New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Tammy & Bill's Live and Repair

The gnolls eyes widens. "Oh." He scratches his head, looking between the two. His eyes keeps being drawn to Titania. "But, ah, you have money right? I'm afraid we can't- you know how it is." The gnolls ears fall flat and he smiles without showing his teeth. "It makes the world go around, especially in a place like this." He suddenly offers his hand, which they might now note is stained with grease.

The gnoll also seem to notice it as he quickly withdraws his hand, and wipes it off with a napkin. "Erm, I am Bill by the way. Nice to meet you." He offers his hand for a second time.

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

"Pleasure." TTN states, shaking the hand gently. She didn't want to hurt the gnoll after all. "We have a bit of coin, but if it isn't enough I'm sure we have other ways of paying for the night." The BOLO says. She had hoped that the TRL name-drop would give them a bit of leeway with the price, but considering she didn't know how much it would have cost before, they could end up ripped off regardless and she wouldn't be the wiser. "How much would it be for a night and meals for one?"

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Ogre in the Playground

Tammy and Bill's Live Repair

Will gladly goes up and accepts the innkeep's fuzzy hand.
    "Will. And yeah, give us your price. I'm sure we can work something out." he says with a small smile.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #1084

"Standard price for staying in a inn." Bill replies, gesturing at the price-tag besides him which the two might have missed as it was hidden behind the potted plant.
    The price is more than affordable. "I think its a bit steep, considering, uh-" The gnoll seems to stop himself mid-sentence. "But, ah, gotta make a living, am I right?" He smiles nervously. "Of course, considering your line of work, we can probably arrange some discount if you are planning to stay here for a longer time." His eyes suddenly widens and he leans in closer. "Just, uh, don't mention that to Tammy. She's my sweetest gal, but her family- ah, nevermind. Just don't tell her about the discount."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-03-07 at 12:20 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Ogre in the Playground

"We'll pay full price tonight, do not fear. We would loathe to get you in trouble."
    TTN remarks, sounding slightly amused despite her monotone. "If we end up staying here for longer than a night however, I am certain that we can come to an arrangement." She points out before pausing for a moment, confused. "And I apologize for I had not mentioned it before. My name is Titania."

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

[Tammy and Bill's Live Repair]

Will digs through his wallet and pulls out some standard coins. "Scary in-laws, huh?" he asks with a grin. Judging from all the tiki masks and such, he can imagine the in-laws being scary indeed. Don't want to wake up with any bleeding pores or mysterious stab wounds.

7. - Top - End - #1087

"Great! I'll- uh, right." Bill grabs the bell located on the counter. "The in-laws aren't scary, but- well, very goblin-y." He pauses again, looking at the bell. "Don't be alarmed now but Tammy want to try out these things. They're just servants alright, not dangerous." He then rings the ball and in two puffs of smoke, a duo of creatures appear.

They giggle as Bill seems deeply uncomfortable with their presence. "Just hand them your stuff and they'll carry them up."

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

TTN would blink if she could, but she does give the innkeeper a glance before lowering her quite heavy bag down to the imps. "Our thanks. When will food be served?" She asks, giving William a small glance as well. After receiving the news, she'll follow the imps up provided that the structure can support her weight.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Will gasps. He didn't know summoning minions was so easy! Also a cross-species marriage, that's neat. He hands his suitcase to one of the imps with a stupid grin. He had the same question TTN had so he doesn't have anything to ask besides that.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Orc in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

The lighthouse is a tall spire built on the centre of a small, rocky islet, a rough oval in shape, a mile long and about three-quarters that wide. The lighthouse is built of massive slabs of basalt, but as is the wont of lighthouses, it has been painted with red and white stripes. The light itself is provided by a gigantic oil lamp, the light filtered through several magnifying lenses to make it more obvious. A small basalt boat house on the southern, more sheltered part of the islet is home to a pair of sturdy wooden rowing boats.

There's a sudden rumbling noise, and water spurts from around the edge of the islet, sudden geysers and waves as the small islet- the largest of the Crab Rocks- starts to shift and slide. One of the geysers erupts in the boathouse, smashing one of the boats into driftwood and ripping the other free of its mooring and sending it out into the sea. Legs emerge from beneath the island, and a pair of tubular eye-stalks stick from the water. The rocky islet isn't an island at all- it's a giant crab. (Which is hardly a surprise for anyone reading the location tag.)

A message is transmitted from the lighthouse, as a desperate lighthouse-keeper sends a plea for evacuation on his shipping radio. "Help! Please, anyone! This is the Crab Rocks Lighthouse, and I need evacuation as soon as possible! The lighthouse is built on a giant crab and it's going to sea! My boats are smashed, and I have no way off. I don't know if the crab's going to swim at the surface or walk along the seabed, please help me!"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Troll in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

A small, amber colored dragon is flying nearby, enjoying the sea air, when he sees the lighthouse moving. Erasmus von Hattenheim II flies toward the moving island as quickly as he can. The little drake flies to the door of the lighthouse and knocks. " 'ello? Anyone in there?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Orc in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

The door isn't answered immediately, as it's a tower and the radio the keeper is transmitting from is higher up the building. But it's not too long before the door opens, revealing a tall half-orc wearing a cork life-jacket over a fisherman's suit of heavy-looking dirty white oilcloth. He's carrying a hastily-packed rucksack and a flintlock rifle with a long sword-bayonet fixed to the barrel. "Ah, hello! Did you hear my radio message? I wasn't expecting anyone to arrive so quickly. Um, are you safe?"

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Troll in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse
    "I was jus' wonderin' if choo needed 'elp, guv, seein' as choore light'ouse is movin'" Erasmus does not seem surprised by the half orc's gun. It seems logical that someone who's island started moving would arm themselves.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-03-18 at 02:08 PM.

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Orc in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

"Ah, thank you. I should probably turn off the radio- I don't want anyone to risk themselves to save somebody who is no longer here. I think I've got time." He's a little unsettled by the accent- it's little old-fashioned, like he's copying the characters in the film Oliver Twist, from the 1940s.

With that, he'll head back upstairs to announce an all-clear and turn off the looping message.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

When the lighthouse keeper returns, the little dragon who answered the door is now the size of an ogre. " 'op on and we can get'choo tew safety." He gestures to his back, as if he wants the half-orc to ride.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Orc in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

The half-orc is a little disconcerted by the drake's sudden growth, but will climb on regardless. "Thank you, good sir. Um, I think. I've not met a dragon before." And whilst Erasmus might sound masculine, he's a dragon, and without the more obvious signs of gender that many humanoids possess.

The lighthouse-keeper has silver eyes and a pale yellow-ish orange skin, and dark blue hair to his shoulders.

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Troll in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

"I'm Erasmus von 'atten'eim the second, a'choor service guv. Who are choo?" The no longer little dragon takes to the air with a jolt, then circles around to watch the crab.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Orc in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

"My name is Aethelstane Grimskull, Keeper of Crab Rock Light. Except, um, the light was built on the back of a gigantic crab. There's big crabs in the rocks, giant ones that reach six or even seven feet across, but I'd never had thought one could get so big. The lighthouse was built a hundred years ago; what woke it now?" It's curious, but probably doesn't matter too much. After over a century of sleeping, it's probably pretty well rested.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Troll in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

"I don't know what woke choor crab, want to take a look around and find out?" Erasmus hovers in midair, waiting for Aethelstane's answer.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Orc in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

"I'd rather we go land somewhere, please. I've not flown before, and I don't think I like it." And it's always possible it's awoken because of something it's very hard to identify from the air or in general. Maybe it's going into deeper waters to find a mate. Or maybe it senses the next ice age will cause the sea here will freeze, and wants a century's head start to avoid the cold.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Troll in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse
    "Alright then. Where'd choo like tew go?" Erasmus continues to hover.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-03-18 at 04:35 PM.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Orc in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse

"Down. Anywhere down. And, uh, the quicker the better. I'm feeling a bit queasy." It's a mix of the movement, the height, and the fact he has no agency to direct the movement. There's a coast in Seaside, or it could go Outside.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Troll in the Playground

Crab Rock Lighthouse-> Coast.

Erasmus lands on the coast, allowing his passenger to dismount. "There choo go."

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Orc in the Playground

Coast

"Thank you, sir. I really needed that escape- the crab's movement smashed my boathouse." Hence why he needed the radio message.

The crab continues heading to sea, though here the water is shallow enough and the crab large enough that the waves are only just lapping at the door. The light is still on, but it won't survive the ocean.

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Troll in the Playground

Shore

He doesn't show it, but Erasmus was as uncomfortable carrying a rider as the half orc was riding him. "Choo're welcome. What choo going tew do now that choor light'ouse is gone?"

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Orc in the Playground

Shore

"Well, there's several options, really. I've lived by the sea all my life. I could easily become a sailor- I've worked with rowboats, sail boats and some steamers, so I've got experience. Or I could go to the village down there, and join the coast guard. Help save people who get in trouble at sea, attack pirate bases before they get too established, and so on. Or I could find another lighthouse and work there. If it's already got somebody, that's OK. They won't mind somebody to talk to. It can be lonely. Or I might become a monk, meditate on the mysteries of the world and such. The world is my lobster." He points down the coast to where the village lies, though it's probably at least a day's walking away. Lighthouses are usually pretty isolated.

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Troll in the Playground

Coast
    "Best of luck t'choo." Erasmus releases the magic enlarging him, shrinking back to his normal size, close to that of a small dog.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #1108

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post

TTN would blink if she could, but she does give the innkeeper a glance before lowering her quite heavy bag down to the imps. "Our thanks. When will food be served?" She asks, giving William a small glance as well. After receiving the news, she'll follow the imps up provided that the structure can support her weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post

Will gasps. He didn't know summoning minions was so easy! Also a cross-species marriage, that's neat. He hands his suitcase to one of the imps with a stupid grin. He had the same question TTN had so he doesn't have anything to ask besides that.

The imps accept what is handed to them with strange ease, especially for creatures that aren't much larger than than the bags they're now carrying. That is not to say carrying them is easy, two of the imps have to carry the heavier bag together will the last one carries the suitcase on its own. They struggle with the baggage at first, but then take off running.

Bills gaze lingers on the imps, but he eventually turn to face Titania. "Erm... food... do you have any special requirements?" But before they can answer, or follow the imps up in the room, a loud siren can suddenly be heard outside.

WEEOOOOEOEOOOOOEOOOOEOOOEOOOOEOOOOOOEOOOOOEOOOO!!!

"Not again..." Bill barely audible groans as he slumps down in his chair. "Don't panic, its just a false alarm."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-03-24 at 08:46 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, I don't require anything special."
    TTN remarks before looking towards the exit when the siren goes off. She's quiet for a moment, trying to decide if this was really a good idea, but she doesn't take Will and leave just yet. "...a false alarm for what precisely?" She asks.

Raider's Cove

The trip on The Porkchop Express from Inside to a small island took a few hours, quite uncomfortable for those the raiders had kidnapped, but the in time the large barge pulls up to a well built dock and the trucks are offloaded. The raiders drive for just a mile or so until they get to the center of the jungle that awaits inland. Brokenfang, having been one of the first to depart on an assault bike, awaits. The Wolfen Alpha frowns at the missing truck, having already been informed about it, Prince, and what the driver had told the angelic interloper. She would have to prepare a welcoming party for when the angel decided to visit. Even so, she stands by with a clip board and begins checking off the spoils. "Two industrial fabricators, two hundred liters of fuel, several bags of assorted money, one ton of raw assorted metals, one and a half tons of fresh fruit and vegetables, one ton of fresh and preserved meat, one crate of pets, one half-ton of bread..." She mutters before peering inside a box. "Get this to Dru. She'll get these potions and enchanted items sorted. And the medical supplies too." She adds when she peers inside the next crate. When it's hauled off, she gestures for the final truck to approach and open up. Pity that the truck heading for the weapons got intercepted, but perhaps that shall work out regardless.

Without her armor on, the stench of unwashed bodies hits her like the truck they had been delivered in. The Wolfen's muzzle would twist into a grimace if part of it wasn't already missing and exposing her fang. A smaller man steps close with a pair of aides as the raiders begin pulling the people from the truck. "Listen up! From this point on, your lives as you knew them are over!" She explains as the man and aides begin checking each person over for health issues, signs of drug use, mutation, and disease. "We care not who you were or who you claim to be, but tomorrow in the morn', you shall all give us a name to call you by. Tonight, we are going to delouse you, shave your head and body of all hair, and set everything into motion to treat you for any condition you have. Do not mistake this as kindness." She growls, easily standing over those taken by several feet. After a moment though, she gives a snort.

"Even if you take pride in your hair and fur, we will never allow another outbreak of lice here. Once was enough, and for that everyone suffers the same treatment." She explains. "As for drugs, be honest. You're not going to get any more of whatever you are on, and we have to know how to treat you when you go into withdrawal. Do not tough it out for it is not a weakness to show this." She adds softly and soothingly. "For three weeks you shall be kept separate from the population of this town. You shall be bathed, fed, watered, medicated should you need it, and clothed. You will even have your own bed and blankets. After that time, I shall assign each and every one of you a role here. Do well, you get promoted. Do not and you shall stay in place. You are not mere slaves. You are now members of my Scourge, and as such will be able to receive shares of spoils dependent upon your role. That'll be it for now though. Welcome to Raider's Cove." She says, stepping aside and gesturing at the tiny village behind her.

The buildings are all wooden in construction with materials taken from the jungle around it, with an obvious barracks for some of the raiders but small houses built for families as well. There's a small school under a rocky overhang from the cliff the outpost is built next to, and several large pillars reach up out of the ground to curve gently into the air above it all to provide a bit more shelter from above for the construction. A fenced in area is set aside for all those taken, guarded, and there's another fenced in area for all of the vehicles to go into next to a garage.

The entire settlement is surrounded by a tall wooden palisade with several watchtowers keeping an eye upon the surrounding jungle. It wouldn't be an easy place to storm or escape from, but it could be done if one was careful.

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't think Titania eats anything..." Will says quietly. Doesn't she just have a battery they'd need to charge in like, years?

He flinches at the siren, and it's probably good that he hid his gun in his bag, though that doesn't mean his living hand doesn't instinctively move towards his metal one.
    "The heck is that?" he asks.