New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Question Re: Alternative ways to get new Class skills

Not sure if it's already mentioned (I couldn't see it, but may have failed a Search check), but the Noble class from Dragonlance Campaign Setting adds any one cross-class skill as a class skill at 1st level.

Also, Ancestral Knowledge feat (RoS): make any knowledge check untrained, may be worthy of a special mention, like Jack of All Trades.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Alternative ways to get new Class skills

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    Just found another one. The 3.0 OA web enhancement: THE MAHASARPA CAMPAIGN: http://archive.wizards.com/default.a...d/we/20011019a
    nice find, you get bonus points, that helps this thread and your survival guide, lol

I posted that in Races section, right below the other 2 OA human traits entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Not sure if it's already mentioned (I couldn't see it, but may have failed a Search check), but the Noble class from Dragonlance Campaign Setting adds any one cross-class skill as a class skill at 1st level.
    you only failed your search cuz it wasn't there to find, lol

I added that one in the weird class abilities worth mentioning section

Also, Ancestral Knowledge feat (RoS): make any knowledge check untrained, may be worthy of a special mention, like Jack of All Trades.
    its now in the honorable mention section, it fits

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    Most domains that add class skills only add them to your Cleric levels, though.
    I may have found another exception. Divine Agent (MotP) says that any domain abilities dependent on Cleric levels use the sum of your Cleric + DA levels. From the wording, I believe this may this include domains which add skills to your Cleric levels.

No matter what their prior class was, divine agents gain the granted power of the domain they choose. In cases where the granted ability relies on cleric levels or allows turning or rebuking, use the sum of a character’s cleric and divine agent levels to determine the ability’s effect.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet06320 View Post
    (in the Variant Classes spoiler...)

Use Magic Device
    Survivalist (Fighter) - Dragon 310 - also Balance, Hide, Move Silently, Survival. lose Handle Animal, Intimidate, Ride
    This Survivalist guy has Use Rope, not UMD.

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    This Survivalist guy has Use Rope, not UMD.
    oops, im guessing a copy/paste error, and just stuck in the wrong spot. its fixed now

I may have found another exception. Divine Agent (MotP) says that any domain abilities dependent on Cleric levels use the sum of your Cleric + DA levels. From the wording, I believe this may this include domains which add skills to your Cleric levels.
    added that to the Domain section, any other exceptions?
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2018-06-20 at 03:06 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    Found new one:

City of Stormreach p.111: Guardians of Rusheme+2 Spot checks made in Xen’drik. Gain access to storytelling instructors; Knowledge (history) and Perform (oratory) become class skills.

Affiliation score 11
    already added in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamSam View Post
    Class backgrounds in Cityscape are probably worth mentioning as well.
    i do believe they are listed in the ACF section, if i missed any let me know

Two things:

1.) Most recent version of this resource can be found here: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?491181

2.) With anything like this, it's probably better to PM the creator with suggestions: if the thread gets locked as necro, then it makes it difficult for the creator to add or modify anything down the track.
    thankyou Thurbane

and i did add

Yak-folk MMII
    Body Meld (Sp): Once per day a yak folk can merge its body with that of a humanoid or giant of Small to Large size. The process works only on humans, elves, dwarves, halforcs, and any creature of the giant type. The yak folk shares all the victim’s knowledge, memories, skills, feats, and extraordinary abilities, but none of its spell-like or supernatural abilities. The yak folk retains all of its own supernatural and spell-like abilities.
    in the race section
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2021-07-06 at 08:14 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know if you mentioned it, but 3.5 update to Oriental Adventures (in Dragon #318) have this part:
    Humans: Humans from the Lion clan gain Intimidate as a class skill, rather than the obsolete Knowledge (war).

8. - Top - End - #98
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Metamagic Mod: is Thread Necromancy a Class skill?
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

9. - Top - End - #99
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Metamagic Mod: thread opened by request.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)

10. - Top - End - #100

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
    I don't know if you mentioned it, but 3.5 update to Oriental Adventures (in Dragon #318) have this part:
    Humans: Humans from the Lion clan gain Intimidate as a class skill, rather than the obsolete Knowledge (war).
    its in the race section already, near the bottom

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Dungeon #93/Polyhedron #152 contains the Thunderball Rally game
    One of available classes - the Ace - up to three times gets "Special Ability", and one of options is
    Bonus Class Skill: The ace may designate a cross-class skill as a class skill.
    Once designated, the skill is considered a class skill every time the character adds a new ace level. The skill must be one available in Thunderball Rally, and it should be relatively common, as well.
    The GM is free to rule that a specific skill is off limits as a bonus class skill.
    It's questionable if this class would be usable in a game without automobiles, but for completeness' sake...

12. - Top - End - #102

i added it in the Wierd Class Abilities Worth Mentioning section at the bottom with a note that its more for modern d20 game than a D&D game

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Cityscape p59 has a variant campaign rule that allows characters to gain additional class skills based on their background (lower-class, middle-class, or upper-class).

14. - Top - End - #104

its already listed at the bottom of Variant class section, seemed like the best place to add that