Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Cytia Pokémon League IC

Justin Hawkins
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurin View Post
    B.T.

B.T. rolls her eyes by way of reply and ambles over to pick up both the fresh captures as Justin talks to a bug. As she strolls back, she tugs out the brand new blue pokedex and points it at the sewaddle and, with her free hand, taps Justin on the top of the head with the pokeball with his Starly in it.

"Here you go,"
    she says distractedly, dropping the ball into his lap as she fiddles with the pokedex. "Where was the scan button again...? Ah, there we go. Shame we didn't have a chance to get those two Starly before we caught 'em,"

She's distracted by a tug on her jeans and looks down into an irate black and white face.

"Yes, yes," B.T. says soothingly. "I've not forgotten you, Panny. You did great. Here... lemme see if I have a mint for you..." she adds, patting at her pockets while the 'dex chimes.

"Ouch! Oh thanks. That was exciting. I feel like a real trainer now."
    Justin stands back up and dusts himself off. "And don't worry, I've totally forgotten that thing you didn't say." An odd statement which clearly suggests the opposite. He collects his pokeballs and Dusty takes his accustomed spot on Justin's shoulder. He pats the spider gently, hair standing a bit on end as a result. "We'll get a chance to train them tonight. Shall we be off? Maybe stick to the roads the rest of the way? I wonder how the others are doing."
    Last edited by CateranEnforcer; 2016-06-22 at 11:26 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Nila, Johnny, Marcus

Pepper's poisonous Smog knocks out both of the Rattata near him! The last one gets caught by Johnny in a Pokéball!

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone gets 8 Pokémon EXP!
    Last edited by aturtledoesbite; 2016-06-22 at 11:49 AM.

3. - Top - End - #183

Johnny dives in between Pepper and the ratts again, intercepting it's attack and being driven back once more trailing steam from his outstretched arms. As Pepper continues spewing toxic fumes at the nearby rodents Johnny spins and throws another pokeball at the more distant one, smiling as the distinctive ping signifies a successful capture.

After retrieving the two balls, one containing a Rattata and the other from the empty grass, he turns back to the others. Particularly to Nila. "Those were some impressive moves. I'm used to a fairly simplistic shield-spear dynamic with Pepper, I'll admit not having to hold them all off by myself is refreshing. Here, I've got some medical supplies for those bruises. It's the least I can do for the help."

Spoiler: AfterCombat
    Show
    Using 4AP on First Aid Kit to heal Nila twice and myself twice. 1AP remaining.
    Nila: +6hp, +6hp
    Johnny: +10hp, +5hp

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by CateranEnforcer View Post
    Justin Hawkins

"Ouch! Oh thanks. That was exciting. I feel like a real trainer now."
    Justin stands back up and dusts himself off. "And don't worry, I've totally forgotten that thing you didn't say." An odd statement which clearly suggests the opposite. He collects his pokeballs and Dusty takes his accustomed spot on Justin's shoulder. He pats the spider gently, hair standing a bit on end as a result. "We'll get a chance to train them tonight. Shall we be off? Maybe stick to the roads the rest of the way? I wonder how the others are doing."

B.T.

"All fine by me," B.T. says easily, as she passes Panny a mint and scoops him up in her arms. "I figure I'll come back later and do some more scans anyway, so we can push on if you want. Not starting my holiday by crawling through the bushes in search of pokespoor sounds pretty awesome," she shrugs. "Not that I object, really. Doing that's fun sometimes. But, you know, holiday,"

She pauses, rummaging in one of the side pockets of her bag for something.

"Just give me a sec to..." she mutters, still searching, before pulling out a small bottle with a triumphant grin. "There we go. A little something for the pain for my best boy," B.T. says, smiling as she gently squirts the potion on Panny.

"You know, I don't think you've met yet, have you? This is Panny," she indicates the bundle of black and white fuzzy attitude in her arms, that's swining a bamboo cane ominously around.
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Ryoko

Ryoko lets out an aggravated sigh.

"Anyway... look, we should get moving more through the tall grass. All of us have at least two pokemon except for rock head here and if we're going to go on this journey as...a team..." she grits her teeth when she says this, "Then we can't afford any liabilities. So let's go see if we can improve our roster a little more, and then get to this damn Cherry Town everyone's so excited about, huh?"

Attempting to take the lead, Ryoko (hopefully) tries to herd the others onwards.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Nila
    The girl bites her tongue at the other trainer catching the Rattata. She did say that she wasn't too interested in catching it, so she can't blame him for not reading her mind when she changed it. The annoyance was somewhat mitigated by his being willing to fix her up without even being asked, too. "Yeah, no problem. Sorry I wasn't over sooner to help more," Nila says as she looks off toward the Rattata that she kicked into a tree. He'd probably be fine... "Out of curiosity, do you know your way around a fight, too, or do you generally just take hits for your friends?"
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

Zuikaku

Zuikaku blinked and said, "Oh? Uhh, I didn't know you had to have a lot of Pokemon. Tsukimi and I seem to be doing okay so far, it's not about how many you have, right? It's about how close a friend you are with them!" largely without a care in the world, grinning. "Besides, I'll fight for my Pokemon, and that makes two! I'm like a Pokemon on my own!" Infallible logic!

8. - Top - End - #188

Johnny Brockton

Johnny lightly twirls one of his throwing spikes in his right hand as he responds. "These aren't just for show. I doubt they have the impact that kick just did, but they do the trick for putting down anything that doesn't have the good sense to show it's belly when Pepper gets going. But for the most part, yeah, I'm the 'shield' in our partnership. At least until..."

He hesitates for a moment, then seemingly coming to a decision he pulls down his hood. His deep red hair is disheveled from the constant coverage. Closing his eyes and looking up towards the sun he breaths in for a moment then puts his hands together in front of him. After a few moments he pulls them apart to reveal a tiny ball of flame the size of an acorn. Releasing his breath in a sudden gasp the fire flickers out.

"Until I can get a handle on that." he says, breathing slightly heavily as he pulls his hood back on again. "The spark's there, but I'm missing some element to make the final connection. That's why I'm heading towards the Tower of Fire."

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Nila
    "Whoa!" the girl says, jumping back. "I mean, I knew there were people connected to the elements, living next to Saffron, but I never thought I would meet one." Pale Night hides behind her trainer, wary of the hot light that showed up in the other human's hands.

Show

10. - Top - End - #190

Johnny Brockton

"It's a somewhat recent development, and not exactly one I was thrilled with at the time. A boat in the middle of the ocean isn't a great place to suddenly become 'connected' to fire, not to mention the unpleasant side effects. But it is what it is, and teaming up with Pepper has given me a bit more control over it than meditation and breathing exercises ever did."

Pulling out his pokedex he pulled up it's number and held it out for Nila. "I should get going, I'm hoping to get to Cherry Town early enough to ask the locals about the Tower before it gets too late. I'm not great with crowds but if you ever feel like teaming up or just need a training partner this is my number. Name's Johnny."
    Last edited by Lokyar; 2016-06-22 at 05:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Nila
    "Nila," the girl says, exchanging numbers. "Gimme a shout if you need help out of a jam," the girl says with a smile.

"Come on, Marcus! Let's go find Sam and Bob, see how their experience on the route was."

Show

12. - Top - End - #192

Johnny Brockton

Johnny nods, then before leaving waves to Marcus. "Good fight, see ya around man."

Whistling for Pepper the two leave, making their way further along the route. "I think it'll be a while before we can handle four on two like that, so I'm gonna be depending on that nose of yours. If you find one or two, go at it. Any more than that steer us clear. But if you smell another fire pokemon...well, let me know and we'll sneak up on them. Nothing like a surprise attack to turn the odds in our favor."

13. - Top - End - #193

RedKnightGirl

Justin Hawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

B.T.

"All fine by me," B.T. says easily, as she passes Panny a mint and scoops him up in her arms. "I figure I'll come back later and do some more scans anyway, so we can push on if you want. Not starting my holiday by crawling through the bushes in search of pokespoor sounds pretty awesome," she shrugs. "Not that I object, really. Doing that's fun sometimes. But, you know, holiday,"

She pauses, rummaging in one of the side pockets of her bag for something.

"Just give me a sec to..." she mutters, still searching, before pulling out a small bottle with a triumphant grin. "There we go. A little something for the pain for my best boy," B.T. says, smiling as she gently squirts the potion on Panny.

"You know, I don't think you've met yet, have you? This is Panny," she indicates the bundle of black and white fuzzy attitude in her arms, that's swining a bamboo cane ominously around.
    "You're right, this would be the first time. Don't think I've seen a pokemon like that before. Where are they from?" Out of curiosity, he pulls out his pokedex. "Let's see if this thing knows too. Oh Dusty, why don't you say hello to Panny?"

The little spider seems to hesitate, but slowly lowers himself on a thread to the ground and scurries over to have a closer look at Panny. The tiny, fuzzy spider clicks his mandibles together in greeting.

"Sorry he's a bit tired. When we get to town I'm going to find him some power to recharge on."

14. - Top - End - #194

As he strolled through the grass Johnny pulled out his pokedex, taking advantage of the quiet to do a little much needed studying.

"Alright, let's see how this thing works. She said it responded to voice command. Pokedex, how many fire-typed species are known to live in Cytia?"

I'm sorry, that information is not in my databanks.
    "Hmm. Okay, what information is in your databanks regarding fire types?"

Searching...
    Search returns:
    • "Fire-type Pokémon in Kanto"
    • "Fire-type Pokémon in Johto"
    • "Fire-type Pokémon in Hoenn"
    • "Fire-type Pokémon in Sinnoh"
    • "Fire-type Pokémon in Unova"
    • "Fire-type Pokémon in Kalos"
    • "List of Fire-type Pokémon"
    • "Interactions between the Fire type and other types"
    • "Gym Leaders with Fire-type Pokémon"
    • "Notable trainers with Fire-type Pokémon"
    • "Fire-type Moves"
    "Expand on Gym Leaders and Notable Trainers with Fire-Type Pokemon."

Gym Leaders who specialize in the Fire type include:
    • Blaine in Kanto
    • Flannery in Hoenn
    • Chili in Unova (former)

Notable trainers with Fire-type Pokémon include:
    • Red
    • Brendan
    • Maxie
    • Marley
    • Alder
    Johnny sighs as the readout progresses. "Pokedex, restrict results to Cytia Region."

No results found.
    "Alright, plan b then. Pokedex, do you have any information regarding the Tower of Fire?"

No information found
    "Hmm. What categories of information are available for the Cytia Region?"

Searching...
    No results found.
    "Wow, she really did give us a blank slate. Pokedex, is there a reason your databanks are so sparse for this region?"

The Pokédex database is written by Pokémon Professors, who send Pokédex Holders out to gather information on the region. This data is then sent back to the Pokémon Professor, who writes the entries for the region and links already-existing segments of data to the region, as appropriate.
    "So some information exists, but it doesn't know what to link until we go out and ask the right questions. Alright, let's go ask questions then..."

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Zuikaku, Ryoko

As Zui espouses the virtues of her teamwork with her Pokémon, she gets the sense that her Moon Stone feels a bit heavier than normal. As she glances up, she sees that a Starly has perched itself right on top of the lunar rock! Strangely, the Starly seems a little more...pink? than the other Starly seen on the route. It doesn't seem like it wants to move from its perch.
    Last edited by aturtledoesbite; 2016-06-23 at 12:42 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196

Samantha Clark

Sammy smile grew before she grasped the offered hand. She was not sure why he wanted to take her hand but it seemed like he wanted to be friendly. "I wonder if they have any tasty restaurants at Cherry Town. You know, it's funny; I passed by here on the way to the Pokemon Lab but I don't remember a thing about the place!" She shrugged and simply laughed it off. "Though I must say, I think you might want to get another Pokemon, either here or soon. The others dove into the grass earlier to get some reserves."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Zuikaku

Surely, anyone would notice when added weight falls on their head! ... ... ...

"Whew, my head feels heavy all of a sudden!" Zuikaku grinned, putting her hands to her waist. "I think I've had a lot of excitement in just a day, hehe..."

... who misses something like that?!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by CateranEnforcer View Post
    Justin Hawkins

"You're right, this would be the first time. Don't think I've seen a pokemon like that before. Where are they from?" Out of curiosity, he pulls out his pokedex. "Let's see if this thing knows too. Oh Dusty, why don't you say hello to Panny?"

The little spider seems to hesitate, but slowly lowers himself on a thread to the ground and scurries over to have a closer look at Panny. The tiny, fuzzy spider clicks his mandibles together in greeting.

"Sorry he's a bit tired. When we get to town I'm going to find him some power to recharge on."

B.T.

"Panny's from Kalos. Me and my sister found him and his brother there while dad was working, but I think pancham - that's his species, for the record - can be found here, too. That's what dad said, anyway," she frowns a moment. "...I think. You know, I probably should have called home when I got off the plane, now I come to think of it," B.T. adds with a frown. Then she shrugs.

"Ah, whatever. Mum'll call Professor Evergreen some time soon, anyway, just to make sure I was alright. I'll call 'em tonight, just to prove I'm not lying dead in a ditch somewhere," she heaves an exagerated sigh, then winks at Justin. "Parents. What're you gonna do, right?"

19. - Top - End - #199
    Barbarian in the Playground

Rui Mitsuharu

Rui would eventually slow down to a walking pace as she headed on down the road. There was only one way to Cherry Town so it wasn't like she actually needed to stop and wait for the others to catch up, but no reason to run the whole way~ Besides, Baron would probably get all tired and cranky if she made him run on those short little legs forever... Still, hopefully her ploy had worked and kept Yumeko and Zuikaku from interfering with the trainer battle.

Either way though, Rui was feeling a little too impatient to actually stop, so she'd continue on down the path, keeping an eye out for trainers or pokemon...

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

Marcus

"Lot of help you were..." Marcus mutters to himself, before catching up to Nila and eventually Sammy.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Clark
    "Though I must say, I think you might want to get another Pokemon, either here or soon. The others dove into the grass earlier to get some reserves."
    The blond shakes his head, having caught the tail end of the young woman's conversation. "Nothing there but a buncha mice. Gotta find something better than that! How was your battle?" He had caught brief flashes of her and Reina squaring off, meaning if they hadn't battled already then one was in the wings. Perhaps he might be able to rope the more aloof trainer in easier than he thought!
    Last edited by Charm25; 2016-06-23 at 09:52 AM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Barbarian in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Bob Autumn

"Huh? Why would I want more Pokemon? Tambourine here is the only one I've ever seen that can keep a beat." The bouncing Tympole vibrates his cheeks simulating a drum cymbal as proof. "No point to get anyone to join the band unless they can play something. I don't think mice can manage that."

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Further searches for wild Pokémon and trainers prove uneventful, and you all eventually find yourselves in Cherry Town.

Cherry Town isn't much bigger than Apple Town, and it shows. Notable structures include the Pokémon Center with the bright red roof in the center of town, and the blue-roofed PokéMart next door. Built into the side of the PokéMart, however, is an additional structure. A sign in front of the door says "Fishing Goods".

Near the north end of town, a large building stands above the rest. It appears to be labeled as a "Pokémon Trainer School", and can likely explain things like how types interact and what a given Pokémon might be ailing with...which might be more helpful if all of you didn't have pocket-sized encyclopedias with the information.

South is Route 701. North is Route 702 and Cherry Lake. East is Route 703.

The sun is beginning to set; further traveling is inadvisable.

...The pink Starly is still sitting on Zui's headstone.

23. - Top - End - #203

Finally arriving in town Johnny begins looking around. Though he doesn't plan on staying in one, having spent all of his cash on supplies and having resigned himself to camping on the road, an inn or town market might have a few people he could ask about the area.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Nila
    Hm, fishing supplies... Well, they probably have camping supplies as well, might as well make a stop. Maybe see something unexpected. "Hey guys, I'll meet you at the Pokémon center, okay?Gonna hit up the store really quick. I could keep going into the evening, but let me know what you guys talk over." With that, she jogs off to the store, and then the little fishing stand.

Show

25. - Top - End - #205

Samantha Clark

When Sayaka came to, she chirped and batted her wings until she was able to break free from the hold. The swablu then attempted to knock off Bob's hat and take her rightful place on top of his head. Regardless of the outcome, Sammy rushed forward and seized her Pokemon once more. "You just got out of such a difficult battle and this is what you do?" she exclaimed at her Pokemon. Sayaka merely nodded as a response. "Sorry about her. It's just in her nature to love head-sitting."

Sammy took a look over her poor swablu's body. "You still look a bit hurt darling. Let's get you patched up at the PokeCenter." She marched forward to the hospital without waiting for the others. Hashirama assuredly still required help after all.

26. - Top - End - #206

Griffon

Yumeko Shiroi

"Ah, there's nowhere to spend the night..."*
    "A 'Pokemon Trainer School'...** Oh, Zui-chan! You said you're not so good at that, right? Come, let's go see! You can come too, Starlette," she adds to the pink bird on Zui's head.
    "Ryocchan is already a really good Trainer, so you probably don't want to... Could you keep an eye on Rui-chan for me? Unless you two do want to come after all."
    Yumeko makes a quick bow to Ryoko, then takes Zui by the hand and starts excitedly pulling her toward the Trainer School. Hopefully they're still open at this hour...

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    *Gen. Ed.: 2 (what's a Pokemon Center?)
    **Perception: 12 (That Thing Looks Important)

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

B.T.

Town, at last. Woo. No, really, much excitement and so on and so forth. Shame it'd taken so long to get here, really and it'll be dark by the time they get to the lake.

Oh well.

"You still up to camping out at the lake tonight?" B.T. asks Justin with a considering glance at the reddening sky and growing shadows. She's still carrying an increasingly sleepy-looking pancham in her arms as they approach the town. "Whatever we do, I need to swing by the center to get that Starly we mauled fixed up properly,"

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

Zuikaku

Zuikaku jolts just a moment, before laughing to nod and go, "O-okay, I'll follow you!" and walks towards the Trainer School, before blinking. "Who's Starlette, by the way...?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Nila

The Fishing Store has the following items for sale.

Old Rod: $1000
    Bait: $250
    Bait x10: $2000
    Fishing Lure: $1500
    Water Filter: $500
    TM73 Thunder Wave: $2200

Yumeko, Zuikaku

A sign hanging on the front door of the trainer school reads "Closed". Come back tomorrow, maybe?

30. - Top - End - #210

Griffon

Yumeko Shiroi

"Oh, it's closed. Then I guess we should check in at the Pokemon Center...? Or, did Zui-chan want to do anything else tonight?"

Yumeko gently pokes at the belly of the Starly still patiently sitting on Zuikaku's head. "Zui-chan, you shouldn't ignore your new friend you know. They must be getting tired; make sure they have a comfortable place to sleep tonight!"