage Species (HD-less "LA levels", you must start a game in it, and can't multiclass out of it until take all levels), and more like Racial Paragon Classes (i. e. you have no obligations to take a single level in them, let alone all 3 levels).
    So, the Gnoll class (in the Monster Guide).
    "Class" Skills: Climb, Jump, Listen, Spot, Stealth, Survival, and Swim
    At 2nd level, it gives CF Bonus Class Skills: the gnoll's racial class skills are considered class skills for any other class he might take.

17. - Top - End - #77

Checked Monster Guide book; it have:

One more print of Blood Elf and Dark Iron Dwarf (no changes in skills)

Gnome, Leper - Craft (technological device), Disable Device, and Open Lock

Kobold - Appraise, Profession (miner), Search, and Stealth // Stealth is a skill from World of Warcraft RPG, it's 2in1 (Hide + Move Silently) Pathfinder-style

World of Warcraft RPG have "monster classes", which are work less like in Savage Species (HD-less "LA levels", you must start a game in it, and can't multiclass out of it until take all levels), and more like Racial Paragon Classes (i. e. you have no obligations to take a single level in them, let alone all 3 levels).
    So, the Gnoll class (in the Monster Guide).
    "Class" Skills: Climb, Jump, Listen, Spot, Stealth, Survival, and Swim
    At 2nd level, it gives CF Bonus Class Skills: the gnoll's racial class skills are considered class skills for any other class he might take.
    updated and added those in the warcraft 3rd party section

and also added this in the spells section under channeling rules thanks to daremetoidareyo

And planar binding a throne archon can get you channeling too.
    Spoiler: Here is a master list of skill ranks available to you from channeling a celestial
    Show

Name Skills
    Guardinal:Musteval Balance +7, Climb +7, Escape Artist +9, Hide +17, Jump +0, Listen +7, Move Silently +9, Sleight of Hand +9, Survival +7, Tumble +6, Use Rope +4 (+6 bindings)
    Archon, lantern Concentration +4, Diplomacy +4, Knowledge (the planes) +2, Listen +4, Sense Motive +4, Spot +4
    Elysian Thrush Listen +4, spot +4
    Eladrin: Coure Concentration +6, Diplomacy +9, Escape Artist +12, Hide +24, Knowledge (the planes) +6, Listen +5, Move Silently +16, Sense Motive +5, Spot +5, Survival +0 (+2 onother planes), Use Rope +7 (+9 bindings)
    Protectar Concentration +7, Diplomacy +9, Heal +6, Knowledge (the planes) +5, Knowledge (religion )+5, Listen +6, Sense Motive +6, Spot +6, Survival +1
    Bauriar (BOED p. 166) Diplomacy +1, Handle Animal +5, Hide –1, Jump +5, Listen +8, Move Silently +3, Ride +2, Sense Motive +6, Spot +8, Survival +6, Tumble –1
    Guardinal: Cervidal Balance +9, Concentration +8, Heal +8, Intimidate +9, Jump +19, Spellcraft +7
    Ramadeen Diplomacy +12, heal +9, Intimidate +10, Jump +7, Knowledge (the planes)+8, Knowledge (religion) +8, Listen +9, Sense motive +9, Spot +9, Survival +2, Tumble +4
    Guardinal: Equinal Balance +2, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +4, Hide +5, Jump +14, Knowledge (the planes) +10, Knowledge (religion) +10, Listen +11, Sense Motive +11, Spot +11, Survival +11 (+13 on other planes), Tumble +2
    Hollyphant (winged form) Concentration +10, Diplomacy +14, Heal +13, Hide +14, Knowledge (the planes) +12, Listen +13, Move Silently +10, Search +12, Sense Motive +13, Spellcraft +12, Spot +13
    Hollyphant (mastodon form) Concentration +10, Diplomacy +14, Heal +13, Hide +14, Knowledge (the planes) +12, Listen +13, Move Silently +10, Search +12, Sense Motive +13, Spellcraft +12, Spot +13, Survival 4
    Archon Hound Concentration +10, Diplomacy +3, Hide +9*, Jump +15, Listen +10, Move Silently +9, Sense Motive +10, Spot +10, Survival +10* (+12 following tracks)
    Movanic Deva Balance +13, Concentration +11, Diplomacy +15, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (any three) +12, Listen +12, Sense Motive +12, Spellcraft +12, Spot +12
    Justice Archon Concentration +14, Diplomacy +13, Intimidate +11, Knowledge (the planes) +9, Listen +10, Move Silently +4, Sense Motive +10, Spot +10, Survival +1 (+3 on other planes)
    Eladrin: Bralani Concentration +12, Diplomacy +4, Escape Artist +13, Handle Animal +11, Hide +13, Jump +10, Listen +13, Move Silently +13, Ride +6, Sense Motive +11, Spot +13, Tumble +13, Use Rope +4 (+6 with bindings)
    Lillend Appraise +12, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +16, Knowledge (arcana) +12, Listen +13, Perform (any one) +14, Sense Motive +13, Spellcraft +14, Spot +13, Survival +17
    Guardinal: Avoral Bluff +13, Concentration +15, Diplomacy +7, Disguise +3 (+5 acting), Handle Animal +13, Hide +16, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (any one) +12, Listen +13, Move Silently +16, Ride +8, Sense Motive +13, Spellcraft +12, Spot +21
    Asura Concentration +13, Diplomacy +16, Escape Artist +9, Intimidate +14, Knowledge (the planes) +11, Listen +15, Sense Motive +13, Spot +15, Survival +2 (+4 on other planes), Use Rope +2 (+4 bindings)
    Archon, Warden Climb +14, Concentration +14, Diplomacy +14, Jump +14, Knowledge (religion) +14, Knowledge (the planes) +14, Listen +22, Search +14, Sense Motive +12, Spot +22, Survival +1 (+3 following tracks or on other planes), Swim +9, Tumble –3
    Eladrin: Firre (BOED p.169) Bluff +11, Concentration +11, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +9 (+11 acting), Intimidate +6, Knowledge (the planes) +8, Perform (any one) +12, Sense Motive +8, Spellcraft +9, Survival +3 (+5 on other planes)
    Arcadian Avenger Balance +13, Diplomacy +14, Heal +12, Intimidate +12, Knowledge (the planes) +11, Listen +12, Sense Motive +12, Spot +12
    Guardinal: Lupinal Animal Empathy +13, Balance +16, Climb +17, Concentration +12, Hide +16, Listen +17, Move Silently +16, Spot +17
    Moondog Balance +4, Concentration +13, Diplomacy +17, Hide +18, Intimidate +15, Jump +15, Knowledge (the planes) +14, Listen +17, Move Silently +18, Sense Motive +15, Spot +17, Survival +3 (+5 on other planes), Tumble +4
    Sibyllic Guardian Autohypnosis +17, Concentration +17, Diplomacy +19, Gather Information +17, Jump +16, Knowledge (psionics) +17, Knowledge (the planes) +15, Listen +15, Psicraft+17, Sense Motive +15, Spot +15
    Coutl, psionic
    Coutl Concentration +14, Diplomacy +17, Jump +0, Knowledge (any two) +15, Listen +16, Search +15, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +15 (+17 scrolls), Spot +16, Survival +4 (+6 following tracks), Tumble +15, Use Magic Device +15 (+17 scrolls)
    Guardinal: Ursinal Concentration +16, Diplomacy +19, Heal +16, Intimidate +17, Knowledge (arcana) +17, Knowledge (the planes) +17, Listen +16, Profession (any one) +16, Search +17, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +19, Spot +16, Survival +3 (+5 on other planes)
    Archon, owl Concentration +15, Diplomacy +16, Escape Artist +17Heal +19, Hide +13, Knowledge (the planes) +15, Listen +19, Move Silently +17, Search +15, Sense Motive +19, Spellcraft+15,Spot+23*,Survival+7, Use Rope +5
    Monadic Deva Balance +16, Concentration +18, Diplomacy +19, Knowledge (any three) +16, Listen +16, Move Silently +16, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +16, Spot +16
    Hammer Archon Appraise +14, Climb +20, Craft (stone- working) +14, Jump +14, Knowledge (dungeoneering) +14, Listen +15, Search +14, Sense Motive +15, Spot +15
    Archon: word Concentration +19 (+23 speaking defensively), Diplomacy +18, Gather Information +5, Intimidate +16, Knowledge (arcana) +19 (+21 truename research), Knowledge (geography) +19 (+21 truename research), Knowledge (local) +19 (+21 truename research), Knowledge (nature) +19 (+21 truename research), Knowledge (the planes) +19 (+21 truename research), Listen +16, Search +19, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +21, Spot +16, Survival +3 (+5 on other planes, when following tracks, and when avoiding getting lost or hazards in aboveground natural environ- ments), Truespeak +27
    Eladrin Ghaele Concentration +15, Diplomacy +5, Escape Artist +14, Handle Animal +16, Hide +14, Knowledge (any two) +16, Listen +16, Move Silently +14, Ride +16, Sense Motive +16, Spot +16, Use Rope +1 (+3 with bindings)
    Archon, Sword Balance +14, Concentration +13, Decipher Script +12, Diplomacy +17, Disguise +14,GatherInformation +15, Hide +12, Knowledge (religion) +12, Knowledge (the planes) +12, Search +12, SenseMotive+14, Survival +2
    Radiant idols*
    (fluffwise, may count)
    Bluff +20*, Concentration +18, Diplomacy +17, Disguise +20 (+22 acting), Forgery +10, Hide +13, Intimidate +22, Knowledge (the planes) +17, Knowledge (religion) +10, Move Silently +17, Sense Motive +17, Sleight of Hand +12, Spot +17, Survival +3 (+5 on other planes)
    Eladrin: Shiradi Concentration +20, Diplomacy +23, Gather Information +23, Heal +18, Intimidate +21, Knowledge (local) +10, Knowledge (the planes) +18, Knowledge (religion) +11, Listen +18, Perform (any one) +21, Sense Motive +28, Spot +18, Survival +3 (+5 on other planes)
    Guardinal: Leonel Balance +22, Concentration +12, Diplomacy +4, Hide +22, Intimidate +10, Jump +35, Knowledge (any) +17, Listen +17, Move Silently +22, Sense Motive +17, Spot +17, Survival +17
    Archon: trumpet Concentration +21, Diplomacy +20, Escape Artist +18, Handle Animal +18, Knowledge (any one) +18, Listen +18, Move Silently +18, Perform (wind instruments) +18, Ride +20, Sense Motive +18, Spot +18, Use Rope +3 (+5 with bindings)
    SHIROKINU- KATSUKAMI Balance +12, Concentration +15, Diplomacy +17, Intuit Direction +16, Knowledge (arcana) +16, Knowledge (spirits) +16, Listen +16, Search +16, Sense Motive +16, Spellcraft +16, Spot +16, Tumble +12
    Angel, astral Deva Concentration +19, Craft or Knowledge (any three) +19, Diplomacy +22, Escape Artist +19, Hide +19, Intimidate +20, Listen +23, Move Silently +19, Sense Motive +19, Spot +23, Use Rope +4 (+6 with bindings)
    Archon, Throne Concentration +20, Diplomacy +25, Heal +20, Intimidate +31, Knowledge (history) +21, Knowledge (religion) +21, Knowledge (the planes) +21, Listen +20, Search +21, Sense Motive +28, Spellcraft +21, Spot +20, Survival +3 (+5 following tracks)
    Angel, Planetar Concentration +22, Craft or Knowledge (any four) +23, Diplomacy +25, Escape Artist +21, Hide +17, Intimidate +23, Listen +23, Move Silently +21, Sense Motive +23, Search +23, Spot +23, Use Rope +4 (+6 with bindings)
    Aspect of Kord Balance +23, Climb +25, Diplomacy +6, Intimidate +21, Jump +35, Listen +20, Search +20, Sense Motive +20, Spot +20, Swim +25, Survival +20, Tumble +23
    Risen martyr at least one skill at at +9
    Eladrin: Tulani Bluff +29, Concentration +27, Diplomacy +33, Disguise +8 (+10 acting), Gather Information +31, Hide +27, Intimidate +31, Knowledge (arcana) +17, Knowledge (local) +28, Knowledge (nature) +18, Knowledge (the planes) +28, Listen +28, Move Silently +27, Perform (any one) +29, Sense Motive +28, Sleight of Hand +8, Spellcraft +30, Spot +28, Survival +7
    Titan Balance +7, Bluff +19, Climb +22, Concentration +37, Craft (any one) +28, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +7 (+9 acting), Heal +20, Intimidate +32, Jump +38, Knowledge (any one) +28, Listen +32, Perform (oratory) +30, Sense Motive +32, Search +28, Spellcraft +17, Spot +32, Survival +9 (+11 following tracks), Swim +16
    Dwarf Einherjar Climb +11, Craft metalworking +13, Craft stone working +14, Jump +11, Listen +2, Spot +2
    Elf Einherjar Climb +14, Handle Animal +6, Jump +13, Listen +2, Ride (horse) +12, Search +2, Spot +2, Swim +13,
    Human Einherjar Climb +14, Handle Animal +13, Intimidate +18, Intuit Direction +12, Jump +14, Listen +14, Ride (horse) +15, Spot +2, Swim +16, Wilderness Lore +12
    Angel, Solar Concentration +30, Craft or Knowledge (any five) +33, Diplomacy +34, Escape Artist +30, Hide +26, Listen +32, Move Silently +30, Search +31, Sense Motive +32, Spellcraft +31, Spot +32, Survival +7 (+9 following tracks), Use Rope +5 (+7 with bindings)

18. - Top - End - #78

added a new spell, thanks daremetoidareyo

When Two Become One - Oriental Adventures (Shugenja 3) - As a joint creature, you and your horse share all your skills, feats, and abilities. Horses have Listen and Spot as class skills

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

tongue Re: Alternative ways to get new Class skills

Is the Verbal component of that spell a Spice Girls song?

20. - Top - End - #80

Is the Verbal component of that spell a Spice Girls song?
    lol, dunno, but legend has it that the somatic component is stamping your hoof while counting to 3, lol

also never checked http://www.birthright.net/ and found stuff there, so I added it in its own section

Spoiler: Birthright
    Show

http://www.birthright.net/ was made the official fansite of Birthright in 2000.
    It falls in that semi-official 3rd party area so use at own risk

Third Edition Birthright Rulebook is free pdf found here please note 3.0 material

Human cultural trait:
    • Brecht - Appraise is considered a class skill for you
    • Khinasi - All knowledge skills are considered class skills
    • Rjurik - Wilderness Lore is considered a class skill
    • Vos - intimidate is considered a class skill

Variant Classes
    Paladin of Nesirie - Adds Swim

Knowledge (Architecture and engineering) is considered a class skill for BIRTHRIGHT fighters and paladins

Magician Special Abilities: (Magician is a new magic using class)
    A Magician acquires a new special ability of their choice from the list below
    at 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th, 15th, and 18th level.
    Additional Class Skills : Select any two non-restricted
    cross-class skills. They are now class skills. Further, you
    get one rank in each for free.

Spoiler: Background Skill Points
    Show

BIRTHRIGHT characters do not gain additional bonus languages for high intelligence. Instead, BIRTHRIGHT characters gain bonus background skill points equal to their two
    times their Intelligence bonus. Characters who wish to speak additional languages must purchase them with the Speak Languages skill at the cost appropriate to their class.

The social status of characters in a BIRTHRIGHT campaign plays an important role in their selection of skills at first level. Players must choose one of these backgrounds for their character. In addition to the skills on their class list, characters may treat any of the skills listed for their background as class skills when purchasing their initial skills at 1st level (and only at 1st level).

• Common-folk: 1st level characters with a commoner background may choose to be illiterate and gain +2 bonus background skill points instead. Barbarians do not gain these points unless they later take a class that provides literacy and choose to remain illiterate. In addition to their normal class skills, characters with a common-folk background treat all of the class skills for the Commoner NPC class [DMG, pg. 38] as additional class skills at 1st level: Climb, Craft, Handle Animal, Jump, Listen, Profession (any), Ride, Spot, Swim, and Use Rope.

• Noble-born: In addition to their normal class skills, characters with a noble background treat all of the class skills for the Aristocrat NPC class [DMG, pg. 38] as additional class skills at 1st level: Appraise, Bluff, Diplomacy, Disguise, Forgery, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Innuendo, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Listen, Perform, Read Lips, Ride, Sense Motive, Speak Language, Spot, Swim, and Wilderness Lore.

• Mountain-born [Dwarves only]: In addition to their normal class skills, dwarves treat all of the following skills as additional class skills at 1st level: Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Disable Device, Knowledge (Architecture and engineering), Open Lock, Profession, Search, Speak Language, Use Rope.

• Fey-born [Elves and half-elves only]: In addition to their normal class skills, elves or half-elves with this background treat all of the following skills as additional class skills at 1st level: Animal empathy, Balance, Climb, Craft, Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (any), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Ride, Speak
    Language, Spellcraft, Spot, Swim, Wilderness Lore.

New Skills

Administrate (Wis) Administrate is a new class skill for aristocrats, clerics, and rogues.

Leadership (Cha) This skill can be used untrained, and is considered a class skill for Barbarians, Clerics, Fighters, Paladins and any class for which Perform is a class skill (including Aristocrats, Bards, and Rogues).

Strategy (Int) Strategy is a trained skill and a class skill for Fighters, Paladins, and Barbarians.

Feats

Animal Whispers [General, Racial]
    You have a limited form of ability to speak with animals.
    Prerequisites: Elf, Cha 13+
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus on all animal empathy skill
    checks. You may use animal empathy untrained.

City-dweller [General]
    You have spent most of your life living in a large city.
    Regions: Anuire, Brechtόr, Khinasi
    Benefits: You gain a +2 bonus on all gather information checks. Speak language is a class skill for you.

Erudition [General]
    You come from a land that values education greatly.
    Regions: Anuire, Brechtόr, Khinasi
    Benefits: All knowledge skills are class skills for you. If you take skill focus in any knowledge skill, the bonus gained is +4.
    Normal: The bonus from skill focus is +2.

Spoiler: Blood Abilities
    Show

For use with Birthright bloodlines, there are other abilities associated with these, but this thread only deals with class skills

Alter Appearance (Major; Brenna, Vorynn, Azrai): Disguise is treated as a class skill

Animal Affinity (Minor; All) Animal Empathy is a class skill

Battlewise (Major; Anduiras, Azrai): Strategy is a class skill

Blood History (Minor; Brenna, Masela, Vorynn): Once per day, the scion may gain one rank in any skill possessed by one of their ancestors for 10 minutes times their Bloodline bonus

Character Reading (Major; Basaia, Brenna, Vorynn): Sense motive is treated as a class skill

Direction Sense (Minor; Masela, Reynir): Intuit Direction is considered a class skill

Fear (Major; Azrai): Intimidate is treated as a class skill

Persuasion (Major; Azrai, Brenna): Diplomacy is treated as a class skill

Unreadable Thoughts (Minor; All): Bluff is a class skill

Domains

Night Domain
    Deity: Eloιle
    Granted Power: Hide, Move Silently and Spot are Class Skills

Justice Domain
    Deity: Haelyn
    Granted Powers: Sense Motive is a Class Skill

Wilderness Domain
    Deity: Erik
    Granted Powers: You get the Track feat. Wilderness Lore is a Class Skill

Terror Domain
    Deity: Belinik
    Granted Power: You get Skill Focus (Intimidate). Intimidate is a Class Skill

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Since your list have some older stuff, there was a thing in 3.0 version of Embrace the Wild spell (Masters of the Wild/Savage Species):
    This spell allows you to adopt the nature and some abilities of a wild animal. You retain your own form, but you gain the natural and extraordinary senses of the creature you choose, as well as its skill ranks (though these do not stack with any ranks you already have in the same skills), for the duration of the spell. Thus, depending on your choice of animal, you could gain blindsight, scent, and ranks in Listen, Spot, or other skills. Embrace the wild does not grant you the animal’s natural attacks, methods of locomotion, feats, or non-sensory extraordinary abilities, such as trample or improved grab.

22. - Top - End - #82

Updated
    added that spell ShurikVch, sorry took so long, but its there now

and added at the bottom of the template section, wasn't sure if there or the domain section was better
    Unique Abilities - DMGII pg 157-8 Divinity (Su): the offspring of a deity, Select a domain granted by the deity, use that domain’s granted power as if he were a cleric of a level equal to his character level, plus other benefits. Use this to get access to a domain that grants class skills as its domain granted power.
    of course for a LA +2 is probly not the best way to get new class skills, but it is an option

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Speaking about domains: how about the ACFs from Complete Champion - Domain Access (Sorcerer) and Domain Granted Power (Wizard)?

24. - Top - End - #84

Speaking about domains: how about the ACFs from Complete Champion - Domain Access (Sorcerer) and Domain Granted Power (Wizard)?
    yup, that works added those and moved the Divinity to the bottom of the Domain section, it seems the best place to add those, as they specifically get you a domain or the granted power, and the list of available skills is right above it, makes for easier reference IMO

Domain Access (Sorcerer) Complete Champion
    Domain Granted Power (Wizard) Complete Champion
    Use one of these ACFs to get a Domain that grants the class skills your looking for
    Unique Abilities - DMGII pg 157-8 Divinity (Su): the offspring of a deity, Select a domain granted by the deity, use that domain’s granted power as if he were a cleric of a level equal to his character level, plus other benefits. Use this to get access to a domain that grants class skills as its domain granted power.
    it just amazes me how complex the rules are that over 11 years after the original post we are still finding new ways to expand this list
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2018-03-02 at 05:31 AM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Domains are great, and there's quite a few ways to get them: Lists of Stuff

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Bonus Domains

Church Inquisitor 1, ecl 4, Complete Divine – Inquisition
    Contemplative 1, 6/10, ecl 11, Complete Divine – Any one
    Divine Oracle 1, ecl 6 Complete Divine – Oracle
    Radiant Servant of Pelor 5, ecl 11, Complete Divine – Glory or Purification
    Rainbow Servant 1, 4, 7/10, Complete Divine – Good, Air, Law (in that order)
    Seeker of the Misty Isle 1, 7/10, Complete Divine – Travel, Magic
    Temple Raider of Olidammara 10, Complete Divine – Luck
    Warpriest 1, ecl 6, Complete Divine – Glory or Domination
    Holt Warden 1, ecl 5, Complete Champion, plant
    Ordained Champion 1, ecl 5, Complete Champion, war domain or any other by your deity

Sovereign Speaker 1-9/9, ecl 6, Faiths of Eberron – *9 bonus Domains* (1 per level), selection restrictions, see text
    Singer of Concordance 2, ecl 7, Races of the Dragon - choose from: dragon, healing, knowledge, magic, strength, travel, wealth
    Cloistered Cleric 1, Unearthed Arcana - Knowledge Domain, plus any two others as a standard Cleric

Divine Disciple 4, ecl ?, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (3.0) – any one of your diety’s Domains
    Dracolyte 1, ecl 6, Draconomicon - Glory or Domination
    Wavekeeper 1, ecl 6, Stormwrack, choose: Blackwater, Ocean, Storm or Water
    Knight of the Raven 3, ecl 7, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft
    Arachnomancer 1, ecl 6, Drow of the Underdark, spider domain
    Swift Wing 1, ecl 5, Dragon Magic - Dragon
    Earthshaker 1, ecl 9, Dragon 314 p.58, Earth domain

Faiths and Pantheons
    Wearer of Purple 1 – one bonus Domain from the following; Death, Evil or Scalykind (requires Iron Will, Spell Focus (necromancy))
    Gondsman 3 – one bonus Domain from the following; Craft, Earth, Fire, Knowledge, Metal or Planning (requires Craft Wondrous Item, Skill

Focus (craft))
    Horned Harbringer 1 – Death
    Auspician 1 – Fate (requires Dodge, Iron Will, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes)
    *Windwalker 1 – Air and Travel Domain spell access only (do not gain Domain power or Domain slots, if you don’t already have them)
    *Waveservant 1 – Ocean spell access only (do not gain Domain power or Domain slots, if you don’t already have them)
    *Silverstar 1 – Moon Domain spell access only (do not gain Domain power or Domain slots, if you don’t already have them)

Special Mention
    Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment), feat, Planar Handbook, gain access to a domain power and spells, see text
    Heretic of Faith, feat, Power of Faerun (p.46), stray from your path, exchange domain spells, etc, see text

...not to mention base classes that get domains.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Most domains that add class skills only add them to your Cleric levels, though.

27. - Top - End - #87

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    Most domains that add class skills only add them to your Cleric levels, though.
    tru, some ways to get class skills for some options do have limitations on what they give class skills, kinda gotta see the individual entry for certain things

Domains are great, and there's quite a few ways to get them
    ...not to mention base classes that get domains.
    different classes that give skills wasn't part of the purview of the original poster, but I'm not opposed to adding or linking to a list if there's one out there, so I added a link to the lists of stuff

I added a subsection at the bottom of the Domain section

Spoiler: Ways to get Domains
    Show

see Curmudgeon's Lists of Stuff to find ways to get bonus domains

Domain Access (Sorcerer) Complete Champion
    Domain Granted Power (Wizard) Complete Champion
    Use one of these ACFs to get a Domain that grants the class skills your looking for

Planar Touchstone (Catalogues of Enlightenment), feat, Planar Handbook, gain access to a domain power and spells, see text

Heretic of Faith, feat, Power of Faerun (p.46), stray from your path, exchange domain spells, etc, see text

Bonus Domain Epic Feat, also in Complete Divine

I also moved the section on weird class abilities from the 3rd post to the bottom of the 2nd post, as the 3rd post has pretty much become the officially licensed 3rd party and fansite section

and I added in the 3rd post
    Spoiler: Planescape
    Show

http://www.planewalker.com/ is the official fan site for Planescape
    It falls in that semi-official 3rd party area so use at own risk

http://mimir.planewalker.com/sites/d...ter4_Plain.pdf warning - mix of 3.0 and 3.5

3 new skills are introduced and added to various classes as follows:

Skill Bbn Brd Clr Drd Ftr Mnk Pal Psi Rgr Rog Sor Wiz Untrained Key Ability
    Control (plane) cc C C C cc C cc C C cc C C Yes Wis
    Knowledge (factions and guilds) cc C C cc cc cc cc cc cc C cc C No Int
    Planar Expertise cc C cc C cc cc cc cc C cc cc cc No Wis

Feats

Arcane Dabbler [General] You gain detect magic and prestidigitation at will as a wizard of your character level. In addition, Use Magic Device is now a class skill for you.

Planar Knack [General] You gain a +2 bonus to Control, Planar Expertise, and Survival checks on any planes with which you have a specialty in Knowledge (the planes). In addition, Planar Expertise is now a class skill for you

Deception [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Revolutionary League
    Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to Bluff, Disguise, Forgery, and Innuendo. In addition, you may choose one to always be a class skill for you. Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you do, choose another skill to become a class skill for you

Good With People [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in Believers of the Source
    Benefit: You gain a +3 bonus to Diplomacy checks, and Diplomacy is always a class skill for you

Know Lies [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Mercykillers
    Benefit: Sense Motive is always a class skill for you, and you may cast Discern Lies against any question once per day

Sticky Fingers [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Fated
    Benefit: You gain a +2 bonus to Sleight of Hand when using it to steal from others, and Sleight of Hand becomes a class skill for you

Taker's Skills [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Fated
    Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to Pick Pockets, Bluff, and Diplomacy. You may select one of these skills to always be a class skill for you.
    Special: You may take this feat three times. Each time choose a different skill to become a class skill. The bonus to these skills stack.

Talents of the Past [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Mind‟s Eye or Believers of the Source
    Benefit: Choose two cross-class skills. These skills become class skills for you.

Tinker With Magic [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Fraternity of Order
    Benefit: You may choose three cantrips and you may cast any combination of them a number of times per day equal to 1+ your intelligence modifier. You cast these spells as a wizard and your caster level is considered one third your total character level. In addition, Use Magic Device is always a class skill for you.

Honorable Mention

Extra Skills [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Fated
    Benefit: You gain eight skill points that may be used to purchase any non-exclusive skill as a class skill

Previous Life Experience [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Believers of the Source. Wisdom 13+, Cumulative Life Experience
    Benefit: You may attempt to use all skills untrained, even if they can normally only be used with training

Sensorium Scholar [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Society of Sensation, Must have gone through every sensation available at a sensorium
    Benefit: You are able to make all Knowledge checks as if you have ranks in them, enabling you to recall more than common knowledge without training. You may still only roll a Knowledge check for a given subject once, though if you spend a sufficient amount of time in a sensorium you may be able to try again, at the DM‟s discretion. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to all Knowledge checks.
    Special: In order to maintain use of this feat you must experience every sensation available at a different sensorium at least once a year. Failing to do so results in losing the benefits of this feat until you fulfill this requirement.

Changing Domains to get different Class skills, see the section in the first post of this thread above for Domains that grant Class skills

Priest of the Great Unknown [General, Faction-Dependent] Membership in the Athar or Godsmen, access to a domain
    Benefit: You are now a priest of the Great Unknown, and you must renounce your former deity as a fraud. However, you retain all your spellcasting abilities and may replace your spell domains with any other spell domains of your choice (you may only do this when you first take the feat, and you may not choose an alignment domain unless you are of that alignment, i.e. you cannot choose the Law domain unless you are lawful).
    Normal: Priests may forsake their deity and worship the Great Unknown without taking this feat. However, they may not choose new domains when they do this. Clerics that worship the Great Unknown without ever having worshiped any previous powers gain access to the Knowledge domain as well as those domains that match their alignment.

are there any other (semi)official fan sites that we are possible missing material from that I've missed?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

The Herald domain adds Intimidate for all your classes, but it's the only one. All the other domains only work for cleric levels.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    The Herald domain adds Intimidate for all your classes, but it's the only one. All the other domains only work for cleric levels.
    it doesn't specify that its always a class skill, but all the others I checked do say that's it adds to your cleric skills. so deserves a special note about that one

I added a note in that section

Domains generally only add class skills to your cleric levels unless noted otherwise, such as the Herald Domain's Granted Ability: Intimidate is a class skill

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Just found another one. The 3.0 OA web enhancement: THE MAHASARPA CAMPAIGN: http://archive.wizards.com/default.a...d/we/20011019a

page 7:
    Humans
    Players can choose one of the following race options for characters
    in the Mahasarpa campaign:
    • Human, Bhalluka clan: equivalent to Crab, but bonus class
    skill is Wilderness Lore Survival instead of Knowledge (Shadowlands),
    and favored class is ranger instead of fighter

• Human, Gandharva clan: equivalent to Phoenix, but favored
    class is Brahmin instead of shugenja
    • Human, Kokaha: equivalent to Unicorn clan
    • Human, Lakshmana: equivalent to Crane clan
    • Human, Naga: equivalent to Dragon clan
    • Human, Singha: equivalent to Lion clan
    • Human, Vriscika: equivalent to Scorpion clan

Another way to get survival on a human mostly.