New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

BEACH PARTY!

"I still don't understand, why did you want to come here?" Magtok asks, feeling terribly out of place as he approaches the beach party. This isn't the first time he's been dragged out to one of these things, but at least there was a cute goddess dragging him along last time. Needs is many things, but a catgirl paramour is not one of them.

"It́͠'̕͏̧s l̢i̷͢k̕e͏ po̶et̸͝r̨̀y;̧ ̷̵͞i͢͏t̵͞ ́r̕h̵y̸̛͢m͏́̀e͝s̢̡͠,͏̶" the sorcerer cyborg explains. The two are both dressed in suitable attire for a beach party, but Needs, as is typical with the MagClone, has still found a way to be all wrong. Magtok is sensibly dressed in a white tee and purple swim trunks. Needs is garbed in a mustard yellow sun dress, a floppy straw hat, and socks with sandals, because we can't have nice things in this world.

"A George Lucas quote, cute. Still doesn't answer my question, though. Why here? Hell, why even talk me into coming back to the Nexus? My name doesn't have half the weight it used to, these aren't my people anymore."

"You don't like that? You consider that liberating? Nobody's making you carry all that old baggage, brother. Cessie isn't muttering to herself about that mischievous chrome-faced scoundrel. DC isn't preparing countermeasures for your inevitable plot to take over the world. Wenomir isn't thinking about burying a sword in your throat to save us all the trouble of dealing with your spectacle and egotism. The MagCave doesn't have an active thread. You're a nobody now, Magtok. You can do whatever you want again!"

"That's why we're attending a beach party?"

"No, that's why you're back in the Nexus. We're at the beach because I need to harvest nostalgia for my ritual. Think about catapults, Dionysian liquor, and white sand for me, please. Ice cream and irritating prehistoric species." In the palm of Need's black, chitinous left hand rests a little pale blue cube, bordered and etched in gold. This cube has a secret meaning, an unknown purpose. It could be a mere bauble, a child's Thanksmas toy, or there could be dark lore beyond man's earthly comprehension within. It could mean everything, it could change the world, or it could be entirely worthless trash mass-produced in a factory. Who knows? In short, this cube is a tantalizing enigma, one so cunningly hidden that, even now, years later, Needs can scarcely seem to comprehend what its secrets might be. How does it open? Can it open? What was the purpose of this gift?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party

Addendum

Upon seeing Magtok, here, Ellrin becomes fully alert, the drink he just ordered forgotten for now. He was just trying to talk to this guy, but a rhino angel stopped him. He did pull a weapon on Needs, hopefully Magtok isn't still angry about that. Ellrin elects to watch for an opening without approaching the cyborgs.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #1173

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [BEACH PARTY! - Washed Up]

The bald armored woman gets up from the ground, sweeping some sand off her. She survived the shipwreck, by the grace of Daana'd, but now she has no idea where she is or if there's any people around... well, looks like they are. An entire gathering, at that, so she can't be far from civilization. But before she wanders into a crowd of celebrating strangers, let's speak to the woman with a flying beast.

"Hail, stranger," she calls out, approaching the rider. "You seem to have arrived here in a more fortunate manner than I."
    The rider's head whips around to see the other person here. Initially, she tenses up, but she's quick to relax once she realizes she's not here for trouble, and she sees just how soaked she is. "Spirits above, did you wash up from the ocean? How do you still live?" The wyvern glances in her direction as well, sniffing at her a few times.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[BEACH PARTY!]

The cat at the fruit bar spears a piece of apple, daintily nibbling pieces of it off as it stares off towards the wyvern on the beach.
    It's tail flicks in contemplation.

After a few moments, the gaze moves towards the bar and the gathering of individuals there.
    Another tail flick, another nibble of apple.

Two of the Magtoks arrive, another shift of the gaze.
    Another nibble of apple, another tail flick.

The apple is finished.
    The gazing continues.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

5. - Top - End - #1175

BEACH PARTY!

"What's your ritual even meant to accomplish? Can't you mine your own nostalg-" Wow, rude. Needs isn't even there anymore when Magtok turns around. Somehow he's halfway across the beach already, working on...is it supposed to be a sand castle? It's too soon to tell, but I'm expecting the worst. Maybe some sort of mystical ritual circle, maybe a scale model of Riverside, a giant, flesh-eating sandshark...we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

"Stupid wizardy shenanigans. Don't even know what catapults have to do with nostalgia..." he grumbles, turning towards the bar to grab a drink, and wonder how things got so completely backwards, with Needs making the decisions and leading the way. Has he been going soft? Taking it easy on his clone brother, now that the cyborg sorcerer supreme can speak in complete sentences? We're supposed to be the sane, decisive one, not him! He orders some fruity drink, mostly because it's the only one he can recognize that won't turn him into a goat or rot his flimsy human organs from the inside-out. How oddly convenient for Ellrin, though! The cyborg came to him! He's clearly too lost in his own whiny, cranky, self-absorbed world to recognize the blue man, though. The cat doesn't ring any bells either, but that's mostly because it's not talking or stealing or attempting to destroy the entire world. The cats Magtok knew were always involved in at least one of those three things.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2018-06-17 at 11:52 PM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Orc in the Playground

BEACH PARTY!

When Magtok arrives at the bar, he will realize only too late that he is in imminent danger of being elved.

MAGTOK!

Felandria goes in for the hug.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party]

Ilpholin arrives here, all geared up in her itsy bitsy teeny weeny... red bikini. She would insist that it simply has to be that small to avoid oversized tan lines. Seeing as how she immediately goes for a bright spot on the beach to lay out a towel, her claim does seem to have a little merit. The fair skinned, purple haired nymph spends the next few minutes working on getting properly lotioned up.

There are a lot of shorts here! Butler the shirtless catboy butler should fit right in with his shorts. These are swim trunk shorts though, so that's how you know he's off duty instead of butlering. They aren't normal shorts. Regardless, he heads to the bar and orders a Nuka-Cola.

Magtok may find himself pounced upon. In particular a small blue cat seems to have fallen from the sky and attempted to land on Magtok's head. No claws necessary at least. If it works, Reinholdt will lean forward so his upside down face is staring right into Magtok's. "Well, well, WELLLLLL, if it isn't my arch-nemesis back from the deadtime. Lord Martok." You just know the annoying cat is saying Magtok's name wrong on purpose. "Did you at least remember to get me a souvenir?"
    Is Rein serious? Does he actually hope Magtok remembered him enough to get him a present from wherever Mag was off to? What sort of arch-nemesis relationship does he think he has here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party

Crud. Just when Ellrin thought he had an opening, not one, but two people showed up to talk to Magtok. He goes for it anyway. "Ahem. Hello Magtok, sorry about what happened earlier."
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-06-18 at 03:46 AM.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Raider's Cove

Something Ithuriel says seems to have caught Brokenfang's attention as her ears perk up for a moment and she gets a considerably contemplative look to her face. She almost seems to ignore the angel for a few long seconds as she stares off at nothing in particular and mulls over some things. After a bit, she nods and stands back up. "I am willing to change how I run some things, but it's going to require you to put your money where your mouth is." Brokenfang says, just using the metaphor as a metaphor instead of an insult. "Come this way and we'll get you out of this jungle heat, and then we'll talk."

She'll lead the angel into the large building right next to the holding area and through a back door that leads directly to a stairway up. The Wolfen takes the stairs two at a time, and as soon as they get up to a hallway on the second floor she makes a right, opens the door, and leads the angel into what looks like a study. The AC is pumping, keeping the humidity and heat out of the room to better keep all the maps, scrolls, books, and papers from molding in the tropical air. There's a large hammock strung up along a wall, as well as a massive table in the middle. The air was probably freezing to most who are used to the tropical air, but at least it was likely more comfortable for both Ithuriel and Brokenfang.

"We're a raiding society because, ultimately, we enjoy the thrill. Some of us, including myself, feed off of it. A fair number of us are not good people and we do not bother hiding the fact. It is what it is, and we will be what we will be." She explains as she pulls a large book out and opens it up to pull out a bottle of booze and a pair of glasses. "The soil on this island is far too poor for farming, and while it is rich in minerals and metals, getting to them is an issue because of the local wildlife. Instead, I and others, raid. But we also provide some measure of protection from pirates for other islands and in return the goblin and gnoll farmers and fishers drop off fresh produce and fish in return for us keeping this area safe." She explains before pouring out a couple fingers worth of alcohol for each of them and takes a sip herself to prove that it is safe.

"As such, there are few other avenues of life for us unless we decide to move into a more civilized area, but most of us relish the freedom we have out here. I already said that we know how precarious our position out here is compared to Inside, and perhaps you fear that we might attack the city once more, but we've already gotten what we've wanted. All other things aside, those two Fabbers were the primary target, and while I'm willing to make amends for other things, those two aren't being returned." She says before taking another sip. "Even if we make a deal, those two things are staying right here. But, if you help me, I can use the fabbers to pay back their weight in precious metals and material in time. There are two things I want. One which will forge a healthy relationship with Inside if that is your wish, and another which I'm certain will meet your own desires and duty a bit more, Angel of Second Chances."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [The Crystal Apex]

The heads starts to circle one another in unison, uttering words, whispers in demon tongue which is lost even to Damon. Below, he can see the demons working the mine all stop and stare up, as if lost in daydreams.
    Then the lower pillar shakes and animates, turning into a tail as it releases itself from its foundation. The "temple" raising into the air as the heads turn to look around, their eyes taking on different colors.

Jaccalish, meanwhile, is perfectly quiet as Damon curses. He can feel the demon closely observing everything going on through his eyes. Not particularly interested in the Zern's rage at the moment. It is quick to reply at his request however. Difficult. Its sensing your presence. I could misdirect it though. But... ah, grab on to that fiend in white down there. I'll get you inside it, but you won't have long. Damon can feel his own attention being directed at a pit fiend in a white armor that seems to be of some importance considering how close it stands to the temple. It even seem to have its own body guards.
    [Raider's Cove]

Ithuriel follows along, paying close attention as Brokenfang explains the situation. She takes the glass offered to her and sniffs it curiously, taking a very small sip. She's not concerned about being poisoned - angels are pretty good at dealing with that, and she doubts Brokenfang would have planned out anything this convoluted and put special anti-divine poison in the bottle. It's more that she half-suspects their tastes in drink might not align. She can't hide a small frown at Brokenfang's mention that the fabbers are not getting returned under any circumstances, but she avoids making any remarks until she's heard her out.

It's difficult. Though she very deliberately isn't here as an Intersection Officer right now, theft is still theft. Still, this definitely falls more on the "diplomatic incident" side of things which makes it a lot easier for her to reconcile her angelic duties with her duties to Inside. Can't go arresting the leaders of foreign city-states or, well, town-states or maybe village-states, can she? She's not a member of Nexus Interpol after all.

"What counts as a good person is very...subjective. Like I said, I think it is a good thing to give people an opportunity here who are struggling to find one in Inside. It's just your execution I have issue with. I suppose if you're willing to compensate Inside for the fabbers in time, there's probably a way to work this out. What do you have in mind?"

[The Crystal Apex]

Get me inside it? What? Damon is confused. He eats demons (after carefully cooking them down into ash), he doesn't go inside them! How does that even work?

Still, there's a big float-y demon-temple that, if Jaccalish is to be believed, can sense him. That definitely counts as a bad thing. So Damon works on quickly making his way to a position primed to leap down onto said fiend. Pit fiends. Blech. That's the sort of demon that Damon would be very hesitant to try and take on in a straight fight, let alone one with guards and everything else that's going on around him. What are you doing to do? How does this work? Do I just leap at him?

[Somewhere near the Beach Party but conveniently out of sight]

Something rather large descends from the sky, swooping in to land safely out of sight from the party.

[BEACH PARTY!]

A few minutes later, from roughly the same direction, Lucy strolls over a sand dune to join the party! The somewhat elf-like lady with short green hair has traded in her usual mesmerising metallic dress for an equally mesmerising metallic bikini. One has to assume there's a layer of fabric underneath those finely woven strands of metal, otherwise that'd be increeedibly uncomfortable. Still, the effect is quite eye-catching as sunlight dances across the outfit, the light revealing a myriad of subtle colours have been woven into the overally design. Though predominantly formed from copper, there's layers of gold and brass as well as some less familiar metals mixed in. With the relatively limited work-space available, the effect has instead been achieved by, well, adding a degree of "depth" to the bikini top with a simpler design for the bottom.

Less subtle would be the rather substantial emerald green tattoo across her back. Much like the hidden flowing designs of colour through her metal clothing, the pattern on her back seems to almost flow like a river, the catch of sunlight upon it drawing out the occasional flash of blue and silver amidst the river of green. A particularly keen eye might even notice that there seem to be words worked into the design written in a draconic language and- huh. The words almost seem to be actively following the flow of the river, periodically getting broken up and reforming into different words in the process. How strange.

Not being familiar with anyone at the party (but word of a kickass beach party spreads fast!) she decides to make her way to the bar to pick up an appropriately fruity cocktail for now and waits for an opportunity to mingle.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [BEACH PARTY!]

Electra wanders in, having heard rumors at MERC about there being some sort of beach party and associated shenanigans going down. She's wearing a bikini with a slightly different cut than the norm, and spots Fayyaad right off the bat, waving at the tiefling before making her way over to him.

"Things just getting started?" She asks with a wry grin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [BEACH PARTY!]

"Hey Electra," Fayyaad says cheerfully. "Seems that way. It shouldn't take long for things to pick up, though. I do love beach parties. I must remember to organize some once I'm back home."

Wenomir can be dragged to the bar, if perhaps not literally.

"I'm keeping an eye on a student of mine. His uncle couldn't make it," he says. "This usually isn't my kind of party."
    [BEACH PARTY!]

"Oh. Hi Electra," says Cass, somewhat tepidly. She gives Electra a quick glance - or at least, what might have originally intended to have been one, before getting lost somewhere in Electra's bikini. "Let's go get drinks."

"Well, I needed to find some way to sneak you out of the command center," says Kal, handing Wenomir his drink. "Not everything can be mission reports and demonic doom. Who knows, you might accidentally have a bit of fun."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [BEACH PARTY!]

Cass is there too, having been pulled along by Fayyaad (not that she's complaining, really, it's just something she probably wouldn't have gone to on her own). She might be wearing a bikini too, but over it she's also wearing a pair of shorts and a tanktop, as well as wrappings around both arms, going up to just above the elbow.

Asterios approaches the other minotaur, all beefy and shirtless-like, though just how criminally insufficient his beachwear is is probably hidden by the bar itself.
    "Anything I can get for you, miss?"

Kal is hanging around somewhere, wearing a pair of black swim briefs, which, while not as undersized as the bartender's, certainly are flattering enough, especially with the mesh cutouts on the sides. Once Wenomir shows up, he'll go over immediately with a loud and exuberant greeting, attempting to drag (literally, if he has to) the Vigil commander over towards the bar.
    "Heya commander! Glad you could make it!
    [Beach Party]

Kray has had her suspicions for a while regarding what exactly has been done to her in this last week. It’s simple to notice when you can’t look at someone in quite the same way.
    But it’s much harder to notice other things, when they’re much rarer. Minotaurs aren’t exactly common. And this specimen is, well, he’s certainly in the right place. Kray finds herself staring, and she can’t directly blame a fairy for this one.
    ”I dunno, something strong?” she says idly, looking at something around eye level.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party

Lucy may notice an amber dragon the size of a small dog watching her and reading her tattoo. Eventually, he flies up to the bar to speak with her. "That's an interesting tattoo. Where'd choo get it?"

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

[BEACH PARTY!]

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    The rider's head whips around to see the other person here. Initially, she tenses up, but she's quick to relax once she realizes she's not here for trouble, and she sees just how soaked she is. "Spirits above, did you wash up from the ocean? How do you still live?" The wyvern glances in her direction as well, sniffing at her a few times.
    The woman is taken aback, though she doesn't show it. Does this stranger not recognize a Dragon-Blooded? She didn't sail so far as to leave the Realm's sphere of influence completely, did she? But maybe she's a traveller from a far-away land. The monk folds her arms across her chest and gives a curt bow.

"The children of Daana'd don't drown easily. My ship was destroyed, but I survived by the grace of the Dragons. I am Calm Reed, a monk of the Immaculate Order. Can you tell me what land I found myself in?"

"Maybe some fun will be had by accident, yes," Wenomir says, taking his drink. "But a real challenge would be to get Cessie to come to one of those."
    Last edited by Morty; 2018-06-18 at 02:03 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[BEACH PARTY!]

Electra smiles at Fayyaad and nods at both he and Cassandra.

"Hi, Cassandra. A drink sounds like an excellent idea." She leads the way to the bar, giving Cass a chance to ogle her bottom, if the sorceress is so inclined. Her long hair is tied back in a very thick braided ponytail, which will make things easier for all involved. She did note the elf getting distracted by her bikini, but wisely decided not to react to it. Cass seems to be able to consistently surprise her, but perhaps some drink will get her to loosen up a little.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

15. - Top - End - #1185

BEACH PARTY!

The rider bows her head toward the woman as well, in a similar greeting. "I am Faudre, dragon rider of the Chagur tribe. I'm... afraid I couldn't tell you where you are. Haar and I have been flying for days, and we have only glimpses of societies, and nothing of our home." She looks towards, Haar, then sets about removing her bags again. "You traveled by ship? Were you with the southerners? I've never seen one like you."

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Beach Party

Lucy may notice an amber dragon the size of a small dog watching her and reading her tattoo. Eventually, he flies up to the bar to speak with her. "That's an interesting tattoo. Where'd choo get it?"
    [Beach Party]

The words on the tattoo seem to mostly be gibberish. Looks like it might take quite a while for them to form into an actual sentence.

Lucy sips her drink and peers at the dragon, then back at the drink. She concludes there's no way the drink can be that strong so this little dragon with a particularly strong accent must be real. "O-oh, uh, hi! I just kind of felt like having a tattoo, that's all."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

17. - Top - End - #1187

BEACH PARTY!

Oh god. The elf and the cat. They're both still here, after all this time? Still here and enthusiastically greeting Magtok, directly contradicting everything Needs said about the cyborg being a nameless nobody again? Blegh, what was the point of vanishing for so long if Reinholdt's still going to be here when we get back? The least that stupid blue cat could've done was find a big open flame to be engulfed within. He owes us that much. The elf giantess, on the other hand, should've made some friends since the last time Magtok left. I mean, anyone that enthusiastic about Lord 'Feigned Enthusiasm and Begrudging Tolerance' Magtok returning from deadtime really ought to think about the people they associate with, and find some friends who actually enjoy having them around. Instead they both physically latch onto him immediately with their gross, disgusting, elf and/or cat bodies. Blegh.

"Felandria. Reinholdt. Blue Man Group. Hi, die in a fire, and it's no big deal, happens to plenty of Nexus beginners, in that order. Kindly detach yourselves from me so that I might ask how you've been, present you with your souvenir, and ask what you intended to talk to me about in Inside, respectively. Failure on anyone's part to comply with my simple request for space will result in me taking a trip to the fruit buffet to see if they can fit an entire live cat in their blender." Huh, that's new. He's threatening to kill Reinholdt, instead of just immediately killing the cat on sight. He's also offering a souvenir of some kind, really? I mean, it's probably just a punch in the face, but still! What happened to the cyborg all this time he's been away?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Orc in the Playground

BEACH PARTY!

Oh god. The elf and the cat. They're both still here, after all this time? Still here and enthusiastically greeting Magtok, directly contradicting everything Needs said about the cyborg being a nameless nobody again? Blegh, what was the point of vanishing for so long if Reinholdt's still going to be here when we get back? The least that stupid blue cat could've done was find a big open flame to be engulfed within. He owes us that much. The elf giantess, on the other hand, should've made some friends since the last time Magtok left. I mean, anyone that enthusiastic about Lord 'Feigned Enthusiasm and Begrudging Tolerance' Magtok returning from deadtime really ought to think about the people they associate with, and find some friends who actually enjoy having them around. Instead they both physically latch onto him immediately with their gross, disgusting, elf and/or cat bodies. Blegh.

"Felandria. Reinholdt. Blue Man Group. Hi, die in a fire, and it's no big deal, happens to plenty of Nexus beginners, in that order. Kindly detach yourselves from me so that I might ask how you've been, present you with your souvenir, and ask what you intended to talk to me about in Inside, respectively. Failure on anyone's part to comply with my simple request for space will result in me taking a trip to the fruit buffet to see if they can fit an entire live cat in their blender." Huh, that's new. He's threatening to kill Reinholdt, instead of just immediately killing the cat on sight. He's also offering a souvenir of some kind, really? I mean, it's probably just a punch in the face, but still! What happened to the cyborg all this time he's been away?
    Felandria releases Magtok but makes herself available to Reinholdt so he can sit on her head instead.

I’m so glad to see you’re well, how are things?

And Reinholdt, how is everything with you?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Titan in the Playground

[BEACH PARTY! - Bar]

Fayyaad is certainly not above looking down at Electra's rear himself as she leads the way to the bar, but he also glances over at Cassandra. He's not sure if she was really looking at Electra the way he thought she was, but it might be worth paying attention to.

"Don't worry about taking a while to pick, either," he says. "The bartender is very... accommodating."

[BEACH PARTY - Shore]

"I don't know what you mean by 'southerners'," Calm Reed says. "But I suspect the answer is no. I was sailing with a handful of mortal monks on a mission to a recently-discovered island, but we were caught in the worst storm I'd ever seen. I doubt the others made it." She sighs.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #1190

[The Crystal Apex]

It's going to gate that soldier into itself. You can be along for the ride. Jaccalish explains briefly.

The heads now turn to look around, clearly searching for something above the mine. That's the point where Damons can feel a second demonic presence. Familiar to the one in his head right now, yet also so very different.

While Jaccalish presence could be described as subtle and deceptive, only really being picked up when the demon lord wanted it to, this is the polar opposite of that.

The presence is overwhelming several of his senses at once. Its like an constant explosion, deafening and blinding at the same time to the point that Damon will feel that he should close his eyes and cover his ears, despite the fact that no sound or light is actually being emitted. His heart rate might also increase as besides feeling too intense for his ears and eyes, its also making him feel stressed and mentally exhausted, like that toxic type of people that seem to have an aura around them which makes everyone else feel bad at their expense. On top of that it feels like the air around him is suddenly heavier, as if gravity itself had increased, making it more difficult to move and causing him to feel sluggish.

This intense feeling could be explained by the fact it feels like a whole crowd instead of one being, all suddenly speaking in barely comprehensible unison within his mind.

Familiar!

The rest of the demons down in the mine just have eyes for the "temple", following it with their gaze as the five heads scans the surroundings.

BEACH PARTY!

Suddenly the shark closes in on the beach and with a push it launches itself out of the water.

This white shark looks peculiar in that its eyes are ember-colored and glowing, while the part of it that should be dark grey is a shade of teal. It appears like the shark is actually going to land on the beach when its enveloped by a green glow and as it fades a tall purple-skinned woman lands on all fours in the sands instead. She is dressed in a tight blue bikini piece with a necklace.
    But as she lands, her amber eyes, same as the sharks, narrows and her body winces when she makes contact with the sand, gliding a few meters before she finally stops and slowly starts getting up. "Wooo! You guys saw that landing?!" She shouts to no one in particular as she starts brushing sand off her knees.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party - Bar]

Reinholdt doesn't really need head. He prefers lazing on roofs than people. But Felandria's offer is appreciated.

"You know, some day, when I do die in that fire you're going to be horribly disappointed at the ironic twist." Rein leaves Magtok with that foreshadowing as he leaps off the cyborg's head and onto the sand. He takes a moment to lick his paws while curiously watching Mag to see what he plans to offer. Magtok was acting a little different, but weren't they all at this point?

"I'm doing well Felandria. Still working on business, but things have been temporarily slowed. They'll pick up again. Always do." Mostly delayed because of external pressures over his own laziness. For once.

[Beach Party - Shore]

There is a small clap for the landing purple shark elf creature as Ilpholin gives the performance a 4 and a half out of 5. "I did indeed. Very impressive," Ilpholin states, pushing her sunglasses up a bit to get a better look at Anika. What sunglasses you ask? Clearly she always had them. I mean she is hear to sunbathe after all. Hasn't yet gotten to the laying down and blocking out all outside noise to bask in the warmth of the sun part though. "Do you frequently jump the shark? That looks like it took practice."
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [beach party!]

"What's your ritual even meant to accomplish? Can't you mine your own nostalg-" Wow, rude. Needs isn't even there anymore when Magtok turns around. Somehow he's halfway across the beach already, working on...is it supposed to be a sand castle? It's too soon to tell, but I'm expecting the worst. Maybe some sort of mystical ritual circle, maybe a scale model of Riverside, a giant, flesh-eating sandshark...we'll just have to wait and see, I suppose.
    "You're wearing socks and shoes to the beach. But that's quite a sand-castle. Do you want some help?"
    After all, two people together can make much better sand-art than two working separately. Honeysuckle can't tell that the shoes are specifically sandals, or that the sun-dress doesn't suit Needs at all. Perhaps if she could she wouldn't have tried speaking to someone so strange.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #1193

[Beach Party - Shore]

The elf bows deeply before Ilpholin. "Experience, not training. There's a difference." She claims with a toothy grin, displaying her sharp canines. "Been forced to do this plenty, the landing is new though, sand is a lot rougher than water. Still, pain is the greatest teacher, am I right?"" She gestures at her scraped knees, also displaying the fact her hands also got some scraps from that landing.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

[BEACH PARTY! - Bar]

Unfortunately, Fayyaad will not catch Cass staring at Electra's butt. It might be because she learned to be discreet. Or maybe what Electra and Fayyaad thought was her staring earlier was actually just a trick of the light. Or maybe because there's other people at the bar stealing up all her attention.
    "Oh. I've seen him before - he works at the fancy orc place in Riverside." says Cass, a dark flush coloring her cheeks as she notices the bartender in question. "Uh... I think sangria for me."

((i'll post for other scenes later - exhausted now z_z))
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Shadevale

Ambrosia couldn't really consider her research of uttermost importance as she didn't even know what questions to ask yet. Yet, it still had to be done. Undead dragons were one of the few types she hadn't had a chance to see yet. "Surely there is at least books about her in your library? Or at least tourist pamphlets." The scholar suggests. She would need to know more about this 'queen' before she could properly approach her. Dragons usually prioritized their own kin, but one could never be too sure.

Tammy and Bill's Live Repair

Sargera listens attentively as Titania explains. "And how much do you weight?" She smiles without showing teeth. "Unless that is a sensitive subject?"
    Shadevale

Hubert looks like he's about to answer, slightly annoyed by the question since most visitors would have moved on, but a deeper voice cuts him off. "I have it from here, Hubert. She's with me." Ambrosia will recognize the voice, but the other two won't. A pale man with dark black hair steps out from the fog, wearing a black leather duster covered in patchwork plates of metal and composite that forms his armor. It looked almost Lorica in design, laying over the coat he wore. A short blade is easily glimpsed within his coat at his waist, and he carries a lantern buckler on his left arm. He looked human thankfully. At least, he would if he weren't carrying his head in his right hand. Without losing a step he places his head back upon his neck. "Admittedly, I had expected Sir Lightblade and the little quick one to be with you, not others." The Dullahan says, looking the trio over. An aura of vile menace seems to pour out from the man, pooling in thicker fog at his feet, but a moment of concentration upon his features and it mostly fades away.

He reaches out to the three, offering his unshielded hand. "Theo Manhurst, Captain of the Guard. If your guards are mercenaries, I'd love to borrow them sometime as trouble is afoot. But as it is, I heard that you are wanting to learn more about the Queen?" He asks.

Tammy and Bill's Live Repair

"No, it isn't too personal. I find such questions perfectly reasonable. I weigh nearly two tons. It is why I was concerned about whether or not the floorboards above us would hold my mass." Titania explains. "Why do you ask?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Raider's Cove]

Ithuriel follows along, paying close attention as Brokenfang explains the situation. She takes the glass offered to her and sniffs it curiously, taking a very small sip. She's not concerned about being poisoned - angels are pretty good at dealing with that, and she doubts Brokenfang would have planned out anything this convoluted and put special anti-divine poison in the bottle. It's more that she half-suspects their tastes in drink might not align. She can't hide a small frown at Brokenfang's mention that the fabbers are not getting returned under any circumstances, but she avoids making any remarks until she's heard her out.

It's difficult. Though she very deliberately isn't here as an Intersection Officer right now, theft is still theft. Still, this definitely falls more on the "diplomatic incident" side of things which makes it a lot easier for her to reconcile her angelic duties with her duties to Inside. Can't go arresting the leaders of foreign city-states or, well, town-states or maybe village-states, can she? She's not a member of Nexus Interpol after all.

"What counts as a good person is very...subjective. Like I said, I think it is a good thing to give people an opportunity here who are struggling to find one in Inside. It's just your execution I have issue with. I suppose if you're willing to compensate Inside for the fabbers in time, there's probably a way to work this out. What do you have in mind?"
    Raider's Cove

"What I would like from Inside or Intersection is fairly simple in concept. I would like a Letter of Marque. If you don't know what that is, it would essentially turn us into Privateers for Inside."
    Brokenfang explains, taking a sip of her alcohol awkwardly from the side of her muzzle where her flesh wasn't torn. "We would become sanctioned to strike at those who target Inside, likely other bandits or raiders until Inside finds itself at war with another city-state, and in return we wouldn't touch anything from Inside anymore and when what we capture or find gets auctioned off, the city would get a share of the profits. As I said, it's a simple concept." She explains before pulling a scroll from a shelf and tapping it on the table.

"What I want from you however is likely a good deal more difficult, even if it is far more worthwhile."
    Brokenfang adds before unrolling the map to reveal a possibly familiar layout. "I want you to join me on a raid on Skyside."

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Party!

To be fair, Ellrin's not hugging Magtok. He's not sure whether it's safe, and Magtok's threat toward Reinholdt reinforces that suspicion. "Blue Man Group? Computer, cross reference with available cultural databanks for all major universes." Observers will note that Ellrin is wearing an earpiece. After a short pause, he replies. "I understand the connection, but I'm not bald, thankfully. I don't think I should give you my name, though. You'd probably just give it to that angel, and then she'd hunt me down and I'd have to teach her a lesson." His subpar performance in the fight earlier was restraint, not incompetence. Of course, he's unarmed, or at least not visibly armed, right now.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #1197

BEACH PARTY - Shore

"The Asluans? Or perhaps the shepherds of the Erilan Church?" None of these names rang a bell to this woman? Faudre thought about her predicament for a moment, but as she listened to Calm Reed's story, she found herself sympathizing with her. Sure, she was in a strange land, but at least she was certain her people were safe. She bowed her head towards her again. "The spirits shall carry your comrades beyond this world."

The wyvern, with little warning, shakes off the unbuckled saddle, forcing Faudre to jump back. "Agh- Haar!" Her words fall on deaf ears, as the wyvern flies off closer to the ocean. Faudre sighs. "Forgive my companion. He has not had the chance to play in water in quite some time. He can get excited easily."

28. - Top - End - #1198

BEACH PARTY!

Another person comes to the party that many might not expect and some might not even know her. She comes to the beach wearing a white boho outfit with a hat her long hair bound together where the hat doesn't cover it. . Only the amulett around her neck appears a bit out of order on a beach party. She got a bit of a problem walking on the sand. Not beeing used to it. She will wave at the people that take note of her a bit shy and only gettting out a very quiet "Hello." To many people showing to much skin around here.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

[BEACH PARTY - Shore]

"The Dragons will guide them to their next lives," Calm Reed says, nodding sadly. They were good monks and they died serving the Order, so they will ascend. Maybe some of when will even become Dragon-Blooded in their next lives. "But I've never heard the names you mention. And I've never seen a beast like yours."

30. - Top - End - #1200

BEACH PARTY - Shore

"Haar? He is a wyvern; they're smaller relatives to dragons." Faudre looks to Haar, who is splashing around with the tips of his wings. "When the spirits chose me as dragon rider of the Chagur, I took a journey into the mountains to tame him. I was luckier than most - he was merely a hatchling then, and still rather young. I suppose you can tell that much."