New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

[Tanari Island]

"I don't trust them," Orion states simply. "That's why I'm not taking their side. But I'm not too keen on trusting your side, either. I've only been given bits and pieces of everyone's story, and I would rather like all of it. Once I have th full story from both sides, then I'll be in a better position to help you both."

He glances back toward the goblins behind him.

"And I'll promise this. Whoever resorts to violence again first? I'll stand against them. I'm not sure how much you know about akhluts, but you do not want me as an enemy."

Creatures that can control water are rarely fun to fight against.

[Gold Bluff Beach]

Geneva extracts herself from the salal berry bush and decides that this has been quite enough experimentation for the time being. She simply Transforms back into human shape and marches down the path. It's a pleasant little walk, to be sure. Forest gradually gives way to thick bushes clinging to the cliffs and a raised wooden walkway that winds its way down the hillside. Geneva pauses for a time at a little overlook, gazing out across the rolling sea. At the waves lapping against the beach and crashing against the crags. In the distance sea birds dive for fish and the occasional harbor seal pops their head out of the waves for a breath of air. The beach is sparsely populated for now, and Geneva is fine by that. She was worried she might get swamped by small children wanting to pet a mew. She sets off again, tromping down the wooden path and eventually coming to a contrivance of logs and chains serving the rough equivalent of stairs. A stream runs down a little draw to her right, forming a little river of fresh water cutting through the cobbles before vanishing into the sand. Directly in front of the path looms a sea-stack of amalgamated of sandstone cobbles that has proven to be a popular target for climbing. Even now, several older children are sitting at the top waving a beach town like a flag.

Geneva can't help but smile at the spectacle, but she isn't just here to site see. She sets off to the north, walking toward the basalt crags where the sea cave is hidden just around the edge of the cove. She'll probably have to fly to reach it; the tide is too high to get around the point on foot. Thankfully she doesn't have to worry about sticking to on foot.

And speaking of feet!

Geneva kicks off her does and stows them away, letting the soft sand squish between her toes.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rotten Ship

"So you're saying that a gnome didn't make it then? Good. Just practical, human engineering, I can live with that." Faithel replies casually as she continues to attempt to put on her gear. Her hands appear to be a bit shaky though, which might not be all that strange considering the only source of nutriments she have had, for gods knows how long, is alcohol. "Who are you anyway, and why do you come to the rescue of a poor drunkard like me? I can tell that you're human and hell of a fighter but not much else."

[Tanari Island]

Sargera conceals her fangs in response to that, that's a good thing right? "The 'full story'? The full story is that Gnizel's government hired him to seize 'unclaimed' property, such as the remains of the many civilizations that once had their home in Seaside in the 'interest of the goblin race'. Completely disregarding that such historical artifacts, according to their own laws, should rightly belong to their original owners, us. I did try to have a neutral party look at the matter, but the matter is being delayed by bureaucracy, the green ones are making sure the trial won't even start before they've stolen all our ancestral artifacts, it's outrageous." She shakes her head in rage.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Continuity Cruise Lines

"Yeah."
    "Yep."

No hesitation from either of them. A night alone with a loved one and computers? Sounds like a good time.
    Ben nods.
    "Well...okay. Let me know if you want to see a movie some time or something." he asks a bit bashfully and drags his feet back to his own room for the night.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #64

[Tanari Island]

"So a complaint has already been made, but government corruption is clogging the rightful application of justice?" Orion replies. "Back home, a heritage site like this would be studied in place as much as possible. Dismantling artifacts like these is a violation of international law."

Do recall, Orion is an archeology sorta guy.

This kind of stuff really gets his hackles up.

Now much more literally than before.

"What is here that the goblins are so willing to risk bloodshed over? You're fighting for your people's history. What are they hoping to gain?"

That right there?

Is an important question.

5. - Top - End - #65

[Tanari Island]

"They're scared. Simple as that. See, I don't want to go into too much story, but my ancestors, the one that build that arena over there, created their empire out of the enslavement of demons."

Sargera gestures at the coliseum atop the hill.

"They perfected ways of controlling and empowering demons to perfectly suit their needs. That arena had demons fight one another to the death to the entertainment of my ancestors. But nothing last forever and when internal strife drove the empire apart, the demons rebelled and destroyed the empire. After that, the roles were overturned, my people became slaves and worshippers to the demons that they once dominated. The same demons that now are attacking the nexus. The goblins hope that by studying my ancestors technology they can protect themselves against these creatures, perhaps even control them, which neither of us would want."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-07-01 at 04:21 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66

[Tanari Island]

"I think a compelling case can be made, then," Orion replies with a nod before turning his gaze back toward the Colosseum. "Would you be willing to try diplomacy again?"

If the answer is yes, the ahklut will begin heading back toward the goblin camp.

Hopefully with a few gnolls following?

And maybe those prisoners?

A show of good faith is always helpful.

7. - Top - End - #67

[Tanari Island]

"Fine, but I'm keeping my distance. Gnizel will not be afraid to play dirty if this doesn't work out." Sargera states before heading after Orion back to the steep where the goblins and the mercenaries are waiting. If Orion would look behind him he can see several large golems, like the one he fought earlier, following them in the distance.

"So... what's up, kid?" Gnizel voice can be heard, though he can't be seen. "Why did you turn yourself over to the gnolls, eh?"
    All his soldiers look fairly calm right now, but they are no doubt ready to open fire if anything goes wrong. Same goes for the gnolls.

8. - Top - End - #68

[Tanari Island]

"Why weren't you listening earlier when I explained what I was doing?" Orion replies, giving off a short pulse of sonar. He's trying to get a read on where everyone is nearby. Sonar sure is handy like that. "I'm not on their side. Nor am I on yours. I'm a neutral observer here. The gnolls have agreed to enter negotiations again. Are you willing to negotiate?"

Orion sure hopes so.

Because if not, then a bunch of people are probably going to get stabbed.

And that would be awful.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Halfling in the Playground

((Starting this for Morty - though it's an open scene!))

[Beachside - Party!]

By a crowded coastal concession stand, a large gathering is forming! All manner of flirting, fixing and feather-wagging is occurring by this little beachside bar - the Shipwreck Shandy! This little get-together is populated with all manner of colorful Nexus individuals, all flaunting what they've got with small swimsuits and smaller inhibitions. People stream in and out of the actual shipwreck that makes up the castaway bar, through the broken hull and out onto the beach, people or monsters of every stripe or color. Quite a few of them have real stripes!

It might be a bit of a challenge to find out who put this thing together, who's running the bar, but one could meet this stranger if they explored a little. And a certain dark-skinned waif intends to do just that... though he could care less about the party-starter! He just wants to get some booze and have a little fun - along with find the tiefling he's supposed to meet here.

This waif's name is Fetty, and he's a small, chocolate-hued young fellow with closely braided hair. He's got blue neon eyes that glow, and is currently barechested, but wears a pair of tight, surfy-looking black camo swim trunks as his bottoms. He skims his way through the party, looking for Fayaad or anyone else who might be interesting.

Overseeing the goings-on and ensuring a relative level of safety is the professional hunter Adir, having traded in his hunting gear for a red lifeguard's Speedo with a big white cross on the butt. He's muscular and tone under the sun, a dark and seemingly permanent tan taking well to his lithe form. A pair of antlers (and a pair of wild deer's ears) swing on his head as he looks left, then right, eyes hidden by a pair of orange sunglasses.

Adir's enjoying this little part-time! He even gets a whistle! And the money's not bad when you have to brave the silliness of the Nexus seas to save the occasional drunken idiot. The stag just wishes he could go down and join the festivities a little, to be honest... maybe he can take a little break soon.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-07-01 at 07:52 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Bluff Beach

The wind blows gently from the ocean towards the path, but despite the sparse population the beach currently merits, the path isn't entirely empty besides Geneva. Tromping down in towards the same destination comes a very small greenish creature wearing a tiny bandanna and pack, and carrying a gnarled wooden staff over one shoulder because it's much too big for him. His eyes are set in a look of determination and he's walking very, well, over-the-top as any child playing army does. He looks very young, as Geneva can probably recognize.

11. - Top - End - #71

[Gold Bluff Beach]

The little adventurer will soon find himself confronted by a rather daunting obstacle. The last twenty feet or so of the 'trail' consists of little more than large logs linked together by chains with a good two feet separating each one. For someone as small (and adventurous!) as he, he'll have to be jumping from one log to the next! And considering that they're all sprinkled with sand, that leaves them as treacherous footing. Will he be able to overcome this hardship? Can he summon the bravery needed to make it to the beach so he can...

Well...

Do whatever he came here to do?

Only time will tell.

And for what it's worth, unless the totodile came trekking in through the forest, he likely would have been accosted by the same little boy further up the trail and informed of the super-awesome mew down on the beach.

Regardless of that, totodile may notice something worthy of his attention. Several seaguls... appear to be fighting over something! Or maybe SOMEONE! There's a long yellowish fish out there in the surf that keeps flopping free from the beaks of the hungry birds! But who knows how long he'll be able to keep it up!

Geneva, meanwhile, sits down in the sand to watch the surf. She has yet to notice the plight of the poor eel.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Bluff Beach

The totodile isn't worried about small children. He's on the No-catch list.
    Which was reinstated about fifteen minutes after that list was nearly wiped. How mysterious.

The young pokemon takes one look at the scene and the laughably simple challenge, and strikes a daring pose! No simple puzzle of wood will stand in his way! He steps back for a running start and launches himself at the first log. He almost hits it face-first but instead launches himself forward with a blast of water from his mouth, and he simply repeats the process until he's gotten over all of them. And then he sprints straight forward and performs another Aqua Jet so he's at the right level to deliver a flying axe-kick at the scariest looking seagull of the bunch.

People said that you can't just punch a bird.
    Those people are dumb.

13. - Top - End - #73

[Good Bluff Beach]

Indeed they are.

The bird gives a startled squawk upon getting booted, launching it out of the air and straight down into the wet sand. It flops around, trying to get upright again while the rest of the birds scatter in all directions. Seems they've quickly decided that small angry reptiles aren't worth fighting over a tidbit of fish. They're just go bug the tourists at the picknick tables in the meadow for free food instead. The fish is now sitting there at the upper reaches of the surf, flopping occasionally and mouthing at the air in that way fish do when some jerk pulls them out of the water.

Well.

Pokemon fish don't do that.

But pokemon fish are cheaters.

The commotion manages to draw Geneva's attention. After all, several blasts of high pressure water and a fierce shout upon kicking a bird are pretty hard to miss. She frowns slightly at the sight of a somewhat maimed gull and the young pokemon messing with something in the surf. Has no one told him yet that normal animals can't be treated like pokemon? They're much more fragile! It reminds her of the talks Jace had to have with Khannie about what she was and was not allowed to punch. With a smirk and a shake of her head, she stands up and begins walking toward the little totodile. Thankfully the bird isn't dead, so she SHOULD be able to mend it with softboiled and heal bell.

"Hello there! What brings you to the beach today?"
    she calls out to the totodile as she draws near.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Bluff Beach

The small pokemon gingerly picks up the eel in his claws and throws it into the surf, seemingly without much trouble despite the slipperiness of the creature. Geneva might be able to hear him mutter, "May the blessing of the Nile go with you."
    Upon close inspection, the pack the shiny pokemon is carrying is covered in stitched hieroglyphs, and his little bandanna's pattern is sewed in gold thread.
    "I'm on offi-shul bis'nis for Daddy. Very offi-shul. Very im-por-tant." he says in poke-speak, enunciating his words in a way kids do when they don't necessarily understand the exact meaning of the phrases they're parroting.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-07-02 at 12:18 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

[Gold Bluff beach]

Welp! The eel splashes into the water and swims away, no doubt pleased to be alive. As opposed to being gull food.

You know what Geneva knows about Egyptian history?

Absolutely nothing.

The make of the child's outfit doesn't register to her as anything other than some interesting symbols.

"Really! That sure sounds exciting," Geneva replies in that fashion adults do when they're talking to a child about something serious that's actually rather silly. "Is your daddy here at the beach? Or did he send you out all by yourself?"

Sending kids out on adventures really isn't that weird.

At least not where Geneva came from.

Young teens going out and fighting legendary monsters and all that. It's pretty conventional, honestly.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Bluff Beach

"I'm not alone! Daddy is always protecting his children! But he's...not here-here. He doesn't do that." he says, a bit less sure of himself.
    "I'm Nak. Son of Sobek. Very impor-tant." he tells her proudly.

17. - Top - End - #77

[Gold Bluff Beach]

"I... see...?" Geneva replies uncertainly.

She doesn't see.

Not really.

Pretty sure the various pokemon 'gods' don't work that way, so there isn't really anything Geneva's mind jumps to right away.

"Well, I like to think everyone's special in their own way," Geneva says brightly. She considers that for a moment, opens her mouth slightly, and then quickly adds. "But not special like 'everyone is special so no one is' sort of special. I mean actual special. Everyone is actually special and unique."

Like snowflakes! And like snowflakes, people are totally unique while also being hard to tell apart when there are several hundred billion of them crushing you to death.

Geneva pauses quickly, her head snapping around as she glances behind her.

"Could have sworn..." she mutters. It was that feeling you get when someone is standing near you. And then there isn't anyone there. Maybe a Hunter is lurking around being a butt. "Oh well. So! Nak, was it? I'm Geneva. Daughter of Simon. Nice to meet you! What sort of super important business are you up to? I'm enjoying the beach until the tide goes out."

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Bluff Beach

For some reason Nak's mind flashes back to Thanksmas for a moment. He's not sure why, but that makes him think of-
    "Like Simon Belmont?" he asks her.
    Oh no, who gave him an NES?
    "There's a magic hole in the cave over there that leads to where Daddy's from. Daddy needs me to stick his magic staff in it. But not touch it. Touching it is super bad and I shouldn't do it. Daddy said so." he says with a grave nod.

19. - Top - End - #79

[Gold Bluff Beach]

Given that the protagonist pretty much always has a Nintendo console in pokemon games it stands to reason that all of Nintendo's non-pokemon games exist there. And probably a few of the non-Nintendo classics, too. They did, in fact, have video games at Geneva's Vault! Though the amount of time she spent playing them as a child was somewhat limited, she did play enough to recognize-

"The guy with the whip?"

That was a weird game. Hearkened back to the days before pokeballs when monsters were just monsters and there were fewer options to deal with the nasty ones.

"No," she laughs. "My father didn't hunt vampires. He was a doctor back in my... well... I guess you could call it my home village." Close enough. At the mention of the rift, Geneva's eyes brighten. "Oh! You're here to do something with the bridge in the sea cave? I was hoping to run some telemetry on it since I haven't seen one before that's linked to lunar cycles. Do you mind if I watch while you stick a stick in it?"

She makes mental note of the 'do not touch' warning. That's an interesting one.

Maybe it reacts in an unstable fashion when fiddled with before fully opening at the peak of low tide?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    ((Starting this for Morty - though it's an open scene!))

[Beachside - Party!]

By a crowded coastal concession stand, a large gathering is forming! All manner of flirting, fixing and feather-wagging is occurring by this little beachside bar - the Shipwreck Shandy! This little get-together is populated with all manner of colorful Nexus individuals, all flaunting what they've got with small swimsuits and smaller inhibitions. People stream in and out of the actual shipwreck that makes up the castaway bar, through the broken hull and out onto the beach, people or monsters of every stripe or color. Quite a few of them have real stripes!

It might be a bit of a challenge to find out who put this thing together, who's running the bar, but one could meet this stranger if they explored a little. And a certain dark-skinned waif intends to do just that... though he could care less about the party-starter! He just wants to get some booze and have a little fun - along with find the tiefling he's supposed to meet here.

This waif's name is Fetty, and he's a small, chocolate-hued young fellow with closely braided hair. He's got blue neon eyes that glow, and is currently barechested, but wears a pair of tight, surfy-looking black camo swim trunks as his bottoms. He skims his way through the party, looking for Fayaad or anyone else who might be interesting.

Overseeing the goings-on and ensuring a relative level of safety is the professional hunter Adir, having traded in his hunting gear for a red lifeguard's Speedo with a big white cross on the butt. He's muscular and tone under the sun, a dark and seemingly permanent tan taking well to his lithe form. A pair of antlers (and a pair of wild deer's ears) swing on his head as he looks left, then right, eyes hidden by a pair of orange sunglasses.

Adir's enjoying this little part-time! He even gets a whistle! And the money's not bad when you have to brave the silliness of the Nexus seas to save the occasional drunken idiot. The stag just wishes he could go down and join the festivities a little, to be honest... maybe he can take a little break soon.
    Fetty will spot Fayyaad quite easily. The bronze-skinned tiefling is wearing a pair of dark red swimming trunks, and is carrying a blanket and a basket. He was happy to accept Fetty's invitations, since beach parties aren't exactly something he's familiar with. But looking around, he can tell he's going to like this Nexus custom.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Bluff Beach

Nak shakes his head.
    "No, I don't mind. You can come, but don't touch the magic hole. Not even for tell-mety. Daddy said no touching the hole." he insists, and immediately turns to head towards the cave. After all, they're going, right?

22. - Top - End - #82

[Gold Bluff Beach]

"Well it's a good thing I don't have to touch the hole to gather telemetry, then," Geneva says as she follows the little crocodile pokemon. The walk down the beach is nice. Very nice, in fact! The boulders littering the beach very from craggy, basaltic monoliths to warped, twisted, colorful metamorphic rocks. A soap stone slab the size of a car looks like it has been attacked by beach goers, clearly interested in the numerous large pyrolite crystals that speckle it like warts. Where the surf has cut deep into the sand, little pockets of shiny gravel have been exposed as well. Most of it is nothing more than drab grey rock, but occasional flashes of color from agate, jasper, and jade can easily be picked out by someone who knows what to look for. Eventually they'll reach the north end of the cove where it stretches out into the sea, a lumpy mass of pillow basalt topped with golden yellow sediment.

"The, ah, magic hole in the cave won't be open until low tide," Geneva points out. "And it'll be pretty hard to walk around the point until then. Unless you were planning on swimming?"

Of course he was planning on swimming, Geneva.

He's a water pokemon.

That's what water pokemon do.

Geneva could just fly over if she felt like it, but she came down to the beach a bit early for a reason.

Because beaches are nice!

23. - Top - End - #83

[Tanari Island]

It depends how long range, and how wide an area, Orion's sonar have. He will be able to tell that there is a big group of people spread across the hillside, but so can his eyes. As the sonar bunches off the hillside it detects what may or may not be more goblins hiding in the bushes further up. There are probably a lot of false positives though as there are smaller rock formations all over the hillside.

He can't still which of these people are Gnizel though. "If you think it will work out better this time then fine, let's talk. I'm not handing over this arena to those demon worshippers though, I'm under contract to deliver see and I have a reputation to uphold."

[Beachside - Party!]

At the party a long merfolk woman has dragged herself to the beach, her lower body leaving deep tracks in the sand wherever she goes. People might watch out or they might end up tripping over it. She seems to be absentmindedly scanning the beach with metal dowsing rod, people better watch our or they'll run into her, one way or the other.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-07-03 at 06:45 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

And now Felandria has arrived, carrying her XXXXL beach towel, and some sunscreen, because redhead.

She is wearing a blue bikini with a little hint of black.

Spoiler
    Show

Her hair is in a ponytail, just in case anyone is up for a very lopsided game of beach volleyball.

She will head towards the bar, intent on obtaining a fruity drink.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Bluff Beach

Nak doesn't pay much attention to the stones. He's not really one to understand the intrinsic value of minerals and stones of any kind really, except when people tell him so. Which is why he knows gold stuff is fancy.

He seems extremely puzzled at Geneva's statement.
    "Uh, yeah. I was gonna swim."
    Duh.

26. - Top - End - #86

[Tanari Island]

"A contract to deliver what?" Orion asks simply. "Are you willing to make any concessions? Negotiating can be difficult when both sides are unwilling to move an inch."

It's all about compromise and concessions, after all. You know negotiating is working when both sides are equally displeased with the results.

[Gold Bluff Beach]

The stones on this beach are, for the most part, not particularly valuable. They are, however, quite shiny. Lots of people like shiny stones! The pyrrolite, for example, has a very pleasant coppery to bronze luster.

So!

Swimming.

"Well... if we're going to be swimming I should probably change then, shouldn't I?" Geneva says as she dismisses her Transform, reverting into her natural mew body. That done, she focuses on the little crocodile pokemon! Her body becomes slick and blue with a white underbelly while her tail thickens and gains a pair of flukes at the end! Reflect Type is very useful when she's needing to mimic a type she doesn't have an attack for. Such as Water! Geneva quickly stows her sun hat away in her inventory since she has absolutely no intent to get it all soggy with sea water. "Okay, that should do it. Ready to go?"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Bluff Beach

Nak peers at Geneva intently, and comes to a very important conclusion.
    "You're weird. But yeah." he tells her, and will follow her into the cave.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Gold Bluff Beach]

"I'm not weird," Geneva replies with a huff. "I'm a perfectly normal mew."

And with that, she hovers over the breakers before diving into the sea. The water is clear and quite cold. But water resists ice so no problem, right? Right. Sea palms wave in the surf and further out, as the water grows deeper, a thick kelp forest can be seen teeming with life. Below the sand shifts, occasionally punctuated by basalt boulders absolutely encrusted with sea life. Squirts, anemones, barnacles, muscles, starfish, all jockey for position on the few holds available. As they round the point, the sea cave soon looms into view. It's... huge to say the least. A massive trench runs down one side, fed and carved by an underwater river flowing at respectable speed. On the other side is a sandy shelf that proves quite a bit more shallow, shallow enough to be exposed when the tide will eventually go out. Both trench and tunnel reach deep into the mountain, and once swimming up the tunnel a good hundred feet or so, the gradual swallowing eventually gives away to wet sand.

It also happens to be incredibly dark in the cave.

Thankfully Geneva didn't come unprepared!

Her PokeGear is equipped with Flash, which is more than enough to offer illumination.

As she trudges up the sandy tunnel and onto dry land, Geneva gives herself a shake, throwing off her aquatic form as she does. All around the basalt cave drips, mats of faintly luminescent fungi feeding on the stone while cave crabs pick at tidbits. And there, standing before our heroes, is an almost perfect stone ring sticking out of the sand. Strange symbols have been carved into the smooth rock, glowing with faint orange light. The bridge is pretty easy to spot.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2016-07-03 at 01:19 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Gold Bluff Cove

Nak has some trouble swimming with that big staff, but he manages by holding it in his jaws delicately and paddling with all his limbs and his little tail. He pops out and scuttles across the sand excitedly.
    "Okay, so that's the hole right? I just stick the staff in it? Or do I wait? You said it doesn't open yet." he says, puzzling over her words and trying to figure out what to do.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Fetty will spot Fayyaad quite easily. The bronze-skinned tiefling is wearing a pair of dark red swimming trunks, and is carrying a blanket and a basket. He was happy to accept Fetty's invitations, since beach parties aren't exactly something he's familiar with. But looking around, he can tell he's going to like this Nexus custom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Beachside - Party!]

At the party a long merfolk woman has dragged herself to the beach, her lower body leaving deep tracks in the sand wherever she goes. People might watch out or they might end up tripping over it. She seems to be absentmindedly scanning the beach with metal dowsing rod, people better watch our or they'll run into her, one way or the other.
    "Oh, look who we have here!" Fetty says, sidling over his favorite tiefling and leaning up to give him a peck on the cheek. "Always wearing some shade of red, too. Cute. And, ooh, for moi?" Fetty tries to take the blanket off've Fayadd's hands... and then just throws it around his shoulders, as though emulating a regal cloak. "You're great. Thanks. I was cold. Now come on, let's find a drink... Oh!"

And Fetty nearly trips over... Zhareen! Her long, snaking tail is quite the obstacle, especially while slithering along like that. Zhareen might feel a foot tap against her side before Fetty catches himself... or maybe if Fayaad catches him. "Ho-ho, jeez, that's..." Fetty looks in Zhareen's direction... er, well, in the direction of her torso and other more humanoid features. He looks at Fayaad. "Interesting. Do you think she'd be offended if I asked to ride her?"

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    [Beachside - Party!]

And now Felandria has arrived, carrying her XXXXL beach towel, and some sunscreen, because redhead.

She is wearing a blue bikini with a little hint of black.

Spoiler
    Show

Her hair is in a ponytail, just in case anyone is up for a very lopsided game of beach volleyball.

She will head towards the bar, intent on obtaining a fruity drink.
    It's easy to find the bar... though it'll take a minute to get up to a spot where she can order something. Of course, depending on Fel's current size, it'll also be easy to get the barkeep's attention. He's... strange. An enormous tentacular fellow, glowing various neon hues, his limbs arcing out to catch empty glasses or fill new ones. He's humanoid above the waist, though not exactly normal looking, as his complexion has an almost cartoonish rubbery quality and the top of his head becomes a little array of tentacles merely mimicing hair.

The octo-man runs a hand over his 'hair' and straigthens his black sunglasses, looking at Felandria with widening eyes. "Tell me what you need," he says, with a bit more dramatic bartending flair than is really necessary.

"Hey!" comes another male voice a moment later, this time from beside the giantess. It's Adir! The brown-skinned, scantily-clad fellow seems to have come down from his lifeguard's perch. His nose twitches and his large deer ears lance outward from his very human head in a friendly, inquisitive manner. "You're Felandria, aren't you? You own the house VIGIL's put up in?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-07-03 at 01:46 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters