New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

[Beachside Party]

"Dying of deadly neurotoxin, I take it?" Orion asks, trying his best to lighten an awful subject a little bit. "How did you manage to get yourself into that kind of situation? Things don't just wander around here stabbing people in the arm with syringes full of neurotoxin, do they?"

Gosh.

He sure HOPES that doesn't happen.

Because Orion really would rather avoid getting poisoned if he can help it.

Meanwhile, somewhere out in the surf, a sea wasp is feeling lonely and would love to provide someone with a hug.

Poor, poor lonely sea wasp.

Won't anyone share friendship with it?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

Sam shakes his head.
    "No, it was my fault. But can we uh, not talk about what was objectively the worst day of my life? This is a party, you know." he asks gently.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #183

[Seaside Party]

"Oh, ah.. sorry..." Orion says, his ears drooping. "Right, don't want to kill the mood. This is a party after all."

Sadly, Orion is a socially awkward nerd.

He's not totally sure what to do at social gatherings like this.

Typically he'll try desperately to find someone else with a passion for archeology and folklore to chat with.

Or, barring that, table top RPing and fantasy literature.

Sadly, that's a pretty narrow range of interest. Which means he typically spends his time at parties hanging about awkwardly.

Maybe they could... um... play...

"Volleyball?" Orion offers. "Are you any good at volleyball? Those people over there have a game going."

At least... he's pretty sure they're playing volleyball. It might be some weird Nexus sport that just appears to be volleyball. Never know around here.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Seaside Party

Sam shakes his head.
    "Uh, I don't know the rules of that game. Well, come to think of it, I don't know how to swim, either. I'm not really sure how I thought this would go well for me." he admits, tugging at one of his ears.

5. - Top - End - #185

[Beachside Party]

"You don't know how to SWIM?" Orion gasps. "Alright, we aren't having that. C'mon, you're going to learn how to swim."

The akhlut rises to his feet and makes a 'come hither' gesture with his tail flukes as he trots toward the surf.

"The waves here are pretty gentle and there's a wide sand bar, too," he says. "This part of the beach is pretty much perfect for swimming. And if you get in trouble, I can bail you out pretty easily with my whole water elemental thing."

He could start being whale sized under Sam if Sam is in trouble.

Of course...

The water where Orion is trotting is only about four to six feet deep.

If Sam wanted to avoid drowning he would just have to stand up.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

Sam gulps and follows the sea-dog, wading into the water with his somewhat short legs. The water is only up to his chin at its highest until Orion goes deeper, so he doesn't have any trouble with breathing just yet.
    "So, what happens if I just sink?" he asks, not really sure how buoyancy works.

7. - Top - End - #187

[Beachside Party]

"Then you stand up, of course," Orion replies as he paddles around in circles, kicking his little webbed feet and splashing his tail. Sam might notice that he can hear Orion just fine despite the fact that Orion's mouth is both underwater and motionless. The weird whaledog is probably talking via his blowhole. "When you're learning to swim, the first thing you need to learn is how to float without panicking. That's why we're in water where you can touch the bottom standing up."

Seems simple enough.

Benign, even!

"So here's what you need to learn first. How to float without panicking. Everyone floats no problem, trouble happens when people start to panic. Now, just fill your lungs with a deep breath and start leaning backwards. Let the water hold you up. If you start to feel uncomfortable, just put your feet down again."

His trotters, Orion.

Sam has trotters.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

Sam leans back slowly until he falls back into the water, a motion that would pair excellently with a cartoon sound effect of straining metal.
    "So....is this it?" he asks, bobbing in the water. Luckily he has a very buoyant torso despite his mass.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    "Well, Riss can probably handle both the ice sculpture and watermelon contests while I stir up a water balloon fight, but I was wondering what you wanted to help with. I suppose you could air bomb people with balloons too. Or maybe just do your own thing. Or help Imp hunt sharks? Plenty of stuff to do." Misha replies reasonably, an arm snaking around a Riss torso when she's complimented, and a peck on the cheek delivered as thanks for saying she's sexy.

"I just thought you'd like laughing at people trying to cut melons in half. I bet less than a quarter of everyone here's even held a sword before in their life." She wouldn't bet any lower than that though. Nexus, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Beachside Party

Willa nods, and goes over, hefting the cooler onto her horse-back and comfortably moving it to where it has to go.
    "Willa's m'name. Pleased to meet y'all. But uh, what do you mean properly cut? You want me to try cutting a melon? I think I might be cheating since I'm, well, trained." she says with a confident shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Beachside Party]

"Oh fine. But I'll find you something else to do later!" Riss replied to the reluctant pixie albeit with a smile. The muse knew she wasn't much for people but that didn't mean she couldn't help her fey have fun with others. At least, that was what she felt interacting with others should be like. She would admit that sometimes it could be fun or at least not that bad.

Slightly leaning into Misha though not too much given that she still carried a cooler, she tittered from the light peck before replying to Willa. "Oh, now that you say that then I'll probably have to ask you to stick nearby just to show everyone else up then." she said, a little more conversational flow to her tone. "Or maybe you'd like to pose for an ice sculpture as Vit- Misha just mentioned." she suggested thoughtfully. "You've got a nice figure so I don't see why not if you'd be up for it. I've got a pretty good memory so it's not like you'd have to stand around in the sun for ages or anything." she added, finally reaching a spot on the beach that seemed like a good area to stop and setting down the container.
    [Beachside Party]

"Oh." Mimi may have misunderstood. Here she thought Misha wanted her to try and muddle through setting up this giant stuff on her own. "I can help Riss set stuff up." She says, even if she's not exactly sure what she'd do. Staying with Riss sounds like the best option in any case.

10. - Top - End - #190

[Beachside Party]

"That's pretty much all there is to it," Orion replies. "This is why panicking is really the only thing you have to worry about when it comes to swimming."

Barring things like lethal undertow currents.

"So long as you float, you're fine. And floating really doesn't take much in the way of effort,"
    Orion says as he continues paddling about with his tail. "Now spread your arms out and push against the water with them. Cupping your hands a bit helps," Orion continues, showing off his webbed paws as a nice visual aid.

Poor Sam.

He lacks adorable webbed otter paws for hands.

That means he'll be far less effective when it comes to the swimmings.

But not everyone can be an amphibious sea mammal thing.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

"All of them?" he asks, moving lazily in the water.
    With any luck the lessons can go smoothly. Sam isn't really at risk of getting tired for a while.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Above the Rocks

Sorrow's explanation doesn't make Faithel look any less skeptical. "Fortified... paper." She slowly repeats. "Ah, Eidthi, it isn't the weirdest thing I've eaten." Eidthi likely being some kind of swear word considering the way she says it. She glumps down the piece of paper. "A hot bath? Yeah, that and some fine wine would be beautiful about now. Anything that could wash off this stench..." She gestures at the dirty, tattered clothing underneath her armor.
    Above the Rocks

Sorrow gives a slight smile at the mention of the bad smell. "I wasn't going to mention it." She says, joking just a bit in a true effort to be a little friendly. "If you have rested, then choose which of these blades you wish and let us see if we can find a natural spring or a place that offers a bath then." She decides as she pulls on her helm and begins putting everything back into their appropriate pouches over the course of a few minutes. "It is always best to continue on with a goal in mind after all. An empty mind is Their plaything."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    I dunno, he musta been pretty smart though.

It's a neat weapon too, somebody charges at ya, you just hold it out pointy ways and click it in place, then they get the wind knocked out of them.

You think this is neat, I got a whole bunch of cool things like this.

You can come over to the house sometime!

"Okay! Although I'll admit, I've been there once or twice already. Uh, I hope that's okay? I think it was? Wenomir let me in. We're old friends,"
    Adir explains, blushing just a tiny bit due to the fact that he technically entered Fel's house without even meeting her prior.

[Beachside - Party!]

Zhareen waves to the kitty as well! How adorable!

Her attention is brought back to the conversation by Fetty's story however. "Earth? Who'd name their world after dirt? My world is called Elshar, it means 'all'. It is really lovely too, well, if you don't mind all the monsters. Really cool place though, we should really visit one another's worlds someday!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beachside - Party!]

"I'm a little unwelcome in my homeland at the moment," Fayyaad says smoothly. "Otherwise I'd love to show it to you all."
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Inside. Really. I can't recommend it as a place to raise kids. Or for adults. Or at all. It was eye-opening, I guess, but this-"

"What? Tons of people name a world after what its made out of!"

Anchor protests. She knows of like 5 'Earth's, one of which is orbited by a 'Cheese' and itself revolves around 'Fire'. Not to mention the 'Erda's and the 'Terra's and so on. It's only normal.
    "So you've seen my world already, Zhareen. But I'd love to see these other places."

"That's, uh, quite a leap,"
    Fetty says of Zhareen's suggestion. "I don't mind travelling, though. I guess Fayyaad here doesn't either. Maybe someday, huh, handsome?" He tries to put an arm around the tiefling.

"Mine's not much of a sight to see. 'Cept the safe zones. I like Inside much better! Hell, I'd rather raise kids there, dubious danger or otherwise,"
    Fetty says. He casually takes the shot of honey he received a few moments ago. What's that do again?
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

"Oh, I love travelling," Fayyaad says, his tail wrapping around Fetty. "There were a few easier ways of escaping the heat back home, but I chose the most interesting one. You'll be the first I invite if I decide to go back," he tells his lover with a wink.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #195

[Beachside Party]

Oh.

Right.

Sam has a ton of arms, doesn't he?

"I... guess so?"
    Orion replies a bit uncertainly.

He's not quite sure how swimming with a ton of arms works?

Can't be any harder than swimming with just two.

Right?

16. - Top - End - #196

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Beachside Party

Willa nods, and goes over, hefting the cooler onto her horse-back and comfortably moving it to where it has to go.
    "Willa's m'name. Pleased to meet y'all. But uh, what do you mean properly cut? You want me to try cutting a melon? I think I might be cheating since I'm, well, trained." she says with a confident shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Beachside Party]

"Oh fine. But I'll find you something else to do later!" Riss replied to the reluctant pixie albeit with a smile. The muse knew she wasn't much for people but that didn't mean she couldn't help her fey have fun with others. At least, that was what she felt interacting with others should be like. She would admit that sometimes it could be fun or at least not that bad.

Slightly leaning into Misha though not too much given that she still carried a cooler, she tittered from the light peck before replying to Willa. "Oh, now that you say that then I'll probably have to ask you to stick nearby just to show everyone else up then." she said, a little more conversational flow to her tone. "Or maybe you'd like to pose for an ice sculpture as Vit- Misha just mentioned." she suggested thoughtfully. "You've got a nice figure so I don't see why not if you'd be up for it. I've got a pretty good memory so it's not like you'd have to stand around in the sun for ages or anything." she added, finally reaching a spot on the beach that seemed like a good area to stop and setting down the container.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Beachside Party]

"Oh." Mimi may have misunderstood. Here she thought Misha wanted her to try and muddle through setting up this giant stuff on her own. "I can help Riss set stuff up." She says, even if she's not exactly sure what she'd do. Staying with Riss sounds like the best option in any case.
    Beachside Party

Misha reaches over to the cooler in Riss' hand and taps its lid, and the muse may detect a faint tinkling like shattered glass within as the nereid winks at her unsubtly and pulls back with a loving caress across her red-haired lover's arm.

Then she whirls on the spot and races down the hill, waving plastic packets above her head and no doubt attracting plenty of attention with her bouncy, exuberant gait, "Free water balloons, filled on the spot! Get some ammo here!" She'll be handing out and filling balloons to anyone who asks, and probably plenty who don't. The plastic baggies unfold smartly into mesh baskets when they're shaken, tiny seam lines splitting to accommodate the filled balloons so everyone can cart around their full loads of summer fun.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Two new people arrive at the beach. First is Joel, a tanned half-elf with blue eyes and long dark hair. He was dressed in a pair of green board shorts and a button down Hawaiian shirt with a brown tiki pattern on it. Under one arm he carried a towel and a beach umbrella, across his back was an acoustic guitar.

With him was Victoria, a half-fiend with pale skin and honey colored curls done up in a pony tail. She was dressed in a pink plaid ruffled bikini and carried a large bag full of beach-going essentials. Two tiny horns sprouted from her forehead, and her wings were red and feathery. Her left wing was crooked and didn't sit against her back as evenly as the right. She looked nervous.

"Gods, there's a lot of people here." She said to Joel.

"Don't worry about it, Tori. Everyone's just here to have a good time. Besides, I'm with you. I won't let anything bad happen." He promised.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party- Sam

Sam waves his arms in the water, moving slowly.
    "All at the same time seems to work fine." he comments, floating. He'd say more, but he's just sort of enjoying the moment.

Beachside party- Willa

Willa gives a small laugh at the ice sculpture suggestion.
    "Well, if yer plannin' on makin' that thing to scale, I hope you brought a pretty stinkin' huge block of ice. Slim figure or not, I ain't lyin' to myself about my size. Horses ain't small. But I'll stick around either way, for yer contest or the art." she offers with a shrug.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Tanari Island]

Orion considers the offer, but finally he shakes his head. "No, I think I need to make the journey on my own," Orion finally concludes. "I need to get use to... this..." he glances back and gives his tail a shake. "I can tell that whatever did this is yanking me around from place to place for a reason. Not sure what that reason IS yet but... I just can't shake it. I'll be safe. Or safe enough at least. When you can dissolve into water while swimming in water, well, I can't think of a better way of hiding from something that means ill."

What would the sea monster do?

Gulp up the whole ocean and hope for the best?

"Just give me a heading and I'll take it from there," Orion insists. "I think the compass I've got in my head will take things from there."

Having a compass in your brain meats is pretty darn helpful.

All sorts of animals that roam long distances have them! Super handy.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Above the Rocks

Sorrow gives a slight smile at the mention of the bad smell. "I wasn't going to mention it." She says, joking just a bit in a true effort to be a little friendly. "If you have rested, then choose which of these blades you wish and let us see if we can find a natural spring or a place that offers a bath then." She decides as she pulls on her helm and begins putting everything back into their appropriate pouches over the course of a few minutes. "It is always best to continue on with a goal in mind after all. An empty mind is Their plaything."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

"That's, uh, quite a leap,"
    Fetty says of Zhareen's suggestion. "I don't mind travelling, though. I guess Fayyaad here doesn't either. Maybe someday, huh, handsome?" He tries to put an arm around the tiefling.

"Mine's not much of a sight to see. 'Cept the safe zones. I like Inside much better! Hell, I'd rather raise kids there, dubious danger or otherwise,"
    Fetty says. He casually takes the shot of honey he received a few moments ago. What's that do again?
    [Tanari Island]

"'kay, suit yourself then, kid." The goblin pauses. "But, i guess I ought to pay you for that job. Can't go around owing people favors can I?" The goblin himself appears in the flesh as he emerges from the still gathered group of soldiers standing about the steeps. He will hand over a bag of gold and a map of part of Seaside to Orion. "There you go, friend. Payment for this whole ordeal. Just take care now and while you swim, don't go investigating floating corpses, that's a bad idea!"

Looks like he can leave now with this conflict taken care of.

Beachside party

"Oh, but the nexus consists of several worlds, doesn't it?" Zhareen inquires. "Not sure if just being here counts as you being in all of them at once. Like, Inside and Riverside could be completely different worlds, not to mention Skyside!" She takes a sip of water before continuing. "That's why the nexus is so fascinating. You could probably wander into any of our worlds from here by accident, or go the other way around." The merwoman nods Before she appears to get an idea. "Oh! Does any of you like to get their fortune told? It's free for you!"

Above the Rocks

"There are hot springs at a place like this? Kaso, looks like the light haven't completely abandoned me then." Faithel remarks with a amused smirk as she leans back. "Now all I need is a proper pillow and life will almost be on the right track again. So let's find that mysterious hot spring of yours sister, talaedos, talaein." She then slowly gets up. "So, lead the way. Haven't been in a spring since I fell into one in Northrend."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-08-03 at 04:01 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

"Oh, but the nexus consists of several worlds, doesn't it?" Zhareen inquires. "Not sure if just being here counts as you being in all of them at once. Like, Inside and Riverside could be completely different worlds, not to mention Skyside!" She takes a sip of water before continuing. "That's why the nexus is so fascinating. You could probably wander into any of our worlds from here by accident, or go the other way around." The merwoman nods Before she appears to get an idea. "Oh! Does any of you like to get their fortune told? It's free for you!"
    "That's, uh, quite a leap," Fetty says of Zhareen's suggestion. "I don't mind travelling, though. I guess Fayyaad here doesn't either. Maybe someday, huh, handsome?" He tries to put an arm around the tiefling.

"Mine's not much of a sight to see. 'Cept the safe zones. I like Inside much better! Hell, I'd rather raise kids there, dubious danger or otherwise," Fetty says. He casually takes the shot of honey he received a few moments ago. What's that do again?
    Anchor raises an eyebrow at Fetty. Those poor hypothetical kids. But then she focuses on Zhareen's happy babble.
    "I think the point of the Nexus is that there's just one! But we probably could. You just take a wrong turn and-there you are. Fortune? That sounds fun. Yeah."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

"Okay! Although I'll admit, I've been there once or twice already. Uh, I hope that's okay? I think it was? Wenomir let me in. We're old friends,"
    Adir explains, blushing just a tiny bit due to the fact that he technically entered Fel's house without even meeting her prior.
    Fel puts a hand on his shoulder.

Nah, don't even worry about it.

Believe me, it's not a problem.

Anyway, what should we do now?

More drinks?

Go for a swim?

Get a buncha water balloons and seek revenge?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Beachside Party

Misha reaches over to the cooler in Riss' hand and taps its lid, and the muse may detect a faint tinkling like shattered glass within as the nereid winks at her unsubtly and pulls back with a loving caress across her red-haired lover's arm.

Then she whirls on the spot and races down the hill, waving plastic packets above her head and no doubt attracting plenty of attention with her bouncy, exuberant gait, "Free water balloons, filled on the spot! Get some ammo here!" She'll be handing out and filling balloons to anyone who asks, and probably plenty who don't. The plastic baggies unfold smartly into mesh baskets when they're shaken, tiny seam lines splitting to accommodate the filled balloons so everyone can cart around their full loads of summer fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Beachside Party]

Two new people arrive at the beach. First is Joel, a tanned half-elf with blue eyes and long dark hair. He was dressed in a pair of green board shorts and a button down Hawaiian shirt with a brown tiki pattern on it. Under one arm he carried a towel and a beach umbrella, across his back was an acoustic guitar.

With him was Victoria, a half-fiend with pale skin and honey colored curls done up in a pony tail. She was dressed in a pink plaid ruffled bikini and carried a large bag full of beach-going essentials. Two tiny horns sprouted from her forehead, and her wings were red and feathery. Her left wing was crooked and didn't sit against her back as evenly as the right. She looked nervous.

"Gods, there's a lot of people here." She said to Joel.

"Don't worry about it, Tori. Everyone's just here to have a good time. Besides, I'm with you. I won't let anything bad happen." He promised.
    A kitsune picket out half a dozen smaller, somewhat less filled water balloons, the smaller orbs fitting better into his relatively small paws as he smiles gratefully at the nereid, "Grazie, Mademoiselle." He performed a small curtsy before disappearing from view behind another person, winding through the crowd and looking for a likely target for his shenanigans...~ Eventually, he saw the big, strong half-elf and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was the one! Winding up a shot at the elfy, he let fly with the fastball, and caught him in the upper leg, the poor water balloon not standing a chance against the elf's rock hard leg-abs.

(If anyone else wants to do something to this guy, feel free to go ahead, I won't bite, ;p )

23. - Top - End - #203

[Beachside Party]

A raised eyebrow was offered to Misha as the light noise was just barely picked up over the noise of the waves and chatter but it was met with a shrug and a smile as she loped off to generally instigate a water war.

"Maybe not 1:1 scale but around 1:2 scale wouldn't be out of the question, I think." Riss replied, opening the cooler to show it utterly full with a single block of ice. Given it's size,there really was no way that it should have been able to be carried by just one person but, then again, oddities and hidden attributes were pretty much expected of at least half of the Nexus populace. At the very least it was a meter tall and half that as wide on a side which left plenty of room to make a somewhat smaller, icy Willa with a little time and effort.

"And you're too late now!" Riss replied to Mimi, playfully sticking her tongue out at her for her earlier reluctance. "I'm kidding. There is something I'd like you to do for me, though. Think you could grab one of the melons, slice it up, and carve, say.. 'Melon Chopping Contest' or something like that on the bottom of each before randomly handing them out to people? Obviously any event worth going to has a pretty gal out there advertising, you know." she said with a smile. " Oh! Make sure that guy with the arms over there gets one too, if you don't mind." she added, gesturing at Sam. He'd left a fairly decent impression during their brief meeting and she could at least empathize with his rather shy demeanor with someone new.. Or at least that was how she had read his body language.

Turning back to Willa, she asked "So, got a pose for me that you'd like to be immortalized in? Or.. At least immortalized for as long as the ice lasts." she asked the centaress. It was getting a bit easier to just chat with her now, at least. She was having fun.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beachside - Party!]

"Oh, I love travelling," Fayyaad says, his tail wrapping around Fetty. "There were a few easier ways of escaping the heat back home, but I chose the most interesting one. You'll be the first I invite if I decide to go back," he tells his lover with a wink.

"Aw, thanks, Fay,"
    he offers the tiefling some of his towel back, around his shoulders. "Your hypothetical invitation is noted."

Beachside party

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Beachside - Party!]

Anchor raises an eyebrow at Fetty. Those poor hypothetical kids. But then she focuses on Zhareen's happy babble.
    "I think the point of the Nexus is that there's just one! But we probably could. You just take a wrong turn and-there you are. Fortune? That sounds fun. Yeah."

"I've had a few very nice, very cute scientists try to explain it to me over the couple years I've been here. Never got it. I don't think any of them were all that smart, but it could've just been the late hour and the dubious levels of intoxication,"
    Fetty says with his own haughty wink at the collective group. Though she does look more particularly at Zhareen, now. "Fortune telling? Seriously? I mean, sure. But only if everyone gets it told." He glances teasingly at Fayyaad.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel puts a hand on his shoulder.

Nah, don't even worry about it.

Believe me, it's not a problem.

Anyway, what should we do now?

More drinks?

Go for a swim?

Get a buncha water balloons and seek revenge?
    Adir grins. "I'd say more drinks, followed by one of the two." The stag looks over at Misha. "I've never been the vengeful type, buuut..."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-07-29 at 02:41 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deleteman900 View Post
    A kitsune picket out half a dozen smaller, somewhat less filled water balloons, the smaller orbs fitting better into his relatively small paws as he smiles gratefully at the nereid, "Grazie, Mademoiselle." He performed a small curtsy before disappearing from view behind another person, winding through the crowd and looking for a likely target for his shenanigans...~ Eventually, he saw the big, strong half-elf and knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that this was the one! Winding up a shot at the elfy, he let fly with the fastball, and caught him in the upper leg, the poor water balloon not standing a chance against the elf's rock hard leg-abs.

(If anyone else wants to do something to this guy, feel free to go ahead, I won't bite, ;p )
    [Beachside Party]

"Gyah!" Joel exclaims, suddenly finding his leg drenched in water.

"Joel?! What happened?" Victoria asks, worried.

"Ugh... uh... water balloon, looks like." He says, finding a scrap of rubber on the sand. "Who threw that?!" Joel's head whips around, searching for the source.

Victoria giggles, thinking he sounded so indignant.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

"Gyah!" Joel exclaims, suddenly finding his leg drenched in water.

"Joel?! What happened?" Victoria asks, worried.

"Ugh... uh... water balloon, looks like." He says, finding a scrap of rubber on the sand. "Who threw that?!" Joel's head whips around, searching for the source.

Victoria giggles, thinking he sounded so indignant.
    A small distance away some bushes shook back and forth a bit, a long, fluffy fox-tail giving away the kitsune who was hiding, and the faint sound of snickering wafted over on the breeze as the tail poked up out of the bushes like a periscope, looking right at them before waving back and forth as if the owner of the tail were wagging it slightly.

Another water balloon came sailing out of the bush, pinging off of Victoria's shoulder before splitting open, unleashing its payload of non-consensual hydration.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

[Beachside - Party!]

"Fortune-telling? Why not," Fayyaad says. "I'll take whatever fortune that's told to me."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Victoria manages to put a wing up between herself and the incoming water balloon. She still gets wet, but not so drenched.

"We're under attack!"

Joel scowls and pops open the beach umbrella, using it as a shield as he approaches the bush with the hiding kitsune. "What's the big idea?" He asks.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Victoria manages to put a wing up between herself and the incoming water balloon. She still gets wet, but not so drenched.

"We're under attack!"

Joel scowls and pops open the beach umbrella, using it as a shield as he approaches the bush with the hiding kitsune. "What's the big idea?" He asks.
    The kitsune went still for a moment, bushy tail retreating before he poked his nose out of the bushes, "Uwoh! Hehe... You guys looked like you were just standing around not having fun, you've never had a water balloon fight?" the fox smiles, lobbing another one underhanded at Victoria before retreating some distance to another bush further away. :D

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Victoria covers herself with a wing again as another balloon splashes against her.

"It's no fun when it's one sided." Joel declares. "I need a balloon or a water gun or something."

The half fiend giggles at him. "Fine. Let's set our stuff down somewhere, then you can go seeking revenge, ok?" Victoria looks for a likely patch of empty beach and puts her things down on a towel. Joel follows and sets up the beach umbrella over it, and was careful to set down his guitar on the towel. He didn't want sand to get in it.

"Alright, now where did that guy get those balloons?"

Together the two go hunting for ammunition.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel