Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

[Catch of the Day]

The Bosun accepts the shoes gladly, though confused. He doesn't know many magical folks.
    "That's useful, what else can you make- hey!" The Bosun hurries after Omiko.

Out past the fin-like rocks is a few of several water channels heading inland. Beside the closest of such channels is a squat pile of bricks that may have once been a building, standing beside and partially in the canal like some sort of old mill.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #812
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [Catch of the Day]

"Pretty good, right? The other Elders only have Shield and Weaver powers, but I can do Needlework too. I can make basically whatever, but anything complicated will take time; you wanna have molds and lathes and containers and stuff to shape it, and none of that's here."

A building! Habitation! Probably shelter already! Omiko heads right in to poke around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

[Catch of the Day]

"Well Cap'n if we don't find anything by the time dusk falls I might have to ask you to make me something to wear. Or at least a blanket." he asks politely.
    The collapsed building might have been a storeroom once, or a workshop. Any wood that might have been here has long since rotted, but some scattered stone and metal pieces litter the floor. The two of them could fit inside, but the hole they can look into is a tight fit for them both. They could try swimming under into it from the canal though.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

If there's a rope on the boat, Kal tosses it over the side towards the people in the water.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2017-08-12 at 11:49 AM.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's not exactly good for clothing, but yeah, we'll find some way to keep you warm. Speaking of clothes-" Omiko's nails lengthen into crystal claws and she rips away the last scraps of her vest and breeches. Then shakes the claw-tips away, scattered on the ground.
    "Those weren't doing any good anymore. If only my old uniform worked with this fur...Anyway I think I see a way in from underwater. C'mon!"
    Splash! Into the canal she goes. All her parts are pretty well waterproofed.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ogre in the Playground

[Catch of the Day]

Omiko's bosun looks away, because he's pretty sure it's improper to stare at your captain. The canal is fairly clean and Omiko should easily be able to get into the collapsed storeroom. The contents of it are mostly rotted, as she could tell, but within there are some rusted old boxes and scattered heads of tools she might want to take a look at.

Her bosun seems to have fallen behind though, not coming up through the hole in the floor.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Dungeonside]

"Good. Give me one good reason you shouldn't be next." There's not a lot of mercy to be found in Kirk's eyes as he looks down on her. Though his eyes aren't solely on her. Was the gnoll actually dead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Demon Season]

"Looks like we might get to do that anyway," Wenomir says, when the infernal starts pursuing them. Normally, he thinks he and Ilpholin could possibly take that thing... if they weren't in water, with a horde of other demons on their trail and carrying an extremely important and volatile demon object. As it stands, he throws aside his surcoat and armour - which would help him little against the infernal anyway - and starts swimming towards the boat as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Demon Season]

Ilpholin would rather not fight the infernal while swimming in the water. That seems like a terrible plan. She swims faster instead, wondering if she shouldn't have stuck with the catsuit after all.

"We're going in hot." The boat captain says to Kal, ramping up the throttle and turning the wheel. It soon becomes clear that he intends to make a pass perpendicular to Wenomir and Ilpholin. "Better make sure to scoop your friends out of the water, cause we've got one shot at this. I'm not sticking around to see what that thing will do to my boat." No way is he going to spend more than one round here rescuing his employers. That infernal is tearing up a stone jetty. The only chance his boat has is to not be there when the infernal is.

Time to accelerate and thread the needle. The captain is concentrating on going fast enough to get out of reach while slow enough that they can get their passengers while being close enough to actually catch the swimmers but not being so close as to run them over. No problem right? Just another quick time event action sequence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Dungeonside]

Fettina feels like that news should do something to her. She feels a latent twinge behind her eye, some kind of ache in the center of her forehead... But the pain, physical or otherwise, is numbed. Her face is a monotone scowl, at once mean and distant. She lowers her blaster to eye the goblin and the rocks she was shooting at with some suspicion.
    [Demon Season]

As Ilpholin and Wenomir moves towards the boat, they might note a drastic change underneath them. One moment they're able to see the bottom underneath them, the next, it is as if they stopped off a cliff and they're swimming above a black abyss.
    That is not the only thing that might concern them however, as three heads of a huge demonic hydra suddenly emerges from the water. Each head moves in the attack when they suddenly submerge again, almost as if they were pulled underneath the water by something.

The infernal is still hot on their trail though, moving faster than even the hounds at this point. From the boat, they can see how the water around the giant demonic construct is actually boiling and turning into fine mist as it rapidly approaches them. The entire group will hear a faint whisper inside their heads just as the demon catches up. "...will not escape..." It reaches out to grab the boat itself just as Kal tosses out the rope. This move which will very likely cause it to fall and sink into the deep abyss, but it might drag the boat with it.

[Dungeonside]

"Money. I got a lot of it." The goblin claims. "I can take out as much as you want back in Ithki-Ithki, or Inside, wherever you're heading. I got Intel that MERC might be interest in too."

Tina won't see anything peculiar about the rocks, besides the fact that they're melted by the laser blasts. Perhaps people in the future will wonder what caused such a weird rock-formation.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-08-13 at 09:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ettin in the Playground

How much trouble can he get himself into in this little time, and without her hearing anything? Surely he's fine.

Omiko busies herself looking it all the boxes.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

[Catch of the Day

Inside the four scattered boxes are:
    -a handful of small gold and silver lumps
    -some shiny stones, sea-glass, and the skeleton of a tiny shark in a bottle
    -A large growth of mushrooms, under which is a magical dagger
    -a large, decorative plate that might be a map of the island? It displays seven canals running out from a central source in the middle of the island. The one here seems to be the smallest canal, if Omiko can identify it from the shape of the beach.

All is quiet on the bosun front.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ettin in the Playground

Things! Especially shiny ones!

Omiko takes them all!
    Mushrooms, once plucked, are thrown out the whole in the collapsed building. Maybe the boy can eat them. Map-plate in her claw (she didn't recognize it at first, but Dot did), dagger in one hand, shark bottle in the other, and a bunch of pseudopods sprout from her sides to hold the shinies.

Then it's back into the canal and up into the outside.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

[Catch of the Day]

Omiko might have some trouble getting out the way she came in. Namely, because there's a fish stuck in the underwater hole. Hopefully she doesn't dive in or she might smack her skull into his.
    "Cap'n help. M'fin's stuck." he pleads quietly. Indeed, the fin on his back seems wedged hard against the bricks of the hole, which used to be larger, leaving him stuck with his arms and body bunched awkwardly in place.

Naturally this sudden change in appearance would startle almost anyone, but will likely not do such for Omiko.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

"Why are you a weird fish-thing?"
    She can still be surprised by some things. This is pretty unusual.

Let's see. Just shoving him back the way he came should work, right? With the leverage she has here? Push!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

[Catch of the Day]

"I dunno, why are you a cat?" asks the Bosun, possibly not understanding the question.
    The issue here is that he expanded quite rapidly and grew a dorsal fin in a space that really couldn't contain it, resulting in the current sticking. He shrieks in pain when pushed. If Omiko pushes harder she can free him but will possibly rip a chunk out of his fin.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ettin in the Playground

Omiko decides that the Bosun is either too flippant, or just stupid, but either way not worth being too careful about, and shoves harder to get him back into the canal. Shark fins grow back, right? Dot is pretty sure of something like that.

"It's a punishment. Not ironic, exactly, but just part of a whole cat theme. Or maybe the lynx, as a keeper of secrets, represents our delving into things man was not meant to know, playing god, etc."
    "But you weren't a fish a moment ago, so it's clearly not the same thing.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #825
    Ogre in the Playground

[Catch of the Day]

Omiko's bosun yelps, and loses a thumbnail's worth of fin. This is going to hamper his ability to frighten tourists at beaches. He swims quite quickly back to shore before continuing the conversation.
    "It might be the same thing! I woke up and I knew that this was me, even if it wasn't me at the time. You didn't ask about it so I didn't mention it." he insists. I don't think you're pushing Omiko to change her opinion of your intelligence, buddy.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ettin in the Playground

"I expect you think that's not technically a memory? Evidence converging on 'stupid' but perhaps, if we're being charitable, he's just being pedantic.
    Omiko shakes her head and rolls her eye.
    "I'm like this all the time. Anyway, there's something at the center of the island, we should just follow this waterway up."
    But she's going to do so on shore, where possible.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

[Catch of the Day]

"I mean, I don't think it is. But do you want me to carry any of that, Cap'n?" he asks her. As a wereshark the bosun is quite large, after all. Not as hulking as his progenitor, but hulking nonetheless, though his large feet did burst the shoes Omiko gave him. At least as a fish he has to worry about his lack of pants less.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ettin in the Playground

He should be thrown in the brig but, alas, they have no brig at hand.
    "Yeah, take these."
    Omiko hands him the shiny things to carry, the minor change in her shape returning to normal. But she'll keep the map and knife and even the little shark. Just in case.
    And she starts walking inland along the side of the canal.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #829
    Titan in the Playground

[Demon Season]

Dammit, dammit, dammit. This whole trip is just one awful thing after another. Why can't it ever go smooth? Wenomir redoubles his efforts to swim to the ship, but something has to be done about this damn burning thing now. Does Kal even have his weapon? Wenomir remembers that the tiefling dropped it.

"Kal, catch!"

Kal will find that Wenomir threw him the Answer, to use against the infernal. Kal is a warrior, so even though he wasn't chosen as the bearer of the Answer, it will work like a perfectly functional longsword to him. Meanwhile, Wenomir will grab the rope and start climbing aboard.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Gulaghar and Ashen Lilies.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

A sword! :o

Of course, that is a very... uh... large opponent.

Maybe stabbing it in the hand will work when it tries to grab the boat?

Maybe?

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

[Catch of the Day]

The bosun, oblivious to Omiko's condemnation, takes the shinies in his oversized, clawed hands.
    "So, you design that chrome yourself, Cap'n? It's very nice. Ouch." he asks her, flinching as his tail strikes a rock on the ground. He's clearly exerting an effort to keep his vertical tail-fins from dragging along the ground. How annoying.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ettin in the Playground

"Some: the tail and the gun-arm. The rest is, well, not standard, exactly. Slasher custom work, yeah, but not mine." Omiko smirks to see him out of place walking.

"So if you turn into a fish when you got in the water, why aren't you back to normal now you're on land?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

[Catch of the Day]

"I...uh...well..." the Bosun looks away Omiko. Well he tries, but his eyes are placed on the sides of his head. At least his human side lets him blink.
    "I don't know how." he admits sadly.