New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

[Demon Season]

"As long as one side doesn't win and get whatever it is they're fighting over," Wenomir says. "We may not have time to stop them if that happens. But it looks like they'll be at it for a while."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Bugbear in the Playground

Leaving a Waterfall

The death knight nods thoughtfully. "Yeah, that seems- gah! Double betrayal!" Faithel screams, but is still too disoriented to really fight back as Sorrow hikes her up. She will kick with her hooves into the air though, and those things pack quite the punch so she better watch out. "Unhand me you cuurrr! The Black Sword of the Last Horizon won't be treated like this!"

"With all due respect master, just get up." Belfas commands, lowering himself so they can get up. Sorrow will notice that he actually has a saddle that seems made for Faithel but could easily accommodate two people.

[Demon Season]

Anyone looking through the binoculars right now might notice something odd. There is a small group of gnolls standing a distance behind the line of the defending demons, and it appears that they are issuing orders to the demons, using staffs to perform some form of magic to aid the defending demons from the attacking ones.
    In Wenomir's case, he might actually recognize one of the gnolls, it was the robe-clad one that accompanied Sargera, the gnoll which came to VIGIL to discuss how to deal with the demons, being the first to actually mentioning the existence of the second staff.

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demon Season]

"Hold up," Ilpholin says as she sweeps over the battlefield again. "Again? How... Hmm."

She passes her binoculars off to Kal and points towards where she saw the gnolls. "Take a look over there. See the gnolls? They seem to be directing the demons with a staff I was told had been destroyed." Did Wenomir lie to her? If he did... well, she can't help but feel a certain twinge of pride at his growth and maturity.

"I think so at any rate. They seem to be covering their tracks with decoy staffs this time. But the staff was originally found with a group of gnolls intent on controlling demons just like this, so I doubt it's any different here. In which case, we need to change our plan to go in there now and break all their toys."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2017-04-11 at 11:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Goblin Camp]

The goblins all look at each other.

"Funny you should ask," the Factor says. "Artificial limbs, or even bodies, is why we're here. Those savages prevent us from getting what we need for them."

"Unless we can come up with a substitute," the blight doctor points out. "I've got a few ideas if you want-"

"This kid really doesn't look like he could survive your 'substitute'," the sergeant points out.

"If your metal friend is willing to help us with those pointy-eared belligerents, we could work out a deal."

"I will need a blood sample, though. The potions I use to make the body accept the graft are all made for goblins. You topsiders keel over after the smallest dose of gremlin... I think it's liver."
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Goblin Camp

Will looks from the goblins to TTN warily, and then after thinking gives a heavy sigh. He wants to be excited, but this is a very uncomfortable situation.
    "Alright, Titania. You can give them a scare. I can't ask you to kill people, not even for my arm back.
    Is there a syringe in the bag I could use for blood?"
    he asks her.
    Goblin Camp

TTN looks down at William for a few moments, silent as she deciphers what he was trying to say. "Are you instructing me to use only non-lethal means of driving them away?" She asks, her tone as neutral as always as she asks for clarification. She was a machine and AI built for dealing death. Telling her to be nonlethal might go over poorly, but she did seem to consider Will to be her impromptu Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Leaving a Waterfall

The death knight nods thoughtfully. "Yeah, that seems- gah! Double betrayal!" Faithel screams, but is still too disoriented to really fight back as Sorrow hikes her up. She will kick with her hooves into the air though, and those things pack quite the punch so she better watch out. "Unhand me you cuurrr! The Black Sword of the Last Horizon won't be treated like this!"

"With all due respect master, just get up." Belfas commands, lowering himself so they can get up. Sorrow will notice that he actually has a saddle that seems made for Faithel but could easily accommodate two people.
    Leaving a Waterfall

"Cease your flailing about lest I tie you up and drape you across his back like a pair of saddlebags."
    Sorrow threatens. Regardless of her threat though, she'll seat Faithel on the saddle gently before settling down behind her. "I apologize in advance for any improper actions on my part for this is the first time I have ridden in the open air. My jump pack lets me fly, but never at such high altitudes." She warns, her voice a bit shaky at the prospect.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Camp]

The blight doctor produces a bag containing a syringe from her coat. It actually does look sterile.

"Just follow me to my field hospital. We'll draw the blood there."

"Scaring them might be problematic. They're pretty crazy. But whatever works for you," the sergeant says.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin Camp

"Titania, you're a war AI, and I'm a street rat. You have better judgment than I do. Minimal loss of life would be nice, but prioritize your own safety first. If we're lucky you'll only have to blast a few of them and they'll retreat. Good luck." he says sincerely to the robot, his expression torn.

But he will accept the guidance of the doctor.
    "So uh, what was it your were going to inject me with?" he asks, now that he has time to think about the conversation he had been only half-paying attention to.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

7. - Top - End - #607
    Titan in the Playground

[Demon Season]

"...that's not the same staff," Wenomir says, his voice tense. "There are two. Those gnolls came to us to talk about the one that still exists... but is in pieces. They wanted to assemble it and control the demons, as if that's not a disaster waiting to happen. Seems they found one of the pieces."

8. - Top - End - #608
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beachside]

"No, no map!"
    The demon declares. "I shall take you right to his doorstep!" So to speak.

Dungeonside

Meanwhile, a certain neon-eyed girl arrives at a strange new place, likely accompanied by a friend. They probably took her hover-car, provided there wasn't terrain even it couldn't navigate.

Fettina is fully decked out in her skin-tight bodysuit, high-tech backpack with round, glowing seams, and a toolbelt around her skinny waist full of odd gizmos. She surveys her chosen 'first dungeon' with an excited curiousity.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #609
    Titan in the Playground

[Neath The Waves]

Deep in the benthic depths, just too far away from the coastline of Seaside to be easily explorable by normal, non-amphibious, demihumans a young lady is on a stroll. Her pale hair floats in a cloud around her, it's color long eroded by seawater, and her maid's dress floats airily around her legs. Her eyes, now green but perhaps formerly some other color, pierce through the darkness of the depths, as she half-walks, half-swims just above the sea floor.

10. - Top - End - #610

Leaving a Waterfall

Faithel is seated in the saddle and almost immediately slouches down into it. "Mmm.... don't you worry, I can sleep in this thing. You just gotta relax, and... and... zzz...." And she falls asleep right there. She just closed her eyes and she went out like a light.

"As long as you don't throw up on me, you should be fine." Belfas remarks as they take their seats. "Her, I'm not worried about." He gestures with his head at the now sleeping draenei who just managed to grab the drakes reins before she fell asleep where she sat.

With a flap of his wings he then starts to ascend up in the air, Faithel still snoring peacefully despite Belfas mighty wings beating loudly just inches from her face.

[Beachside]

"Oh! That would be very nice! Thank you Mr. Demon! if that is your preferred name that is."" The merfolk nods, eagerly awaiting him to guide her.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ogre in the Playground

'Neath the Waves

Some sort of lady passes the watery waif presently. She's larger than a human, and with a long, serpentine body with pearly scales and fins instead of legs. A noble, pretty face over an idealized body, though with strangely green skin and hair, and two long, thin cephalapod arms hanging from her head like braids. She's wearing a shawl made of a fishnet of unclear material strung with gold coins.
    "What are you doing out here? There's nothing out here for miles." asks the strange woman, voice oddly piercing the water.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Titan in the Playground

[Neath The Waves]

The woman looks at the strange mer-lady, then smiles and says in a voice clearly distorted by water but terribly beautiful, "Oh, hello there. I'm sorry, but...I don't really know where I am. The last thing I remember is...A feeling of love in darkness. And not much before that either."

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dungeonside]

Kirk steps out of the car after Fettina. This is one of the few times he isn't dressed up in his typical suits. No, he has actual armour. Something about it seems old. It''s certainly in good condition, but it has the feel of being recently restored from a more worn state. He looks around, markedly less impressed than Fettina. This isn't really his element, unlike Tina's other babysitter. "What's this place supposed to be again?"

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

['Neath the Waves]

Willa, for that is her name, lets out a sound with her mouth that might be some sort of sigh.
    "Well, do you need a guide back to civilization? Not that I'm sure it'll help if you're some sort of water spirit, but you can't just walk down here forever." she suggests.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

[Neath The Waves]

Jeane nods to Willa and says, "I-I think so, yes. It is rather dark down here, isn't it. And yet I can see fine." She giggles, then shakes her head and says, "I think...I may have drowned. But let's get back to land."

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

['Neath the Waves]

Willa blinks, though it's hard to see. "Well, maybe my...sister can help you with that. Still, come on." she says, and tries to take the girl's hand and lead her away.

17. - Top - End - #617

[Dungeonside]

The island which they landed on (with their hover car) appears completely desolated with a enormous cliff-side facing them, overgrown with thorns and weeds. It is basically the most inhospital island of all the ones they passed on their way here. It is difficult anyone deciding to build their dungeon here, unless they wanted to be left alone of course, you wouldn't even be able to put up a picnic here thanks to all the pointy rocks and thorns.

However, the goblins who "sold" this dungeon to Tina, insisted that this was the place. Apparently, the dungeon is supposed to be close to the center of the island, a hidden passage leading down to... something. All the information she had was that some goblin treasure hunters had found a hatch in the middle of the ground that they had been unable to open. So instead they simply sold off the information about it instead. Considering it was very likely a ancient gnoll structure of some sort, it is very likely it is protected by curses and demons. They both know what happened to Dena while she explored a dungeon in seaside, so they should probably be careful.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

[Neath The Waves]

Jeane smiles as she takes Willa's hand and says, "Of course. After you." Perhaps surprisingly, she can keep up with Willa quite will, despite making few, if any, obvious swimming motions.

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Neath the Waves

After a while a landmass will come into sight.
    "So, this is the mainland. Ten minutes that way is my place. If you want my sister and I to look you over and see if we can help we can make a stop there." Willa adders.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Dungeonside]

Kirk steps out of the car after Fettina. This is one of the few times he isn't dressed up in his typical suits. No, he has actual armour. Something about it seems old. It''s certainly in good condition, but it has the feel of being recently restored from a more worn state. He looks around, markedly less impressed than Fettina. This isn't really his element, unlike Tina's other babysitter. "What's this place supposed to be again?"
    [Dungeonside]

The island which they landed on (with their hover car) appears completely desolated with a enormous cliff-side facing them, overgrown with thorns and weeds. It is basically the most inhospital island of all the ones they passed on their way here. It is difficult anyone deciding to build their dungeon here, unless they wanted to be left alone of course, you wouldn't even be able to put up a picnic here thanks to all the pointy rocks and thorns.

However, the goblins who "sold" this dungeon to Tina, insisted that this was the place. Apparently, the dungeon is supposed to be close to the center of the island, a hidden passage leading down to... something. All the information she had was that some goblin treasure hunters had found a hatch in the middle of the ground that they had been unable to open. So instead they simply sold off the information about it instead. Considering it was very likely a ancient gnoll structure of some sort, it is very likely it is protected by curses and demons. They both know what happened to Dena while she explored a dungeon in seaside, so they should probably be careful.
    [Dungeonside]

"Something owned by dog-men, I think they said? Though it was left alone a long time ago,"
    Tina explains to him, though her eyes are on the terrain. She walks forward a few feet, then tugs her leg back from a bramble it had been about to catch on. The neon girl sticks out her bright blue tongue. "Yech. I can't say anything for the gardener." Her eyes search, and when she finds a path she takes a hop toward it. She seems just full of energy. "I give it a one! Out of a thousand!" Hup, another jump onto a sturdy rock! "Best I can do!"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving a Waterfall

[Demon Season]

Anyone looking through the binoculars right now might notice something odd. There is a small group of gnolls standing a distance behind the line of the defending demons, and it appears that they are issuing orders to the demons, using staffs to perform some form of magic to aid the defending demons from the attacking ones.
    In Wenomir's case, he might actually recognize one of the gnolls, it was the robe-clad one that accompanied Sargera, the gnoll which came to VIGIL to discuss how to deal with the demons, being the first to actually mentioning the existence of the second staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Demon Season]

"Hold up," Ilpholin says as she sweeps over the battlefield again. "Again? How... Hmm."

She passes her binoculars off to Kal and points towards where she saw the gnolls. "Take a look over there. See the gnolls? They seem to be directing the demons with a staff I was told had been destroyed." Did Wenomir lie to her? If he did... well, she can't help but feel a certain twinge of pride at his growth and maturity.

"I think so at any rate. They seem to be covering their tracks with decoy staffs this time. But the staff was originally found with a group of gnolls intent on controlling demons just like this, so I doubt it's any different here. In which case, we need to change our plan to go in there now and break all their toys."
    [Demon Season]

"...that's not the same staff," Wenomir says, his voice tense. "There are two. Those gnolls came to us to talk about the one that still exists... but is in pieces. They wanted to assemble it and control the demons, as if that's not a disaster waiting to happen. Seems they found one of the pieces."
    "So we're stealing it, then?" Asks Kal. "That's something I can handle. Especially since they seem so distracted." And are possibly out to be even more distracted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

22. - Top - End - #622

[Demon Season]

Whatever decision the group takes, they have a limited amount of time. The demons the gnolls control are being pushed back by the hordes emerging from the water.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dungeonside]

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Dungeonside]

"Something owned by dog-men, I think they said? Though it was left alone a long time ago," Tina explains to him, though her eyes are on the terrain. She walks forward a few feet, then tugs her leg back from a bramble it had been about to catch on. The neon girl sticks out her bright blue tongue. "Yech. I can't say anything for the gardener." Her eyes search, and when she finds a path she takes a hop toward it. She seems just full of energy. "I give it a one! Out of a thousand!" Hup, another jump onto a sturdy rock! "Best I can do!"
    [Dungeonside]

"I really should have talked to these people." They could have been selling Tina a load of bull**** and she'd be none the wiser. She's far to enamored with this whole adventuring thing. That's Dena's fault, though. "He follows her down the path, if you can call it that. Long abandoned islands don't tend to have very clear paths.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

[Demonside]

"Alright, we'll go with that," Ilpholin says with a nod. "Wenomir and I will cut a swathe through to the gnolls, Kal you steal the staff. Feel free to cause as much collateral damage as you can. Move in!"

The captain nods, grumbling under his non-existent breath. He's going to have to steer the boat dangerously close to the sandbar so the trio can get into the action right away. Probably end up beached. Way more action than he signed up for. Ah well, at least it'll be interesting. So he throttles up and brings the boat in as close as he can. Close enough for a dramatic leap onto the edge of the battlefield at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #625

[Demon Season]

As the group's boat starts getting in closer to the island, the gnolls lines break and it appears they decide to make a break for it, fleeing deeper into the jungle. It is unlikely they will be able to escape the demonic hordes though as they seem to have encircled the island.

[Dungeonside]

Thankfully, while there are no signs of civilization for miles, there are signs of people actually visiting the island such as a path that Tina is just barely able to make out. However, they find no sign of people. The only inhabitants they can find are centipedes crawling in-between the rocks, tiny rock-spiders, and a lone black bird flying that have started circling above them as they attempt to traverse the brambles and the rocks.
    There is something to take note of, however, as they can see what appears to be a boat at the horizon that slowly seem to get closer as they walk.

According to the map Tina bought, the entrance should be in the very middle of the island, so they need to get through some pretty difficult terrain to reach it. They might experience cuts and tears as the thorns and sharp rocks can cut into both flesh and clothing.
    Eventually, the bird that has been circling them seem to lose interest and flies off. Not long after, they reach what appears to be the site which the description Tina got indicated.
    A hill-top in the middle of the island completely covered in thorns and brambles. At first look it appears impossible to get through, but there is a path through the thorns, or so it is supposed to be. Tina's notes claim that the path was covered up by vegetation which the group cleared, but now it appears that the path has been covered up again, odd.
    From where they are standing though, they can see that the boat they saw earlier is getting closer. They can now see that it is a larger cape islander that appears to be heading in their direction.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2017-04-25 at 07:22 AM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Titan in the Playground

[Demon Season]

Wenomir draws his sword, which shimmers and blurs, slowly becoming a large greatsword.

"Sounds like those gnolls bit off more than they can chew."

27. - Top - End - #627
    Ogre in the Playground

[Goblin Camp]

The blight doctor produces a bag containing a syringe from her coat. It actually does look sterile.

"Just follow me to my field hospital. We'll draw the blood there."

"Scaring them might be problematic. They're pretty crazy. But whatever works for you," the sergeant says.
    Goblin Camp

"Titania, you're a war AI, and I'm a street rat. You have better judgment than I do. Minimal loss of life would be nice, but prioritize your own safety first. If we're lucky you'll only have to blast a few of them and they'll retreat. Good luck." he says sincerely to the robot, his expression torn.

But he will accept the guidance of the doctor.
    "So uh, what was it your were going to inject me with?" he asks, now that he has time to think about the conversation he had been only half-paying attention to.
    Goblin Camp

The robotic body looks down at William for a few long moments, silent as it considers her options. All she gives in response to him is a nod though, leaving whatever she plans to do a mystery to him. "Is there anyone who might be willing to lead me towards the elf camp? I will not require any further assistance." She states as she readies her heavy rifle. Should there be a goblin willing to lead her on, she'll follow along behind him or her dutifully. It is likely people will hear her coming a long ways away due to inability to be stealthy however.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

[Goblin Camp/Lush Forest]

"It's a mixture that will make your body adapt to the prosthetic arm," the Doctor explains. "Otherwise it'll treat it as a foreign body. Which isn't pretty." She sets his arm down on a table, and unpacks the syringe. "I need your blood to adjust it."

"I'll send one of our lookouts with you," the Sergeant says, before calling for a fairly short, female goblin in a leather vest with broad, somewhat feather-like shoulders, and a grey, hooded shirt underneath. She's got a crossbow and a pair of knives.

She will lead Titania deeper into the forest, in a different direction than they came from. Eventually, they will reach a clearing, where a fight clearly took place. There are splashes of dry blood, burn marks, destroyed plants and discarded crossbow bolts and throwing axes.

"Here's where we last met them," the scout says. "They're not here anymore, but they can show up at any time."

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin Camp

Will shuts his eyes and moves his head away from the Doctor. "Take it then." he says. He's not terribly fond of medical things. If his clone were here he'd tell his original self to not be knocked out for any reason.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Titan in the Playground

Neath the Waves

After a while a landmass will come into sight.
    "So, this is the mainland. Ten minutes that way is my place. If you want my sister and I to look you over and see if we can help we can make a stop there." Willa adders.
    Jeane smiles airily and says, "Thanks. I...Don't know how much you could do for me, but if you want to try, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Lead on." She lets Willa lead on, unsure of where they are going, but also uncaring.