New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Beachside - Party!]

Adir is tempted to say 'sorry to hear that' but the lady wants to forget! He can understand. The stag grins. "What about me? I'm not the big, beautiful giant hero girl. But I can drink to meeting new people," He holds his up to her fishbowl and offers a little clink.
    Felandria returns the clink!

Thanks, you do flatter so.

But I'm always ending up talking about myself, I usually feel the need to explain stuff too much, the old verbal diarrhea and all that......

Then the water balloons!

Look out!

Fel steps in front of Adir, shielding him while taking several balloons, getting somewhat wet in the process.

Not that she minds, she is in a bathing suit, after all.

Did they get ya?

Speaking of getting ya, can I get ya one of those free shots?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

2. - Top - End - #122
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Beachside Party]

"Uh, I'm Zhareen. Unless I already said that, sometimes I forget what I said the moment it leaves my mouth." Then water balloons starts flying all over the place. "Oh no, we gotta hurry!" And with those words Zhareen will attempt to lift up Fetty with one arm, carrying him as if he was nothing, and quickly crawl over to the bar under the barrage of water balloons. "Parties are so intense these days!"

"Ah-ahaha!"
    Fetty giggles as he's hefted into the air like a stuffed animal. "Whoah! Strong lady!" He puts a hand on top of his head and ducks under a balloon. "Thanks for the cover, fishy! Can I buy you a drink?" He glances over his shoulder. "And I guess for those two, when they catch up?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

Meanwhile, in the bar!

"Oh hey water balloons are coming," Drake observes, giving his wings a buzz as he zips under the projectile intended for him and lashes out at it with his tail. He's swift enough to avoid getting soaked! This time. Seems the other him might have taken the proverbial bullet for the girl under the umbrella. That accomplished, he lands on the wall and begins watching the goings on. He would keep chattering at the bar tender, but he seems to be getting groped by some other guy right now so Drake will be polite and wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

"I, um, errr... That is..." Reinholdt mutters most embarrassedly before climbing back over the bar and avoiding the stares he was getting. "I, uh, no thank you." He didn't even see where the dowsing attack came from and certainly wouldn't want to fight water with more water.

"Sorry for the... interruption." He orders a replacement drink for the one he knocked over and decides to spin in place to face an entirely different direction now. Namely, watching the entrance to make sure nothing like that happened again without him being ready for it.

"Was that no thanks at the flirting, or the balloons, man?"
    The 'tender asks, rubbing the side of his head with a tentacle. "You seem kinda on edge. You wanna shot?"

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria returns the clink!

Thanks, you do flatter so.

But I'm always ending up talking about myself, I usually feel the need to explain stuff too much, the old verbal diarrhea and all that......

Then the water balloons!

Look out!

Fel steps in front of Adir, shielding him while taking several balloons, getting somewhat wet in the process.

Not that she minds, she is in a bathing suit, after all.

Did they get ya?

Speaking of getting ya, can I get ya one of those free shots?

"Oh, please, I'd rather hear about adventures than--"
    Adir starts to wave a hand dismissively, but flinches as she throws herself in front of him. He blinks, crouched on his stool, then resettles with his legs spread out. His ears flatten against the sides of his head. "No, I'm uh, all dry. Thanks, sweetheart."

He takes another little sip from his drink, glancing past Fel toward the source of those odd balloons. "Oh, you don't gotta do a thing like that. I mean, suppose maybe if you did one with me..." He grins. It's broad and foolish. "My heroine here deserves to relax."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #123
    Orc in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

"Oh, please, I'd rather hear about adventures than--"
    Adir starts to wave a hand dismissively, but flinches as she throws herself in front of him. He blinks, crouched on his stool, then resettles with his legs spread out. His ears flatten against the sides of his head. "No, I'm uh, all dry. Thanks, sweetheart."

He takes another little sip from his drink, glancing past Fel toward the source of those odd balloons. "Oh, you don't gotta do a thing like that. I mean, suppose maybe if you did one with me..." He grins. It's broad and foolish. "My heroine here deserves to relax."
    Felandria smiles warmly and giggles.

Thanks, Adir.

I do have some adventuring stories.

There was this one time my friends and I went down into the underdark, and an evil, creepy old wizard stole my body.

This was before I was giant, when I was just tall, he stole my body and stuck me in his, I escaped and tried to warn my friends, but I ended up getting killed in his body and then I was stuck in a soul gem, but they managed to keep it from getting smashed.

When I got my body back, it felt weird for a bit, like wearing a sweater you let your friend wear the day before..

Also, I think he did stuff with i, I'd say the whole situation was a little hellish, but we went to Hell once, so it would seem a bit gauche.

Anyway, what about you, any adventure stories?

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

Fayyaad waves his hand in the direction of an incoming balloon, sending a jet of fire towards it... which only serves to burst the balloon and spray him with water anyway. Soaked, he trots after Zhareen and Fetty.

"Does this happen often?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Usually not at a beach..."
    Seriously, there's enough water here already!
    Turns out knowing about water balloons doesn't protect you being hit with them, and Anchor's blinking at a splash of water herself.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

Zhareen waves away Fayyaads and Anchor's concerns once she managed to put Fetty on a bar stool. "Oh, I'm sure it was just someone who wanted to be nice and refresh us. It's awfully hot today, y'know? And a little water never hurt anyone. In fact, that's exactly what I want now, a big glass of water please!" She requests. "Oh, and my name is "Zhareen", it doesn't really sound at all like fishy, huh." She appears puzzled because of this.

[Tanari Island]

Sargera snarls. "I'm willing to agree to that, as soon as he gives us what's ours and take back those accusations."

Gnizel is addressing Orion this time though. "Hmph, we found the ruins first, we claimed it first. So if you're so eager of solving this kid, have your gnoll friend agree to this, we split the findings seventy/thirty after her people helped us identifying all of it, with us getting the first pick. Then, she might keep the ruins. I'm not apologizing for making reasonable assumptions though."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Rotten Ship

"Water? You better not try to make me soober..." Faithel remarks in her heavily accented voice while she leans heavily against Sorrow's hand to take a sip from the bottle. She grimaces once she managed to swallow it down. "Blech, I think I forgot what water tastes like." This is followed by a series of coughs. "Food... food sounds good though, don't even care what it tastes like. After eating scourge mushrooms, pretty much everything else taste great." She laughs weakly and humorlessly, her voice very thin.
    Then she closes her eyes for a moment. "You know Sorrow, this might be the alcohol talking, and we've just met and all, but do you think you could carry me? It should be easy as I'm pretty sure I've must have lost a couple of pounds on this all alcohol diet. One of ten draenei would recommend..." Faithel muses, her eyes remaining closed.
    Rotten Ship

"Of course."
    She says before bending down to scoop Faithel into a bridal carry in an attempt to walk her out of the room and onto the surface. "I can come back for the rest of your gear after I get you up there. Rest and it will be done soon." She tells the woman. If there's no objections, she'll get to the surface and activate her jump pack so she can carry her up to the top of the cliff with a roar of her pack's jets.

8. - Top - End - #128

Rotten Ship

"Suuure...." Faithel slurs back, her eyelids almost opening for a moment there. She then doesn't raise a single objection on the rocket-pack trip back up to the cliffs. Once they're back up, the blue-skinned woman looks passed out. Sorrow might have to wake her up somehow.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Above the Rocks

Sorrow doesn't bother to wake the woman and instead sets her down on the blanket from earlier before wrapping the extra around her to keep her warm. The Sororitas will take her time afterwards to retrieve the rest of Faithel's equipment. She finds it odd that there's no weaponry stashed away, and afterwards will explore the ship for any good food and water.

When Faithel awakens, she'll find a warm fire has been made next to her, made from the driest wood from the broken ship and lit with some sparks and strong booze. It is a small fire, but it is certainly warm. A ration bar has been set next to her, as well as a wooden bowl from the ship next to a pony-keg of water. Sorrow sits near by, running a cloth over her helm and showing her face. She appears to be in her mid-to-late 20s with white hair down to just above her shoulders and skin nearly as pale. A fleur-de-lis tattoo rests on one cheek while the other bears a self-made scar that seems to pulsate with a sickening power. Most disturbing however is her eyes, twin blood-red pools that seem to gaze at nothing in particular as she cleans her gear. And it might simply be a trick of the light, but a haze of heat seems to radiate from her head.

Near by, a variety of weapons and armor is laid out neatly, gathered from the ship and set apart from the armor Faithel had that Sorrow gathered.

10. - Top - End - #130

Above the Rocks

Faithel's pale white eyes flickers open eventually and then first thing she does is getting on all four and throwing up, or rather attempting to as there is very little escaping her mouth. "Uhh... Katethi Keleos... my head..." She mutters while staring down at the ground.
    Then ever so slowly, her gaze wanders up to Sorrow who can see them glowing faint blue, even in the yellow light of the fire. "What's up with your eyes?" She blurts out. "Magic incident?"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Above the Rocks

"There's water in the keg, so use the bowl to drink it. The ration bars are tough and you'll need a lot of water to eat them, but they'll give your stomach something to digest. If you can't stomach them, then we will have to fish. The rest of the food on your ship was rotten, unfortunately."
    Sorrow explains before finally putting her helm aside. "These eyes and other...changes are marks I bear to show that I must redeem myself in the eyes of my god." She explains.

12. - Top - End - #132

Above the Rocks

Faithel crawls over to the keg and shakily fills the bowl before drinking deeply from it. She then takes a deep breath before stuffing her mouth with a ration bar and swallows it down with another bowl of water. "...redemption eh? Been there, done that." She seems almost amused now, but there is sadness behind that smile. "So you've been corrupted, is that it? I'm not judging at all, since I'm well past redemption."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Felandria smiles warmly and giggles.

Thanks, Adir.

I do have some adventuring stories.

There was this one time my friends and I went down into the underdark, and an evil, creepy old wizard stole my body.

This was before I was giant, when I was just tall, he stole my body and stuck me in his, I escaped and tried to warn my friends, but I ended up getting killed in his body and then I was stuck in a soul gem, but they managed to keep it from getting smashed.

When I got my body back, it felt weird for a bit, like wearing a sweater you let your friend wear the day before..

Also, I think he did stuff with i, I'd say the whole situation was a little hellish, but we went to Hell once, so it would seem a bit gauche.

Anyway, what about you, any adventure stories?

"Uh, nothing quite like that. And certainly no adventures in hell,"
    Adir shakes his head. He sips his first drink. "I don't do wacky body-swap stuff. Don't get me wrong, sounds creepy, but most of my stuff is steeped in blood. It's, uh, ugly." He grins rather sheepishly.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beachside - Party!]

Fayyaad waves his hand in the direction of an incoming balloon, sending a jet of fire towards it... which only serves to burst the balloon and spray him with water anyway. Soaked, he trots after Zhareen and Fetty.

"Does this happen often?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Usually not at a beach..."
    Seriously, there's enough water here already!
    Turns out knowing about water balloons doesn't protect you being hit with them, and Anchor's blinking at a splash of water herself.
    [Beachside - Party!]

Zhareen waves away Fayyaads and Anchor's concerns once she managed to put Fetty on a bar stool. "Oh, I'm sure it was just someone who wanted to be nice and refresh us. It's awfully hot today, y'know? And a little water never hurt anyone. In fact, that's exactly what I want now, a big glass of water please!" She requests. "Oh, and my name is "Zhareen", it doesn't really sound at all like fishy, huh." She appears puzzled because of this.
    Fetty, still not wet, holds his taut belly and giggles. "Zhareen here's got a great outlook on the world. I'm sorry, miss Zhareen. It's lovely to meet you," Fetty offers his hand to her, and if he can take the mermaid's, he'll snatch a kiss on the knuckles! "Come on, Fayyaad, sit by me! I'll protect you. And you, dear, if you wish." He turns from them both and steals a wink at Anchor.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #134
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Drake is dried off!

Rather ineffectually!

But sometimes it's the thought that counts.

"Oh wow thanks I hate being wet it's pretty much the worst not as bad as getting eaten or smushed by still pretty bad so I try to avoid it as much as I can but you can't always avoid it because what if it starts raining you know since you can't control the weather but I guess some people can except I'm not one of them since I'm just a bunch of lizards."

Don't sell yourself short, Drake.

You're so much more than just a bunch of lizards.

Hmm...

Maybe the girl is going to try the honey now?

Drake is waiting expectantly to find out what she thinks about it.

Meanwhile!

"You should try some honey!" Drake suggests to Rein. "Everyone loves honey, and you're part of everyone so I'll bet you would love it too."

Well.

That's pretty sound logic.

[Tanari Island]

Oh boy, now for the fun part!

At least this next little bit should be simple.

"Do you find Gnizel's counter-offer agreeable?" Orion asks of the gnoll leader. If not, then it may be time for a counter-counter offer. Because that's part and parcel with negotiation.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Above the Rocks

The ration bar is...tough. It is easy enough to take a bite of, but the flavor is almost non-existent, it takes a long time to chew, and it is almost as dry as bone. It was going to take a while to choke it down.

...or she can just wolf it down like that, in which case Sorrow just shakes her head in amazement at such a feat.

The Sister's hands stop when she's accused of Corruption and for a brief moment the haze around her head expands and writhes violently. Her expression doesn't change at all, but Faithel will sense that a powerful fury lurks right beneath the surface of her skin. Those red eyes stare at her for a moment before closing and causing the sense of anger to vanish as the woman chains it up once more. She continues on with her cleaning as if nothing happened, but she speaks after a bit. "Corruption, no. I am faithful to my God-Emperor still and I always will be. The shame I must make amends for is that I fell into a battle-lust and allowed my Sisters to be slaughtered as a result." The way she says it seems to tell Faithel that she's trying to convince herself that it is the truth, as well as trying to convince Faithel.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach Party

The shadow creature puts the towel down once it seems Drake is content with the amount of drying that has occurred. Drake was still a very strange. He didn't seem to be a lizard at all, despite its words. Well he kind of resembled a lizard. But lizards don't fly or talk. Maybe Drake was experimented on. That would explain a lot.

She takes a moment to glance up, as if reminding Drake of the umbrella whose shade she was currently occupying. If he didn't want to get wet when it rained, he could always use an umbrella. Theoretically that's what they're there for. To avoid the wet.

Now that there are less bombardment of doom balloons and Drake isn't writhing in agony anymore, she will return to her prior action. Still using the tendrils of questionable origins, she pops off the top and moves the honeycomb under her hood where it disappears into the inky black void that seems to make up her palette. Presumably this is where she hides her mouth too hideous for human eyes to gaze upon for when the honeycomb is pulled back out into the relative light, it has been drained of its honey.

Well she didn't spit it out in disguise or start crying in fear so I guess she liked it. Her unchanged facial expression of intensely staring at Drake isn't really giving much help. Well, maybe the staring appears to relax a little.

"The balloons. And I'll drink anything." Reinholdt raises an eyebrow as a mer... something enters the bar, though can't be too surprised with tentacle man about. He gives Anchor and Fayyaad a wave of recognition before turning to take the shot of honey. He almost drinks it too, before stopping and peering at it suspiciously. Then looking over at Drake and peering at him suspiciously.

"Waiiiit. You're awfully eager to push this thing on people." He points accusingly. How rude. "You aren't trying to get a bunch of people to drink your honey so that we all horribly mutate and turn into creatures like you thereby forcing us to join your hive, are you?" Everyone loves honey sounds an awful lot like an evil mutation cult hive franchise slogan.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2016-07-10 at 07:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

"Protect me? Well, I feel very reassured now," Fayyaad says, sitting next to Fetty. "I'll have something light and cold, I think."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #138

[Beachside - Party!]

"Maybe not directly but I've noticed just how you've changed the way you listen whenever I'm singing to you." the muse replied, hoisting a large cooler down from it's perch to beachfront property. She brought down another, using it as a socially acceptable reason to not immediately respond to Willa, and fiddled with the handles of each before turning her head to say "I suppose 'fun' might be one way to put it. Though speaking of fun.." there was a nearly imperceptible pause as Riss hesitated. "Want to help us set up a bit?" she asked. It wasn't something she actually needed help with but.. Well, trying to engage with people was easier when there was a reason.

And plus free labor if Willa accepted.

"I've probably brought a few too many things but ice blocks don't really transport well in anything but cold storage." she said.

19. - Top - End - #139

Above the Rocks

Faithel will simply swallow it down with water then. She notices Sorrows reaction though, it was obvious even to her that she probably should change the subject. "I didn't meant I had managed to get redeemed, not in the traditional way anyway. Sometimes you just have to do the best with the new situation you're in you kno'ow? There is simply no way to go back to what was and you just have to accept the new hand you're given, no matter how much it might suck, and make the best out of it. Have you, for instance, tried to drink the problems away?" The blue-skinned woman smiles. "Makes one less depressed at the very least. I personally a real downer while I'm sober, it's not really fun for anyone."

Beach Party

"Oh, thanks!" Zhareen replies in a casual tone, the kiss on her knuckle apparently having meant very little. "Nice to meet you too everyone. I don't often meet people outside Riverside. Where are you all from?"

[Tanari Island]

It looks like Sargera might reject the offer outright, but instead she turns to Orion. "Stay out of this now, I don't need a cub to talk for me." She says dismissively. before turning away once again. "I do have a counter offer though, I want the same legal rights as you do to claim future sites such as this. No matter how things go in court. I also want at least of the half of the artifacts found, I won't settle for less."

"Whoa, that will only lead to future conflict if we are to compete for each island. Instead we should have the same agreement for each site, and we divide the profit fifty/fifty, just like you want."

Sargera pause, considering. "We'll see. I have to think this over. Until then, ceasefire?"

"Agreed. Ceasefire. But you'll send back my interns, right?"

"Hmph, interns..." Sargera turns abruptly turns around and marches off, her two body-guards at her heels.
    "Well... that went better than expected." Gnizel admits once she's gone.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach Party]

"I come from a land called Moran-Ir, and I've come here on a... holiday, of sorts," Fayyaad says. "I've been loving the place, so far."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Beachside Party!

Those poor fools should be more apprehensive of Misha, and less of her now bounding, loping dope of a murderbeast. The last time she was at a beach party, she sort of threw a tidal wave at it as a prank. She should be fairly infamous! But lewd stares are commonplace where she's concerned, and she's plenty used to them. In fact, she doesn't even seem to mind, wriggling her hips as she searches around in the cart for what turns out to be a massive backpack, sturdy cloth sides fitted with two side dispensers about the size of a softball. Straightening her back, she scans the crowd of miscreants, perverts, deviants and drunkards. A deft flick of her fingers opens a hatch, letting a perfectly filled water balloon slide down into her palm. She hefts it experimentally, considering her targets with care. And then shrugs and just begins flinging balloons from atop the hillside with glee, letting her inborn control over water arc and guide the projectiles farther than they should possibly go. A few will even expertly bounce through the doors of the bar, curving impossibly with the last of their momentum to strike out at targets who should have otherwise been safe. It wasn't quite a tsunami, but Misha wanted to ensure everyone could get good and soaked regardless. Well, everyone who didn't have very good dodging skills. She could only fit so many in the pack, and so at most she could allocate one per person.

Imp, the great big hellbeast, has decided to charge straight past everyone on the shore and wade out into the surf, intent on playing with some sharks. Failing that, dolphins, squids, manatees, or moderately sized whales will do in a pinch. Misha expects they'll have to cook more than one whole aquatic monster before the day is out, but the barbecue pit isn't her duty, so she's fine with that.

Rather than throw at Willa, Misha simply ambles up to her and tries to slap a water balloon against the centaur's chest, "I think she was talking about me, Mimi." She turns to Riss with a smile, "Have I told you how great it is hearing things now that these big long ears aren't just for show?"
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Party!

Willa does absolutely nothing to stop her, and even grins the entire time. After all, it takes a lot more than the snapping of a plastic balloon to make her flinch. And she's already dressed for water.
    "I meant yer pack-beast, actually. Ya don't look all that crazy from where I'm standin'. I'd have said somethin' else if I meant any of ya. Fun, maybe."
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Beachside - Party!]

"Maybe not directly but I've noticed just how you've changed the way you listen whenever I'm singing to you." the muse replied, hoisting a large cooler down from it's perch to beachfront property. She brought down another, using it as a socially acceptable reason to not immediately respond to Willa, and fiddled with the handles of each before turning her head to say "I suppose 'fun' might be one way to put it. Though speaking of fun.." there was a nearly imperceptible pause as Riss hesitated. "Want to help us set up a bit?" she asked. It wasn't something she actually needed help with but.. Well, trying to engage with people was easier when there was a reason.

And plus free labor if Willa accepted.

"I've probably brought a few too many things but ice blocks don't really transport well in anything but cold storage." she said.
    [Beachside - Party!]

"Oh..." Mimi crosses her arms and flits closer to Riss again. Hrm, well... Oh, what's this! Mimi flies over to circle around Misha. "You're throwing them already?! You're supposed to wait till I'm watching!" Mimi protests. Well, she's here now, right?

22. - Top - End - #142

Beachside Party - Aquaerial Bombardment

"That's why we brought all the extras, Mimi! I just wanted to get everyone's attention so they'd know we're here to make the party more fun!" Misha responds more loudly than necessary, unsubtly hinting to beachgoers that there's free ammunition, fun, and competitions available at the cart. And speaking of extras, Misha flips open the top of her oversized backpack to reveal dozens of baggies of unfilled water balloons taking up the majority of its storage space. No pumps, though, but anyone getting a bag worth of balloons from her can probably fill them at the bar, or just ask the nereid herself to fill them from the ocean. She takes out one of the colourful assortments and tosses it towards Willa as compensation for the mixup about who the centaur was calling weird.

"Are you in charge of the watermelons or the ice carving, Mimi? I can't remember which is which?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

Willa smiles and takes the little collection of balloons and sticks in her saddlebag. She likes that one. Well, she likes the ones who are smiling. Really, asking strangers for work? She'd object more if she wasn't wearing an outfit making her fitness so obvious. So she considers the request.
    "Yeah, I s'pose I can help ya a little. Depends on what you need, though. My brother's the draft horse in the family. But I can spare ya a few minutes, assumin' I'll be getting a thank-you at least." she offers Riss pleasantly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

24. - Top - End - #144

[Beachside Party]

"How does first go at the watermelon sound then?" the muse replied, pointing towards another albeit smaller cooler with her self that was still on the cart, ensuring that everything had been locked down properly as well as grabbing a large sun umbrella and several beach towels.

""And.. Well, first go and I make sure you end up with a decent slice or two that comes up properly cut." she adds with a hint of a mischievous grin. Turning to Mimi, her expression softened a bit as she broke into more of a smile. "Now that Misha's cleared us a spot, think you could find us a place to set up?" she would ask once the pixie had made her decision on just what she would be in charge of.

"Anyway, if I'm asking you to help, I suppose I'll lay another question on you and ask your name while we're at it." Riss said, turning back to Willa, not entirely dropping the softened expression. "I'm, er, Well, my name is Clarissa but just 'Riss' is fine." she began. "You've probably heard but this is Misha and she is Mimi." she continued, gesturing towards each other fey in succession. "The worst part about the both of them being here is that I can't introduce either of them as 'the sexy woman over there' as they both fit the bill." she added, slightly forcing a laugh in hopes that it would get a real one out of the centaur.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

"Uh, nothing quite like that. And certainly no adventures in hell,"
    Adir shakes his head. He sips his first drink. "I don't do wacky body-swap stuff. Don't get me wrong, sounds creepy, but most of my stuff is steeped in blood. It's, uh, ugly." He grins rather sheepishly.
    Felandria puts a hand on his shoulder.

Hey, don't worry about it, I've seen some things that haunt me, too, best thing to do is move forward.

That being said, it's quite fun to share stories with new friends.

Hey, wanna see something cool, check it out.

Fel reaches inside her rolled towel and pulls out a rod.

She holds it out in front of her and pushes the button, then lets go as it remains in place.

Man, I love these things.

They're so versatile,like today they're to hold my towel down so it doesn't blow away in a wind, but they're great for exercise, they can be an instant chin up bar or they can hold your legs down when you do sit ups!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Above the Rocks

Faithel will simply swallow it down with water then. She notices Sorrows reaction though, it was obvious even to her that she probably should change the subject. "I didn't meant I had managed to get redeemed, not in the traditional way anyway. Sometimes you just have to do the best with the new situation you're in you kno'ow? There is simply no way to go back to what was and you just have to accept the new hand you're given, no matter how much it might suck, and make the best out of it. Have you, for instance, tried to drink the problems away?" The blue-skinned woman smiles. "Makes one less depressed at the very least. I personally a real downer while I'm sober, it's not really fun for anyone."
    Above the Rocks

"That is what I am already attempting."
    Sorrow admits after a bit. "Managing my best, that is. Drinking would be a...mistake. A serious one. What is inside me needs to be restrained at all times." She explains, setting her helmet aside and pulling her ornate chainsword into her lap. Despite being deactivated it gives an audible purr in her hands as she begins to wipe it down and apply clean sterile oil to its sharp chain and the angelic grip. "I have settled on slaying anything or anyone that threatens the livelihood of my remaining Sisters. I will never be accepted into their ranks again, but I will protect them as best I can."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Mimi frowns. "I dunno. It's kinda hard for me to do either." Everything's so dumb and huge sometimes! It makes it hard for a normal sized person like her to get anything done. "Can't you just do it? I can help with part of it or something."

28. - Top - End - #148

Above the Rocks

"Oh... uh, I'm like the worst person to ask advice from then. I'd tell you to just pick up some other hobby, but I was never able to follow that advice myself. It helps a bit though, I collect gems I find on my travels and cut them into little sculptures. Gives you something else to think of for a while, you know? History is another old subject I put great interest in. Just anything but the constant slaughter. As they say, she who fights monsters should look to it that she herself does not become a monster." Despite the grim quote, Faithel still smiles by the end. "Though perhaps it's a bit too late for the both of us?" She ask rehorically. "Being a monster ain't so bad. You can cut past any line, plus it's the perfect excuse when you take take the last beer, 'I am a monster, I can't help it'."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-07-13 at 05:22 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Beachside Party]

The movement catches her eyes and Anchor waves back. "Hi!" But that's all. Don't want to come between a cat and his drink.

Now, there must be a seat on the other side of Fetty, right? Still nice and safe? She gives him a clear smile in return.
    "From Inside, but I kind of go all over these days."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #150

Spoiler: Beachside Party
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Beachside Party

Willa smiles and takes the little collection of balloons and sticks in her saddlebag. She likes that one. Well, she likes the ones who are smiling. Really, asking strangers for work? She'd object more if she wasn't wearing an outfit making her fitness so obvious. So she considers the request.
    "Yeah, I s'pose I can help ya a little. Depends on what you need, though. My brother's the draft horse in the family. But I can spare ya a few minutes, assumin' I'll be getting a thank-you at least." she offers Riss pleasantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Beachside Party]

"How does first go at the watermelon sound then?" the muse replied, pointing towards another albeit smaller cooler with her self that was still on the cart, ensuring that everything had been locked down properly as well as grabbing a large sun umbrella and several beach towels.

""And.. Well, first go and I make sure you end up with a decent slice or two that comes up properly cut." she adds with a hint of a mischievous grin. Turning to Mimi, her expression softened a bit as she broke into more of a smile. "Now that Misha's cleared us a spot, think you could find us a place to set up?" she would ask once the pixie had made her decision on just what she would be in charge of.

"Anyway, if I'm asking you to help, I suppose I'll lay another question on you and ask your name while we're at it." Riss said, turning back to Willa, not entirely dropping the softened expression. "I'm, er, Well, my name is Clarissa but just 'Riss' is fine." she began. "You've probably heard but this is Misha and she is Mimi." she continued, gesturing towards each other fey in succession. "The worst part about the both of them being here is that I can't introduce either of them as 'the sexy woman over there' as they both fit the bill." she added, slightly forcing a laugh in hopes that it would get a real one out of the centaur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Beachside Party]

Mimi frowns. "I dunno. It's kinda hard for me to do either." Everything's so dumb and huge sometimes! It makes it hard for a normal sized person like her to get anything done. "Can't you just do it? I can help with part of it or something."

"Well, Riss can probably handle both the ice sculpture and watermelon contests while I stir up a water balloon fight, but I was wondering what you wanted to help with. I suppose you could air bomb people with balloons too. Or maybe just do your own thing. Or help Imp hunt sharks? Plenty of stuff to do." Misha replies reasonably, an arm snaking around a Riss torso when she's complimented, and a peck on the cheek delivered as thanks for saying she's sexy.

"I just thought you'd like laughing at people trying to cut melons in half. I bet less than a quarter of everyone here's even held a sword before in their life." She wouldn't bet any lower than that though. Nexus, after all.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.