Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334
Results 991 to 1,006 of 1006
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Dark Beach

A few thousand years ago, Doctor Jones might have felt sorry for this child of his. However, now he was immortal, and amoral. No means now makes an end wrong. Two wrongs, heck make it three wrongs, definitely make a right for him. The sword fits neatly in Doctor Jones's hands. He'll have to make a scabbard for it.
    Last edited by Celticbear; 2017-10-23 at 06:17 PM.
    Nexus Characters

This is what I am called. I am called Glad-of-War, Grim, Raider, and Third. I am One-Eyed. I am also called Highest, and True-Guesser. I am Grimnir, and the Hooded One. I am All-Father, Gondlir, Wand-Bearer. I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. My ravens are Huginn and Muninn, Thought and Memory; my wolves are Freki and Geri; my horse is the gallows. I am ODIN

2. - Top - End - #992
    Orc in the Playground

Dark Beach

Doctor Jones pulls the cutlass free! Now he owns it, he knows several rather interesting things about it. First, he owns the cutlass, and will continue to own it until somebody else clasps their hand around its hilt. Two, so long as he owns the sword- he doesn't have to hold it, nor even be carrying the weapon, he knows the value of anything he looks at, and where to sell it for most profit, and he can breathe underwater as well. Three, if he brandishes the cutlass over his head, large deposits of gold will appear to glow in his vision.

Four, the cutlass is a gift, and something is watching the Doctor and his use of the weapon. If they feel it is misused, it will be reclaimed.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dark Beach

Doctor Jones is already holding the sword over his head, looking for any nearby gold deposits.
    Nexus Characters

This is what I am called. I am called Glad-of-War, Grim, Raider, and Third. I am One-Eyed. I am also called Highest, and True-Guesser. I am Grimnir, and the Hooded One. I am All-Father, Gondlir, Wand-Bearer. I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. My ravens are Huginn and Muninn, Thought and Memory; my wolves are Freki and Geri; my horse is the gallows. I am ODIN

4. - Top - End - #994
    Orc in the Playground

Dark Beach

No large deposits in the sword's range, but there are a few gold coins hidden in a false door within the peg-leg lying in the bottom of the boat. The flask is otherwise the most valuable thing amongst that detritus. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure the scene's over.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Goblin Ship]

The Factor shrugs.

"More like they don't like us. But they won't bother us. It's a normal port in any respect."
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Goblin Ship

"Ah, yes. A veritable hive of scum and villainy too I presume?"
    TTN asks, actually sounding amused over something for once despite her usually monotonous tone. "Please, take us there and we shall see what fate has in store for us."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Goblin Ship]

Will nods, moving over to TTN and leaning against her metal frame. With her protecting him, he has the utmost confidence in their odds. He'll probably stay there a bit, amass some money until he can take his pick somewhere else.
    [Goblin Ship]

As normal as goblin ports go at the very least. Awashimora isle is one of the busiest ports on Ithki-Ithki and the goblin presence is obvious even in the sky as the clouds are actually spelling out something out.

DRINK PYRELL

JOMONAS SHIP SERVICE

IZU FOR PRESIDENT

It is also heavily trafficked with ships and boats having to move at snail pace not to crash into one another as they approach and leave the port city. The goblins even pass a cliff where what appears to be a two shell-clad goblin-mermaids, one male and one female. The female one is even waving seductively at them. She then pouts and informs them in a alluring melodic voice that, "The best action in the city is at the Unknown Depths, see you there sailors~"

Her voice seems to carry all across the boat despite her not raising it above a conversational level, and in addition it seems to echo in your head a few moments. The two mermaids do seem to attract a lot of attention from the nearby ships, some even driving closer than they need to to the cliff.

The city itself can easily be seen from a distance thanks to the silhouettes of skyscrapers making out themselves at the skyline. Soon enough, the giant billboards sticking out from them can also be seen. At a closer look the city appears to be bathing in neon lights, pink, teal, green, blue, red, all in sharp contrast with the natural light of the sun setting just at the horizon behind it.

Just simply dropping two passengers off might not be easy as they might have thought however. Anyone with some kind of radio will hear the following as they get closer. "This is Awashimora port control hailing the steam ship approaching the port. Can you hear me? Over."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-11-01 at 03:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

"This is steam ship from Grizzbar Colony, on our way back home. We're dropping off some passengers," the goblins' radio operator responds.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Gulaghar and Ashen Lilies.

7. - Top - End - #997

[Goblin Ship]

"How many passengers? Since if they aren't that many, I suggest taking them into the city on a lifeboat or something. The port is pretty busy right now so if you want to perform a unscheduled docking of a ship that size, you will have to wait. Can't say for sure how long, but at least an hour or two." The operator replies.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

The goblins discuss it. Bicker for a bit, not because there's much disagreement on that score, but because it's just what goblins do. Eventually, the radio operator responds:

"There's only two of them, so we'll send in a lifeboat."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Gulaghar and Ashen Lilies.

9. - Top - End - #999

[Goblin Ship]

"Alright, just take the boat to port seven B then, please. You'll see the giant signs, you can't miss it." The operator replies. "Have a pleasant evening." The connection is cut.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

After some grumbling, a pilot is sent to Will an TTN.

"I'm going to have to take you there by boat. The port is too crowded," she says. "I guess it's for the best. They would have plastered our ship with advertisements the moment we looked the other way."

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin Ship

If TTN could blink in amazement and confusion at the radio waves she'd been picking up, she would. As it is, she kinda just...sits there to listen to it all. She hadn't had high hopes that the primitive creatures would have such advanced means of communication but this certainly changed things. Perhaps she could even manage to upgrade some of their technology and use it to try and send a signal to Command...

Her internal thoughts are broken when the pilot comes to her and Will, and she gives a small nod. "A reasonable course of action." She states before gathering her gear and following along as guided.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Ogre in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

Will nods, not bothered by the inconvenience. Though he hopes their boats can handle TTN's weight.
    "Sure. Let's go right away."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Ship]

The goblin pilot leads them to a boat, which is then lowered into the sea and takes off towards the port. It seems to dip a little under TTN's weight, but swims fine.

14. - Top - End - #1004

[Goblin Ship]

As it was claimed over the radio, there are big signs showing the way to dock where they are supposed to go. It is a small ferry wharf sticking out from the main harbor with concrete steps leading down to the water. There are two short green goblins waiting for them there in what appears to be a tool booth. One in a black uniform and the other in a more casual white buttoned-up shirt.

The two appear immediately alerted by the boats presence and straighten up in their seats, pushing away the coffee mug and empty paper plate that was standing on the tabletop. They exchange worried glances once the boat comes closer though, that's not the kind of guests they had been expecting.

Once the two gets off though, the white-shirted goblin seem to fall into a routine and hands them both pen and paper. "Please fill in these forms and show your identification. Do you have anything to declare?" He asks while taking out yet another form. There seem to be a whole pile of them there....

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

[Itiki Wharf]

Will quickly steps in, holding up his ID from his time at the Spire. He’ll have to use his real name, but that’s the least of his problems if he can’t get TTN through customs. Somehow he thought for a second this would be like Skyside and no one would ask any questions.
    ”Define Declare. She’s a Nexus newbie, she has no paperwork.” he says, jabbing a thumb at TTN while he starts filling out paperwork. His handwriting is terrible, but better than if he was still stuck with his left hand. This feels so good.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Itiki Wharf

Contrary to Will's statement, TTN actually produces some identification in the form of stainless steel dogtags from a compartment within her chestplate. It has her full name and model type. "I have many different integrated weapons built as part of my being that cannot be removed, but I have many others in this bag." The giant robot says without much in the way of hesitation or emotion as she lifts up her giant duffel bag and offers it to the customs officer.