Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Beach Party- Kray

At the bar, Kray will find another girl walk up to her. This girl, unlike just about everyone other female at this party, is not wearing a bikini. She's wearing a one-piece red swimming costume, and no shoes. She looks human, with pale skin, grey eyes and black hair, cut very short; her hairstyle wouldn't look out of place on a man. She's carrying a glass of iced lemonade, though how exactly she paid for it when she has no pockets, and her satchel is at home, isn't clear. Maybe she just swiped someone else's. Jack smiles up at the minotaur. "Hello. I've not met someone like you before; I'm Jack."

Jack does glance at Kray's body as she walks over, but when she arrives she's just looking at Kray's face.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Olde Seatime Beach

"So, lubber. What's your name? I, as mentioned, be Frigate. I also don't know what land this be- I've been walking three months. Is your warsmith nearby? Could do with some assistance with me guns. And I might need more powder. Those casks weren't designed for submersion so long." There's four barrels of gunpowder, plus the contents of Frigate's enchanted powderhorn (it's still dry, but it won't help any wet powder that's clumped together). There's also a box of navigation equipment, including several maps that have been destroyed, a chest of gold coins (most depict dwarfen runes and a crossed axe design, but others are marked in elf-script and a stylised tree) and a finely crafted teak box, still watertight, containing a pair of elegant duelling pistols.
    "Name's Tank. This is the beach in the Nexus. I'm no warsmith, but I know lt way around guns. Can't help you with your powder though. I'm sure you could find some around here somewhere though."

Tank walks over, and lifts the chest up onto one shoulder.

"I've got a forge close by at Fireside. Follow me."

With that, Tank makes his way back towards his forge.
    Avatar created by Honest Tiefling!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Firbolg in the Playground

[BEACH PARTY - Shore]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Calm Reed tries not to think of her own empire, that lasted for millennia and is now teetering on the brink.

"They were fairly urgent, but it doesn't seem as if I have a choice," she says slowly. "I fell into water in Creation and emerged elsewhere? I suppose I must make the best of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Faudre shakes her head. "Nothing the other riders of our tribes cannot take care of." She glances out into the shore, where her companion is still flying, splashing his wingtips into the water every now and again. "But I would like to find my way home, regardless."
    "You should know that finding a way to return is pretty rare. But not impossible."
    Anchor shakes her head, and gets distracted looking at the splashing wyvern for a moment.
    "Um, you might want to retrace your steps, I mean, your flight, as much as you can. In the meantime, do you need any help? I know it's not great to wake up lost in a foreign land."
    It's happened to her at least twice before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Beach Party - Bar wit' Tina]

"Hold on, before you go, take my card. You never know when you might not our help. Just to be safe." Dena argues as she reaches into her picknick basket to pull out a business card with her and MERC's contact information (for every common form of communication) which she hands to Ellrin. Then she gives him a cheeky salute. "Have a good day now, sir."
    Assuming Ellrin accepts the card and then leaves, Dena turns back to the rest of the group with a smile. The first order of business is to tilt her head slightly and raise an eyebrow in Tina's direction, as if replying 'you were saying?' to her remark on her 'always selling'.
    Then her gaze fixes on Rein and Mag and she flips a white token in the Sidhe's direction. "Permission granted, catman. You're now in charge of Tina." That was of course a joke, she wasn't crazy. But the token does have a portrait of the tiny pianist carved into it however, where in the world did she get that? It looks like a poker chip.

Finally, she turns her full attention to Magtok. "Ah, ever the scientist are we?" She asks as she flops down on the seat right next to the cyborg. She holds up her arm near her head and some of the snakes to start to slither around it, one wrapping itself around her wrist. "The answer is no, though. I'm connected to them in ways I don't really want to think about but I can't directly control them. They have a life of their own." Her emotions did influence her behavior but she didn't really want to get into that. She didn't like the idea of some stupid serpents telling everyone how she felt.

One of her snakes let out its pink tongue in Magtok's direction, letting it vibrate in the air. " Not that they bite. They're just creepy." She studies the snakes for a moment, her expression unusually somber.
    But then she suddenly frees her hand from the serpents with a smile.. "But I'll take you up on that offered drink now. Let's drink our troubles away."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-07-12 at 10:19 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

[BEACH PARTY - Shore]

"Could you tell me what gods or spirits hold sway in this land? Is there someone to keep order, apart from those empires that keep falling and rising?" Calm Reed asks, looking out to the sea. She's not going back that way...
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Gulaghar and Ashen Lilies.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party- Kray

Kray returns the smile to Jack, though a bit more weakly. She’s a bit jealous; she’d rather be in the outfit she came here in like Jack’s, but fate had over things in mind.
    ”Well, we’re not very common. Call me Kray.” for someone else she might have asked if she liked what she saw, but not this particular girl.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Shadevale

"Very well. Back in 1197, some six centuries back, The Wraith-Queen was married to the Arch-Deacon of a small and fairly unknown religion named The Order of Dawn. She was alive back then and while it was unusual for a dragon to be wed to such a high profile clergyman, it led to a period of relative peace that lasted for a good century until the Arch-Deacon finally passed. I can find you a book with the details of that little era if you want, but ultimately it is what happened afterward that shaped things. See, when he passed, it ultimately left my Queen as the head of the religion. The fact that she was a dragon was a contentious point all on its own, but it was her use of necromancy and her ability to manipulate time that caused a schism." He pauses in his explanation then, considering what he'd said. "Well, not time itself, but certain aspects of it. You'll see what I mean when you get to meet her. However, moving on. See, during that relative period of peace, there'd been a fringe movement that had been slowly growing in the shadows made up of people that weren't quite pleased with suddenly finding few enemies, a lack of spoils, and little upward mobility based upon battle deeds. The Order of Dawn had always been a militant order in a mercenary capacity, but when my Queen married into it, she had done so with the promise and capability to fulfill that promise to establish peaceful diplomatic relations with the neighboring countries. Since she'd been able to gain that peace, it meant that all the warriors of The Order could really do were policing or internal actions. Sure, a small number of conflicts rose up along the borders, but they were few and far between and where once an excess in young aggressive individuals were able to be bled off and tensions soothed internally at the cost of lives, a surplus formed. And a quite unhappy and aggressive one at that."

"It was...I believe it was in 1309 when The Order of Eternal Flame first reared its ugly head. Back then it didn't have a name, it was just an ideological shift and movement. At first it was just a faction of nobility and clergy that wished my Queen to abdicate her position and let the rest of the Order of Dawn take over. By her own admittance, she would likely have stepped aside if it weren't for the requirement that she hand over a significant portion of her hoard to provide funding for them. Personally, I don't know if I take her word for it, but as she's a dragon I don't see how anyone thought it was a good idea to demand such. Dragons are dragons. Many collect things precious to them and demanding to take such away...you might as well slit your own throat diplomatically." He reasons with a shrug. "Perhaps that's just what they wanted though, for in 1315, they killed her."

"Collapsed the entire castle on her. They'd slowly sapped through the foundation over the course of those years before finally herding in dozens of boars, a few hundred barrels of oil, and lit it all on fire. Made quite the inferno. Obviously it didn't take, but it was a few years before she was able to return. In the meantime, the head of the movement, a man named Gregory Belfar, seated himself as the new Arch-Deacon and rebranded the order as The Order of Eternal Flame. There must have been some sort of power in the name and position for he blessed the fire that was still burning and even now it still burns. You can make the pilgrimage there yourself if you like, though I don't recommend traveling alone. But in 1317, when the Wraith-Queen arose in her fury and demolished the partially constructed castle of the new Arch-Deacon, she took what few belongings she had left and came here. Eventually, as worlds merged and followers of the old ways came here to settle with their Queen, the place took a shape of its own and became what it is today." The Dullahan pauses there for a moment to scratch the scruff on his cheek before continuing.

"The crux of the matter is that in her flight, the Queen killed Belfar and took The Eye of Radagal, a black diamond about the size of my thumb. 'Tis a cursed gem wrapped in a silver cage and set upon a scepter. It was the symbol of rule, but more importantly...well, it holds her husband's soul. I don't quite know why that is mind you, just that it is what's in the history books. While most elements of The Order of Eternal Flame tend to let bygones by bygones after that, the set outside this city are a more militant and zealous group known as The Censers. They stylize themselves as a group that goes out and recovers religious artifacts that are from the original order, but they're little more than church-sanctioned raiders and thieves. Heavily armed raiders and thieves mind you. They have training on par with any of the royal guard here, a large array of blessed and silver weaponry, weaponized artifacts, and even a few talented necromancers at their disposal. There's quite a few of them and they seek The Eye. They gave a list of unreasonable demands with it, including that the Wraith-Queen submits to their punishments, but they basically just want The Eye. It doesn't help that the Queen sent a few of their heads back after a pair tried to kill her earlier today, but that's what zealotry gets ya." He adds with a shrug, as if it was an everyday occurrence.

"Does that explain matters clearly enough, or should I go into more detail?" The man asks, smiling a bit.

Raider's Cove

Brokenfang's ear twitches in curiosity as she sees Ithuriel transform, and afterwards she takes a long and slow breath in through her nose. Gears are visibly moving as she things, analyzing the scent. "I don't know what sort of animal you are a 'thrope of, but I can at least tell it is an herbivore and your shape suggests a highly aggressive one. I take it you probably won't partake of the ribs then." She jokes lightly before reaching up to rub her broken muzzle. "But I'm not surprised. Could smell something like it on you since the start. Kind of surprised that the angelic part of you didn't override such. That aside, like many of my kind, I've earned my name. A surprisingly strong human man ripped it from my jaw in the midst of combat. My handlers in the blood pits did little to tend to the wound or else it might have healed better."

It takes her a few moments to take another long drink before she continues. "As to what I think, I believe that we'll never really get along well, but we'll be able to rely upon one another to do our parts. Our beliefs clash too much, my methods are right to be despised, and ultimately I think you'll end up being the death of me." She says simply, as if it were fate already foretold. "But for now, our interests align and I don't plan on dying in the foreseeable near future. That, and I keep my word which is a far sight better than most."

Beach Party - Bar

Addie lets out a small breath of relief when Lucy and Vivi start laying it upon one another. Good, it meant she was out of the crossfire and there'd be no horrible awkwardness for the rest of the party, right? ...unless they hook up and gotta crash at my place since it's nearest and I'm the driver...dammit.

...better make it worth it for them anyway.

Lucy and Vivi will both hear Addie learn forward and order them another pair of drinks on standby for when they're done with the ones they've got.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party- Kray & Jack

"My people aren't too common, either. I'm the only one here like me, of that I'm sure." Jack looks around briefly, trying to see if she recognises anyone. "I don't see any one I know, except Sam over there. Pretty sure I'm the only one here. Never really know." There's a brief pause, before she speaks again. "I'll be honest; I'm not entirely sure how to talk to people at a bar, or on a beach, for that matter. But you looked interesting and I thought I'd come say hi."

Olde Seatime Beach

Frigate cracks open the first cask of powder and examines it, before pouring it out onto the sand; the powder is lumpy and clumped, so it won't fit in Frigate's various firearms. Into the now-empty barrel, the barnacle-clad Warforged tosses in the duelling pistols and their box, a sextant and some of the rope salvaged from the makeshift sled. That done, Frigate hurries after Tank, and more importantly, Frigate's gold. "Do ye know the basics, or more than that? They've been marinading in brine for a while. I've not been able to wash them and keep them properly oiled and lubricated. If I need do more than wash 'em, I'll have trouble." Because he was walking ashore from a shipwreck, and his warsmith (to ensure loyalty) made sure that Frigate didn't know enough about gunsmithing to do more than keep his guns clean and properly maintained.

I'm not sure which thread Fireside is in. Could you provide a link?

I don't use the Registry; ask for a description if you don't know what my character looks like.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party- Kray and Jack]

Kray follows Jack's gaze. "Oh hey, it's the cook." she mumbles. Sssh Kray, you'll give away your super secret totally not obvious identity.
    "Well, usually at a beach you say something nice about someone, or suggest something to do. If you want to get someone's attention in particular you'd offer to buy them a drink, but I doubt that's what you intended." Kray's gotten used to no one feeling that way about her, though that's become slightly less true recently.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party- Kray & Jack

"We could go paddling. The water's lovely. I like your costume; I'd get a bikini, but I don't have much money and enchanting is expensive. As for the drinks, I didn't bring much money with me. And I don't drink much alcohol, and buying someone booze whilst you drink lemonade can be a little suspicious." Like you're trying to get them drunk so you can rob them, for example. Jack's a little surprised that Kray didn't jump on what she said about her people, given that right now she's practically indistinguishable from a human. There are some slight signs, but they're subtle. Her eyes, for example; they're the same shade of grey as a jackdaw's, and her hair matches the darker feathers of a jackdaw's wings.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Pixie in the Playground

Beach Party- Kray & Jack

"My people aren't too common, either. I'm the only one here like me, of that I'm sure." Jack looks around briefly, trying to see if she recognises anyone. "I don't see any one I know, except Sam over there. Pretty sure I'm the only one here. Never really know." There's a brief pause, before she speaks again. "I'll be honest; I'm not entirely sure how to talk to people at a bar, or on a beach, for that matter. But you looked interesting and I thought I'd come say hi."

Olde Seatime Beach

Frigate cracks open the first cask of powder and examines it, before pouring it out onto the sand; the powder is lumpy and clumped, so it won't fit in Frigate's various firearms. Into the now-empty barrel, the barnacle-clad Warforged tosses in the duelling pistols and their box, a sextant and some of the rope salvaged from the makeshift sled. That done, Frigate hurries after Tank, and more importantly, Frigate's gold. "Do ye know the basics, or more than that? They've been marinading in brine for a while. I've not been able to wash them and keep them properly oiled and lubricated. If I need do more than wash 'em, I'll have trouble." Because he was walking ashore from a shipwreck, and his warsmith (to ensure loyalty) made sure that Frigate didn't know enough about gunsmithing to do more than keep his guns clean and properly maintained.

I'm not sure which thread Fireside is in. Could you provide a link?
    Tank nods.

"Aye, I know more than the basics. I should be able ta get yer pistols workin' like new. May take some time though. My forge is over this way."

((Sorry about that. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...1#post23217741))
    Last edited by WarforgedTank; 2018-07-13 at 12:46 AM.
    Avatar created by Honest Tiefling!

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party- Kray and Jack

Kray smiles, feeling a little better. These must be popular. Kray’s not sure why; the outfit feels so small and flimsy. Maybe she’s just to used to wearing leathers. Maybe it is kinda nice to at least not be wearing full pants in the summer heat...
    ”Well, thanks. I’ve never done too much swimming even though I know how. Don’t worry about the drinks. Unless you’ve got hidden pockets in there you can’t be carrying much of anything and they’re a date thing anyway.”
    Kray has been dealing with far too much Shapeshifting and shapeshifters to blink at Jack’s comment about her people. She waves to the bartender to get her another drink. She hopes he doesn’t comment on her change in wardrobe.

13. - Top - End - #1393

Default [BEACH PARTY - Shore]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Could you tell me what gods or spirits hold sway in this land? Is there someone to keep order, apart from those empires that keep falling and rising?" Calm Reed asks, looking out to the sea. She's not going back that way...
    "No god rules here, but I could recommend one to go see if I knew what you wanted? As for order, each city keeps its own. I mean, no, there really isn't anyone to keep things organized across the whole Nexus. The closest would be VIGIL, but only for really big things." Anchor turns - perhaps they should move in away from the shore a little.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-07-13 at 01:53 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party- Kray & Jack

"I wasn't necessarily going to go swimming. Just paddling. Wet feathers are nearly as much a hindrance to flight as too much blood alcohol. I have some money. Plastic notes. I don't see how they're worth anything, they're not shiny." Jack, your corvid nature is showing. She also reaches into her cleavage- she doesn't have too much of that- and pulls out a British five-pound note, with Queen Elizabeth the Second on one side and Winston Churchill on the other.

Jack also enjoys teasing her nature without revealing it.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

Kray stares. She somehow hadn’t thought of doing that. And it would likely be easier for her.
    ”Well, alright, maybe. But you should realize the height difference means paddling for me will be fairly deep for you.”
    Assuming Jack is normal human height Kray is likely at least thirty centimeters taller than her.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Beach Party- Mount Kitsuki]

Artie shrugs.”It’s very difficult to explain. Long story short, most of my memories are a mortals’. I have no frame of reference for my self save for a name and a four-word description. Well, and a few of my powers I’ve worked out on my own.” she shoots Azren a quick look. Don’t talk about Libra. No one will believe Artie just became a spirit in an instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Beachside - Mount Kitsuki]

Azren, being wise and learned in the art of helping to raise children, will give Kitsuki a look to gently ask for her permission before going to fetch the little girl something tasty. His relaxed eye alight upon Artie for a moment to assure her that her secret is safe with him.
    [Beachside - Mount Kitsuki]

Kitsuki nods at Azren. She's all for pacifying her daughter right now. Annie, apparently assured that a snack is incoming, starts to use a small shovel to fill a pail with sand.

"Sure, okay." Kitsuki replies to Artie, clearly uncertain what to make of that. "I guess I am too, but no one really goes around calling themself a spirit." Artie's behaviour is quite odd.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mount Kitsuki]

Artie frowns.
    "Oh. Okay. Would you mind...telling me about us? I have no idea how any of this works and I've been in the dark for so long..." It's quite distressing, really, not knowing what you are. Or what her children might be.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party

"I should dry quickly, and so long as it's not too much deeper than my knees I'll be fine anyway. It's my wing and tail feathers that I need for flight, so they're the ones I should avoid getting wet. Even when I'm not wearing the feathers." It's a bit confusing, but basically if they emerge from skin that's too wet, they'll be wet too.

Jack smiles, and if Kray's got her drink will try to lead her down into the water, which is quite warm.

19. - Top - End - #1399

Beach Party - Bar with Deplorable Reprobates

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Finally, she turns her full attention to Magtok. "Ah, ever the scientist are we?" She asks as she flops down on the seat right next to the cyborg. She holds up her arm near her head and some of the snakes to start to slither around it, one wrapping itself around her wrist. "The answer is no, though. I'm connected to them in ways I don't really want to think about but I can't directly control them. They have a life of their own." Her emotions did influence her behavior but she didn't really want to get into that. She didn't like the idea of some stupid serpents telling everyone how she felt.

One of her snakes let out its pink tongue in Magtok's direction, letting it vibrate in the air. " Not that they bite. They're just creepy." She studies the snakes for a moment, her expression unusually somber.
    But then she suddenly frees her hand from the serpents with a smile.. "But I'll take you up on that offered drink now. Let's drink our troubles away."
    Well, I guess that's Ellrin gone, then. Well, we got a neat gadget and ally for later, and at least one person here had the sense to get out before things descended into complete madness. Ugh, speaking of which, Magtok? You know you're not going to win this, right? Reinholdt's been playing this stupid game longer than you have. He doesn't have an ounce of shame holding him back, he's completely lacking in discretion, restraint, or common sense. I mean, for gods' sakes, he dared to call himself your rival. He thinks that Winston nonsense wasn't just a fluke, a lucky accident. He genuinely believes his rare victories against us were authentic, rather than a byproduct of our inability to take the cat seriously. Hell, I bet he thinks he killed his way through the entire MagCave's defenses that one time, that our iconic clash in the volcanic core of the MagCave was draw. I bet he still has no idea it was all a ploy to manipulate the narrative forces of the Nexus into making his death stick, the self-sacrificing finale that we intended from the beginning.

"Barkeep, a Mercenary for the mercenary, and a-" Magtok peers intently at the drinks. Nothing named after him in Trog's, and nothing named after him here, either. What's it going to take to get a Apple Magtini or a Magarita on someone's drink menu? A Bloody Maggy? A Maghattan? It can't be death or (seemingly) permanent deadtime after a distinguished and infamous career that gets you put on the board, because we've done both of those things already. We've been beloved and be-hated, a crucial ally and a meddlesome pest. We've saved the world multiple times over and tried to conquer it...oh, well, I guess we never actually tried conquering or destroying it, but Reinholdt has, and he's not on the drink list either! It's not fair, I tell you! These peons, these ingrates don't appreciate our legacy, everything we've done for this world. They don't remember a goddamn thing, not if a bloody monster like Reinholdt can walk freely. I guess we'll just have to go with "...hell, make that two Mercenaries." This is fine. It's dipping into our emergency funds a little, but we'll live. We'll just have to find the MagCave's secret money vault sooner rather than later. Maybe we can talk Needs Food Badly into turning lead into gold or something, if the food budget runs dry and his name starts to feel more apt than usual.

"At least you don't have to worry about all the silly maintenance that goes into hair, right? No trimming the snakes, no using conditioner on them, no scratching your scalp with a razor because having hair on only one side of your head would make you look like some kind of pink mohawk cyberpunk..." I think that's a problem unique to you and your kind, Maggy. Also, if it's such a bother, why not just do some gene-modding and acquire male-pattern baldness? Then you'd only need to shave it all off once, and never worry about weird scalp nonsense ever again.
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2018-07-14 at 06:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Deviltok Avvie by Miss Nobody

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

Kray gets her drink and goes to the water. As she feared, up to Jack’s knees is only a bit up her shins. Or whatever the bovine equivalent is.
    ”Well, it is warm. So you’re a shapeshifter, then?” she asks casually. She won’t hold it against anyone despite her recent trouble with them.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party- Kray & Jack

Jack is normal human height. Possibly a little on the short side, due to her apparent youth- she looks like a girl who might be eighteen, might be twenty, might be a year or so either way.

"Yes, I'm a shapeshifter. I go from this to jackdaw, and I can stop anywhere in between. I'm not human, because I'm not a jackdaw. Everyone where I grew up can do the same, but I'm the only one I know who has left." Jack will move so that Kray's on her seaward side, allowing the minotaur to go deeper if she wishes. Jack likes the feel of the wet sand beneath her toes, and the waves against her legs.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party- Jack and Kray]

Kray steps a little deeper, but she doesn’t want to get soaked, now that’s she thinks about it. She’ll smell like salt for hours if she doesn’t shower.
    She smiles at Jack.
    ”Well, I understand that. Only two people I know ever left our clan. Me and my nephew. He’s a sweet boy.”

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party- Krayjack

Smelling like salt is one of the best things about the seaside!

"I'd hesitate if I called our kind a 'clan'. Clans imply there's more than just one settlement, and I've never heard of anyone like us outside it. We're cross-fertile, with humans and jackdaws. We take after our mothers, so any I have would be shifters like me." She's not particularly planning on having any, but she could change her mind. The cross-fertility does help them from going extinct, which would otherwise occur with their low numbers.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Smelling like salt is less nice when you're covered in fur and it's on top of the 'wet dog' smell that you can get naturally. Or in her case, wet cow.
    "Well, that's...certainly unique. My people are a lot more conventional." She also doesn't plan on having any kids, in this body or not. Though it's not like she's really the age for it anyway.

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Orc in the Playground

Beach Party- Kray & Jack

"Yes, it is. Honestly, we're a backwards people. We don't mine, don't farm. We've got a single permanent settlement, but there's no houses there. An old petrol station we've taken over after we found it abandoned, a couple of caravans and motorhomes, similarly located. Mostly we either sleep in nests as birds or as humans in tents and shelters that are more like nests built by humans. There's humans nearby; we give them stuff we've made or more often found, they give us stuff they've made. I'm glad I left; Inside's great. So many people, so many things. Electricity, artificial lights, music. Lemonade." Jack still kind of lives like that, though. On roofs, in trees, if the weather's bad in forgotten attics and steeples.

26. - Top - End - #1406

Beach Party - Shore

"It sounds like the stories I have heard from my fathers. No nations to enforce their laws on the land..." Faudre crosses her arms and closes her eyes a bit. If this place is as chaotic as you suggest, I have doubts that simply doubling back will lead me home. But surely there are tome seekers to speak to?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-07-14 at 06:41 PM.
    King Dedede avatar by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

[BEACH PARTY - Shore]

"I would simply like to know if the gods here are under some sort of order, or do as they please," Calm Reed says, walking closer to the party. "Any names you could give me would be appreciated. And perhaps I will speak to this... Vigil."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Gulaghar and Ashen Lilies.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party: Bar

Don't assume Ellrin is gone, I never said he left. He is leaving, however.

Ellrin takes Dena's card. "Thank you. Farewell all." He turns and vanishes into the air with a press of a button on his earpiece. Magtok may get the distinct impression that Ellrin was showing off in the fight at the gate, when he chose to cut a portal through the shadows rather than do this.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

REAL mages speak Modron!
    My Unfortunately Long Signature ™

Hey Nexusians! Visit Starside!

My musings will be in italics

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party- Kray & Jack

"Yes, it is. Honestly, we're a backwards people. We don't mine, don't farm. We've got a single permanent settlement, but there's no houses there. An old petrol station we've taken over after we found it abandoned, a couple of caravans and motorhomes, similarly located. Mostly we either sleep in nests as birds or as humans in tents and shelters that are more like nests built by humans. There's humans nearby; we give them stuff we've made or more often found, they give us stuff they've made. I'm glad I left; Inside's great. So many people, so many things. Electricity, artificial lights, music. Lemonade." Jack still kind of lives like that, though. On roofs, in trees, if the weather's bad in forgotten attics and steeples.
    Beach Party- Kray and Jack

Kray shrugs.
    "We weren't much better. We took things. It's why I left. It's probably why my nephew left. He won't tell me exactly why he did. He says it was to find me, but that can't have been all of it. He'll tell me when he's ready." she says matter-of-factly.

30. - Top - End - #1410

"There might be, but we wouldn't call them 'tome seekers'. What is it that they do?"

Anchor walks along with Calm Reed. Come on Faudre, hurry.

"Well, some are organized - the Celestial Bureaucracy, for example - and some aren't. Around here there's Inari, Tamamo, & Keiko and Civiron and Zoemaytare and Camazotz and Ariez and Willow and the Lord of Flame. In Riverside there's Message and Bane and Jezebel. I think Skyside mostly has demons...uh, and you can find lots more if you look for them, I'm sure."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine