New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Seaside 3: A load of carp

Quote Originally Posted by Fenric View Post
    A swath of crab-soldiers are burnt and briefly blinded and fall back into the sea, but they are swiftly replaced by more.

The attacking crabs don't bother trying to get all the way to the upper deck, instead climbing into the lifeboat deck and making their way inside. But more and more continue to emerge from the sea - something more decisive is going to have to be done.
    Continuity Cruise Lines

Ben really doesn't have much that's decisive. He's not exactly a cannon, glass or otherwise.
    Ben tries to flutter down to the lower levels to do something about the soldiers. He's really got no idea what he's doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "See? Easy!" Orion declares. "Now, I wouldn't suggest trying to swim out in places where the surf is dangerous or in any rushing rivers, but you've figured out the basics. So long as you can float, you're okay. So long as you remember to kick your limbs, you can slowly scoot in your desired direction. You might not be an amphibious sea mammal thing, but progress is still progress."

Orion rests his tail and hind legs in the sand, grinning down at Sam. "Now that quest one is finished, how about quest two? There's still that game of volleyball going on and now's the perfect chance to give it a try. It's quite a bit of fun, and I bet all those extra arms might come in-"

Oh no.

No.

Don't do it Orion.

You're better than this.

"-handy."
    Beachside Party

Sam crosses his four arms over his belly.
    "I dunno, I really don't think I'm very good at jumping around and stuff. I'm not really fast." he ponders slowly, as if proving the point.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

"Spooky?" Zhareen asks hesitantly, she loved spooky, but this wasn't supposed to be. It was supposed to be exciting and fun!
    Though it looked like Fetty enjoyed it anyway so probably didn't matter. "Well, as long as you guys like it."

She carefully takes Fayyad's hand and once against presses her sharp finger against the palm before she starts drawing circles. She doesn't humm this time however, she just appears to go into a trance by herself. "You are being deceived, Fayyaad of Moran-Ir, a person close to you is not truthful who they are." Zhareen speaks in a grave manner, completely unlike her. "However, I see fortune in your future as well. Trust in the number of three, for you it is a blessed number. If you let it guide you, you will end up pleased." She pauses, her eyes slowly returning to normal and she let's go of the tieflings hand. "Um, was that spooky as well?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-08-04 at 05:39 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

Continuity Cruise Lines

"Careful!" Bella calls to Ben.

Kate is thinking... "Ben! Get inside, there's likely a few retired adventurers on board fighting, find them and give them support. We know your blessing can hurt these things, find someone who can fight and bless them!"

Kate looks at Bella, "Bella, could you shield off the lower deck?"

"Uh, yeah-"

"Okay, hold that thought." Kate watches what goes on off the side of the ship.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deleteman900 View Post
    The kitsune's tail wags mischievously as he leans forwards, trying to steal a kiss from the half-fiend before hauling tail away, chuckling these weird, short laughs as he goes, noticeably lighter on his feet now, despite the good extra ten pounds or so from the water trapped in his fur.
    Oh that was a bad idea, to steal a kiss from Victoria. She had succubus blood in her. Even a little peck would leave the kitsune feeling light headed. The half-fiend freezes in shock and fear, knowing what her lips could do.

Joel was instantly furious and runs after the kitsune, trying to grab him and pick him up.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Reinholdt finally manages to extract himself from the deadtime ooze that seems to have been complimentary on purchase of a box of Drake honey. Shoving the goods into his hammerspace for later consumption, he gets up and heads over to where Anchor and party are, moving next to Anchor and addressing her directly for the moment. "Hey. How's it going?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    Oh that was a bad idea, to steal a kiss from Victoria. She had succubus blood in her. Even a little peck would leave the kitsune feeling light headed. The half-fiend freezes in shock and fear, knowing what her lips could do.

Joel was instantly furious and runs after the kitsune, trying to grab him and pick him up.
    The kitsune (who I should probably name at some point, XP) wasn't expecting to feel so punch-drunk off of a simple kiss and stumbled over his own feet before making it more than a dozen meters. He attempted to scramble to his feet once more, but by then it was far too late, and Joel was already bearing down on him, leaving the lithe, wiry little fox to wriggle about on the ground like a wet fish to evade any grappling the still-standing half-elf might attempt, "You'll never take me alive, coppers!" he taunts, still very much thinking this is a game, and not QUITE getting that Joel might actually be upset, o3o.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beachside Party

Misha ambles up behind Victoria, having mostly divested herself of balloons and only carrying a few packets around to turn the tide in any emergency water fights she might come across. Naturally, the best way to do so was to tuck the baggies into the strings of her bikini bottom, along with one nestled snugly up top, just peeking out. Looking at the impromptu chase over the part-succubi's shoulder.

"Some people's kids, huh? You okay?" Not that she's particularly concerned, but hey, meeting new people requires more than just supplying them with biodegradable latex and cool, wet fun times.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Beachside Party]

"Only a little."
    Hmm. There's someone literally close to Fayaad, but that's probably not what the fortune means.
    Anchor gives a small smile; that was a nicer fortune for sure.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #249

Default [Beachside Party]

"I don't think you have to be that fast to play volley ball," Orion says as he peers out of the water at the nearby game. "Of all the sports I'm aware of, fastness is pretty low on the importance totem pole when it comes to volley ball. It isn't quite at the level of golf or bowling, but it's approaching that point."

Especially when you have five or six people on each team. All you have to do is cover one smallish area!

"You're here, right?" Orion inquires. "You're looking for something different to do? Or at least trying something new. So try something new."

A beat.

"Okay, well, something else new. You already did the swimming thing, so that's a plus. Or I guess you can just keep floating here? Or lounge around on the beach. Maybe dig for sand crabs."

Everyone likes digging for sand crabs, right?

Weird little things.

Meanwhile!

"Yeah! The beach!" Khannie declares as she comes charging down the path carrying a beach ball nearly as big as she is. There's a beach towel draped over one of her arms, a plastic bucket over the other, and she's wearing an adorable little one piece swim suit. At present she's indistinguishable from a normal human child. After all, Grandpa Koi taught her how to be human. And that's something very important to her. After all, she wants to be like daddy. Of course, given that her human body is quite a bit different from that of a juvenile kangaskhan she's still hilariously awkward. Which leads to more than her fair share of spills. Especially when she gets overly excited and tries hopping despite lacking a tail for counter-balance purposes.

Like right now.

Khannie springs off the top of a dune and pitches too far forward. Her face twists with the sudden realization of her mistake as the sand rapidly approaches and she gives a little squeal of surprise. That squeal gives way to a loud "Uuf!" as she belly-flops into the sand beach-ball first, the ball compressing comically before launching her skyward, leaving her towel and bucket spinning in place rather cartoonishly. The whole slap-stick scene ends with a splash as she lands flat on her back in a shallow, water filled sand trough. Several sand-crabs begin tickling at her.

After the initial shock has worn off? "Hahaha! That was fun!" Khannie exclaims with glee as she leaps to her feet, shaking water out of her hair and sprinting off toward the beach ball. "Imma do it again!"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2016-08-05 at 10:27 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Fayyaad's eyebrows rise. He can't think of anyone he'd consider close in the Nexus that might have a reason to deceive him. Maybe it's someone back home? Could be...

"Then I suppose I'll pick the number three next time an opportunity presents itself," he says in response to the other part of the fortune.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beachside Party

Huh, that looks like a party.

A little ways up the beach, a small white thing, about the size of a cat with droopy bunny ears, notices the party. Around its neck, ankles, the end of its tail, and at the tip of its ears are pink poofs, almost spherical. Big blue eyes examine the party from a distance, and after a moment she starts moving toward it to get a better look. Is it a party for somebody? Is it invite-only? She's curious.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

"Uh, I, um." mumbles Sam as he trudges out of the water.
    "Oh look a lost thing I should go help that." he says hurriedly, wandering off immediately. Anything to avoid making a fool of himself in public.

"Hello little friend. Are you lost?" he says gently, bending over as low as he can and giving his best tusked smile. He's trying his best but even bending over he usually towers over things.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beachside Party

"Not really," she says, looking around, "Just curious about what's going on here. What's the occasion? Is this an organization?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

"It's just a public summer party. There's no occasion as far as I know." Sam says, scratching his chin. Nope, he can't think of one. Pretty sure there's no occasion.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beachside Party

The small thing huhs. "Don't see this sort of thing very often. That's kind of odd." She taps her chin idly with one paw. "Might be fun to get to know some people."

16. - Top - End - #256

[Beachside Party]

Oh my gosh.

Oh my gosh oh my gosh.

Khannie just did something reckless and potentially dangerous and none of the grownups told her to stop! This is great! This is fantastic! This is super-fantastically-great! Khannie scoops up her beach ball again, her little bare feet pattering at the sand, and climbs back up the dune she took a spill from only moments prior. She quickly surveys the situation. Okay. All the grownups are chatting and drinking and laying around and some of them are smooching and doing other boring grownup things. Not a single one of them is giving her disapproving looks.

And a lack of disapproval totally counts as consent when it comes to leaping off objects, as any child knows.

A deep breath, a wiggle of her toes, a nice running start, a declaration of, "Look at me!" and Khannie LEAPS off the dune again!

This time she doesn't pitch forward quite far enough, causing the beach ball to go rocketing out from under her while Khannie face-plants in the sand rather than pulling some sick air. She sputters and spits out the sand as her ball goes bouncing across the beach. Hopefully no one steals it! That would be terrible.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Beachside - Party!]

"Righteous,"
    says the tentacular man, laying out another round of the same for Fel and Adir.

"What he said,"
    Adir agrees with a glowing grin. The 'keep gets them not just water, but a hose, and they're welcome to fill as many as they like. Adir palms a particularly fat balloon. "I, uh, didn't actually see who hocked one at us. Did you?" Adir squints at the probable perpetrators. The ladies handing them out seem pretty likely...
    Fel follows Adir's gaze and sees the ladies passing out the balloons.

Well, even if it wasn't them, they are passing them out, and as such shouldn't be surprised if they get hit with any......

At which point Fel will lob a balloon in their direction.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

"Well, uh, I'm Sam. This is my friend Orion." Sam says, waving his hand in Orion's direction. "Who're you?" he asks.
    She wanted to get to know someone, after all.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beach Party

"Astara," She says, "I'm new in the area. If you don't mind, what kind of creatures are you two? I've never seen anything like either of you."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2016-08-05 at 09:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260

[Beachside Party]

Orion makes a face at Sam as the pig-man retreats.

So much for his excuse to play volley ball. He's pretty sure he could totally nail it at this point. He was decent at the game before he got weird-bopped, and despite how strange his new form is, he's pretty sure he could totally kill a game of beach volley ball if he really applied himself to it.

"I'm an akhlut," Orion interjects from where he's floating in the shallows. "Half orca half wolf spirit of arctic seas. May or may not be some kind of water elemental. I'm honestly not sure at this point."

He's kind of new to the whole mythological creature thing.

Thanks Nexus!

"You aren't supposed to be a poodle, are you?"

Astra looks kind of like a poodle.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Well Orion, you could play by yourself. You don't have to bring your terribly shy friend.
    Sam shrugs.
    "This was a body made by a bunch of weird energy beings. There's no formal name for it, really." he admits, a little embarrassed to mention that he tends to call the shape a "spigre."
    "Orion, don't make assumptions about people. She doesn't look that much like a poodle."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

Default [Continuity Cruise Lines]

The crab soldiers continue to climb unhindered... no, wait. A bit further back toward the stern, several come flying out of the open deck, one after the other: falling in the ocean some hundred feet from the ship and sinking into the depths.

Somebody seems to be resisting!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beachside Party

"I'm not entirely sure what a poodle is," Astara says, "But no, it's a coincidence. I'm a..." she pauses for a moment. "Nanaki, basically. My native language is a little complex on the issue, but 'Nanaki' is close enough."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Beachside Party

Sam scratches his chin.
    "Well, I haven't heard of them before. Uh, what are your people like?" he tries to ask conversationally. He's personally a bit glad that she's the first person not to ask about the custom body thing.

Continuity Cruise Lines

Ben frowns but doesn't turn back. He'll advance through the lower deck in an effort to group up with whoever knows how to fight on this ship. After all, he really doesn't and is just brute-forcing his way around.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Continuity Cruise Lines

As Ben heads back into the ship, Kate says, "Now."

Bella casts a wall spell, walling off the lower deck of the ship with a translucent golden wall, all the say around. Kate smiles as she watches this. "Good, good, how long can you hold it?"

"Um... I don't know?" Bella says, "I've never done this much before."

"Hold as long as you can," Kate says, "If you're running low, let me know and I'll try to help, but-"

"Yeah," Bella says, "Now what?"

"See if they can climb force fields," Kate admits, watching with trepidation.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Halfling in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Beachside Party]

"Spooky?" Zhareen asks hesitantly, she loved spooky, but this wasn't supposed to be. It was supposed to be exciting and fun!
    Though it looked like Fetty enjoyed it anyway so probably didn't matter. "Well, as long as you guys like it."

She carefully takes Fayyad's hand and once against presses her sharp finger against the palm before she starts drawing circles. She doesn't humm this time however, she just appears to go into a trance by herself. "You are being deceived, Fayyaad of Moran-Ir, a person close to you is not truthful who they are." Zhareen speaks in a grave manner, completely unlike her. "However, I see fortune in your future as well. Trust in the number of three, for you it is a blessed number. If you let it guide you, you will end up pleased." She pauses, her eyes slowly returning to normal and she let's go of the tieflings hand. "Um, was that spooky as well?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Beachside Party]

Reinholdt finally manages to extract himself from the deadtime ooze that seems to have been complimentary on purchase of a box of Drake honey. Shoving the goods into his hammerspace for later consumption, he gets up and heads over to where Anchor and party are, moving next to Anchor and addressing her directly for the moment. "Hey. How's it going?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Only a little."
    Hmm. There's someone literally close to Fayaad, but that's probably not what the fortune means.
    Anchor gives a small smile; that was a nicer fortune for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Beachside Party]

Fayyaad's eyebrows rise. He can't think of anyone he'd consider close in the Nexus that might have a reason to deceive him. Maybe it's someone back home? Could be...

"Then I suppose I'll pick the number three next time an opportunity presents itself," he says in response to the other part of the fortune.
    Fetty... probably should be more concerned with the first part of Fayyaad's fortune, but he doesn't seem to realize what's occurring. Maybe he just wasn't paying attention? Or he's just that foolish? Perhaps he just has an excellent straight face. So to speak.

"Hey, there's three of us! Err, well, minus Zhareen. And, oh," Fetty's eyes focus on Reinholdt, and recognition passes over his features. He nudges Anchor with his elbow. "I think he was talking to you, sweetcheeks."

The little fellow hops up and steps forward towards Zhareen. He grins and winks, hand outstretched. "Now do me, Zhareen. I'm not spooked," he teases, putting emphasis on the word 'do'.

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Fel follows Adir's gaze and sees the ladies passing out the balloons.

Well, even if it wasn't them, they are passing them out, and as such shouldn't be surprised if they get hit with any......

At which point Fel will lob a balloon in their direction.
    Adir gives a positively evil grin. He takes aim and hurls one after Felandria's.

Misha, being the most forward of the balloon girls, will likely be pelted with a pair! Adir filled his up near to bursting, too.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #267
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Beachside Party]

If Zhareen noticed the teasing, she still appears completely oblivious to it. "Alright, if you're sure, Fetty. Let's do another fortune!" She grabs Fetty's hand and repeats the same procedure with the circles in his hand. Then her finger suddenly stops. "Turmoil. I see a shark in sheep's clothing gnawing at your heels, a great darkness following behind it. But it is not enough, you are floating in a sea of greed and lust, desperately clinging onto a snake to not lose yourself completely into. But the shark is pulling your leg, tearing a part of you with it before it submerges into the dark sea of your own desires..." Zhareen blinks and quickly lets go of Fetty. "Um... there you go."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-08-06 at 06:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deleteman900 View Post
    The kitsune (who I should probably name at some point, XP) wasn't expecting to feel so punch-drunk off of a simple kiss and stumbled over his own feet before making it more than a dozen meters. He attempted to scramble to his feet once more, but by then it was far too late, and Joel was already bearing down on him, leaving the lithe, wiry little fox to wriggle about on the ground like a wet fish to evade any grappling the still-standing half-elf might attempt, "You'll never take me alive, coppers!" he taunts, still very much thinking this is a game, and not QUITE getting that Joel might actually be upset, o3o.
    "This isn't a joke!" Joel growls, still trying to grab a hold of the kitsune.

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Beachside Party

Misha ambles up behind Victoria, having mostly divested herself of balloons and only carrying a few packets around to turn the tide in any emergency water fights she might come across. Naturally, the best way to do so was to tuck the baggies into the strings of her bikini bottom, along with one nestled snugly up top, just peeking out. Looking at the impromptu chase over the part-succubi's shoulder.

"Some people's kids, huh? You okay?" Not that she's particularly concerned, but hey, meeting new people requires more than just supplying them with biodegradable latex and cool, wet fun times.
    "Huh? Oh, yeah... I'll be alright." Victoria turns to regard Misha. "It's just... kissing and I don't get along sometimes. I'm half-succubus. Hells, Joel has to wear an amulet so I don't hurt him." She sighs. "It just took me by surprise, is all."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    "This isn't a joke!" Joel growls, still trying to grab a hold of the kitsune.

"Huh? Oh, yeah... I'll be alright." Victoria turns to regard Misha. "It's just... kissing and I don't get along sometimes. I'm half-succubus. Hells, Joel has to wear an amulet so I don't hurt him." She sighs. "It just took me by surprise, is all."
    The kitsune writhed and writhed on the ground, finally being pinned by Joel and going still, since he is now unable to move at all, and just lays there panting tiredly, not having any particular words to say.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

[Beach Party

"You can't just go around stealing kisses from people!" Joel shouts. "It's not right! Plus, she's my girlfriend! And a half-succubus on top of that. It's dangerous." He says finally, running out of steam.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel