New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Default Re: Cytia Pokémon League IC

Bob Autumn

Tambourine got a rough hit back from the Vullaby after bubbling it in the face. This was a barley a discouragement for the Palpitoad though so he just kept on attacking.

Bob didn't want the fighting to continue. He rushed up to the group and screamed at them "STOP FIGHTING!" Bob didn't know it, but his shouting voice had gotten a lot more dangerous lately.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show

Tambourine uses Bubblebeam on the same Vullaby

To hit: (1d20)[18]
    Damage:(3d8+40)[56]
    If crit:(3d8+10)[24]

Bob uses Hyper Voice with a diagonal blast that hits all three enemy pokemans. It has the smite keyword if it misses.

To hit: (1d20)[7]
    Damage:(2d10+26)[39]
    If crit:(2d10+10)[21]

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

"Sharp Blue, Razor Leaf on Pancham!" Nila shouts. The Grotle responds quickly, releasing a much more accurate flurry of leaves at the small Pokemon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    17 to hit, Crit, 49 damage.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Samantha, Yumeko, Bob

Bob's tremendous voice knocked out the two Vullaby, leaving only the angry Cubone, whose rage caused it to miss its attack!

Spoiler
    Show
    Cubone: Headbutt -> Kagerou: MISS

Johnny, Nila, Justin

The two attacks knocked out the cherry Pokémon! The Vulpix shoots Flamspren with a bewildering beam, while the Pancham responds to Sharp Blue with just as strong an attack!

Spoiler
    Show
    Vulpix: Confuse Ray -> Flamspren: Hit! Flamspren is Confused!
    Pancham: Karate Chop -> Sharp Blue: Critical hit! 23 damage!!

4. - Top - End - #724
    Bugbear in the Playground

Griffon

Yumeko Shiroi

Yumeko steps up to cover the weakened Sayaka and whispers a spell toward Kagerou, who catches her breath after the lightning-quick attack that dropped the second Vullaby.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Yumeko: shift and Sage feature on Kagerou
    Kagerou has DR 8!

Kagerou already acted this round.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

"Nice! If you can hit it like that again, you'll have this thing finished!" Nila shouts. Alas, while the leaves don't do as much damage this time, they do deal a solid hit to the Pancham again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    11 to hit with Razor Leaf, 30 damage.

Show

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoko

"Nah, let's just head to the mountains... Surely there can't be too many mikos around to get us confused; someone's bound to have seen her.

The following morning, Ryoko gets up, trains accuracy with her surprisingly full party, and waits for Rui and Zui to join her before heading off. She does also try to see if her mienfoo is willing to train, or if it tries to attack her on sight. Personally, she figured it'd be happy to see her baby hatched, but you never can tell with these things...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #727

Johnny frowns slightly as Flamspren starts weaving about in the air, clearly disoriented. "Finish off the panda, Flamspren. Joey can handle it."

Despite his wobbly flying Flamspren releases a steady stream of flame at the Pancham, knocking it out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Focus/Brutal Training on Flamspren

Flampsren uses Ember
    (14) to hit
    (53) fire damage

Confusion rolls:
    (2) No self-damage
    (9) Not cured

8. - Top - End - #728

RedKnightGirl

Justin Hawkins

"Alright, keep up the pressure, take advantage of your strength! Water Pulse the Vuplix." Joey had been doing a pretty good job skirting the edges of the fight and it was pretty safe to stay in range now. If nothing else, he had done a of work so far.

Spoiler
    Show

Justin
    Swift: Tag Vulpix
    Standard: Expend Momentum 2, Duelist's Manual to double Exploit's damage
    AP: 4/6

Joey
    Standard: Water Pulse on Vulpix.
    Attack (11+4)
    Damage: (2d8+53)[65] (33+10 from Torrent + 10 from Exploit)
    Swift: Protean changes type to Water.

9. - Top - End - #729

WhiteWizardGirl

Bob Autumn

Bob suddenly covers his mouth with both his hands after he sees what's become of his voice. He speaks in a whispered yell through his palms before scurrying away from the fight. "Oh man! I'm so sorry!"

10. - Top - End - #730

Samantha Clark

"Bob... Autumn! I did not know that you could do that!" Sammy shouted to her traveling companion. "I suppose we ought to wrap this up then! Go, Sayaka!" The swablu chirped and went in for another Peck. The socialite thendeftly retrieved another Pokeball from her bag, unphased by her failure earlier, and tossed it at the remaining Wild Pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls in roll20. Another bad batch of rolls yay v.v

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ogre in the Playground

Johnny, Nila, Justin

Your combined assault wipes out the trainer's remaining Pokémon! They provide you with prize money before running off!

Spoiler
    Show
    $300 each!
    60 Pokémon EXP!
    1 Trainer EXP!

Zui, Ryoko

The Mienfoo seems content now that its child has hatched; she is willing to follow your orders!

You set off toward the mountains...though there seems to be a bit of a commotion at the base. It appears that there is a group pilgrimage organized today; several young women in shrine maiden garb appear to be preparing for the journey.

...it would seem finding your wayward miko may be a little bit more difficult than anticipated.

Yumeko, Bob, Samantha

Kagerou shimmers slightly, protected by the prayer Yumeko uttered!

Samantha's ball draws the Cubone in, but it seems to break out purely via its own anger!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bob, Sam: you two still need to take actions; the cubone is aggressive
    Last edited by aturtledoesbite; 2016-10-06 at 01:24 AM.

12. - Top - End - #732

Johnny finished counting the money before grinning and pocketing his share. "Beats running a food stand for tourists, that's for sure."

Taking a moment to check on his team he calls out Streex and tends his wounds for a moment. "I'm gonna take the wild grass route to town if you guys don't mind, I've got a few pokeballs burning a hole in my pocket and Streex here looks hungry."

Spoiler
    Show
    Used Med Kit on Streex for 9HP and poison heal.

Going to trek through the tall grass for some wild pokemon.

13. - Top - End - #733

WhiteWizardGirl

Bob Autumn

Bob was feeling really down on himself. He just conked out some helpless pokes without meaning to. It was really bumming him out. Tambourine on the other hand was ready to cause some more hurt! Before anything could be done though, Bob plops his butt down in the sand and starts playing a sad tune. "Tambourine, can't you give peace a chance man?"

The Palpitoad had an aggressive streak but even he knew when to back off a little. Tambourine takes a slightly less violent approach.

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today... Aha-ah...

Show
    Rolls

Tambourine uses Supersonic : (1d20)[6]

Bob uses Sing: (1d20)[4]
    Last edited by SiegeTower; 2016-10-06 at 08:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

"Enjoy. I'll make sure they save you a room at the center," Nila says as she continues down the main path.

Show

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Samantha, Bob, Yumeko

The Cubone strikes at Kagerou with an aerial attack, too fast to dodge! Kagerou responds by producing another wave of water, cracking the Cubone's domed skull helmet!!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Cubone: Aerial Ace -> Kagerou: 9 damage!

(Yumeko's turn)
    Kagerou: Water Pulse -> Cubone: Hit!!!
    Yumeko: Sage -> Kagerou!

Johnny

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry there's no update for you quite yet, just wanted to get a post up for the battle in place. Watch this thread tomorrow!

16. - Top - End - #736
    Troll in the Playground

(OOC: Sorry for not posting sooner as well, I haven't been keeping up with my games as well as I'd like to!)

Zuikaku panted as she climbed up the foothold towards the latest reach, pulling up Ryocchan with her if she needed to. "The mountains again, ah... do they... would they know where Yumeko went, I wonder?"

She paused, and then called out, "H-hey, excuse me? My name's Zuikaku, we're looking for a fellow shrine maiden..."

17. - Top - End - #737

Samantha Clark

Sammy blinked at her musician friend's response; she was starting to feel, for the first time, that maybe, just maybe, Bob Autumn was not suited for picking up random wild Pokemon. She bit her lip and prepared another throw. In the meantime, Sayaka dove in for yet another peck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolls in roll20. Not the worst?

18. - Top - End - #738

WhiteWizardGirl

Bob Autumn

A repeat performance from last time. Tambourine tries again to confuse the Cubone while Bob sings somberly. One notable change though is that Chime was getting in on the action. The flying rock floats on in next to Bob and starts adding a slight light show to the music. Chime wasn't quite sure what was going on but ze was going to enjoy the music while ze could. Chime listens to Bob's tune, adds some colour, and also non-chalantly balances a pokeball between zir ears.

What was that little rock up to still carrying that ball?

Show

Supersonic: (1d20)[15]

Sing:(1d20)[18]

In the event the sing works, wacky hijinks may occur with Chime accidently dropping the Pokeball onto the Cubone.

Roll to catch: (1d20)[11]

19. - Top - End - #739

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Enjoy. I'll make sure they save you a room at the center," Nila says as she continues down the main path.

"Likewise! I might come out later to scout around, but I need to get to a center myself."
    Justin grimaces slightly as he hurries down the road after Nila.
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-10-08 at 10:16 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Bob, Samantha, Yumeko

Chime enjoyed the song Bob was singing, enough that it forgot about the ball on its head! It promptly fell off and bopped against the Cubone, drawing it in! ...That wasn't gonna work, was it?

...shake. Shake, shake.

...click!

Spoiler
    Show
    55 Pokémon EXP for the lot of you!

Bob gets a Cubone! Level 20, Male, Bone Wielder + Rock Head, Gentle. In addition, it has four Inherited Moves. In order: Aerial Ace (learned), Night Slash, Acrobatics, Punishment. It also has the Underdog's Strength Poké Edge!

Spoiler: SiegeTower
    Show
    Hey, I know updates come infrequently and it can be hard to keep track of everything, but please remember. Scene x2 moves, like Supersonic cannot be used on consecutive turns. Sing can't be used twice in one battle at all. Additionally, it should not have actually been possible for Chime to do...well, anything, on a turn you give Tambourine a command. Please adhere to these constraints in the future.

I went ahead and played things as-is this time because of how long it's been since updates, but next time, I'm not going to be so nice. Please understand.

Justin, Nila

You arrive in Raspberry City!

Raspberry City is a big place. No, bigger. Lumiose wishes it were this big. Nearly all of the buildings are several floors high. Fortunately, there are free maps offered to all newcomers to the city! It appears to segment Raspberry City into three sections: North Raspberry, South Raspberry, and Raspberry Spire. Each section has its own map.

Notable locations in North Raspberry include the Raspberry City Gym, the Raspberry Department Store, and a location called the "Pokémon League Monorail".

South Raspberry holds the Pokémon Center, as well as the Raspberry Market, where many people go to peddle their services. Also notable is the Raspberry Game Corner, where prizes can be won!

Raspberry Spire stands in the center of town, a behemoth of a skyscraper, stretching sixty floors high. Large television screens adorn the sides of the Spire, currently playing a recording of the idol duo A-Plus's latest pop sensation, "Foxfire"! Inside the Spire, most floors are restricted to businesses, but an express elevator in the lobby can take sightseers to the roof, giving them an excellent view of the entire region.

A sign in front of the gym reads,

Raspberry City Pokémon Gym
    Leader: Jane
    "Just Plain Better!"

Where will you go?

Johnny

You and Streex dive into the grass! You run through an especially-tall segment, taller than even you, thinking it might have some more interesting species. You emerge from the other end and neither you, nor Streex, nor the Skitty on your head that looks pretty pleased with itself saw anything!

...wait, what?

Zuikaku, Ryoko

The nearest one to you turns and replies, "Hello. I do not believe we have met." Another shrine maiden picks up with perfect timing, "If you are looking for your friend," Then another, "perhaps you could describe them to us?" "What do they look like?" "Where were they going?" "What kind of shampoo do they use?"

The other mikos all turn to the one who said that last question. "...sorry."

21. - Top - End - #741

Samantha Clark

The socialite let out a soft sigh with all the excitement done. Sayaka landed on top of her trainer's head and also let out a huff. "You took a fair amount of hits there darling." Sammy reached up and gave her swablu a feel pets on the head. "Why don't you stay in your Pokeball for now? I think that'll be safer for you." She received an affirmative chirp and recalled the 'hat' to its strange, miraculous machine. "Shame we only got the little guy, huh?"

Spoiler
    Show
    26 EXP to Sayaka
    24 EXP to Hashirama
    5 EXP to Rockabilly

22. - Top - End - #742
    Troll in the Playground

Zuikaku thrust her finger out and said, "Beautiriffic Cherry-Blossom Bath Bomb!"

Pause.

"Um..." A pause. "Well, that's what she used to use. Um, her name's Yumeko, and... you know, she wears shrine maiden clothes, has dark long hair... and... um, 'away from us'?" She suddenly looked sad. "Up these mountains, I guess. That would've been a day ago..."

23. - Top - End - #743

Griffon

Yumeko Shiroi

Yumeko withdraws Kagerou and sends out a Solrock to provide shade, since Sunrise is injured. Is she dripping with sweat, or with irony?
    The two check on the fainted Vullaby to ensure their injuries aren't severe, then the miko marches directly up to Chime, regardless of who's near the musical rock.

"That Cubone is your responsibility now! Make sure you give it a good home! And... and apologize to its parents when they wake up!"

Yumeko takes a couple deep breaths, then approaches Bob more softly and does her donate-clap-clap-bow-pray routine, taking either his hand or his hat as a coin receptacle.

"I pray for a kinder world, where everyone can speak truly for one another and feel as though they're going around with birds and kittens on their heads."

Finally, she addresses Bob and Sammy informally:
    "Ah, do you two know how far it is to the... Orange Town Pokemon Center? I have a first aid kit, if any of your Pokemon need medicine, but my own desperately need a good rest..."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    20p to Bob... Autumn!

Either of you are free to use Yumeko's First Aid Kit if you have the AP to spend, and you can converse with her further if you like.
    Otherwise, she'll proceed directly from here to the Orange Town PokeCenter if nothing else crops up to cause a Scene.

EDIT
    @Merilan: officially added "Beautiriffic Cherry-Blossom Bath Bomb Shampoo" to Yumeko's inventory. When in doubt, follow your heart... and trust your nose!
    <Also used in her Grooming Kit. A pleasantly subtle fragrence, but extraordinarily foamy when lathered.>
    Last edited by Elfbird; 2016-10-13 at 01:14 AM. Reason: OOC

24. - Top - End - #744

When the trek through the tallest of grass failed to turn up anything Johnny moved to scratch his head in confusion, which only doubled when he instead got a hand full of fur and a purring sound.

"I'm not even going to ask how you got up there without me noticing, but I will admit to being impressed."

Rather than order Streex to attack (which would likely have cost him his hood, and possibly signification sections of scalp along with it) Johnny held up a pokeball in front of his head and drew upon everything he knew about feline psychology. "Ally with me and your life will consist entirely of eating, sleeping in inappropriate places, and destroying the local bird population of every area we go to."

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoko nearly responds back with Old Kabutresses (yes, she picked the manliest sounding shampoo the last time she didn't just raid the Pokecenter bathrooms) before face palming.

"What my friend here means is we're looking for someone a little younger than *me*, shorter too, has long black hair and her primary pokemon is... uh...vul...vul--A vulpix! She also has a naginata. And was plenty pissed at us because of a misunderstanding. C'mon, there can't be that many of you with the same combination, can there? I'm pretty sure you all can't be angry at anything, either."
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

26. - Top - End - #746

WhiteWizardGirl

Bob Autumn

Oh bogus! Not again! Bob abruptly stops his music. He jumps up in a panic and scoops up his Pokeball from the sand. "Oh man oh man oh man! I'm sorry little dude! I'll get you out of there!" Remembering what happened last time, Bob presses the big obvious button in the center of the pokeball. One flash of light later, the Vullaby raised Cubone is out and about.

"I know this is total jive man so I'mma lay it down straight. You don't gotta follow the beat of this drum, you know what I'm saying? This biggety egg don't hold no air." Bob continue to try and reason to the Cubone. It seemed like he was talking to a brick wall though. The little poke doesn't move a muscle and just stares straight at Bob. This only made Bob increasingly nervous. He spoke faster and faster and spoke increasingly obscure slang.

Eventually, the Cubone gestured for Bob to lean in closer. Then a bit closer. Almost like the Cubone wanted to whisper into Bob's ear. When Bob came in close enough, the Cubone whacked the musician on the head. Tambourine also wanted to get in on that action and kicked Bob harshly in the face. Chime was kinder than Bob's other two Pokemon though so ze came and gently rubbed zir harsh stone body against Bob's beaten and bruised face.

In between all the assault and affection, Bob weakly raises an arm up to address Yumeko. Thank you for the kind coinage donation to the cause young shrine maiden. The additional offerings of first aid would also be appreciated." The musician's arm drops again.

After Sam and Yumeko decide to continue on, Bob felt it best to lay in the scorching sand and nurse his wounds for a while. None of his Pokemon would have it though. Tambourine would kick at Bob at every opportunity, Chime would encouragingly push Bob along with zir surprisingly pointy gem ears, and the newest member of the band would grab a hold of a loose bit of Bob's clothes and pull him along with a surprising amount of strength. If Bob was to name the new member of this team, it would most certainly be "Drum". The Cubone always kept one hand clenching its bone. Ready to strike at Bob whenever he was being too stupid for his liking.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Nyla
    "So, what do you think, Justin? Gym battles, or sight seeing?" the martial artist asks, looking around at everything. It was awful to be so inundated with options. Picking was going to be hard.

Show

28. - Top - End - #748

RedKnightGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Nyla
    "So, what do you think, Justin? Gym battles, or sight seeing?" the martial artist asks, looking around at everything. It was awful to be so inundated with options. Picking was going to be hard.

"Well after that journey, I'm going to head to the pokemon center first. While we're there we might as well see what they have for sale. I know you mentioned you we low on Pokeballs! If we're going to go for a Gym battle, we gotta be prepared first! I almost think that it would make a good final here before we move on. What's a Game Corner?"
    Justin seemed to share her appreciation for the sights as well. He probably looked rather silly looking up at all the tall buildings. Dusty seemed rather excited as well, the normally lethargic spider hoped down from his usually perch on Justin's shoulder and seemed very tempted to sample some of the local power lines.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CateranEnforcer View Post

"Well after that journey, I'm going to head to the pokemon center first. While we're there we might as well see what they have for sale. I know you mentioned you we low on Pokeballs! If we're going to go for a Gym battle, we gotta be prepared first! I almost think that it would make a good final here before we move on. What's a Game Corner?"
    Justin seemed to share her appreciation for the sights as well. He probably looked rather silly looking up at all the tall buildings. Dusty seemed rather excited as well, the normally lethargic spider hoped down from his usually perch on Justin's shoulder and seemed very tempted to sample some of the local power lines.
    "Right, almost forgot. And game corners are just areas to gamble. Waste of time and money if you ask me."

Show

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Samantha, Bob

It is not long before you reach Route 712.

Route 712 is a strange juxtaposition of the well-trodden, well-maintained path near the city and the arid wasteland of the desert. There's no shortage of trainers along the main road should you wish to battle them, but the tall grass also promises to not be dull should you travel through it.

Yumeko

You bid the duo goodbye as you travel onward.

Orange Town, the Jewel of Dessert Desert, is not a very big town. It mostly seems to be arranged around the oasis that forms its center.

There is a Pokémon Center and a PokéMart, like most places.

Additionally, a confectionery labeled "Dessert Desert Desserts" can be found near the oasis.

Most eye-catching, of course, is the large building on the other side of the oasis from the confectionery: the Orange Town Gym!

A sign out front reads:

Orange Town Pokémon Gym
    Leader: Asher
    "Prepare to be flambéed!"

Zuikaku, Ryoko

"Yumeko..." The shrine maidens all stare directly at Zuikaku upon mention of the name.
    "We have indeed encountered your friend."
    "Near the top of the mountain, at the border of the Everstorm."
    "We know not where she went afterward."

Justin, Nila

You recover at the Pokémon Center!

The PokéMart holds the usual assortment of items, considering you have only one badge. You could potentially find something interesting at the Raspberry Market, but who knows if it'll be priced fairly?

The strange stone still seems to be giving a northward pull...you think. Probably. It's hard to tell.

Johnny

The Skitty responds...well, that's not accurate. It doesn't seem to be paying attention to Johnny's speech at all as it reaches down to paw his nose.