New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Silly Plots 2: Electric Boogaloo

This thread is for silly plots that can't really be placed specifically in another Nexus thread. Or, let's be honest, you needed more plots and you already had one in Random Plots.

Rules (Shamelessly Stolen from Magtok who stole them from Serious Plots):
    1:Use [Location] Tags
    2: If need be, use a [Plot] Tag as well.
    3: Each [Location/Plot] is under the owner's control.
    4: Play nice.
    5: Keep the Drama Low. Yes, this is a serious Silly Plot thread, so please, as rule 4 says, play nice. Just because the Plot is supposed to be serious silly, it doesn't mean you should be careless or rude or whatever.

If you think your plot is too serious, try Srs Plots, or the Random Places and Plots thread, if it's too crowded.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 2: Electric Boogaloo

Robert's Bar and Grille

It's a quiet little place, as quiet as the Lotus Gardens can get. Even with the place's residents though, it's still mildly classy with forks and knives.
    The expected lady shouldn't have trouble finding her date, as even with the very basic instructions, "large and blue" is fairly hard to forget.
    Sam's even harder to miss, at nearing seven feet tall and very wide. Judging from his arms there's lots of muscle in that, but judging from his belly it isn't all muscle. His porcine head and face holds a very nervous expression, fidgeting with his thick three-fingered hands. Two of them, though the good eye might notice his second pair of arms folded under the table. And as mentioned, his skin and coat of bristly hair are a blue-grey, except for a dark red stripe on his head where a mane might be.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

[Robert's Bar and Grille]

It's a few minutes after the appointed time for the date when someone else walks in. she's a young woman, 19 or 20 years old, and is wearing a stylishly designed red robe. Cinched at the waist by what appears to be a corset, with a section of the chest cut out to show a little of her nice, perky cleavage. A hood hangs back, not put up at the moment, and her walking shows her legs coming out from the front of the robe; seems she chose to wear a thigh length skirt and a pair of knee-high leather boots. She has short red hair done up in a pixie cut, and an emerald green right eye.

This all also shows off a few of the cybernetics in her body. The first and most obvious ones are that parts of her face and neck are replaced; her entire jaw and nose seem to be replaced by some kind of large rebreather contraption, and her left eye is replaced by a trio of green cameras, with a large attached metal band that wraps around the side of her head all the way to the back, her red hair spilling over it. Her right arm has slightly more bulk than the left, and what can be seen of it shows why; her entire right arm is replaced by a metal limb, though it's well designed with every finger present and apparently full range of dexterity. From a pair of holes in the back of her robe, a pair of large mechadendrites protrude; the first is a large clamp with a pneumatic arm, likely meant for crushing or holding things, while the other ends in a large number of tools on a swivel - screwdrivers, a motorized saw, an engraving tool, even a plasma cutter.

And she sits right down right across from Sam, "I'm so sorry I'm late! I got caught up in what I was doing and almost missed when i was supposed to leave." Hmm. When she gets close it's clear she's applied makeup to the small amount of skin on her face she actually can - some mascara applied to one eye, and... hmm, not much else. Maybe a little blush, but it's hard to tell.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

Sam offers her an awkward smile. His teeth are completely white, devoid of discoloration completely. He extends his big hand as gently as he can.
    "It's fine, fine. Evenin'. I'm Sam, they didn't tell me your name beforehand." he tells her. He's a little off-put by her eye, but that's just because he's imagining the process involved in installing it. Cyberware really isn't all that uncommon in Skyside, and an arm isn't anything too bad. He'd be sad for her if her rebreather ruined her voice, but whatever module creates it seems to have fine quality.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-06-21 at 04:14 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The techpriestess reaches out her cybernetic hand to shake his, "My name is Sherrel. It's nice to meet you, Sam." her voice actually has fairly clear cadence to it; there's a slight metallic ring, but no real distortion or static to it.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

Handshake! Depending on how sensitive her nose is, Sherrel might be able to pick up the smell of the strawberry shampoo he nearly doused himself with to make sure his coat was thoroughly cleaned.
    "So, guess you're stuck with me for the night, huh? I can flag a waiter down for you. Do you have any needs for food? I've seen cyberware back home that restricted diet and some that were crazy upper-class enough not to." he asks, trying to start a conversation about something innocuous.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

"I appreciate it. Mostly, It has to be something I can drink; any food that can be ground into small enough chunks or liquid to take in through a straw is fine," she says, "I know, not exactly attractive, but... well, it's how I am, at least right now. At least I can still taste." The grimace is clear on her face, even without a mouth, "I've been eating nutrient paste for far too long. What about you? Do you have any sort of special diet needs?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

"Well, maybe one day you can afford to get a new set of steel that does what yours does and also lets you chew. Nah, my body was custom-made. I can digest almost anything as long as it's, you know, really food." Sam admits, not trying to brag or anything. His body has its positives.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

[Robet's Bar and Grille]

"So, no offense meant, but you chose to look like that? Not complaining, but it's a bit unusual. Most people would only stick with four limbs, and blue is an odd color for flesh." and yet no comment on the warthog features.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

Sam looks a bit awkward and gives her a very nervous chuckle.
    "Eheh, uh, no. I asked them to give me a body that had the proper number of arms 'cause I'd just lost mine, and that wasn't as skinny because I was kind of starving. They kind of uh, went nuts. I don't particularly care, really. I have enough perks with this body that I can deal with my weird looks." he says, trying to downplay it all.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, if you say so," She says, looking a bit skeptical. then she stares at him, apparently lost in thought. What could be gained from that body that a sybernetic one couldn't achieve? What about a full cybernetic conversion? Of course, he'd lose a few things that only biological bodies can accomplish, but in exchange he'd get quite a bit. It'd even be able to monitor and manipulate his blood sugar and oxygen levels for peak efficiency in mental capacity. No need for food, so no direct need for a mouth...

Same may have to shake her out of her mental tinkering.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

Sam smiles for real this time.
    "I have my system specs if you want to see them sometime." he jokes.
    But really. He does.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"You do? I'd love to see them, when possible. I have so many ideas!" the smile is clear in her voice, even if she doesn't have the mouth to express it.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

"Uh, yeah, sure." he takes out his phone and slides it over to Sherrel. It's as big as a tablet for her.
    "Yeah. Send the .pdf to yourself if you really want. Uh, there's plenty of diagrams, just warning you."
    There's a perfectly reasonable possibility that she wouldn't necessarily want to see drawings of him naked after all.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2016-06-21 at 06:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

She does, indeed, send herself the pdf file of the body's specs, before sliding the phone back over to Sam, "Thanks, that should actually help a lot. I'm, uh, not being too creepy, am I? I've been told that's a bit of a problem."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

Sam gives a genuine laugh this time.
    "No, not really. You're already giving me more of a chance than anyone else has." he tells her before a waiter shows up to take drink orders. Sam only orders a soda, not feeling like drinking on a date.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Sherrel orders chocolate milk, of all things, "Well, ah, that's good. I have a hard time gauging myself on things like this. Besides, you're giving me a chance too - not many guys go for women that don't even have a mouth."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

"Well, I mean, it's really not so bad. Had I a choice I might have picked something more chrome and blue, but gray looks fine on you." he says with a goofy grin, giving her a nice few of his stubby little tusks.
    "Not that I'm one to talk, my gauntlets are pretty much the same color of gray. Was your steel a medical thing or did you just want the enhancements?"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

"Both, actually," she says, "I had a degenerative lung condition, but I was good with technology. The techpriests in my hive took me in and replacement of my lungs, throat, and mouth was one of the first things that got handled. I may not always like the appearance I have with it, but I'd never go back to what it was like before," she shrugs, "The eye, though, that wasn't medical. I just wanted something that could see into ultraviolet, infrared, and scan energy signatures. you'd be amazed how valuable that is, particularly in my line of work."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

"Well, that's no problem, then. If you don't like how it looks some day you can just have the, what's the word? Chassis? The outer parts replaced with something more advanced that does the same job and looks like you'd want it to. There's companies in Outside that do that. Where do you stay, anyway?" he asks her.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rober's Bar and Grille]

"I have an apartment in Inside. It's got pretty close proximity to a junkyard, which is where I do most of my, uh, shopping. I'll have to look into those companies." Sherrel looks away for a moment, blushing a bit. Seems talking about her appearance is a little embarrassing for her.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

Sam takes the hint.
    "So uh, what do you do? I work here as an apprentice chef. I'm sure I'll get my full status soon enough." he tells her as their drinks arrive.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rober's Bar and Grille]

A thin metal tube extends from the bottom of Sherrel's breathing apparatus down into her drink. Interestingly, she can talk at the same time she can drink, "I sell gadgets and knicknacks that I build, as well as do repairs for heavy machinery. Just last week I got called in to a construction company because one of their men drove a forklift into a wall. He was completely out of it, and the best part was he wasn't drunk, or high, but he'd had so many chocolate covered coffee beans that he crashed mid-drive."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

Sam doesn't really see much reason to comment on the use of an emergency induction port.
    "Oh, man. That's kind of the opposite of high, I guess. I haven't been at it long enough to have any crazy work stories. Most of the ones that came out of Skyside I wouldn't really want to talk about."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rober's Bar and Grille]

"You'll get there eventually, I'm sure. Not that you'll want to be there of course, since it means something's gone horribly, horribly wrong, but it still makes for good stories in the long run."
    Sherrel seems amused by the turn in the conversation, "what sort of food do you like best? since you're an apprentice chef and all."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

Sam goes back to being his awkward self.
    "Oh, well, I don't really have a favorite or anything. I uh, know it's a bit of reinforcing a stereotype, but I like all kinds and varieties. Probably 'cause I didn't get all that much of a menu for most of my life, so I'm discovering a lot of it now." he admits.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rober's Bar and Grille]

Sherrel nods, "I get it. Personally, I prefer crab over most things; it's really hard to get into a proper drink for me to taste, but it's absolutely delicious when made properly."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

"Well, if I don't scare you off by the end of the night I'll see if I can't learn a few recipes for you."
    Presently the waiter returns for their order. Presumably the restaurant is one that has been scoped out and can provide a liquid meal for Sherrel.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

[Rober's Bar and Grille]

Sherrel will order what is, essentially, a pasta smoothie. "I'd like that. And so far, you haven't done anything to scare me off at all."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert's Bar and Grille

Sam orders soup. Everyone likes soup, right?
    "Well, I'll take that as a compliment so far. So, do you want to do anything after dinner? There's a theater somewhere. My TV is big enough if you wanted to watch a film low-key like, but it's not really the most romantic place." he blushes dark blue when he says that, but given his hair Sherrel would only notice if she was using her thermal eye or looking at the exposed skin in his ears.